PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Player

1eyedog
24-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Who is your favourite player outside the Doggies? Is it possible to have one? I'm not necessarily saying the best player in the comp, just one you really like watching (you can have more than one). I think my new one is Pendlebury, I can't believe I'm saying a Collingwood player but he looks super smooth, has time, skill and looks very Hird-esque.

The Coon Dog
24-05-2008, 12:17 AM
I really like to watch Paul Chapman play. Seems difficult to tackle as he just rolls his shoulders to get free.

Also liked Mark Riccuitto. He was the bloke you would love to have leading you in the trenches.

Haveuever
24-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Cannot go past footballs next legend... Hirdy... his ability to read the game is a gift, his execution is pure skill on and of the field

Sockeye Salmon
24-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Other teams have players?

Wow.

wb_age
24-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Mine has to be Alywn Davey, simply magic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DsNnCAGUk

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Unless they play for the bulldogs I usually dont like them, but I wouldnt mind seeing Sam Power to go on and have a good career with the kangaroos.

1eyedog
24-05-2008, 10:35 AM

Wow.

:D yeah it took me until I went to a Carlton vs Richmond game to notice them actually, Rd 1 at the MCG 2007. I'm really getting into watching other teams play each other this season, just to see how they can be beat of course.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 10:39 AM
I love watching Geelong play as a team..i try and catch all of their games if im home on the weekend, they play an exciting brand of footy.

Playerwise..no-one in particular. I enjoy watching Buddy & Browny at their best, bootin plenty of goals..hopefully not against us :)

1eyedog
24-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Mine has to be Alywn Davey, simply magic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-DsNnCAGUk

How quick is he? He has got some serious wheels and vice like tackles. Already a very good player. I rate him higher than Aaron, not as silky but does the one percenters alot more.

Rocket Science
24-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Hands down: Adam Goodes

Skill, courage, versatility, leadership, the perfect hybrid of grit and class. I marvel watching that bloke ply his trade.

wimberga
24-05-2008, 01:04 PM
1EyeDog, Pendelbury is a great player but from all i have heard, not the best person off it.

Had mates that used to play Basketball with the guy, and also know some people from sale where he was from, and all reports were that he cant get enough of himself and is a tool. Cant take anything away from his game though, always looks like he has time with the ball.

Hmm outside of the Bulldogs, Quite like Sam Mitchell.

Mofra
24-05-2008, 01:06 PM
I'd like to see Shane Birss have a good career. Always liked the way he went about his football, barracked for the Saints as a kid so I hope he makes it.

hujsh
24-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Jason Porplyzia.

Rach
24-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Jason Porplyzia.
He's a pretty good young player.
I think my favourite would be Brent Harvey.

1eyedog
24-05-2008, 06:54 PM
He's a pretty good young player.
I think my favourite would be Brent Harvey.

Hoping he puts in a shocker 2moro

Bumper Bulldogs
24-05-2008, 08:15 PM
For me Robert Harvey a couple of years ago.

Now I would lean to Jonathan Brown or Luke Hodge

Bumper Bulldogs
24-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I'd like to see Shane Birss have a good career. Always liked the way he went about his football, barracked for the Saints as a kid so I hope he makes it.

Fully agree I think he was good and can be good, however injuries hurt his career.

Sockeye Salmon
24-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Haven't liked an opposition player since Gubby Allen.

LostDoggy
24-05-2008, 09:07 PM

Yep Shane Birss is my fav player outside of the doggies, along wit hthe shag Brendan Fevola.

1eyedog
24-05-2008, 10:17 PM
1EyeDog, Pendelbury is a great player but from all i have heard, not the best person off it.

Had mates that used to play Basketball with the guy, and also know some people from sale where he was from, and all reports were that he cant get enough of himself and is a tool. Cant take anything away from his game though, always looks like he has time with the ball.

Hmm outside of the Bulldogs, Quite like Sam Mitchell.

