In Ward and ?

hujsh
31-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Ins could be
Wight, Stack, Hill, O'Keefe, Ward.

Wight would come in if they have the tall timber

LostDoggy
31-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Probably a good time to bring Ward in next week.

Only out would be Murphy with possible suspension.

All the other fringe players deserve to get another game (eg. Tiller).

hujsh
31-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Probably a good time to bring Ward in next week.

Only out would be Murphy with possible suspension.

All the other fringe players deserve to get another game (eg. Tiller).

Callan did a hammy

Scorlibo
31-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Callan ---> Wight/Ward depending on how many talls they play.

Murphy (if suspended) ---> Hill possibly.

becmatty
31-05-2008, 08:12 PM
West in for Callan

Side will be (bloody strong):

B: Morris Lake Hargreave
HB: Gilbee Williams Griffen
C: Eagleton West Boyd
HF: Johnson Hahn Murphy
F: Akermanis Welsh Giansiracusa
Foll: Hudson Cross Cooney
Int: Ray Minson Addison Tiller
Emerg: Hill Ward Street

LostDoggy
31-05-2008, 08:25 PM
Wight is not the answer.
Hill and Ward for me.

Crizza
31-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Westy isn't ready is he?

Ward for Callan hopefully that is it; hoping Murphy will be ok to play; if not Hill

Everyone else did their job, less changes the better to a winning formula.

Not sure Wight walks back into a side that played so well.

bold-dogg
31-05-2008, 09:26 PM
With Williams in, and if Murphy's out, we might try the pre-season set-up of Wight at CHF.
That said, Harbrow for me.

Scorlibo
31-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Callan ---> Wight/Ward depending on how many talls they play.

Murphy (if suspended) ---> Hill possibly.

LostDoggy
01-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Too bad Skipper is injured :/

He woulda come right in if Murph gets suspended..

I think Wight & Ward in for Callan & Murphy

LostDoggy
01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
If everitt is ready, in for callan, if not then put in ward.
and westy or hill for murph

LostDoggy
01-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Everitt wasn't ready last week and they didn't play this week. Doubt we need more talls at the moment

LostDoggy
01-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Everitt wasn't ready last week and they didn't play this week. Doubt we need more talls at the moment

I agree, watched him last weekend and wasn't even close to selection.
I might go with Hill or Harbrow...and Ward.

bulldog
01-06-2008, 09:16 PM
callan is a chance as hammy is not as bad as first thought if murph misses callan ward must play if there are two changes how bout okeefe /or hill cause he did change the game for us in round 3 against the saints

wimberga
01-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I believed Scott West was in contention to come back this week?

Bulldog Revolution
02-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Papers on the weekend suggested West was likely to be out for another 4 weeks and that the injury was worse than first thought

DOG GOD
02-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Ward would SURELY come in for callan.

Hill for murphy (if suspended)

Go_Dogs
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Ward and Stack as the 2 ins if we lose both Callan and Murphy. It's going to be a tough game, but if we go for pace, we'll completely run the Saints off their feet.

Harbrow and Hill will also come into consideration.

Any news on Hudson's injury? I know he came back on but the ankle is one that could flare up, especially after continuing to play after a jab.

dog town
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
If Murphy is out then Wight should come in and play that leading role. Good test for him and Tiller if Murphy is suspended.

Ozza
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Ward would SURELY come in for callan.

Hill for murphy (if suspended)

Why would Ward SURELY have to come in?

I read a lot of talk about playing Ward - but why? I think in the position we're in there are a few that are ahead of him - established players that is - and I don't understand the rush to play a first gamer yet. Perhaps this is just the pervasive mindset of bringing all young players through because we haven't started season like this before (?) We've lost one game (by 3 points) for the whole season.

Hill, Harbrow, Wight, Everitt should all be next in line. Street is also a possibility dependant on match ups.

T.Callan's role would have been to match up on Milne - either Addsion or Hargrave will get him now. I liked Hargrave's game against Farmer - so wouldn't be surprised if he's in that role again.

The interesting part now becomes - Are we too tall down back for the Saints fwd's!!!
Morris is obliged to get Riewoldt again given his job last time. Williams is a good match up for Kosi - but then there's Lake....and Tiller and Hargrave as talls.

