PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Bulldogs vs Dockers

GVGjr
18-05-2008, 08:48 AM
This is the discussion thread for todays game and I think Freo will really test us.

Pavlich is obviously the danger guy and I hope we can limit his influence

Akermanis to get the first goal and the Dogs by 21 points with Gilbee BOG

The Underdog
18-05-2008, 10:18 AM
A bit concerned about today, especially following the break.

Murphy for the first. Crossy for BOG.
Win by 14 points.

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Welsh for the first major
Brad Johnson BOG
Bulldogs by 44 points as evil Freo will turn up to play today.

Go_Dogs
18-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Griff for the first, and BOG.

Won't be a walk over I don't think. Dogs by 7.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Johnno with the first, Cooney BOG again.

Dogs by 26pts

dog town
18-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Must win. The way the results have gone if we win this then we have a chance to put a 4 game break on the pack chasing the top 4 if we beat North next week as well. Basically if we win the next two we will most likely be 4 games clear of the 5th side which would be a great buffer.

BOG- Crossy

First goal-Johnson

ledge
18-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Dog town your a studier of the ladder like me, yes well i hope Eade informs our players of how great a win this would be in setting us up for finals.
Enough drive there to fire us up.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I am still worried about this match but, dogs by 21.
Aker to get the first goal.
Cooney BOG.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 12:52 PM
I am worried about this game too, but hey what's new I worry every week:(

Johno to kick the first goal, and have a great game. Maybe Crossy to be best on ground due to Cooney's heavy tag.

Dogs by 14 points.

Rach
18-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Gonna be a great game (I hope). Thank god for Foxtel, don't like listening to it online.

I'll go Gia for the first goal. BOG Cooney. Dogs by 9 points

hujsh
18-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Dogs by 28
Boyd for first
Cooney BOG if we win

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I don't have foxtel, is the game on the radio today, SEN and 774ABC usually jump over there after their feature 2.00pm game don't they?

wimberga
18-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Dogs by 33 points, with Johnno with the first and Cooney BOG

Go_Dogs
18-05-2008, 01:47 PM
don't like listening to it online.

I have my sister's birthday today, so I'm going to be lucky to sneak in some online listening!

In fact, I have just realised I have probably cursed us, the only other game I've completely missed this year was against the Tigers....if we draw today, you know who to blame.

Hopefully some of you foxtel viewers can provide nice little write ups. :D

BulldogBelle
18-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Brad Johnson for the 1st goal.
BOG - Cooney
Dogs by 19 points.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Gilbee first goal.
Murphy BOG
Dogs by 54

MikeSheahan
18-05-2008, 03:26 PM
At least with the Doggies, you know exactly what you're going to get. Honesty. With Freo, which one will turn up today? Freo are as reliable as our public transport system. Freo could win this by 10 goals, but just as easily lose it by 10 goals. Dreadful signs at the most underachieving club in the competition.

aker39
18-05-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't have foxtel, is the game on the radio today, SEN and 774ABC usually jump over there after their feature 2.00pm game don't they?

Both SEN and the ABC will be doing our game in full as they are doing the 1.00pm game.

I am not usually a very confident bulldog supporter, but the simple fact is that if we play the type of footy we have been playing over the 1st 7 weeks, we WILL win.

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 04:00 PM
Both SEN and the ABC will be doing our game in full as they are doing the 1.00pm game.

I am not usually a very confident bulldog supporter, but the simple fact is that if we play the type of footy we have been playing over the 1st 7 weeks, we WILL win.

Thank you

Max469
18-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Murphy 1st goal

Aker BOG

Dogs 9 points

bornadog
18-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Aker 1st goal

Cross BOG

GVGjr
18-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Well we are in a real battle and given the warm conditions, we will need to fight this one out until the end.

G-Mo77
18-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Pretty ugly so far IMO especially late in that second quarter. Mistakes inside the defensive 50 were costly early on and their seemed to be a lot of unforced errors during the entire game. They have looked good in patches but have really not been consitant at all for teh first half.

Fremantle have thrown their best at us and are up by a point, hopefully we have the legs to run over them in the second half. Hopefully!

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 06:55 PM
The free kicks seem a little one sided...or is it just me?
Plenty of skill errors, ust not using the ball well.
Dissapointed with Williams first half, but quite happy with Eagletons.
I just hope we can come out after half time attacking the ball and using it a bit better!

Stevo
18-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Pretty ugly so far IMO especially late in that second quarter. Mistakes inside the defensive 50 were costly early on and their seemed to be a lot of unforced errors during the entire game. They have looked good in patches but have really not been consitant at all for teh first half.