Ok I don't like Pendlebury after that, umm I'll take Patty Ryder, so easy to be fickle with the opposition

katemeehan
25-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Travis Cloke.
Outside the football field is really nice.

GetDimmaBack
25-05-2008, 10:43 AM
David Wirrapanda - his run out of the backline is fantastic to watch.
Certainly someone I wish we'd had in our side over the years.

Go_Dogs
25-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Luke Hodge - amazingly tough, skillful player, very smooth mover, excellent decision making, basically the complete package.

Shannon Hurn - Had a bit of an unlucky run with injuries this year, but someone who I have enjoyed following thus far and think he'll become a pretty good midfielder over the next few years.

Shaun Burgoyne - The most balanced player in the league with perhaps my man Griffen. Just so good at so many aspects.

The Underdog
25-05-2008, 11:09 AM
I'm becoming a fan of Marc Murphy, although his disposal needs some work. Like the way he goes about it.
Steve Johnson freaks me out sometimes with what he can do with the ball and love Ablett's balance, sometimes he just reminds me of his old man the way he moves.

1eyedog
25-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm becoming a fan of Marc Murphy, although his disposal needs some work. Like the way he goes about it.
Steve Johnson freaks me out sometimes with what he can do with the ball and love Ablett's balance, sometimes he just reminds me of his old man the way he moves.

Yep he's good but just can't bring myself around to liking him. Richo man is fun to watch, never really liked him before this season but he's going alright. He's passionate and I often laugh at him so he's entertaining.

Scorlibo
25-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Nick Dal Santo for me, good decision maker, excellent disposal skills and awesome ball handling. Scott Pendlebury is like a young Dal Santo clone IMO so he is one of my favs as well. Chapman is one of those players who can do everything, Marc Murphy's skills are a joy to watch, I developed a soft spot for Bartel last year when everyone was overlooking him for Ablett and was over the moon when he beat Ablett to the brownlow, a very deserving winner.

firstdogonthemoon
25-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Richooooooooooooooooooooo

Sockeye Salmon
25-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Nick Dal Santo for me, good decision maker, excellent disposal skills and awesome ball handling.

You're gonna love Cal Ward.

1eyedog
25-05-2008, 02:01 PM

Will he be that good? What pick was he taken at SS?

westdog54
25-05-2008, 02:12 PM

Pick 19, the pick Richmond gave us for Jordan McMahon.

Richo is far and away my favourite opposition player.

Sockeye Salmon
25-05-2008, 02:32 PM

First time I saw him I thought Nick Del Santo.

hujsh
25-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Dal Santo's another.

Used to like Rocca (of the Sav variety)

The Pie Man
01-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Nathan Brown....

Just kidding

Ricciuto was always great to watch and appears a top bloke. Same with Richo. Cam Mooney would be quality. Brett Kirk's another

James Clement was easy the most well spoken footballer I ever heard interviewed. Bit nerdy actually (like I can talk)

Someone said they hope Sam Power does well at North - yeah, good luck to him and all that, though I did have a chuckle at one point last week when he turned it over with a scrubby kick...I thought 'I couldn't be happier you're doing that stuff in another jumper this year Sam'

Max469
01-06-2008, 11:58 PM
Rob Harvey is a favourite of mine.

I love watching Gary Jr play - such class.

Scorlibo
02-06-2008, 12:30 AM

Already love him Sockeye! If he turns out like Dal that would be epic-level joy for me.:p

Twodogs
03-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Richo is amazing to just sit and watch. Does things that no other player can, or would, do.

Glenn Archer is just about my out and out favorite player ever. If my son grows up to be half the man he is then I'll be a very happy dad.

DOG GOD
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Shaun Burgoyne for me...CLASSY player, would LOVE him at the dogs.

LostDoggy
04-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Brett Kirk.

Adam Simpson. Loved Aker even in his Brisbane days. Roo.

Consummate professionals and team men, one and all.