Will be an interesting week for selection.

Ozza
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Hard to believe indeed - but looking at it ( I may be slightly off on some heights - just going off memory)

Lake 193cm
Williams 196cm
Morris 191cm
Hargarave 189cm
Wight 200cm
Tiller 191cm

Before Round 3 we were looking at McDouggal and Skipper as options for down back....how things change in footy!!

LostDoggy
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM

I read a lot of talk about playing Ward - but why? I think in the position we're in there are a few that are ahead of him - established players that is - and I don't understand the rush to play a first gamer yet. Perhaps this is just the pervasive mindset of bringing all young players through because we haven't started season like this before (?) We've lost one game (by 3 points) for the whole season.

Hill, Harbrow, Wight, Everitt should all be next in line. Street is also a possibility dependant on match ups.

Thats incorrect.
Ward on performances is ahead or on par with all of those.
Since we are losing a small or 2 you can count out Street almost. The guy would have played already had we not have had some tough matches for him to debut.

Sockeye Salmon
02-06-2008, 02:34 PM

T.Callan's role would have been to match up on Milne - either Addsion or Hargrave will get him now. I liked Hargrave's game against Farmer - so wouldn't be surprised if he's in that role again.

The interesting part now becomes - Are we too tall down back for the Saints fwd's!!!
Morris is obliged to get Riewoldt again given his job last time. Williams is a good match up for Kosi - but then there's Lake....and Tiller and Hargrave as talls.

Will be an interesting week for selection.

Ward has been in better form than any of those guys. I thoroughly expect him to play.

St. Kilda also have Ferguson as well.

Lake > Kossie
Williams > Reiwoldt
Morris > Ferguson
Hargrave > Milne

We could play Lake on Ferguson and let him zone off to attack and/or help out the others.

hujsh
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Would Williams be able to run with Riewoldt. Would he have the endurance?

DOG GOD
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=Ozza;40698]Why would Ward SURELY have to come in? QUOTE]

Umm maybe coz he has been named in the best for Willy for the last 4-5 games and has been an emergency for the dogs for about the last 4 games.

I havent seen harbrow or everitt in the best players for Willy.

Ward DESERVES his chance. He cant do much more than what he has done that's for sure.

DOG GOD
02-06-2008, 04:20 PM

Umm maybe coz he has been named in the best for Willy for the last 4-5 games and has been an emergency for the dogs for about the last 4 games.

I havent seen harbrow or everitt in the best players for Willy.

Ward DESERVES his chance. He cant do much more than what he has done that's for sure.

DOG GOD
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Oops!!

Sockeye Salmon
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Would Williams be able to run with Riewoldt. Would he have the endurance?

That's the whole point of trying to push Williams up. His speed and endurance is elite.

Combined with his size he would be able to match up on just about anyone.

dog town
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Morris did the job on Riewoldt last time so I would be comfortable to go with him again. You do just get the feeling that Eade will probably go with Williams though. I worry that he might be a bit clever if he plays out of the square but its worth geting some more experience into him. Morris is always available if we need him.

The Coon Dog
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
OK, with Murph getting a week courtesy of the MRP (subject to challenge if it eventuates) & Callan with a hammy, I'd be inclined to bring in Callan Ward & Josh Hill, tho I wouldn't too upset to see Cam Wight play up forward.

LostDoggy
02-06-2008, 07:34 PM
tho I wouldn't too upset to see Cam Wight play up forward.

Hmm. I would. Agree completely with the rest of your post though. Cam is a great depth player, but his propensity to turn the ball over wouldn't be so bad if we didn't already have a few other blokes like that. I say bring in the elite-type ball users first (as our game style depends on it in any case) and get games into them and keep Cam as a handy back-up if some more of our harder types go down.

It's not as if Ward is soft at the ball either.

--

ps. I know Cam was trialled as a half-foward in the pre-season, but while I was all for the experiment, I think he's shown that he can't quite get quality ball into the forward-50 after winning it further up the ground, and our game plan depends to a certain extent on good delivery into our forwardline and the occassional bomb to Will.

LostDoggy
02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I just felt Cam looked reasonable up forward in some of the pre season games I saw.

