PDA

View Full Version : bulldogs footy show

Cyberdoggie
21-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Anyone going to the Bulldogs Footy Show in Mulgrave this coming thursday?

I'll be there and looking forward to it.

Sockeye Salmon
21-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Anyone going to the Bulldogs Footy Show in Mulgrave this coming thursday?

I'll be there and looking forward to it.

Tomorrow or next week?

Cyberdoggie
21-05-2008, 05:00 PM
it's tomorrow night.

I've already booked for myself and my other half.

There's a section on the club's website with details,

or just ring up and book under club events i think it was.

Sockeye Salmon
21-05-2008, 05:45 PM
it's tomorrow night.

I've already booked for myself and my other half.

There's a section on the club's website with details,

or just ring up and book under club events i think it was.

Can you use your social club freebie?

Bulldog4life
21-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes my wife and I are going tomorrow night. Rodney Eade, Mathew Boyd, Jarrod Grant & John Shaw are the panelists. Should be a good night.I'm looking forward to it... I booked ages ago.

Cyberdoggie
21-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Yes my wife and I are going tomorrow night. Rodney Eade, Mathew Boyd, Jarrod Grant & John Shaw are the panelists. Should be a good night.I'm looking forward to it... I booked ages ago.

Everytime i go Boyd is there, weird.

Hopefully we can get a few good words out of the younger lads.

Yes scoots you can use your freebie.

Bulldog4life
21-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Everytime i go Boyd is there, weird.

Hopefully we can get a few good words out of the younger lads.

Yes scoots you can use your freebie.

Yes Boyddy lives in Mulgrave. Yes it is always interesting to see how the young guys handle questions from the floor.

Cyberdoggie
21-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Yes Boyddy lives in Mulgrave. Yes it is always interesting to see how the young guys handle questions from the floor.

was at a good show i think last year with boydy, crossy and bob.
There was plenty of interesting comments between the lads that night.

bornadog
21-05-2008, 07:04 PM
I would love to go but why in the hell do they have to have it way out in Mulgrave. Why not find a middle ground in the Esatern suburbs.?

GVGjr
21-05-2008, 07:16 PM
I would love to go but why in the hell do they have to have it way out in Mulgrave. Why not find a middle ground in the Esatern suburbs.?

Please.....it's 25 minutes from your place and its a very central Eastern Suburbs spot. :)

The East West Club is having their Legends and Young Guns function there on the 23rd of July and that would be well worth going to

bornadog
21-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Please.....it's 25 minutes from your place and its a very central Eastern Suburbs spot. :)

The East West Club is having their Legends and Young Guns function there on the 23rd of July and that would be well worth going to

Are you going?

GVGjr
21-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Are you going?

Couldn't organise it.

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I believe its at Williamstown RSL next week, i might go down..

How much it cost for say 2 people?

BulldogBelle
22-05-2008, 12:07 PM

How much it cost for say 2 people?

Alexxx,

Here are the prices -

Tickets are available at the below prices:

Adult Member: $30
Adult Non-Member: $35
Child Member: $20
Child Non-Member: $25

The Bulldog Footy Show (http://westernbulldogs.com.au/Corporate/Events/tabid/4260/default.aspx)

aker39
22-05-2008, 03:03 PM
^^^^^

.... and of course if you are a social club member (full member) you get to go to 1 for free.

I'll do some free marketing for the club.

Upgrade your membership to full membership (cost $110), get a better chance at a GF, and save yourself $30 when you go to a bulldog footy show.

The Underdog
22-05-2008, 03:18 PM
^^^^^

.... and of course if you are a social club member (full member) you get to go to 1 for free.

Upgrade your membership to full membership (cost $110), get a better chance at a GF, and save yourself $30 when you go to a bulldog footy show.

You could do us all a greater social service and remove Steve McBurney's ugly mug from this site

Cyberdoggie
22-05-2008, 04:44 PM
You could do us all a greater social service and remove Steve McBurney's ugly mug from this site

yeah i kinda feel like i've had a bit of vomit then swallowed it everytime i see that avatar.

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 05:31 PM

Akers on next week as well, along with John Shaw.

ledge
22-05-2008, 06:37 PM

yeah you have been told , might add him to the ugliest footballer/umpire

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 07:31 PM
^^^^^

I have an 11 game reserved seat membership, ill def be doing the full 17 next year

Not sure about this year though, whether its worth paying the $110..
The big games require 17 gamers to buy tickets in melb anyway (essendon, geelong, collingwood)..and if i buy outside of my 11 game membership i try n get level 1 @ dome - hate level 3

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 07:33 PM
I have an 11 game reserved seat membership, ill def be doing the full 17 next year

The big games require 17 gamers to buy tickets in melb anyway (essendon, geelong, collingwood)..and if i buy outside of my 11 game membership i try n get level 1 @ dome - hate level 3

It's only a couple of dollars to buy a seat for the big games, your ticket still gets you in, you just need to buy a seat.