---

ps. Also enjoy Jon Brown tremendously. Such a throwback. If he came to the Dogs, not that I think there's a high chance of that, I don't know what I would do. Can we even dare to imagine? Can you imagine? With a midfield like ours, and Browny down there in our already crazy potent forwardline? I don't even know if there would be enough records to break.

bulldogsman
04-06-2008, 11:10 PM
The Pav, the way he carries the side on his shoulders just makes the rest of the Fremantle side look stupid.

Dale Thomas annoys me the most out of anyone.

LostDoggy
04-06-2008, 11:15 PM

Don't you want to punch his head in? Arrogant little shit.
Thats goes for most Pies players though.

BulldogBelle
05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Richo and Chad Cornes definitely my favourite non Bulldog players. Love the way Richo plays and Chad has no fear.

Was reading an article on Chadwick earlier on about how he would seriously consider amputationg his finger if it shattered again ala like Daniel Chick did a few years back. Scary the lengths they would go to for their love of football.

Rocket Science
05-06-2008, 09:30 AM
Don't you want to punch his head in? (Dale Thomas) Arrogant little shit.

That koala nose makes him look like someone's had a go already. Spot on, he aggravates like few others...surprised a Scott Burns type hasn't sat him on his arse at training once or twice.

1eyedog
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
That koala nose makes him look like someone's had a go already. Spot on, he aggravates like few others...surprised a Scott Burns type hasn't sat him on his arse at training once or twice.

Indeed. Stephen Milne is another. I hope Mitch Hahn rolls over him like one of those big Texan monster trucks.

Bulldog Revolution
05-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Brett Kirk - a brilliant leader, and a very courageous and unsung footballer who always gets his hands on it when it counts.

Richo - hard not to like him, I even completely excuse his occasional tantrum - if you'd had the delivery he has had, and played for the rabble that Richmond have been over 12+ years you'd be on the edge also

McLeod - just an awesome footballer, moves like a wildcat (leopard, jaguar), glides over the ground and always seems to have time and space

LostDoggy
05-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Mickey O

Love the way this guy moves, as well as his unpredictability. He can play a blinder and a shocker- on the same day! And he's also durable.

Twodogs
05-06-2008, 04:31 PM

The first time I saw him I thought that Collingwood had accidently drafted Carmilla Parker-Bowles.

hujsh
05-06-2008, 04:55 PM

The way he celebrated a that goal vs WCE made me angry. But so does most things he does

The Pie Man
05-06-2008, 06:00 PM
The way he celebrated a that goal vs WCE made me angry. But so does most things he does

That's hilarious - if we're talking most hated, Milne is right up there. I hated Moorcroft too.

If not so lucky as to go for the Dawgs, I would have hated Jose Romero - but I happened to be a massive fan after a few seasons with us. We all clearly would've had issues with Libba too, god bless him (apart from some seriously questionable comments in media recently)

The Underdog
06-06-2008, 04:49 PM
That's hilarious - if we're talking most hated, Milne is right up there. I hated Moorcroft too.

If not so lucky as to go for the Dawgs, I would have hated Jose Romero - but I happened to be a massive fan after a few seasons with us. We all clearly would've had issues with Libba too, god bless him (apart from some seriously questionable comments in media recently)

Is there something about red heads who played for Essendon. I despised Darren Bewick and hated Moorcroft. Of course I can't stand Lloyd and he's a brunette, maybe I just hate Essendon players.

Don't know how many saw the 3rd quarter of the Cats game on Saturday night, but Gary Jr was sublime. 13 possessions and looked like a cross between his old man and Judd pre-groin. It was a pleasure to watch.

Bulldog Revolution
06-06-2008, 05:17 PM
The first time I saw him I thought that Collingwood had accidently drafted Carmilla Parker-Bowles.

Was that a compliment?

Twodogs
06-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Was that a compliment?

Not really, no.

The Pie Man
09-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Is there something about red heads who played for Essendon. I despised Darren Bewick and hated Moorcroft. Of course I can't stand Lloyd and he's a brunette, maybe I just hate Essendon players.

Don't know how many saw the 3rd quarter of the Cats game on Saturday night, but Gary Jr was sublime. 13 possessions and looked like a cross between his old man and Judd pre-groin. It was a pleasure to watch.

I didn't like Ezard either.

Judd & Gary jnr, giving up their hair for football greatness

Big Will
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
My favourite non-doggies player is Ryan O'Keefe. His ability to play as a marking and crumbing forward is arguably the best in the competition. The way he goes about his footy wins me over, he shepherds and tackles like the last picked player on the team but is most likely leading Sydney's best and fairest this year.
It's almost impossible to match up on him- great hands, sublime foot skills, and pushes up the ground. Gilbee was powerless against him rd 7.

Sockeye Salmon
09-06-2008, 03:46 PM
My favourite non-doggies player is Ryan O'Keefe. His ability to play as a marking and crumbing forward is arguably the best in the competition. The way he goes about his footy wins me over, he shepherds and tackles like the last picked player on the team but is most likely leading Sydney's best and fairest this year.
It's almost impossible to match up on him- great hands, sublime foot skills, and pushes up the ground. Gilbee was powerless against him rd 7.

Everything O'Keefe can do Robert Murphy does better. Doesn't make O'Keefe bad, just that Murphy has him covered.

The Pie Man
09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Everything O'Keefe can do Robert Murphy does better. Doesn't make O'Keefe bad, just that Murphy has him covered.

O'Keefe might have a touch more strength. Murphy everywhere else.

Just remembered another player I really like....Setanta O'Hailpin, love his passion, normally that annoys me, but I find it hilarious in a good way with him. Hope he can have a long career

hujsh
09-06-2008, 11:53 PM
O'Keefe might have a touch more strength. Murphy everywhere else.

Just remembered another player I really like....Setanta O'Hailpin, love his passion, normally that annoys me, but I find it hilarious in a good way with him. Hope he can have a long career

If hilarious gets people games than Rioli would still be playing at Essendon

The Pie Man
09-06-2008, 11:56 PM
If hilarious gets people games than Rioli would still be playing at Essendon

and James Cook with us.....he just made me laugh/cringe

See Setant jump up and down during the song after the Port win, quality. I reckon he's got a future

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 02:17 PM
That's weird. Exactly the same as B Belle -- Richo and Chad Cornes.

LostDoggy
10-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Setanta is terrible.
Only survives cos he is Carlton's list.

The Pie Man
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Setanta is terrible.
Only survives cos he is Carlton's list.

He does some terrible things footy wise, but he shows enough I reckon. You're right though, probably the only club he could have a sustained crack at it. I'd still like to see him develop

BulldogBelle
10-06-2008, 11:10 PM
That's weird. Exactly the same as B Belle -- Richo and Chad Cornes.

Yes, out of all the players to choose from we pick the same ones. :)

Drunken Bum
11-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Richo for me by so far it isnt funny, interesting to see how his popularity has grown with oposition supporters over the last few years, would have to be one of the most popular players outside of his own club i would have thought.

craigsahibee
11-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Brett Kirk - a brilliant leader, and a very courageous and unsung footballer who always gets his hands on it when it counts.

Richo - hard not to like him, I even completely excuse his occasional tantrum - if you'd had the delivery he has had, and played for the rabble that Richmond have been over 12+ years you'd be on the edge also

McLeod - just an awesome footballer, moves like a wildcat (leopard, jaguar), glides over the ground and always seems to have time and space

McLeod is the one for me. Just superb. Even when he is down, he can turn things around so quickly and inspire everyone.

The Underdog
13-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I've also got a wierd admiration for Tim Notting, even though he's really just Mitch Hahn in another jumper. Tough, uncompromising and a booming kick that could land anywhere. Maybe that explains it, the Mitch Hahn thing.

1eyedog
14-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Richo!!!!!!