Fremantle have thrown their best at us and are up by a point, hopefully we have the legs to run over them in the second half. Hopefully!

It's not the greatest standard but we have looked quicker and more skillful than Fremantle.

I think you are correct that Fremantle have thrown everything at us and the big question is if they have much more in the trick bag after the break.

My beloved Bulldogs by 9 points at the final siren

Stevo
18-05-2008, 06:59 PM
The free kicks seem a little one sided...or is it just me?
Plenty of skill errors, ust not using the ball well.
Dissapointed with Williams first half, but quite happy with Eagletons.
I just hope we can come out after half time attacking the ball and using it a bit better!

I have liked Eagles game so far and Williams seems a bit short of a gallop. Re the free kicks, did you really expect anything else? :)

DOG GOD
18-05-2008, 07:00 PM
very worried at this stage. we need to use the ball better in the 2nd half to remain in it. The "little" kicks here and there seem to be going freo's way, and once they get space they seem to have lots of it. The heat factor worries me. Big ground, hot conditions. If freo get out to a 4 gl lead then forget it.

we'll either win a close one or they will by over 20 pts.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-05-2008, 07:09 PM
very worried at this stage. we need to use the ball better in the 2nd half to remain in it. The "little" kicks here and there seem to be going freo's way, and once they get space they seem to have lots of it. The heat factor worries me. Big ground, hot conditions. If freo get out to a 4 gl lead then forget it.

we'll either win a close one or they will by over 20 pts.

Heat factor?

They reported it as 21 or something - there's no heat factor.

It's a game of fitness. Both have run hard, it's a matter of who's able to sustain that for the next two quarters.

hujsh
18-05-2008, 07:11 PM
We have a problem. We let Kepler have 10 disposals in the 1st quarter.

SHAME

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 07:15 PM
We're in a lot of trouble.
Need alot of blokes to lift.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Well this is what happens when you play stupid, weak as piss, error ridden football.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Williams selection puzzles me. He has hardly ben setting the world on fire since returning for Willy?
He has looked out of his depth today.
As a team we look flat, and the precise ball movement and hardness at the ball has been noticeably absent today. We seem to be relying on solo efforts to get anywhere.

hujsh
18-05-2008, 07:40 PM
Not happy. Not looking dangerous. Johnson needs to lift.

G-Mo77
18-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Lack of forward line pressure stands out to me. Fremantle get it in there forward half and are working extra hard to put pressure on our defenders while at the other end it always seems to come out to easily for me. Easy misses by Gilbee and Eagle at goal have hurt a lot!

We are certainly not out of this, they are known to crumble and their discipline is awful so we can get back into this game easily. The way it looks though we do not have the legs to do it. :mad:

Must get the first goal or I think we are done.

GetDimmaBack
18-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Tarrant 4 goals, Farmer just got one.
They lead by 3 goals.
NOW would be a good time to crank it up, Doggies!

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 07:52 PM
That's it, we're done now.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Gee Pavlich has towelled Morris up today. It's not often Morris gets pantsed.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 08:04 PM
Gees. We've done well.. I cannot believe we've hit the front!!!!!!

Need to keep going though.....6 minutes to go..
Next centre clearance VITAL!!!

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Goooooo Dogs!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Woo Hoooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GetDimmaBack
18-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Tarrant 4 goals, Farmer just got one.
They lead by 3 goals.
NOW would be a good time to crank it up, Doggies!
And we DID!!!!!
Good work, Doggies!

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Unbelievable! That game certainly took me through some emotions. How long did it feel that quarter went for?

GVGjr
18-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Phew, now that was close. We are the Harry Houdini of teams at the moment :D

Rach
18-05-2008, 08:15 PM
What a game! I'm speechless. :eek:

Bulldog4life
18-05-2008, 08:16 PM
You of little faith! lol

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Griff, Murphy, Hahn, Cooney and Guido..... big pat on the back for some inspirational efforts in the last Qtr. Just seemed to galvanise the group, and show them they way.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Phew, now that was close. We are the Harry Houdini of teams at the moment :D

Yep. average for 3 Qtr. and I guess we could focus on that, as a concern... but it takes a brave and talented group to will themselves back into a contest that for the majority of the game looked beyond them.
Freo gave it everything from the outset as everyone expected, but when it really got hot, we looked calm, and had a steely resolve.

