Bulldog Revolution
28-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Josh Carr - 4 weeks for kneeing, can accept 3 with early plea
Kerr - 5 weeks, can accept 4 with early plea

BulldogBelle
28-04-2008, 06:56 PM

Thanks for that info BR, was there any word on Staker's report?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
28-04-2008, 06:57 PM

Ouch!!

Bulldog Revolution
28-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for that info BR, was there any word on Staker's report?

They said the incident had been cited, but there was no footage, and no mention of penalty

Minson is also under investigation for an incident that left Cox hunched over off the ball

BulldogBelle
28-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Minson is also under investigation for an incident that left Cox hunched over off the ball

Thanks BR, I don't think there was much footage of that either. Finger crossed anyway!

Mantis
28-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks BR, I don't think there was much footage of that either. Finger crossed anyway!

If the AFL spoke to me about what I saw it might result in a little holiday for Will.

bornadog
28-04-2008, 07:13 PM
1. Kerr deserves 5 weeks for that.

2. Staker hit Murphy in front of an Umpire

3. Hope Minson wasn't stupid.

BulldogBelle
28-04-2008, 07:16 PM
If the AFL spoke to me about what I saw it might result in a little holiday for Will.

Same, I saw it also - but I would develope selective memory and all that. ;)

bornadog
28-04-2008, 07:17 PM

It happened up your end Mantis, near that corporate box.:D

LostDoggy
28-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I would be very suprised if Minson was punished for th incident, because neither of the umoires witnessed the incident and there is no video evidence either. So I think that there s nothing to worry about.

Bumper Bulldogs
28-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Lets hope that Will learns from this.

We need his aggression but it needs control.

BB.

LostDoggy
28-04-2008, 08:06 PM
As long as Staker takes an early plea, will get off with just a reprimand, but if he does not it could be a one match suspension.

firstdogonthemoon
28-04-2008, 08:37 PM

how many weeks would you give him - hypothetically of course - i am sure you just imagined it

LostDoggy
28-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Cox would have milked it for all its worth though.

Mantis
28-04-2008, 09:01 PM
how many weeks would you give him - hypothetically of course - i am sure you just imagined it

In my view 1 maybe 2, but it has been shown that the MRP are pretty severe on behind the play incidents.

LostDoggy
28-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Off the AFL website:

"Contact between Geelong's Paul Chapman and Fremantle's Scott Thornton was dismissed due to the lack of available video evidence, as was contact between Bulldog Will Minson and West Coast's Dean Cox."

bornadog
28-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Off the AFL website:

"Contact between Geelong's Paul Chapman and Fremantle's Scott Thornton was dismissed due to the lack of available video evidence, as was contact between Bulldog Will Minson and West Coast's Dean Cox."

Excellent News. Will would not have done anything without being provoked, so end of story.

Go_Dogs
29-04-2008, 10:40 AM
Kerr will still get 3 weeks with an early plea is what my understanding is. Fair enough too. Headbutting should not be allowed.

LostDoggy
29-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Kerr will still get 3 weeks with an early plea is what my understanding is. Fair enough too. Headbutting should not be allowed.

And now the Wanker West Coast supporter sitting behind me on Saturday may understand why the Bulldog supporters gave Kerr the raspberry every time he got near the ball.

All day he was heard to say, "Why do they keep booing Kerr?"

Hello!

Sockeye Salmon
29-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I can't get over the "they were all over him the whole night" whinge.

He did it at the 9 minute mark of the first quarter!

You reckon if you headbutt the oppositions most respected player behind play you might get a hard time of it for the rest of the game?

hujsh
29-04-2008, 12:20 PM

You reckon if you headbutt the oppositions most respected player behind play you might get a hard time of it for the rest of the game?

Worse has happened to West (maybe Kangas when his jumper was ripped off) and nothing has come of it.