The Pie Man
14-06-2008, 10:47 AM
A hypothetical, if we drafted J Brown would he be our next captain? Carlton did it with Judd or does that just show a distinct lack of culture and leadership at Carlton?

With Carlton, a bit of column A, a little bit of column B. For us, if Brown was comng next year for example (and we are just playing devils or heavens advocate here) I'd imagine not, unless Johnson decided to step aside. I was personally rapt when Johnson was made captain; as big a fan as I was of both Grant & Darce, I always thought Johnson had the passion and respect to get it done. His speach to the troops at 3 qtr time vs Fremantle a few weeks ago is testament to this (clearly I have no idea what he said, but we had that last qtr following it)

Say Johnson wasn't captain for some reason other than Brown's arrival, it would be a very interesting one. Who are we looking at next in the current group? Murphy, Hahn, Giansiracusa? Maybe even Higgins or Cooney? I'd probably go Brown, with all respect to those mentioned, they'd all do a fine job.

Does being the Western Bulldogs help entice a western Victorian lad back?

The Pie Man
14-06-2008, 10:53 AM
With Carlton, a bit of column A, a little bit of column B. For us, if Brown was comng next year for example (and we are just playing devils or heavens advocate here) I'd imagine not, unless Johnson decided to step aside. I was personally rapt when Johnson was made captain; as big a fan as I was of both Grant & Darce, I always thought Johnson had the passion and respect to get it done. His speach to the troops at 3 qtr time vs Fremantle a few weeks ago is testament to this (clearly I have no idea what he said, but we had that last qtr following it)

Say Johnson wasn't captain for some reason other than Brown's arrival, it would be a very interesting one. Who are we looking at next in the current group? Murphy, Hahn, Giansiracusa? Maybe even Higgins or Cooney? I'd probably go Brown, with all respect to those mentioned, they'd all do a fine job.

How did this end up on this thread? I was replying to 1eyedog's post on the 'Our Next Captain' thread. Weird.

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 01:07 PM
How did this end up on this thread? I was replying to 1eyedog's post on the 'Our Next Captain' thread. Weird.

Dunno but it's a good post.

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 01:11 PM

It wasnt so much that the speech but I was more impressed that, even though he was having a dirty day, he hit his first two contests of that quarter hard and wasnt ever going to lose them. First was a contested mark that he goaled from and the second was a desperate lunge to keep the ball in the forward line leading to another goal. That's what a leader does.

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Tom Hawkins and Jarrod Roughead

Sockeye Salmon
16-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Tom Hawkins and Jarrod Roughead

You're crap with names.

It's Doug Hawkins and Jordan Roughead

AndrewP6
16-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I have that strange affliction where I can't stand opposition players... until they pull on a Dogs guernsey... Aker is a great example...

Also works in reverse... I used to like Jordan McMahon and Browny...and Terry Wallet, for that matter

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 10:12 PM
I quite like Sam Lonergan from the Bombers, don't know why he stands out for me, I just like the way he plays.

Dazza
16-04-2009, 11:12 PM
I like Luke Hodge, Cambell Brown, Johnathon Brown, Max Rooke, Andrew Mcleoud.
Was huge fans of Riccuito and Voss. (Hated Buckley and Hird)

The list goes on...

LostDoggy
16-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Tom Hawkins

I saw him in the supermarket the other day. And Tom Harley camped in my parents camping park on the coast over Easter. I always seem to run into Geelong players. Damn.

lemmon
16-04-2009, 11:24 PM
I love watchin the tough, fearless guys play, was always a massive fan of Ricciuto and Archer. Currently love watchin big Johno and Campbell Brown, Joel Selwood, Luke Hodge and strangely love watchin Simon Wiggins go about it.
Another one I enjoy watching is the big Stuey Dew.

Happy Days
17-04-2009, 04:06 AM
I have that strange affliction where I can't stand opposition players... until they pull on a Dogs guernsey... Aker is a great example...

