PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Gilbee's 2008

wimberga
29-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Obviously gilbs is way down on form. Had a great game against Melbourne earlier in the year, but basically hasnt been the same since. Even seeing him take marks well within kicking range and then passing off! Most likely this is a confidence thing,but possibly there is some minor injury/s playing there part aswell, its anyones guess.

The question is, what do we do with Gilbee? Can we afford to keep playing him in bad form and wait for it to return, or do we drop him and promote someone like Stack who has been performing pretty well off halback at Werribee?

Thoughts?

Sockeye Salmon
29-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Obviously gilbs is way down on form. Had a great game against Melbourne earlier in the year, but basically hasnt been the same since. Even seeing him take marks well within kicking range and then passing off! Most likely this is a confidence thing,but possibly there is some minor injury/s playing there part aswell, its anyones guess.

The question is, what do we do with Gilbee? Can we afford to keep playing him in bad form and wait for it to return, or do we drop him and promote someone like Stack who has been performing pretty well off halback at Werribee?

Thoughts?

Gilbee's worst game is still better than anything Stack could bring in.

Perhaps Gilbee could move to a wing/midfield or HFF and Griff could go back.

LostDoggy
29-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Gilbee was obviously been tagged last week, and I'd imagine he'll be tagged most games because of his potential rebounding damage. His team mates should help him out by making life tough for his tagger, whether it be providing a block so gilbee can get a cheap handball-receive from a free kick, to making it a team rule that each player must bump the tagger at least once.

Scorlibo
29-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Hawthorn will be too arrogant to put a tagger on him, he's set to have a massive game.;)

dog town
30-05-2008, 06:45 PM
It would be stupidity to drop Gilbee. He is still contributing even though he has been down. The biggest reason not to drop him is that he gets tagged (see Lower last week) and thats just one other player that wont get that attention.

1eyedog
30-05-2008, 07:01 PM

Thoughts?

Totally outlandish:eek:, I wasn't going to comment, but this thread has been hanging around for a while and thought I would interject with my 2c. Why don't we drop Johnson, Gilbee, Hargrave, Gia, Welsh, Minson, Lake and Eagleton who all haven't played to their full potential over the past month and promote 8 Willi Players while we're talking crazy. Gilbee will come good and as someone above said, half fit Gilbee is better than anyone else I can think of.

LostDoggy
30-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Though Gilbee has been playing sub-par this year, I think that his form still warrants his selection. IMO now that Wight has been replaced in the side for this week, there are no players on the team that are not doing enough to deserve their spot on te team.

Bumper Bulldogs
30-05-2008, 07:54 PM
It would be stupidity to drop Gilbee. He is still contributing even though he has been down. The biggest reason not to drop him is that he gets tagged (see Lower last week) and thats just one other player that wont get that attention.

Agree we cant drop Gilbee. I would like to see him tag another player in the back line as it would give them something to think about and potentially free one of ours up on the rebound

hujsh
30-05-2008, 08:02 PM
But would dropping Gilbee and letting him get mote ball at Willy be beneficial to our team in the long run/SEPTEMBER