PDA

View Full Version : The TV deal and what it means to us

Sockeye Salmon
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I had a look at our draw to see how often we will be on FTA.

Definately on Channel 7

Friday nights

R4 v Rich
R16 v Gee
R17 v WC
R18 v St. K

Sunday 2pm

R1 v Gee
R7 v Melb
R8 v Coll
R10 v Carl
R13 v NM
R22 v NM

That's 10 times guaranteed, all Melbourne games anyway.

Definately On Fox
Sun 1pm

R5 v Haw
R9 v Syd (Canberra)
R21 v Haw

Sun 5pm

R2 v Ade
R20 v Ade (AAMI)

To Be Decided

Saturday night (channel 10 to pick the best game)

R3 v St. K (or Freo v WC)
R11 v Bris (Gabba) (or Carl v PA)
R12 v Freo (Darwin) (or NM v Ade)
R15 v Ess (or Melb v Bris)
R19 v Melb (or Syd v St. K)

We're a good chance to be on FTA for all of these!

Saturday 2pm (10 and Fox to alternate 1st choice)

R6 v WC (Subi) or (Ess v Haw)
R14 v PA (or Coll v St. K)

1 game we will be on, one game we wont be on.

I expect to be on FTA 16 times this year, which is way better than before despite there being fewer games on FTA.

I expect to be on Fox for just three interstate games (four if channel 10 think it's too expensive to televise the Darwin game despite WB v Freo being a much better game that NM v Ade).

Go_Dogs
06-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Go FTA. It's my easiest way to view games. :)

Dry Rot
06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Has Foxtel got the rights?

Bugger.

bornadog
06-02-2007, 07:16 PM

Definately on Channel 7

Friday nights

R4 v Rich
R16 v Gee
R17 v WC
R18 v St. K

Sunday 2pm

R1 v Gee
R7 v Melb
R8 v Coll
R10 v Carl
R13 v NM
R22 v NM

That's 10 times guaranteed, all Melbourne games anyway.

Definately On Fox
Sun 1pm

R5 v Haw
R9 v Syd (Canberra)
R21 v Haw

Sun 5pm

R2 v Ade
R20 v Ade (AAMI)

To Be Decided

Saturday night (channel 10 to pick the best game)

R3 v St. K (or Freo v WC)
R11 v Bris (Gabba) (or Carl v PA)
R12 v Freo (Darwin) (or NM v Ade)
R15 v Ess (or Melb v Bris)
R19 v Melb (or Syd v St. K)

We're a good chance to be on FTA for all of these!

Saturday 2pm (10 and Fox to alternate 1st choice)

R6 v WC (Subi) or (Ess v Haw)
R14 v PA (or Coll v St. K)

1 game we will be on, one game we wont be on.

I expect to be on FTA 16 times this year, which is way better than before despite there being fewer games on FTA.

I expect to be on Fox for just three interstate games (four if channel 10 think it's too expensive to televise the Darwin game despite WB v Freo being a much better game that NM v Ade).

Great News thats alot of games.

GVGjr
06-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Has Foxtel got the rights?

Bugger.

It would appear that Foxtel will do four games per week during the season.
The upside is that there will more live games for people to watch and the downside is the people who don't have Foxtel don't get as many games to see.

I think the AFL has a preference for more live games to be available that Foxtel can accommodate rather than the delayed telecasts on FTA

bornadog
07-02-2007, 12:09 AM
It would appear that Foxtel will do four games per week during the season.
The upside is that there will more live games for people to watch and the downside is the people who don't have Foxtel don't get as many games to see.

I think the AFL has a preference for more live games to be available that Foxtel can accommodate rather than the delayed telecasts on FTA

On talk back radio today a lot of people whinging they can't afford Foxtel and they will miss out. What I say to them is cast your mind back to pre Foxtel, how many games were shown each week then?

Dry Rot
07-02-2007, 10:25 AM

Definately on Channel 7

Sunday 2pm

R1 v Gee
R7 v Melb
R8 v Coll
R10 v Carl
R13 v NM
R22 v NM

Is this correct? There seems to be some confusion about what Sunday games Fox is showing.

Hope you're right.

Sockeye Salmon
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Is this correct? There seems to be some confusion about what Sunday games Fox is showing.

Hope you're right.

Fox will be doing the early game (1pm) and the late game (4 or 5pm).

Channel 7 will show the V8's until 3pm and then show a delayed telecast of the 2pm game.

Dry Rot
07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Fox will be doing the early game (1pm) and the late game (4 or 5pm).

Channel 7 will show the V8's until 3pm and then show a delayed telecast of the 2pm game.

Around Australia?

Wonder how many FTA Dogs games into Melbourne wil be bumped up here to show Swans games instead?

southerncross
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Around Australia?

Wonder how many FTA Dogs games into Melbourne wil be bumped up here to show Swans games instead?

It's a shame that there isn't a bit more clarity in all this at the moment. I suppose we will all know more in the coming weeks.

I really miss the old footy programs that showed the best quarter and summary from just about every game.

westdog54
08-02-2007, 08:15 PM

IMO this is an excellent result for the club and the fans.

While we've had our share of luck with how the fixture panned out, form and the style of footy we play will go a very long way to influencing 10's decision as to what Saturday games they show.

As for the Foxtel factor, I can't afford foxtel either, but I'm in a spoilt position where there are plenty of pubs and clubs near me that'll be showing games on big screens if I've got the night off work.

mjp
08-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, for those of us in the unhappy circumstance last year of hunting for pubs with both good facilities and the game on (I guess Vic on Hyde proved the most reliable but the bar wasn't super high) I have shelled out for both Foxtel and a new TV in the offseason...

So, for everyone who was involved in the weekly hunt around, my place is now an option...(there is of course the issue of the two month old baby and the potential for background noise generated by the other 2 midgets, but you cant have everything!)

As SS says though, the venue wont be needed too often.

alwaysadog
08-02-2007, 11:22 PM
It seems to me that further syphoning is occurring wrapped up in the guise of further coverage in emerging markets.

FWIW in 1992 because we did well we were on nearly every week. I would expect us as the preferred team to watch to feature at least 3/4 of the season. If we don't we will see who are the real losers in this deal. Call it paranoia but it smells like the average FTA supporter.

7 bids a lot but has to on sell at ahuge price and we suffer; swings and roundabouts???

Dry Rot
09-02-2007, 11:32 AM
For northern states Dogs fans, I presume we have the infinite pleasure of watching the swans or the Lions every week in Sydney or Brisbane.

So we see 3 out of every 7 non-swans/Lions games a week.

And on past experience, broadcasts of night games will start around the time pubs close.

Wonderful stuff....