I'm generally like this, except in one particular case; Richo. Just love the bloke.

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 10:43 AM
I know its boring, but Judd is my favourite.

Pace, strength, leadership & skill.

Also, from a few interviews I've read, quite a grounded bloke who doesnt get carried away with his personal success or footy in general.

I love the way that as a midfielder he can turn a game with the amount of clearances and possesion he can accumulate in a single quarter.

Would love to have him at the dogs.

bornadog
17-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I hate opposition players and can't say I have a favourite, but I do marvel at the skill levels of Ablett and enjoyed Franklin last year (except against us)

Sockeye Salmon
17-04-2009, 02:56 PM
I know its boring, but Judd is my favourite.

Pace, strength, leadership & skill.

Also, from a few interviews I've read, quite a grounded bloke who doesnt get carried away with his personal success or footy in general.

I love the way that as a midfielder he can turn a game with the amount of clearances and possesion he can accumulate in a single quarter.

Would love to have him at the dogs.

Loved the recent story about a group of Carlton players in a cafe and Andrew Carrazzo ordered a bowl of chips. Judd told the waiter to take them back and asked Carrazzo "do you think Hawthorn or Geelong players eat chips?"

ledge
17-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Well Johnaton Brown would have to be a big one, great footballer seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is very clean on and off the field, should be remembered as a gentlemans footballer and champ.
Ross Glendenning was also one i thought had those attributes.
Glenn Jackovich, how the hell did Allan come from the same family?

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Loved the recent story about a group of Carlton players in a cafe and Andrew Carrazzo ordered a bowl of chips. Judd told the waiter to take them back and asked Carrazzo "do you think Hawthorn or Geelong players eat chips?"

Do you think Footscray players eat chips?

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Wow.

I so very much agree - don't really notice them unless IMO they are dirty mongrels! Having said that, I think I like the way Richo goes about his footy - doesn't matter how much Richmond are losing by, or what a S ** T game he is having, he never stops trying, he never hangs his head either. Gotta admire the bloke for that, and his supporters often give him grief, to say nothing of opposing sides supporters :D

ledge
17-04-2009, 04:10 PM

Corn chips from mission foods i hope if they make them.

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 04:16 PM
Corn chips from mission foods i hope if they make them.

Speaking of which, there's this packet of wholemeal chips they make up in Sydney/NSW that we can't get here.. I have no bloody idea what they're called which is killing me but I got it from a Foodworks in Eden when driving back down the coastal route after having proposed, and it was the yummiest, healthiest chips I've ever had (don't normally have chips ala Juddy, but since they were 'healthy', and I was in a celebratory mood..).

I've been looking for it ever since, but no luck. Haven't been back to Sydney since, but maybe I should find an excuse... anyone here from NSW that know what the heck I'm talking about? They're kinda shaped like corrugated zinc panels (you know, wavy like)...

Sockeye Salmon
17-04-2009, 05:28 PM

Bet Crossy doesn't.

Bet James Cook did.

The Pie Man
17-04-2009, 06:37 PM
and James Cook with us.....he just made me laugh/cringe

See Setant jump up and down during the song after the Port win, quality. I reckon he's got a future

I completely forgot I posted this...

Wow....I'm convinced I'm a jinx

LostDoggy
17-04-2009, 06:41 PM
would have to say buddy is the best to watch when he is playing another team

but when they playing the doggies my favourite is the richmond backline and there beautiful skills

1eyedog
17-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Bet Crossy doesn't.

Bet James Cook did.

Yep, bet Mitch Hahn has chips in his hamburgers too!

BornInDroopSt'54
18-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I like watching big, very bad, Barry Hall at his best (NOT his abuse of other players), Daniel Motlop and I miss Fraser Gehrig on a big turning circle or with a don't argue.

Happy Days
18-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Bet Crossy doesn't.

Bet James Cook did.

Don't be like that...Cookie paved the way for other great fat, fat men to pull on an AFL guernsey, such as Stuey Dew and Caermon Cloke :D.