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 08:25 PM
You of little faith! lol

I think I need a triple bypass

DOG GOD
18-05-2008, 08:28 PM
ran the game out very well...well done to the team.

hujsh
18-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Lack of forward line pressure stands out to me. Fremantle get it in there forward half and are working extra hard to put pressure on our defenders while at the other end it always seems to come out to easily for me. Easy misses by Gilbee and Eagle at goal have hurt a lot!

We are certainly not out of this, they are known to crumble and their discipline is awful so we can get back into this game easily. The way it looks though we do not have the legs to do it. :mad:

Must get the first goal or I think we are done.

Very much improved at the end. They couldn't get the ball out of out forward 50 in the last 6 minutes.

Johnson lifted (shame he missed the goal) but the man was Acker. His work out of the centre was awesome. Cooney did well as did Cross and Murph

G-Mo77
18-05-2008, 08:36 PM
That was just a fantastic win, I am still shaking!

Against the Dockers makes this so much better, in case know one knew I hate them. I hate the way they run around making gestures to the crowd after they kick a goal, how good was it to rub it in their faces on their home turf. Thoughts of Tarrant, Peake and Pavlich carrying on like they had one a grand final now brings a big smile to my face and just makes this one much more sweeter!

G-Mo77
18-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Very much improved at the end. They couldn't get the ball out of out forward 50 in the last 6 minutes.

Johnson lifted (shame he missed the goal) but the man was Acker. His work out of the centre was awesome. Cooney did well as did Cross and Murph

Yeah, didn't it ever. Johnson's tackle was awesome. The Freeo defenders didn't know what to do with the ball when they got it.

wimberga
18-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Griff, Murphy, Hahn, Cooney and Guido..... big pat on the back for some inspirational efforts in the last Qtr. Just seemed to galvanise the group, and show them they way.

Believe Aker needs to be at the very head of that List, with Eagleton squeezing in somewhere aswell. inspirational

Stevo
18-05-2008, 08:46 PM
There was a number of players that stood up in the last quarter when it counted and in the end it was the hardest of hard fought victories.
I believe that we need Farren Rays run in this side asap and in some ways picking Williams over him today might have nearly cost us the game.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Believe Aker needs to be at the very head of that List, with Eagleton squeezing in somewhere aswell. inspirational

Yep you're right. I should've put Aker in that list. He was very good.
For me, Griffen's run that resulted in a goal to cooney ( I think??) told me to buckle up, and watch us roll over the top of the Shockers.

firstdogonthemoon
18-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I never doubted us for a second. :D:D:D :eek:

becmatty
18-05-2008, 09:01 PM
How did our players go at Williamstown? Anyone fill me in?...

becmatty
18-05-2008, 09:04 PM
For me, best in this order was:

Griffen, Cooney, Akermanis, Cross, Murphy, Eagleton

GVGjr
18-05-2008, 09:05 PM
How did our players go at Williamstown? Anyone fill me in?...

It was played up in Bendigo with Williamstown winning by 37 points.
Bendigo Bombers 1.1 6.4 11.7 13.12 (90)
Williamstown 2.4 8.4 13.7 19.13 (127)

GOALS:
Bendigo Bombers: Skipworth 3 Johnson 2 Nash Bowe Williams Davies Coghlan Hooker Chartres Weeks
Williamstown: O'Keefe 5 Jolley 3 Little 2 Ray 2 Grant 2 Galea Picken Lynch Stretton Johnson

BEST:
Bendigo Bombers: Weeks Pears Crameri Bowe Johnson Skipworth
Williamstown: Street Cloke O'Keefe Jolley Ray Stretton

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Great tackle by Matty Boyd!

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I've heard the Eagleton may be in some trouble for a high forearm. Does anyone know anything about this incident?

BulldogBelle
18-05-2008, 09:21 PM
l was very worried about this game.
Glad to see we won but had to rely on phone calls and SMS as we were at a family diner with no way of watching.
The last few minutes nearly killded me and the misus as we waited for updates. At one stage we had had both mobiles going trying to get details.
Looking forward to download this game.

