The Coon Dog
22-05-2008, 07:09 PM
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Tim Callan
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Cameron Wight, Dale Morris
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy
F: Scott Welsh, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Daniel Giansiracusa, Josh Hill, Farren Ray, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward, Tom Williams
In: Callan, Ray, Ward
Out: -

Link (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446571&page=3)

ledge
22-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Gotta hate these Sunday games, never know who is going to be dropped , always ins but no outs!!

Scorlibo
22-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Will there be three changes? Williams --> Callan, Tiller --> Ray and Hill --> Ward?

I think that Tiller and Williams will be dropped for the smaller defenders (I hear Ray has been playing off half back) Ray and Callan because of the many North small forwards (Grant, Jones, Campbell, Thomas).

So that leaves Hill and Ward, who should get the game?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I think Tiller and Hill out.
Callan and Ray in.

I know it's Indigenous round, but sentiment means nothing, Hill is not playing as well as he was early in the season, and with Ray's form over the last month with Willy, we need to reward it.
Callan comes in and Tiller is unlucky to go out given he was good against Syndey and was despite limited time did not make any glaring errors against Freo.

We're in an envious position with regards to pressure from Willy for positions, and we need to foster that competitive spirit by rewarding those who consistently play well.
Hill has done well to overtake others early in the season, and has shown he has the talent to play for us for some time to come, however apart from his last quarter against Freo he has been lacklustre for a few weeks now.
Also Williams while he played a howler last week, and I seem to contradict my statement above here, we need his height agaisnt the Roos, but even more so against the Hawks next week, and therefore I think he needs to play.

LostDoggy
22-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Williams will be given every chance to cement a place at CHB, one would imagine, so his spot is safe for the foreseeable future.

Ward is just one little shuffle of a spot away from making the side, isn't he, if we played 23 on game day he would have made his debut six weeks ago.

Bumper Bulldogs
22-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Hill out for Ray - They will want his run and carry
Tiller out for Callan - hardness with the little fellers
Unlucky ward to miss out.

Wight & Williams to both play for the lead up to the hawks.

Mantis
22-05-2008, 09:00 PM

As with YHF I agree with these 2 changes.

With your second point do we really need both in the team vs Hawthorn. Hawthorn have played with only 2 tall forwards (Roughead & Franklin) over the past month or so after Boyle fell out of favour. I would expect Lake to get one of them and one of Williams and Wight to pick up the other. Do we play both for back-up?

P.S. I do see that Thorp has been added as a possible inclusion this week so they may add an extra tall forward.

Raw Toast
23-05-2008, 06:36 PM
As quite a few on here guessed, Callan and Ray are in with Hill and Tiller missing out - they make up the emergencies with Ward.

I'm not quite convinced but if Williams justifies his spot this week I won't be complaining.

ledge
23-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Official team change: HILL & TILLER are out. Farren Ray & Tim Callan are in.

Topdog
23-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Where did you hear this RW?

Good news for Callan if correct.

Oh Tim Callan. Good news for the Bulldogs if correct. :)

Sockeye Salmon
23-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I don't understand the point of playing both Wight and Williams.

Mantis
23-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Wight as well as playing in defence offers a bit of flexibility as he can have a run in the ruck and up forward if required, but I think as the season progresses we will only require one of these 2 in the team. For the time being we probably need both in the team as insurance as neither can be relied to do the job in defence.

Dry Rot
23-05-2008, 09:34 PM

IIRC Wight trained as a forward in the pre season - maybe he might go forward?

bornadog
24-05-2008, 12:32 AM
WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Callan, Lake, Gilbee
HB: Hargrave, Wight, Morris
C: Eagleton, Boyd, Cross
HF: Murphy, Hahn, Johnson
F: Akermanis, Minson, Welsh
FOLL: Hudson, Griffen, Cooney
I/C: Addison, Giansiracusa, Ray, Williams
EMG: Hill, Ward, Tiller
IN: Ray, Callan
OUT: Hill, Tiller

NORTH MELBOURNE
B: Gibson, Petrie, Watt
HB: Harding, Firrito, Wells
C: Riggio, Rawlings, Simpson
HF: Jones, N.Thompson, Hale
F: Grant, Harvey, Campbell
FOLL: McIntosh, Harris, Lower
I/C: Power, Thomas, Pratt, McMahon
EMG: Sinclair, Urquhart, Ross
IN: Pratt
OUT: Obst (punctured lung)

bornadog
24-05-2008, 12:33 AM

spot on

westdog54
24-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Something tells me Rocket has been hanging out for Williams to come back in so that Wight can push up the field a bit more.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Ward, Hill and Tiller are all playing for willi now

Bumper Bulldogs
24-05-2008, 08:32 PM

Isn't it fantastic to have the options we have now. Cam is a good kick and i thought he gave us something two years ago when he rucked against melbourne at the G.;)

Go_Dogs
25-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Bit unlucky for Tiller and Hill as although they were quiet last week hadn't done a lot wrong. Great to see Callan is put straight back in, as he'll be an important player today, ditto with Ray.

The Underdog
25-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Isn't it fantastic to have the options we have now. Cam is a good kick and i thought he gave us something two years ago when he rucked against melbourne at the G.;)

And was horrendous rucking late last year. I don't think using Cam as a ruckman is the go. Play him as a tall back or try him again as the lead up CHF they were trialling in the pre-season. North have also traditionally gone tall in the forward line against us, so I think he's there as the player to pick up a Hale or McIntosh or maybe they want an option in case Petrie tears us apart again:(

Bumper Bulldogs
25-05-2008, 03:04 PM
And was horrendous rucking late last year. I don't think using Cam as a ruckman is the go. Play him as a tall back or try him again as the lead up CHF they were trialling in the pre-season. North have also traditionally gone tall in the forward line against us, so I think he's there as the player to pick up a Hale or McIntosh or maybe they want an option in case Petrie tears us apart again:(

Yes good point however i was looking to life after Huddo and with the players coming through if we get some bulk on him who knows what he could be.