PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Report - Are we worried?

bornadog
31-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I thought it was an old fashion shirt front, not much it in. Hope he gets a reprimand, but something tells me its going to be a week with early plee.

ledge
31-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah i watched it a few times , kept elbow down and didnt leave ground, a year ago wouldnt have been a report but who knows, another reason for AFL to try and stop us.

aker39
31-05-2008, 08:28 PM
His problem is his gone past the ball.

As Ledge said, a couple of years ago it was just a free kick, this year, who knows.

LostDoggy
31-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Gone. 1 week max hopefully.

aker39
31-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I would have thought that he would have a 5 year clean record. so gets discount for that and guilty plea, he may get away with a reprimand.

LostDoggy
31-05-2008, 08:54 PM
personally I do not thin that there was much in it, should be just a reprimand IMO, but knowing the tribunal he will probobly get suspended, which is a shame.

Topdog
01-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Nothing in it but id the Port guy got weeks than Murphy will get 2 and maybe be reduced to 1 for a guilty plea.

The Pie Man
01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
The blood nose and Ellis heading off the ground hurts from an impact perspective, which seems to influence the AFL's penalties in these situations. He's in trouble, but he shouldn't be. Burgoyne getting 3 weeks was a joke, I was right with Mark Williams' ranting on the issue (he cracks me up)

Ellis actually contributed to the blow by turning at the last second to face the ball & Murph, if he continued in his original direction it would've been a standard hip & shoulder. I'm hoping the tribunal realises that and considers leniency.

mjp
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Ran past the ball, hit him in the head, other player left field under blood rule....

They will class it as in play and intentional.

Gone. 3 weeks. 2 for his good record. Maybe this will change to 2 and 1, but I need to look at the points.

The Pie Man
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Ran past the ball, hit him in the head, other player left field under blood rule....

They will class it as in play and intentional.

Gone. 3 weeks. 2 for his good record. Maybe this will change to 2 and 1, but I need to look at the points.

Hate to say it, but I think that's what we're looking at. Murph's good record will hopefully see the 2 to 1 option instead of 3 to 2.

LostDoggy
01-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah i think he'll go for 3 but with early guilty plea and good record..1, 2 at most

LostDoggy
01-06-2008, 12:52 PM
The Burton and Waters incidents from this weekend are worse. Might be more lenient on us.

Sockeye Salmon
01-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I watched the Sunday Footy Show where they spent a bit of time discussing the three incidents.

Their concensus was:

Burton - in real trouble and will go for plenty
Waters - might have a defense in that it wasn't front on and he didn't really deviate from his line at the ball but after the Burgoyne one he will most likely miss a couple.

Murphy - almost all said he'll get off. Ellis was upright rather than had his head over the ball which was the whole purpose of the rule in the first place.

There is no rule that says you have to play the ball. It is perfectly legal to shephard - it's even legal to run past the ball to shephard.

Murphy hardly lined him up from 10 metres away, he took about 1 step towards him.

Ellis contributed to the high contact by buckling at the knees just before impact.

High contact - free kick.

GVGjr
01-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I thought it was an old fashion shirt front, not much it in. Hope he gets a reprimand, but something tells me its going to be a week with early plee.

I tend to agree but it won't be an easy one to argue around. His record should speak volumes for him.

Go_Dogs
01-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I think he should get off. The conduct was not reckless, it was accidental (as far as hitting him high).

Who knows what the tribunal will do.

The Pie Man
01-06-2008, 06:02 PM
He's certainly a ball player, and as you guys have said, Ellis was hardly lined up Mark Yeats/Brereton style & I think Ellis was partly at fault by fronting him at the last second.

On a completely different topic, for anyone a fan of 90's alternative music (which Murph certainly is) does anyone think Bob looks like Stone Temple Pilots & Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland?

FrediKanoute
01-06-2008, 08:55 PM
We should be worried for the state of the game when a hit like that a) get reported and b) there is a distinct possibility that the player will get suspended. In all honesty was it a malicious hit designed to take out a player who was completely unaware? It was a bump a good solid bump. Maybe it was a little high, but there was no elbow, no forearm. We should be f*cking concerned if this is the state of play that the AFL want!

Rach
01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I didn't think there was too much in it. But I didn't think that there was much in Burgoyne's bump 2 weeks ago either. Who knows with the AFL. Hope Murph gets off, his record is good.

ledge
01-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Murph will get a slap on the wrist because the opposition player wasnt well after the incident, but if you watch it the ball bounced wierd anyway and a collision was going to happen as both were heading for the ball originally. Its just Murph knew it was coming and protected himself quicker.

ledge
01-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Can I please have the English translation of this? I bet when you sober up & read it back, you'll wonder what the bloody hell you were trying to say! :D

Fixed i hope, never get kids to type things while your busy. Lesson learned

Sedat
02-06-2008, 01:51 AM
He will either get a reprimand with an early plea or he will get a week. Looked like a 1 week incident (or close to) live at the game.

westdog54
02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Spoke to a mate at work, who hates the bulldogs with a passion.

Said if Murphy goes for that, he'll give up watching footy for the year. Front on bump, classic textbook shirtfront.

The high contact (clearly accidental) might earn him a week which will drop to a reprimand with a good record and early plea.

bornadog
02-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Has been offered 1 week with early plee.

ledge
02-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Has he taken it ?

bornadog
02-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Has he taken it ?

Not yet, it has just been announced. They have called it a level 2.

What a bloody joke, Murphy was right, it does remind me of netball.

DOG GOD
02-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Has been offered 1 week with early plee.

absolute joke.

so does burton get 3-4 and waters 5-6? wait and see.

G-Mo77
02-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Burton and Waters each got 2 weeks. :rolleyes: