PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Coaches

GVGjr
04-05-2024, 03:35 PM
Lets assume there was a spill and fill for all assistant coaches spots at the end of the season.
Lets also assume that a new senior coach has been appointed.

We also have a lot of money to spend on assistant coaches.

Who would be your wish list of assistants to support a new coach and what would be the reasons for selecting them?

Scraggers
05-05-2024, 03:02 PM
I like what Dean Cox has done with the Swans ruck/midfield/game strategy. He would worth a phone call.

GVGjr
05-05-2024, 03:19 PM
I like what Dean Cox has done with the Swans ruck/midfield/game strategy. He would worth a phone call.
Same here. I'd also like to talk to Monty as a defensive coach and Rahilly as the forwards coach.

bornadog
05-05-2024, 03:25 PM
Is there an Issue with our coaches?

The only coach I have not been impressed with is Lade. we have gone backwards opver the past couple of years. in 20222 we were number one for Centre Clearances an right up there with cont poss.

This year we have dropped to 11th CP, and 14th in Clearances. Something has changed with our tactics, and I can only think it is Lade.

ledge
05-05-2024, 03:37 PM

The only coach I have not been impressed with is Lade. we have gone backwards opver the past couple of years. in 20222 we were number one for Centre Clearances an right up there with cont poss.

This year we have dropped to 11th CP, and 14th in Clearances. Something has changed with our tactics, and I can only think it is Lade.

Would it be Smith, libba and Macrae missing games ?
Bont been quiet a few games too.
Let’s face it we have been the same since 2021 and it wasn’t working. We need change.

GVGjr
05-05-2024, 03:41 PM

Not at all. I think they are all good.
You appear to have expressed some concerns with the way Lade has managed the midfield rotations so are you happy to keep him in any circumstance with the way the season pans out