PDA

View Full Version : Willi win again

Sockeye Salmon
07-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Williamstown 17-13-115
Bullants 10-9-69

Goals: Little 5, Rose 3, Stretton 3, Picken 2, Lynch, O'Keefe, Reid, Galea

3XX had Street, Hill, Stack and Harbrow as some of the better players along with Stretton (BOG) and Little

hujsh
07-06-2008, 05:41 PM
IOf you want to hear the wrap-up go to www.3ser.org.au

GVGjr
07-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Williamstown 17-13-115
Bullants 10-9-69

Goals: Little 5, Rose 3, Stretton 3, Picken 2, Lynch, O'Keefe, Reid, Galea

3XX had Street, Hill, Stack and Harbrow as some of the better players along with Stretton (BOG) and Little

Honestly that 3xx crew are pretty poor at calling the game. I don't know how many times they called the wrong player.

White, Mulligan, O'Shea and Boumann all played in the reserves.

McDougall, Reid, Street, Lynch, Wood, Harbrow, Hill, Stack, O'Keefe and Wight all played in the firsts. Grant did not play.

The Bullants supporters were less than impressed with their team.

The Coon Dog
07-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Williamstown Scores/Best (http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-118-0-67835-0&a=ROUND)

Seniors:

10.9-69 Northern Bullants
def. by
17.13-115 Williamstown

Northern Bullants
Goal Kickers: J. Edwards 3, D. Boundy 2, D. Pfeiffer 2, J. Saddington, A. Hartlett, A. O''hAilpin
Best Players: D. Pfeiffer, A. Iacobucci, A. Joseph, M. Austin, J. Vansittart, L. Blackwell

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: M. Little 5, P. Rose 3, D. Stretton 3, L. Picken 2, D. Galea, M. Lynch, G. O''Keefe, S. Reid
Best Players: J. Hill, B. Stack, L. Picken, D. Stretton, B. Jolley, S. Greene

Reserves:

8.4-52 Northern Bullants
def. by
15.17-107 Williamstown

Northern Bullants
Goal Kickers: G. Robertson 4, S. Smith 3, B. Davies
Best Players: C. Taylor, B. Davies, J. Williams, L. Morgan, M. Dennis, G. Robertson

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: A. Chiu 3, C. Urch 2, T. Langlands 2, M. Miller 2, P. O''Shea 2, M. Boyd, B. Dickson, N. Lyons, J. Mulligan
Best Players: A. Chiu, H. White, N. Lyons, T. Langlands, L. Cartelli, C. Urch

hujsh
07-06-2008, 07:24 PM
[

Reserves:

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: A. Chiu 3, C. Urch 2, T. Langlands 2, M. Miller 2, P. O''Shea 2, M. Boyd, B. Dickson, N. Lyons, J. Mulligan

OMG! ;)

Twodogs
07-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Williamstown Scores/Best (http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-118-0-67835-0&a=ROUND)

Seniors:

10.9-69 Northern Bullants
def. by
17.13-115 Williamstown

Northern Bullants
Goal Kickers: J. Edwards 3, D. Boundy 2, D. Pfeiffer 2, J. Saddington, A. Hartlett, A. O''hAilpin
Best Players: D. Pfeiffer, A. Iacobucci, A. Joseph, M. Austin, J. Vansittart, L. Blackwell

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: M. Little 5, P. Rose 3, D. Stretton 3, L. Picken 2, D. Galea, M. Lynch, G. O''Keefe, S. Reid
Best Players: J. Hill, B. Stack, L. Picken, D. Stretton, B. Jolley, S. Greene

Reserves:

8.4-52 Northern Bullants
def. by
15.17-107 Williamstown

Northern Bullants
Goal Kickers: G. Robertson 4, S. Smith 3, B. Davies
Best Players: C. Taylor, B. Davies, J. Williams, L. Morgan, M. Dennis, G. Robertson

Williamstown

Callum Urch? Suprised to see him in the 2s-he's a class or two above that level. Is he coming back from injury.

The Bulldogs Bite
07-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Callum Urch? Suprised to see him in the 2s-he's a class or two above that level. Is he coming back from injury.