(whoops was editing my post)

ps. I know Cam was trialled as a half-foward in the pre-season, but while I was all for the experiment, I think he's shown that he can't quite get quality ball into the forward-50 after winning it further up the ground, and our game plan depends to a certain extent on good delivery into our forwardline and the occassional bomb to Will.

LostDoggy
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I was also encouraged by some of his performances in the pre-season, but I think we have better options now, to the credit of the playing group and coaching staff as a whole. No discredit to Cam at all.

BulldogBelle
02-06-2008, 09:41 PM
I would like Ward to get a go to see if he's up to senior level for later in the year. Everitt would be a better replacement for Callan though if he's ready?

The Pie Man
02-06-2008, 10:14 PM
OK, with Murph getting a week courtesy of the MRP (subject to challenge if it eventuates) & Callan with a hammy, I'd be inclined to bring in Callan Ward & Josh Hill, tho I wouldn't too upset to see Cam Wight play up forward.

Agreed - on form at Willy, Ward & Hill were the better listed players, and Hill can roam the forward 50 very well, while Cam could actually play the role earmarked for him pre-season if given the opportunity.

You wonder if they'll fast track Everett.....they did Tom Williams and it worked (a week later)

The Bulldogs Bite
02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Murphy out requires a forward - Harbrow's been in good form and looks a hell of a lot better than he did in his first two or three games. He's been stringing together some impressive performances for a few weeks, personally think he should be given the nod before Hill who's only had a week or two in the VFL.

Callan for Ward, as most have said. Ward's really deserved this, he's been just about Willy's best player over the course of the season.

The Bulldogs Bite
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Agreed - on form at Willy, Ward & Hill were the better listed players, and Hill can roam the forward 50 very well, while Cam could actually play the role earmarked for him pre-season if given the opportunity.

You wonder if they'll fast track Everett.....they did Tom Williams and it worked (a week later)

IMHO, Hill needs at least two more weeks in the VFL. He needs to string four games of good footy together before he's given a recall. Other players have been working harder & longer, and they deserve to be picked first on that alone, if not for form. Harbrow has been better than Hill in the forward line and with Murph out, he's my pick.

In relation to Everitt, I don't think so - mainly because he's still got plenty of time to develop. When he plays a couple of really solid games, then they'll bring him in, but at the moment there's been better performing players. Williams was brought back too early, although it worked as you said, but it's a different situation. Williams badly needs exposure because he's struggled to get out on the park. He's physically developed, the only way he'll improve is by playing. Everitt's in a different situation, and both learning the game and physically developing still, but I'm sure they'll be keen to get a few games into him soon.

The Pie Man
02-06-2008, 10:47 PM
IMHO, Hill needs at least two more weeks in the VFL. He needs to string four games of good footy together before he's given a recall. Other players have been working harder & longer, and they deserve to be picked first on that alone, if not for form. Harbrow has been better than Hill in the forward line and with Murph out, he's my pick.

In relation to Everitt, I don't think so - mainly because he's still got plenty of time to develop. When he plays a couple of really solid games, then they'll bring him in, but at the moment there's been better performing players. Williams was brought back too early, although it worked as you said, but it's a different situation. Williams badly needs exposure because he's struggled to get out on the park. He's physically developed, the only way he'll improve is by playing. Everitt's in a different situation, and both learning the game and physically developing still, but I'm sure they'll be keen to get a few games into him soon.

Good points - just thinking out loud with the Everett thing, and I like Jaz Harbrow.

Addison to start on the ground this week, on Milne?

hujsh
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I think Williams was rushed for the Franklin job.

There is no need with Everitt to rush him back

Mantis
02-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Addison to start on the ground this week, on Milne?

As with SS would hope that Hargrave goes to Milne. Addison might pick up Schneider.

bornadog
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
In Harbrow and Hill

ledge
03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
One from left field or is it? Stack for Callan.....Hill for Muphy, no one seems to have mentioned Stack but i saw him in a game a few weeks ago, very athletic and seems to read the ball ok, would he be good against a tall forward. Just a thought.

bornadog
03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
One from left field or is it? Stack for Callan.....Hill for Muphy, no one seems to have mentioned Stack but i saw him in a game a few weeks ago, very athletic and seems to read the ball ok, would he be good against a tall forward. Just a thought.