bornadog
18-05-2008, 09:21 PM
FREMANTLE: 6.2, 9.5, 14.8, 17.9 (111)
WESTERN BULLDOGS: 6.3, 9.4, 11.8, 17.12 (114)
GOALS: Fremantle: Pavlich 4, Tarrant 4, Peake 2, Bradley, Palmer, Ibbotson, Solomon, Mundy, Crowley, Farmer
Western Bulldogs: Murphy 3, Akermanis 3, Giansiracusa 2, Welsh 2, Cooney 2, Johnson, Minson, Eagleton, Hahn, , Hudson,
BEST: Fremantle: Pavlich, Johnson, Sandilands, Tarrant, Peake, Hayden,
Western Bulldogs: Akermanis, Murphy, Cooney, Cross, Eagleton, Griffen
INJURIES: Fremantle: TBC
Bulldogs: TBC
REPORTS: Nil
CHANGES: Foster (Frem) replaced in selected side by Peake, Callan (Bull) replaced in selected side by Williams
UMPIRES: James, Jeffery, Keating
CROWD: 35,624 at Subiaco Oval

Twodogs
18-05-2008, 09:22 PM
For some strange reason I was really calm and had no doubt we had enough in the tank to overrun them. I was just starting to experience a bit of doubt at 3/4 time but when Griff ran and bounced and ran and bounced and gave it of to Guido for the goal with 13 minutes to go I knew we'd find a way to win. This is an amazing group of players.

My six year old daughter spent the last 10 minutes laying face down on the floor saying "please win" over and over again.

Twodogs
18-05-2008, 09:24 PM
Jason Akermanis was great today. Spent the first three quarters keeping us in touch and then drove us over the line.

bornadog
18-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I was on edege all day and by the final siren felt like I played the whole game, as I tensed every muscle in my body.

What a great team with a never say die attitude. Aker really fired us up in the last quarter, and Cooney with two goals was sensational. Griffen had a great game as did Murphy, Eagle, GIa, Boyd and Cross in the last quarter.

The tackling in the last quarter to keep the ball in our forward 50 was outstanding, we just didn't let Freo get the ball up to the other end.

bornadog
18-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Gee Pavlich has towelled Morris up today. It's not often Morris gets pantsed.

Morris kept him to just 13 disposals with 8 coming from Marks. Yes he kicked 4 goals but he wasn't dominant.

bornadog
18-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I've heard the Eagleton may be in some trouble for a high forearm. Does anyone know anything about this incident?

Bumped him as he was kicking the ball and maybe a little high, but I wouldn't think he would go for that.

BulldogBelle
18-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I was so stressed out in that last quarter but somehow knew we would pull it out of the fire..we were very lucky today. Good to see the guys crank it up another gear into the next level.

LostDoggy
18-05-2008, 09:48 PM

If he is in trouble then Tarrant is in double trouble. How Cross wasn't payed a free Tarrants crude shepparding attempt with his fist to Cross's head is beyond me?
The fact that he goaled out of it makes it even worse.

ledge
18-05-2008, 09:51 PM
PHEW Williams was nowhere near ready!

GVGjr
18-05-2008, 09:56 PM
PHEW Williams was nowhere near ready!

I have seen him a few times with Williamstown and he just wasn't in good touch. Bulldogs Bite mentioned it last week as well. Coming into the side without decent form was always going to be difficult for him.

1eyedog
18-05-2008, 10:47 PM
I have seen him a few times with Williamstown and he just wasn't in good touch. Bulldogs Bite mentioned it last week as well. Coming into the side without decent form was always going to be difficult for him.

That should jog his memory a little bit into what is required at this level. He'll be feeling a little shell shocked tonight, but hopefully he'll be saying, "yeah that's what it is to play AFL footy" and he'll have a week to think about it.

firstdogonthemoon
19-05-2008, 12:28 AM
For some strange reason I was really calm and had no doubt we had enough in the tank to overrun them.

So when i texted you at three quarter time and said "I hate freo" and then you texted me and said "I hate everything" what you really meant was "I am really calm and have no doubts".

:confused:

wimberga
19-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Gia was incredible. Many doubt him but he just did so many of the important things when the game was there to be lost, kicing goals, landing passes, tackling. Everything. A great effort by guido and a performance his critics should look twice at.

immortalmike
19-05-2008, 03:08 AM
My six year old daughter spent the last 10 minutes laying face down on the floor saying "please win" over and over again.

Strangely enough so did I.:D

Well done boys great win by the Scraggers.

becmatty
19-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Murph first goal
Griff Best
Dogs by 3

ledge
19-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Had a Bulldog supporter at Watergardens pub put a bet on with his mate that Freo would win at 3/4 time, he was glad to hand the money over at the end of the game.

bornadog
19-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Gia was incredible. Many doubt him but he just did so many of the important things when the game was there to be lost, kicing goals, landing passes, tackling. Everything. A great effort by guido and a performance his critics should look twice at.

He was sensational in the last quarter and played his heart out.