The Underdog
29-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Funnily enough I saw both the Kerr and Staker incidents but missed Will's. The Kerr one was pathetic and he deserves what he's got. The Staker one was pathetic for the fact that he decided to throw one after being on the receiving end of Hall's hit, but it was a soft blow at best.

Topdog
29-04-2008, 12:30 PM

Agreed, it has made me laugh to no end. At least Kerr got it right and said he wasn't frustrated as it was only 10 minutes into the game.

Just trying to deflect attention.

Bulldog Revolution
29-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Agreed, it has made me laugh to no end. At least Kerr got it right and said he wasn't frustrated as it was only 10 minutes into the game.

Just trying to deflect attention.

Completely Ablett and Kerr get the most soft free kicks in the league anyway, for all these people to be jumping up and down about Boyds work on Kerr was just a joke

LostDoggy
29-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Its great to hear that idiot Kerr got what he deserved. What I cant believe is that he claimed that the head butt was accidental. At least now he has been suspended, my West Coast supporter roomate will stop arguing there was nothing in it.

The Underdog
29-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Its great to hear that idiot Kerr got what he deserved. What I cant believe is that he claimed that the head butt was acidental. At least now he has been suspended, my West Coast supporter roomate will stop arguing there was nothing in it.

Didn't you hear, Scott West ran at him with his cheekbone, Kerr dropped his head to protect himself. It's a massive injustice.
At least that's Michael Voss' take on it.

LostDoggy
29-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Funnily enough I saw both the Kerr and Staker incidents but missed Will's. The Kerr one was pathetic and he deserves what he's got. The Staker one was pathetic for the fact that he decided to throw one after being on the receiving end of Hall's hit, but it was a soft blow at best.

This is what I don't get .. and I mentioned it in another thread: How is Staker's piss-weak attempt of a punch seen as 7 weeks less of an injustice than Hall knocking his lights out, just because Staker punches like a little girl? I mean, he swung exactly the same, he reached for Shaggy's chin (I think it was Shaggy, wasn't it?), in a sense it was even worse because he was facing the player and made a concerted and deliberate effort to punch someone. How is that only a reprimand? Are we saying that if he actually had some hand-eye coordination we'll punish him, but because he is a piss-weak w@nker we'll let him off with a giggle?

I'm thinking, on the weekend's evidence, Barry should get his sentence reduced because he wasn't really swinging that hard: Staker just has a glass jaw and can't take a gentle swat.

ps. I know that 'fighting ability' is taken into account when deciding on sentences, but this discrepancy is ridiculous. An attempt is/should be seen as roughly the same as doing it because the intent is exactly the same. All we're doing when we let some guy off because his attempt sucked is rewarding failure.

Sockeye Salmon
29-04-2008, 05:15 PM
This is what I don't get .. and I mentioned it in another thread: How is Staker's piss-weak attempt of a punch seen as 7 weeks less of an injustice than Hall knocking his lights out, just because Staker punches like a little girl? I mean, he swung exactly the same, he reached for Shaggy's chin (I think it was Shaggy, wasn't it?), in a sense it was even worse because he was facing the player and made a concerted and deliberate effort to punch someone. How is that only a reprimand? Are we saying that if he actually had some hand-eye coordination we'll punish him, but because he is a piss-weak w@nker we'll let him off with a giggle?

I'm thinking, on the weekend's evidence, Barry should get his sentence reduced because he wasn't really swinging that hard: Staker just has a glass jaw and can't take a gentle swat.

ps. I know that 'fighting ability' is taken into account when deciding on sentences, but this discrepancy is ridiculous. An attempt is/should be seen as roughly the same as doing it because the intent is exactly the same. All we're doing when we let some guy off because his attempt sucked is rewarding failure.

You've had a good day today, Lantern.

Posting BOG by a mile.

LostDoggy
29-04-2008, 05:21 PM
You've had a good day today, Lantern.

Posting BOG by a mile.

Hey thanks SS! Always nice to be acknowledged.

Cheers.

ps. Really should be working!