PDA

View Full Version : Dog Gone Legends

GVGjr
26-04-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure if many are following this initiative by the club but tonights guest will be Steve Wallis.

LostDoggy
26-04-2008, 11:41 AM
A player that gave 100% all the time.
I miss Wally as much as I miss Kritter, Crofty and Grant.

craigsahibee
26-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Maybe Wally will reminisce about the shirtfront he put on Brett Heady in 1994 (Round 22) which led to the half time brawl and Daniel Southern's headlock on Sumich. Classic stuff.

BulldogBelle
26-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe Wally will reminisce about the shirtfront he put on Brett Heady in 1994 (Round 22) which led to the half time brawl and Daniel Southern's headlock on Sumich. Classic stuff.

Having once worked with him he always used to bring that up and also his hit on a Geelong player, name escapes me at the minute. He has his old locker firmly implanted in his office.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Wallis knows his footy.

He came down to our U18's side last year and took training for a night. Some interesting drills & ideas/suggestions he came up with, learnt a lot from that night. He's interesting to listen to, always straight to the point & doesn't muck around.

BulldogBelle
26-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Adrian Hickmott.

Yep, that's the man.

He came down to our U18's side last year and took training for a night. Some interesting drills & ideas/suggestions he came up with, learnt a lot from that night. He's interesting to listen to, always straight to the point & doesn't muck around.

He always takes an interest in the youngsters mainly because his sons are involved in footy. A friend of mine his son was coached by him for a few games it was under 11's a few years back at Essendon Grammar School.

craigsahibee
26-04-2008, 04:20 PM
That hit on Hickmott was the game Dougie broke EJ's games record, and who can forget Dicky Osborne's torpedo from the wing in the last quarter to the Barkly St end. And what about Steve Kretiuk towelling up Ablett that day. Super also played a blinder. Happy days....

Mofra
26-04-2008, 07:04 PM
That hit on Hickmott was the game Dougie broke EJ's games record, and who can forget Dicky Osborne's torpedo from the wing in the last quarter to the Barkly St end. And what about Steve Kretiuk towelling up Ablett that day. Super also played a blinder. Happy days....

Clear memory of that one - he waited for a leading option, none forthcoming, so he basically started his run-up from the payers race and unleashed one of the biggest kicks I've seen in a game.

LostDoggy
27-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Nice to see they spelt his name right last night as well, Steve Wallace??? What the.

soupman
27-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Whilst I don't recall ever seeing him play (I was very young at the time) I am sure he had various inspiring plays over his career.

Why then was the highlights package they played last night so uninspiring, they had this big music as if he was superman, but the highlights they chose were of simple makrs on the lead, a nice chip pass and the most inspiring being a goal kicked from a set shot about 40 out on a moderate angle. Just a weird choice of highlights for someone who must've had some better moments than them.

Bulldog Revolution
27-04-2008, 07:40 PM

Classic day at the Whitten

I thought that was Supers torpedo, are you sure it was Osborne?

I am sure Super kicked a few torpedos also on the day

craigsahibee
01-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Definitely Osborne. I bought the VHS from Australian Football Video 2 weeks later and have watched it over and over.

GVGjr
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Definitely Osborne. I bought the VHS from Australian Football Video 2 weeks later and have watched it over and over.

Terrific kick wasn't he? Wheeler has mentioned a few times that Ossie cost him his job when he left to go to America to trail as a punter.