DOG GOD
19-05-2008, 10:19 AM
IMO williams was RUSHED back into the team to get game time ready for the BUDDY attack in 2 weeks.

The Underdog
19-05-2008, 10:42 AM
IMO williams was RUSHED back into the team to get game time ready for the BUDDY attack in 2 weeks.

Thinking about it last night, this thought crossed my mind too. It's an odd way to go about it, but he was clearly underdone. They obviously were also a bit scared of Freo's tall forwards also and I guess picked him for balance, but I would have thought maybe Tiller could have played the role or alternatively come out for Ray. Be interesting to see what happens with selection next week, especially with the good record North's mostly ordinary talls have against us (yeah I'm looking at you Drew Petrie).

LostDoggy
19-05-2008, 11:13 AM
Williams is far more comfortable playing away from the goal square. CHB is his position.

He seems to have a rugby league mentality when near goals and as a result loses some of his poise and confidence towards attacking the ball.

Williams is a superb athlete who knows little about footy. There was a good example of this when he held Tarrant behind the goal line and gave away a free. All he needed to do was stand between Tarrant and the ball and Tarrant had no where to go.

These things he can learn. I am confident he will turn into something special.

dog town
19-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Extremely important win for us. Keeps a good buffer between us and the chasing pack. Also takes a bit of pressure off for this week which is important as I am sure North are primeing themselves. I like the fact that everyone in Australia could see Freo were going to come out hard but we still found a way to win after we were effectively down and out.

We keep finding new levels of intensity. The last quarter was probably the best display of defensive pressure I have seen from our side particularly off the ball. We worked so hard to cut off the options for Freo to use coming out of 50. We were then able to close them down and force tackles and more contests. It was pressure footy at its best by us and its pretty rare we have put the blowtorch to a side like that. The penny certainly seems to be dropping.

The way I saw the game is that we were happy to get numbers back and allow our forwards to have plenty of space . We were prepared to concede them a fair bit of ground and rely on our mobile forwards and stoppage dominance to put a score on the board. Freo were forced into a handball happy game which is the reason for the high possesion count they had. The two game styles both had advantages for each side without really being the deciding factor. At the very least we crowded the freo forward line to the point where Pavlich was forced a fair way up the ground to get a kick. It also meant that Freo made alot of errors under pressure around the midfield/half forward area. At times we seemed to lack the legs to push back up the ground and provide over lap options but we found a way in the end. I suppose the reason we found a way in the end is that we simply denied them the chance of getting the ball forward in the last quarter thus eliminating alot of the running we had to do.

We had our way with them at the stoppages again. We not only won more of them but later in the game we had alot of easy clearances that resulted in deep inside 50s. Credit to the boys for turning that around so far this season.

Our forward line continues to function with amazing efficiency but I still feel it could be better. Barely a week goes by this season without either Johnson, Hahn or Welsh dropping in front of Minson as he comes out unopposed on the lead. Just need a bit more communication. I suppose it is a strange set up we play with Hahn/Welsh often playing as deeper CHF's behind Murphy and it can be a fine line between giving an option and getting in the way.

Loved the fact that we looked so much stronger than them in the last quarter. We were just clean and strong in the contest whereas they fumbled all day.

Griffen- Freo put a bit more work into Cooney yesterday and Griff was able to pick up some of the slack. His risk taking and bulldozing work helped get us over the line. Can be an overrated kick at times but only because he doesn't take enough care with it. When he really settles on a kick he has amazing deftness. Cant belive how strong he is through the hips. That bit of play to set up Guido for his last quarter goal was breath taking.

Cooney- He was very good again and got us over the line when moved forward late. It was a pretty hard tag by Crowley but he was still able to influence the game. Needs to get out and take more marks around the ground. 2 is not even close to enough from a midfielder.

Cross- Very good all game although its obvious he is carrying an injury. Often wins crucial contests in the last quarters of close games.

Hargrave- As is generally the case when Hargy plays well I think his game has been overlooked. He completely blanketed Farmer at the expense of his usual attacking game. I thought he should have been switched onto Tarrant to be honest but he did his job well.

Minson- Keeps improving. I still think he will kick more goals as the year goes on. We tend to get in his way a bit. Surely he will have a day where all those marks start sticking? Around the ground and stoppage work is coming on nicely.

Aker- Did the things we got him to the club for. Loves the big occasion and stepped up everytime we needed him. Love the way he seems to enjoy kicking for goal so much. Amazes me that he can get left to right swing on the ball so easily from those pockets. Like to see him in the midfield more.

