PDA

View Full Version : roos ready for a dog-fight

Cyberdoggie
21-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Found this article from the kangaroos website.

Yes it's the kangaroos website, (not nth melbourne),
as soon as they change they wardrobe and their website i'll start calling them nth.

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/tabid/4912/Default.aspx?newsid=59928

I wouldn't normally adverstise kangaroos stuff but it's in regards to our game.
Boomer's 250th as well, i personally don't rate x50 milestone games so they can try and use that as inspiration if they like.

The bottom line is they want us, we want them. I'm really looking forward to beating the roos. The last few have been embarrassing, and i'm sure the boys aren't looking past this game to the hawks. There's no point in beating hawthorn if we can't knock off the roos.

I think both teams are quite different in make up than they have been in previous encounters. Nth are a lot smaller up forward now, and we are a much more physical side.
Defensive matchups will be an issue for us, but the real story will be in the middle.
If cooney and griffen can dominate, we will win this game. They will just need the other guys help to set them loose.

1eyedog
22-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Found this article from the kangaroos website.

Yes it's the kangaroos website, (not nth melbourne),
as soon as they change they wardrobe and their website i'll start calling them nth.

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/tabid/4912/Default.aspx?newsid=59928

I wouldn't normally adverstise kangaroos stuff but it's in regards to our game.
Boomer's 250th as well, i personally don't rate x50 milestone games so they can try and use that as inspiration if they like.

The bottom line is they want us, we want them. I'm really looking forward to beating the roos. The last few have been embarrassing, and i'm sure the boys aren't looking past this game to the hawks. There's no point in beating hawthorn if we can't knock off the roos.

I think both teams are quite different in make up than they have been in previous encounters. Nth are a lot smaller up forward now, and we are a much more physical side.
Defensive matchups will be an issue for us, but the real story will be in the middle.
If cooney and griffen can dominate, we will win this game. They will just need the other guys help to set them loose.

As far as opposition teams go I never really minded North Melbourne as a kid, let's crush them this week, see them driven before us and hear the lamentations of their women.

BulldogBelle
22-05-2008, 12:01 PM
North will be feeling quietly confident about this game, lets hope they get complacent!

They have won the last few games over us, so hopefully we will reverse the trend this week and nail them. We need this win over North.

1eyedog
22-05-2008, 12:17 PM
North will be feeling quietly confident about this game, lets hope they get complacent!

They have won the last few games over us, so hopefully we will reverse the trend this week and nail them. We need this win over North.

Yep we need every win. I don't think they'll get complacent. They'll come out hard and I reckon it will be a dour contest, in truth, they need the win more than us both in terms of their ladder position and there responsibilities to Boomer. I also hope that we reverse the trend over the last couple of outings against them.

BulldogBelle
22-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Yep we need every win. I don't think they'll get complacent. They'll come out hard and I reckon it will be a dour contest, in truth, they need the win more than us both in terms of their ladder position and there responsibilities to Boomer. I also hope that we reverse the trend over the last couple of outings against them.

Yes, they will come out hard and our players will be expecting it. Their midfield is a little down at the moment so even more important we capitalize on that and exert our dominance from the first bounce.

They will want to get over the line for Harvey, so we have to play smarter and disallow that from happening. In saying all of this I am a little nervous about this game.

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Bring it on.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, they will come out hard and our players will be expecting it. Their midfield is a little down at the moment so even more important we capitalize on that and exert our dominance from the first bounce.

They will want to get over the line for Harvey, so we have to play smarter and disallow that from happening. In saying all of this I am a little nervous about this game.

Nth are not as good as last year, we have them covered in the ruck and the will feed the midfield. All in all we will win quite comfortable, shame for Boomer buts that's football.