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Ill def get it next year, might leave it for this year..

aker39
23-05-2008, 10:21 AM

When I said full member, that does not mean a 17 game member. A full member is a social club member, that can be an 11 or 17 game member.

Go_Dogs
23-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Any reports on how last night went?

Bulldog4life
23-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Any reports on how last night went?

I went last night with the better half and settled back to listen to Rocket, Mathew Boyd, Jarrod Grant and John Shaw. Unfortunately Rocket was late...then very late and then it was announced half way through that due to personal reasons he could not attend. A bit of a bummer.

* Jarrod Grant mentioned that over the next pre season he intends to build up his motor and his muscle as at the moment he hasn't the fitness or build to play at centre half forward. He said 15 Clubs had spoken to him and that Carlton was the only one that didn't. Kevin Hillier remarked "Well yes they are going so well aren't they".
Jarrod also mentioned that coming from the TAC under 18's and training twice a week to training with an AFL Club takes a lot of getting used to. Their bodies are constantly tired and they sleep a lot.

* Matthew Boyd told a funny story of when he bumped into Kerr of WC during the weekend of the Vics verse Dreamteam match. He was at the Crown to see a movie. Someone joked that Boydy was even tagging Kerr off the Field as well. Boydy said that Kerr's folks who were with him didn't seem too keen on him talking to Kerr.

* John Shaw was saying for a number of weeks he has had back problems. Said his first football team was Ashburton Under 11's. If he wasn't drafted he would most likely had played for the Zebras this year. Speaking to him afterwards he said he had disc problems...but not as bad as Big Will did...and hoped to play again in 2 to 3 weeks. He told me that all the players make the young ones feel at home and that they sort of have a buddy system....his is Jarrod Harbrow.

*Someone remarked to Boydy about his great tackle last week in the closing minutes that won the game for us. Jarrod Grant grabbed the microphone and announced that the Club has an "Inspirational Award" every week and that Boydy won it for that tackle this week.

*Boydy said Aker was on the Footy Show next week and a few people sighed.....that they missed out on Aker last night.....Boydy said " Well you're stuck with Matthew Boyd tonight...BOO HOO". It was a funny moment.

I was lucky to sit on one of the front tables and had the good fortune to chat to Owen Madigan the President of the Old Players. He played a few games for us in the 60's then on EJ's advice played at Richmond. I enjoyed the chat thoroughly and we spoke a bit about John Jillard , John Hoiles and players in that era.

Most of what else was said at the Show I'm sure you guys know but hopefully anyone else who was there can elaborate on what I've said.

Cyberdoggie
23-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I won't do the whole wrap thing as it's been done well,

it was a good night, lovely venue, hadn't been to the mcc before, (weird as i've been living around the area my whole life)

I was a little dissapointed that the night was so short.
started at 7:30 and we were out of there by 8:45pm

Previously i'm sure these nights go longer, i guess not having anyone from the coaching staff sped things up.

BulldogBelle
24-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I was a little dissapointed that the night was so short.
started at 7:30 and we were out of there by 8:45pm

The show usually starts around 6.45pm and goes till about 8.45pm. Guess with Eade being a late noshow it would have thrown the rest of the evening into disarray and they wouldn't have had time to organize a replacement 'coaching staff or board representative".

Bulldog4life
24-05-2008, 10:46 AM
The show usually starts around 6.45pm and goes till about 8.45pm. Guess with Eade being a late noshow it would have thrown the rest of the evening into disarray and they wouldn't have had time to organize a replacement 'coaching staff or board representative".

Actually Sue Alberti was there Bulldog Belle and did speak for a short time and fielded questions from the floor. Said the the Footscray Forever had raised $5 million towards the the new Elite Centre. Looking to raise another $2 million and was encouraging supporters to donate what they can....it is tax deductable and she said every dollar counts. Said it could be arranged via the Club should any member would like to see through the Centre too.

No one went down the path of asking about the Footy Show fiasco directly but she was asked about women in football in general and said that all the female directors of all Clubs get on well together. Also said a directors position should not be filled by a woman...as a type token gesture just to get a woman on a Club's Board...but providing that person is the best one available it doesn't matter what gender.

LostDoggy
26-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Just rang to try and get a ticket this week and it is sold out Just so you know

The Coon Dog
26-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Just rang to try and get a ticket this week and it is sold out Just so you know
Just booked for the following week at the Werribee Racecourse where Adam Cooney will be there along with Brennan Stack, Wayde Skipper & one of the Directors Gaye Hamilton.

LostDoggy
26-05-2008, 05:49 PM
and i believe that gilbee is there the week after