I rate Stack, he is improving with every game. His defensive skills are being honed in the backline.

Go_Dogs
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM

I nominated Stack and Ward as the replacements I would like to see. Good opportunity to play them both in their first game, and provide some fresh legs and zip which will be useful against a pretty slow and flat footed Saints side.

Desipura
03-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Although not warranted, Everitt comes in for mine as he is a good reader of the play and could play a similar role to Murphy in the forward line. Ward comes in for Callan

mjp
04-06-2008, 01:26 AM
I have a bye this week. If Ward is playing, I may have to fly back to Melbourne...the word divorce is really a throwaway line in my opinion.

western cookie
04-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Nows the time to give Ward his chance and i would go with Hill or Harbrow for the second spot and run the saints off their legs.

Bulldog Revolution
04-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I have a bye this week. If Ward is playing, I may have to fly back to Melbourne...the word divorce is really a throwaway line in my opinion.

Its just a hollow threat - I think they'll bring in Ward

The Underdog
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
My call would be Ward and Harbrow in for Murph and Callan.
Like to see Tiller given a shot at Murph's lead up CHF role for a week.

LostDoggy
04-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Hey, its an exam school week for students.
Callan Ward didn't train today, if he doesn't play it will be because of this.

Scorlibo
04-06-2008, 07:51 PM

Teachers have no empathy these days.:mad:

bulldogsman
04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Although not warranted, Everitt comes in for mine as he is a good reader of the play and could play a similar role to Murphy in the forward line. Ward comes in for Callan

Agree with this but will Everitt go forward? Probably not.

hujsh
04-06-2008, 10:50 PM

Maybe he doesn't. I thought i heard something about him taking more time to do his VCE.

LostDoggy
04-06-2008, 11:35 PM
In: Ward, Everitt
Out: Callan, Murphy

Everitt is in the same boat as Williams was. Maybe not demanding of a spot in the VFL but an AFL player none the less. Sort of like Ellis from the Hawks, Bird from Sydney and Hawkins from the Cats. These guys you just have to keep giving games. We know Everitt will be a player and so do the coaches. Bring him I say.

NoseBleed
05-06-2008, 12:26 AM
In Hill and Stack.

Hill is the strong running and marking replacement for Murph, and Stack has been pushing for weeks...

BulldogBelle
05-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Hill is the strong running and marking replacement for Murph, and Stack has been pushing for weeks...

Not sure about Stack but Hill would be a good 'in' he played extremely well against the Saints when we played them in Round 3.

Desipura
05-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Agree with this but will Everitt go forward? Probably not.

Just one out of left field with Everitt playing forward. His reading of the play means he is capable of playing a Murphy type role IMHO

The Pie Man
05-06-2008, 10:25 PM

Julian De Stopp on Fox Sports said Everett would come in with Ward, now I have no idea if he's correct or not, as Andrejs was named on the bench and it's clear Callan is making his debut being named on the wing (well earned Callan, good luck) though since I've have had a few beers I thought I'd risk my reputation with you all and gloat a little about my think out loud preditction.....ok not the most popular of things to do.

Mannn will it be funny if Everett doesn't come in after this post...I did have a funny feeling though.

Bumper Bulldogs
05-06-2008, 10:41 PM
For mine Ward in 100% they will want to give him a go and the saints wont be to hard on his body!!!!!
the next in IMO should be Okeefe or Stack, blood them now and keep them keen, Hill back next week with the hunger he started the year off with.

Mantis
05-06-2008, 10:58 PM
For mine Ward in 100% they will want to give him a go and the saints wont be to hard on his body!!!!!
the next in IMO should be Okeefe or Stack, blood them now and keep them keen, Hill back next week with the hunger he started the year off with.

Who wont be hard on his body??

aker39
05-06-2008, 11:05 PM
Good to see Steven Baker's not back for the Saints.

Sockeye Salmon
06-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Julian De Stopp on Fox Sports said Everett would come in with Ward, now I have no idea if he's correct or not, as Andrejs was named on the bench and it's clear Callan is making his debut being named on the wing (well earned Callan, good luck) though since I've have had a few beers I thought I'd risk my reputation with you all and gloat a little about my think out loud preditction.....ok not the most popular of things to do.