LostDoggy
18-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Jonathin Brown and Rudi Mandemaker

LostDoggy
19-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Jonathin Brown and Rudi Mandemaker

Or Grenville Dietrich who played State of Origin for SA against Vic in the mid-80's :D

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 06:04 PM
You're crap with names.

It's Doug Hawkins and Jordan Roughead

That's a good one ill try not to make the mistake again

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I so very much agree - don't really notice them unless IMO they are dirty mongrels! Having said that, I think I like the way Richo goes about his footy - doesn't matter how much Richmond are losing by, or what a S ** T game he is having, he never stops trying, he never hangs his head either. Gotta admire the bloke for that, and his supporters often give him grief, to say nothing of opposing sides supporters :D

Have to disagree with that...I've seen a number of games where Richo trudges around/off the ground, looking like he's about to burst into tears...reminds me of some kids I teach...the bottom lip drops, and the floodgates open... I reckon he'll cry like a baby after his last game...

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm generally like this, except in one particular case; Richo. Just love the bloke.

Can't see what everyone sees in Richo... just strikes me as a big goofy dope... hang on, maybe that's why they like him..:)

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Funny then, that when the Bulldogs dietician started at the club, she told the players they were all being far too strict with their diets... told them that with the load they put on their bodies, they need to eat... I remember seeing in the magazine we get, the pics of players hopping into muesli bars and Big M's...and you see them after games eating chips and lollies...:D

Don't like Judd...

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Don't think that much of opposition players... perhaps that's why my Supercoach team is full of Dogs! (15 out of 22!)

I do, however, like Jonathan Brown... great forward (would like great in our colours!), real knockabout bloke who seems very down-to-earth.

azabob
11-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Funny then, that when the Bulldogs dietician started at the club, she told the players they were all being far too strict with their diets... told them that with the load they put on their bodies, they need to eat... I remember seeing in the magazine we get, the pics of players hopping into muesli bars and Big M's...and you see them after games eating chips and lollies...:D

Don't like Judd...

How come you don't like Judd?

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
[/B]

How come you don't like Judd?

Super skills, can change a game in an instant... but gets a great ride from the umps. In interviews, seems a bit of a wimpy character... I know, it's a bit silly, that's just the impression I get...

Oh, and of 15 AFL teams to go to, he chose CAAARLTON... says a lot for him... ;)

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Don't like Judd...

How could you not like Judd he is a great player to watch also very modest gotta love him

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 10:59 PM
How could you not like Judd he is a great player to watch also very modest gotta love him

Sorry can't agree...

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 11:14 PM

Me too, I don't really like any opposition players, but I love: Richo, Richo Man! Never drops his head like the big Fev, just keeps giving his all, no matter what a crap game he is having :)

LostDoggy
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Oops, seems I forgot I posted this one too :) Still, glad to see I am consistent, if forgettful:D

AndrewP6
11-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Me too, I don't really like any opposition players, but I love: Richo, Richo Man! Never drops his head like the big Fev, just keeps giving his all, no matter what a crap game he is having :)

I swear I've seen him close to tears at the end of a few games this year... then again, if I was in that team, I might be too!

LostDoggy
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I swear I've seen him close to tears at the end of a few games this year... then again, if I was in that team, I might be too!

I think you are being too harsh on Richo - being close to tears just means he wears his heart on his sleeve. Maybe I have a different view of that being a female :) And you have a point about being a Richmond player!

LostDoggy
12-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah I feel most for Richo out of any other player in the comp..

Gives 110% most of the time and just doesn't get enough support..

Didn't deserve Cooneys brownlow though ;) But defenitely a Premiership..

bornadog
12-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah I feel most for Richo out of any other player in the comp..

Gives 110% most of the time and just doesn't get enough support..

Didn't deserve Cooneys brownlow though ;) But defenitely a Premiership..

Lets not go too far there fella:p