PDA

View Full Version : Swings & roundabouts

GetDimmaBack
25-05-2008, 08:18 PM
The exact opposite of the Adelaide game!!!

LostDoggy
25-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm cut as. And to think I actually felt sorry for Harvey when Hargy knocked him out. Dammit.

LostDoggy
25-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah reminded me much like the Adelaide game..

Why do we always have to play these jerks on the way back from perth or in a milestone game, this time both :S

hujsh
25-05-2008, 10:14 PM
I hate this mob so much unexplainably

GVGjr
25-05-2008, 10:17 PM
We have had our share of successes with close wins and now we have a taste of a close loss. There is a big difference in how you feel after a game for the sake of one goal isn't there :)

Bulldog Revolution
25-05-2008, 10:36 PM
The exact opposite of the Adelaide game!!!

That sprung to my mind also - but I still would have much preferred Johno to have kicked it

GetDimmaBack
25-05-2008, 10:58 PM
That sprung to my mind also - but I still would have much preferred Johno to have kicked it

Yeah.....

Boy, footy is an emotional game, isn't it?
Johnno kicks it amd all's right with the world.
He misses, and there is so much spleen-venting out there (check other boards) that it's unbelievable.

Can't believe the unfortunate symmetry, though.
We loved it in round 1, we're bleeding buckets this week.

No doubt we'll all suffer for a few days, but nevertheless - bring on the Hawks!.

LostDoggy
25-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I agree.

If the game had finished with the ball somewhere near the middle, and the Roos 4 point winners, I'd probably be satisfied that they were the better team on the night.

But when you have a good chance to change all that after the siren blows, well.....:(

Mantis
25-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I agree.

If the game had finished with the ball somewhere near the middle, and the Roos 4 point winners, I'd probably be satisfied that they were the better team on the night.

But when you have a good chance to change all that after the siren blows, well.....:(

How can you say that when we were in front for the best part of 3 and a 1/2 qtrs, yes we didn't put them away, but they were not the better team tonight.

ledge
25-05-2008, 11:27 PM
How can you say that when we were in front for the best part of 3 and a 1/2 qtrs, yes we didn't put them away, but they were not the better team tonight.

4 points says they were the better team, sorry to dissapoint.

wimberga
26-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Thats a little one-sighted Ledge

We all know the saying that the good teams find ways to win, but The scoreboard does not always reflect the game, even at the final siren. there was only one kick in it.

Topdog
26-05-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm a little disappointed that we had the last shot of the game.

Now that we have lost we have people blaming Johnson and Wight when in reality we were poor for long long periods of time. We seemed to have no run at times and constantly got stuck in the back pocket with no where to go. Players jogging (and thats probably being generous) to provide "leads".

Against a better side we would have lost by 30-40 points today.

For the entire game we basically had 2 5-10 minute spurts of football and almost came away with the win.

ledge
26-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Thats a little one-sighted Ledge

We all know the saying that the good teams find ways to win, but The scoreboard does not always reflect the game, even at the final siren. there was only one kick in it.

Well personaly i think it does in this instance, both sides played well at times, it was a good game and as people are pointing out how bad we played and how bad certain players were, (just read all the threads) and how we missed shots we should have made, well we didnt deserve to win it, so in effect the scoreboard was probably right.
Nth deserve credit for persistance just as we have done in all of our games this year.
Yes we lost it, but Nth still had to capitalize on our mistakes and they did it better than we did to them.

1eyedog
26-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I'm a little disappointed that we had the last shot of the game.

Now that we have lost we have people blaming Johnson and Wight when in reality we were poor for long long periods of time. We seemed to have no run at times and constantly got stuck in the back pocket with no where to go. Players jogging (and thats probably being generous) to provide "leads".

Against a better side we would have lost by 30-40 points today.

For the entire game we basically had 2 5-10 minute spurts of football and almost came away with the win.

I agree, although Wight lost confidence when he made one blunder at the start of the thrird. I feel really sorry for Johnno that it came down to the last kick, can you imagine how he is feeling? Sure he should of dished off to Aker in the goal square earlier but the guy bleeds for us, how many times has he won the game for us? Remember round 1 for instance? He will be feeling absolutely crap this week and he will be told he needs to come back to being more team orientated again. All the guy wants is for the Bulldogs to win a Premiership and he has so much weight on his shoulders (Especially 2006 and 2007 where he had stellar years) that he feels he needs to do everything (especially with West out). He doesn't now as we have young guns in the team and he just needs to share the load a little.