Not that I'm aware of. He's played the last three or so games in the reserves, and after watching Willy play three times this season, I'm not surprised. Urch has looked pretty ordinary when I've seen him, I was actually surprised when I found out who he was as some have rated him at AFL level. I was wondering why he was playing seniors before I knew who it was, but perhaps he's in a form slump.

Twodogs
07-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Not that I'm aware of. He's played the last three or so games in the reserves, and after watching Willy play three times this season, I'm not surprised. Urch has looked pretty ordinary when I've seen him, I was actually surprised when I found out who he was as some have rated him at AFL level. I was wondering why he was playing seniors before I knew who it was, but perhaps he's in a form slump.

Given the luck he's had with injuries since his drafting I could understand if he'd lost a bit of his enthusiasm for footy. It'd still be a shame though

Pedro Sanchez
08-06-2008, 05:17 AM
So anyone got a full match report from this game... Keen to know if old mate Stackie is a chance to tear the Lions a new one next week.

Thanks in advance from the UK

Mr Sanchez...

GVGjr
08-06-2008, 08:55 AM
So anyone got a full match report from this game... Keen to know if old mate Stackie is a chance to tear the Lions a new one next week.

Mr Sanchez...

Williamstown were never seriously challenged at all.

Hill had a very good game and was back to the standard that had him playing well for the Doggies. Hill played on the wing and half back but pushed forward when he could.
Stack was also a god contributor and played as a HBF. He ran wel with the ball and his kicking was good.
Lynch and O'Keefe were a little quiet.
Reid and Wood started on the interchange. Reid did well when he was on the ground and Wood was very quiet although he did a couple of nice things.
Wight played as a CHF and the conditions did not suit him. McDougall played as a CHB and while he didn't get a lot of stats they would be happy that he got through the game
Harbrow did some nice things and Street dominated the ruck and got a lot of kicks around the ground. He was every getting annoyed when his team mates didn't pass him the ball.

Go_Dogs
08-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Good to see Wight spending his time up forward. Stack and Hill's form is pleasing too. Hopefully they can keep it up and keep challenging for spots. Stack must be getting very close for mine.

Pedro Sanchez
08-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Williamstown were never seriously challenged at all.

Hill had a very good game and was back to the standard that had him playing well for the Doggies. Hill played on the wing and half back but pushed forward when he could.
Stack was also a god contributor and played as a HBF. He ran wel with the ball and his kicking was good.
Lynch and O'Keefe were a little quiet.
Reid and Wood started on the interchange. Reid did well when he was on the ground and Wood was very quiet although he did a couple of nice things.
Wight played as a CHF and the conditions did not suit him. McDougall played as a CHB and while he didn't get a lot of stats they would be happy that he got through the game
Harbrow did some nice things and Street dominated the ruck and got a lot of kicks around the ground. He was every getting annoyed when his team mates didn't pass him the ball.

Cheers GV... As we all know with another solid win by the Dogs today, its going to be a hard side to crack into. Hopefully Hill and co can keep up the consistency and put there names back in front of the selectors.

Mofra
08-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Murphy has to come back into the line-up, bad luck for Hill & Stack

Was Hudson reported today?

LostDoggy
08-06-2008, 07:05 PM
It was freezing watching Williamstown yesterday but I had to laugh at the Williamstown President a couple of times. At the quarter time huddle he saw Wayne Campbell and said hi Leon and that guy that sits in coaches box next to Eade had to correct him. Then just before 3 quarter time when Sam Reid took a mark he asked someone was he a Williamstown listed player.

Stretton had the ball on a string yesterday but I was impressed with the efforts of Street Hill and Stack. O'Keefe was quiet but he does some good things and he reads the play better than most.

GVGjr
08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Murphy has to come back into the line-up, bad luck for Hill & Stack

Was Hudson reported today?

Yes Hudson was reported but I didn't see the incident. Murphy will be back and it will be tough on any of the players today to be dropped.

hujsh
08-06-2008, 09:19 PM

Mr Sanchez...

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/558/williamshillwx5.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=williamshillwx5.jpg)

try clicking the link

Scorlibo
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
That article states that Street had 33 effective hit-outs. Thats incredible if its true, 33 hit-outs by itself is a good result, around 25% of which are normally effective. Good to hear Hill is back in form.