PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 5, 2024 vs Essendon

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-04-2024, 10:55 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Essendon. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Or was it a collection of moments that you thought 'oh dear that's sure to produce a flood of WOOF melts on par with GG's post GF loss..

Happy Days
12-04-2024, 11:44 PM
Xavier Duursma dogging from 55 on the fence. Like honestly piss off.

azabob
12-04-2024, 11:45 PM
Watching Naughton run down the outer wing in the second quarter, had his goal of the year blinkers on and shanked the kick. From there onwards we didn’t look like it.

Not great leadership.

macca
12-04-2024, 11:47 PM
Its was JUH first miss in the last quarter, that was 12 point turn around. If he kicked it , we would have been 8 points I think still in it.
Hia second shot also missed on same angle about 40 m out .
Goal kicking is a problem ... still.
Fact we kicked 9 goals says it all.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-04-2024, 11:50 PM
The game was over but Libba getting decked by Stringer and on all fours in pain. Our spiritual leader. Nobody did a damn thing. It told you everything you suspected of this group - soulless, weak, defeated.

JanLorMill
13-04-2024, 12:01 AM
The English dropped mark in the first quarter. Soft. Really 5 years ago some were saying he’ll never be the ruckman we need.

lemmon
13-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Missed opportunities at the start of the second term. We had them then, if we convert and get a 4-goal buffer, the game looks completely different.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:07 AM
The English dropped mark in the first quarter. Soft. Really 5 years ago some were saying he’ll never be the ruckman we need.

Of the many, many issues posed by Tim tonight this wasn’t one of them. He got his legs taken out badly and the bald prick umpire did the “I’m scared to look at the screen” thing with his hands over his eyes. Set the tone really.

merantau
13-04-2024, 12:09 AM
So many bad moments and many players featured in them. Every time we needed to kick a goal we didn't. It would have been extremely ironic had English kicked a goal with the last kick of the match. I said to my family: "He won't kick it." I was supremely confident and that is really depressing. He put the boot into me by missing EVERYTHING!

westdog54
13-04-2024, 12:11 AM
The game was over but Libba getting decked by Stringer and on all fours in pain. Our spiritual leader. Nobody did a damn thing. It told you everything you suspected of this group - soulless, weak, defeated.

It was a clean tackle. Every time we "did something" tonight a soft free or 50 was paid against us.

JanLorMill
13-04-2024, 12:14 AM
Of the many, many issues posed by Tim tonight this wasn’t one of them. He got his legs taken out badly and the bald prick umpire did the “I’m scared to look at the screen” thing with his hands over his eyes. Set the tone really.
Maybe a free and should still have held it. The one of first of many examples tonight. You have to expect contact and it’s pretty obvious he does not like the contact.

azabob
13-04-2024, 12:15 AM
Kinda feel like this is on jeemak.

He goes to the footy on the corporate dime, then dares to entertain the fact if it goes wrong he can get drunk on free booze…

Sedat
13-04-2024, 12:26 AM
Bramble diabolical handball error in the 2nd qtr when he had 5 players running alongside him and 1-on-1's in F50. We were still in front at the time.

Just a horrible error.

Happy Days
13-04-2024, 12:42 AM
Kinda feel like this is on jeemak.

He goes to the footy on the corporate dime, then dares to entertain the fact if it goes wrong he can get drunk on free booze…

Silence from Jeemak is deafening.

angelopetraglia
13-04-2024, 12:49 AM
Many moments tonight. But the damn wall broke when JOD had his head rearranged by a spoil and it wasn't paid and they kicked they second goal of the last quarter.

It was curtains after that. We folded.

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 12:59 AM
Duursma's first arrow.

angelopetraglia
13-04-2024, 01:01 AM
Duursma's first arrow.

He kicked two from outside 50m. The fist one from an acute angle. Some kicking. It is like a dagger through the heart when we missed some from direclty in front like Marra's first opportunity of the last quarter.

jeemak
13-04-2024, 02:05 AM
Second quarter, Naughton streaming towards fifty and Marra screaming for the ball deep in his wrong pocket, instead of looping around and presenting a short and opening up some space behind him.

It just felt to me the team wasn't working together and it was going to be a shit night. Marra played well, but that bit of his game got me.

ratsmac
13-04-2024, 06:07 AM
The moment I saw JOD selected. Nothing against him at all. Just team balance looked off for the team we were up against

Grantysghost
13-04-2024, 08:33 AM
Second quarter, Naughton streaming towards fifty and Marra screaming for the ball deep in his wrong pocket, instead of looping around and presenting a short and opening up some space behind him.

It just felt to me the team wasn't working together and it was going to be a shit night. Marra played well, but that bit of his game got me.

Can not agree here. Leading to a guy that over bounces is very difficult. Naughton butchered that moment absolute amatuer and devoid of any footy iq.

AshMac
13-04-2024, 08:40 AM

Bloody good point. I?m so numb to the disappointment I didn?t notice this but you are spot on.

A disgraced scumbag of our club decks our vice captain and not one player did a thing!!

soupman
13-04-2024, 09:12 AM
Can not agree here. Leading to a guy that over bounces is very difficult. Naughton butchered that moment absolute amatuer and devoid of any footy iq.

Weightman was in the perfect spot for a short hit up and was asking for it and Naughton stuffed it.

ledge
13-04-2024, 12:26 PM
The minute Essendon lost to port and the media piled it on the bombers. Everyone in the footy world knew it was coming except our coach.

azabob
13-04-2024, 12:55 PM
The minute Essendon lost to port and the media piled it on the bombers. Everyone in the footy world knew it was coming except our coach.

Ledge and the players and the bloody players.

SonofScray
13-04-2024, 02:04 PM
Bramble diabolical handball error in the 2nd qtr when he had 5 players running alongside him and 1-on-1's in F50. We were still in front at the time.

Just a horrible error.

To that point I was confident that eventually we?d get our noses in front by a comfortable margin and weight of numbers would win the day for us. Thought we?d emphatically punish that turnover and cash in on some good running football. Then it was, hang on, we?re not good enough.

There was a moment in the first or second, where their ruck streamed out the front of the contest and pumped the city inside 50. A scene we see too regularly. I thought if that big dumb shit can do it to us, anyone can. We?re cooked.

The bulldog tragician
13-04-2024, 02:45 PM
We were 14 points down at 3/4 time. Felt like that flattered us, but it was immensely doable. Collingwood in the past two seasons have made an art form of pinching those ones where they haven’t played well. They intensify the pace of the match, run harder in waves, take risks in the corridor.

A point was scored by the Bombres. Still doable. But we moved the ball out at a snails pace. Slow, stagnant, chipping it around. No urgency, no risk taking, no sense we were going to storm home over the top of them. We were the anti-Collingwood. I knew we’d lose from that moment.