Johnson- Was very ordinary early but lead the fightback well. Great sign that Johnson is starting to tackle more often and do a few more of the team things. Sends a great message.

Wight- Pantsed by Tarrant and made that horrible mistake in the first quarter. For all the question marks people have on his disposal it is the first real howler I can remember from him that directly cost a goal. Ordinary game from Cam. Did some nice things late on.

Tiller- I thought we should have used him more. When he was on he gave a good option as a lead up player. He is doing fairly well when on the ground IMO.

Williams- Short of a gallop. Should be better for the run.

Welsh- Been a bit quiet lately but pops up when we need him. You just know he has a 5 or 6 goal game in him just around the corner. He was like that at the crows too.

Murphy- 10 marks and 3 classy goals. Close to our best on the day.

Eagleton- Very good game from Eagle. Liked his run and carry. The ground tends to suit him.

Boyd- A little down but made some very important contributions. Probably a game saving tackle after Guido turned the ball over late in the last quarter.

Guido- Keeps popping up with damaging contributions. A couple of classy finishes from a very good foot soldier.

Lake- Does he need a spray every week to get his head in the game? At his best when we are under pressure late in games but we need a more consistent output from him.

Morris- Battled hard on Pav.

Gilbee- Well down. Concerning to say the least at the moment. Good sign that we won without a big contribution from him. His confidence seems shot at the moment. Couldn't believe he passed to Murphy in the third quarter.

Mantis
19-05-2008, 06:42 PM
^^

Good summary.

Agree that Aker needs to spend more time in the midfield. His last qtr in and around the stoppages was first class. Hopefully he will be used a bit more when other's are copping a hard tag, like Cooney yesterday.

Twodogs
19-05-2008, 06:45 PM
So when i texted you at three quarter time and said "I hate freo" and then you texted me and said "I hate everything" what you really meant was "I am really calm and have no doubts".

:confused:

But I do hate everything! Always have and always will.

Ther important 3/4 time text was the one that said it'd be hard to win from here. That's where my true genius appeared because it was hard to win-BUT WE DID IT ANYWAY!!!!!!:D:D:D

Go_Dogs
19-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your run down DT, didn't get to see the game, so appreciate the depth you've gone into.

Seems like we're positioning ourselves very well for a real tilt this year. Of the 3 leading teams, we've arguably been challenged the most, and have for the most part held up well. Going to be a big few weeks.

Raw Toast
19-05-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks also for the report DT I'll try and write something a bit more detailed later, but just saw the Match Review Panel's statement and it's just baffling:

"Contact between Fremantle's Chris Tarrant and the Western Bulldogs' Daniel Cross from the first quarter of Sunday's match was reviewed. Tarrant did not make high contact with Cross, but the Bulldogs' player hit his head on the ground as he fell."

Cross stayed down for at least 15 seconds but Tarrant didn't hit him? I might be wrong, but it ****** looked like a hit to me.

I guess we should be glad that Eagle wasn't cited, but I agreed with others that his hit was fair.

ledge
19-05-2008, 11:25 PM
But I do hate everything! Always have and always will.

Ther important 3/4 time text was the one that said it'd be hard to win from here. That's where my true genius appeared because it was hard to win-BUT WE DID IT ANYWAY!!!!!!:D:D:D

Bet you dont hate it when we hold up the premiership cup!

LostDoggy
20-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks also for the report DT I'll try and write something a bit more detailed later, but just saw the Match Review Panel's statement and it's just baffling:

"Contact between Fremantle's Chris Tarrant and the Western Bulldogs' Daniel Cross from the first quarter of Sunday's match was reviewed. Tarrant did not make high contact with Cross, but the Bulldogs' player hit his head on the ground as he fell."

I'm just as baffled. I was baffled when Cross never got a free for it.
Stupid Cross for diving head first into the ground.
Tarrant has a poor record. He should have gone

I wish Hall punched him in the head.

ledge
20-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Hang on late news... Cross reported for striking T.Ground with a headbutt, no ealy plea straight to tribunal.

Topdog
20-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your run down DT, didn't get to see the game, so appreciate the depth you've gone into.

Thats exactly what I was going to say.

Thanks dog town.

Twodogs
20-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Bet you dont hate it when we hold up the premiership cup!

I'll find something...

The Underdog
20-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I'll find something...

Stupid sponsor's hats perhaps ;)

Twodogs
21-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Stupid sponsor's hats perhaps ;)

It's been done. The players being rude to the kids is out as well.

I'm thinking something umpire related.