Mannn will it be funny if Everett doesn't come in after this post...I did have a funny feeling though.

Everitt will play.

G-Mo77
06-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Everitt is playing SUnday

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Dylan Addison
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Callan Ward, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Daniel Giansiracusa
F: Scott Welsh, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
Int: Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt, Farren Ray, Stephen Tiller
Emg: Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Peter Street

In: Everitt, Ward
Out: Callan (injured) Murphy (suspended)

New: Callan Ward (Western Jets)

LostDoggy
06-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Glad to see Everitt back :D

Hope he fits into the backline well..

LostDoggy
06-06-2008, 11:22 PM
I am really looking forward to this game now, especially with Ward making his debut and Everitt playing his first for the year. Its going to be a great day.

alwaysadog
07-06-2008, 02:18 AM
Everetts inclusion is interesting to say the least. His form at Willy has only been ordinary but there's no doubt he was an excitement machine late last year.

As I can't think of a specific role he has been ear marked for against the Saints I assume Rocket wants all his top talent up and firing for the finals. Which make me think he wants to be there more than to just make up the numbers.

The Underdog
07-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Everetts inclusion is interesting to say the least. His form at Willy has only been ordinary but there's no doubt he was an excitement machine late last year.

As I can't think of a specific role he has been ear marked for against the Saints I assume Rocket wants all his top talent up and firing for the finals. Which make me think he wants to be there more than to just make up the numbers.

They brought Williams in before he was ready in what was obviously an attempt to get him up to scratch by the Hawks game. He was terrible for 2 weeks but did pretty well on Franklin. Perhaps they are doing the same thing with Andrejs. Figuring he can work his way into form in the ones. We all have seen that he can cut it at this level so it's not that big a risk.

The Pie Man
09-06-2008, 08:47 AM
We all know that Everett is rated in the best 22, and with his size and mobility, he's pretty important actually. I wasn't surprised to see him rushed back, purely from a best 22 perspective (he played ok too) Doesn't bode well for Cam Wight.

Josh Hill again BOG for Willy, West & Higgins yet to return. Harbrow as well. Street in good form should something happen to Hudson/Wilbur. Can we finally say the word 'depth'?

Go_Dogs
09-06-2008, 11:26 AM
We all know that Everett is rated in the best 22, and with his size and mobility, he's pretty important actually. I wasn't surprised to see him rushed back, purely from a best 22 perspective (he played ok too) Doesn't bode well for Cam Wight.

Everitt was ok yesterday without being great. Is it just me, or did he look a few inches taller? Either way, I agree with you that he is definitely in the best 22. His composure and ball use is normally first class and he reads the ball very well...just not sure that it automatically spells the end for Wight.

Everitt seems best suited to a defensive role, and I think Wight really needs to make a genuine crack at being a forward for the remainder of the year. He's been trialled as a defender and done ok, if we're honest he's had limited success whilst still showing enough to stay on the list. If he can make a good fist of going forward, could become important come later in the year.

hujsh
09-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Everitt was ok yesterday without being great. Is it just me, or did he look a few inches taller? Either way, I agree with you that he is definitely in the best 22. His composure and ball use is normally first class and he reads the ball very well...just not sure that it automatically spells the end for Wight.

Grew about 3 cm on last year didn't he

Sockeye Salmon
09-06-2008, 04:04 PM

I don't know about taller, but he looked about 10kgs heavier.

GVGjr
09-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Grew about 3 cm on last year didn't he

I was told that he grew 2cm's but he denied that at a function that I went to.

The Pie Man
09-06-2008, 09:02 PM

Everitt seems best suited to a defensive role, and I think Wight really needs to make a genuine crack at being a forward for the remainder of the year. He's been trialled as a defender and done ok, if we're honest he's had limited success whilst still showing enough to stay on the list. If he can make a good fist of going forward, could become important come later in the year.

Agreed, and if he can have some joy there, he as a mobile tall will be most welcome in the forward line. I'd suggest only injuries in the back 6 would see him played in a defensive roll again (could be wrong)