PDA

View Full Version : Woof Supercoach - Who is Who?

Scorlibo
12-06-2008, 09:49 PM
K, halfway point of the SC season as well and I'm not sure exactly who is who in our supercoach league! Some people are obvious such as GVGjr and Mantis but others aren't. Would everyone like to share what name they go by in SC and how they see their season so far?

I'm Bubba's Battlers. Sitting in 6th atm which is OK, but would like to move into the four by the end of the season to reflect my league high average score/round of 2094.

I have had Coondog and Crossy since the start of the season and they have obviously been great, especially Coon. I had Aker at the start but traded him out after his first few poor rounds (regretting heaps now). I traded Hill in after round 2 for one good match and some money and then traded him back out. I recently got Gilbs for a lovely low price and he has since started to shine.

hujsh
12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
In case you couldn't tell i'm hujsh of the hujshdogs.:rolleyes:

And my biggest problem is depth as it makes me waste my trades.

Eg i had Stevens playing and Palmer on the bench. Decided that with Houli on the bench as well i could trade stevens for Cotchin. Then with that cash i traded Simmonds for Cox.

Not a bad trade but I'm running out.

With my second worst performance of the year the Rear Adimirals put me down to 7th.

GVGjr
12-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Mantis = Mantis Monkey's
Woof = me
hujshdogs = hujsh
The Coon Dogs = TCD
54since54 = Aker39
Barklystreetend = sockeye
FirstDogs = FirstDogs
NFI = Drunken Bum (I think)
Bundi dogs = Rory (doesn't post much)
wimbergsDogs = wimberga

Not sure of the rest.

By the way, how will supercoach and dream teams work when there is a 17th team in the comp? ;)

The Coon Dog
12-06-2008, 10:11 PM
By the way, how will supercoach and dream teams work when there is a 17th team in the comp? ;)
You would like to be playing MoonDoogies when the Bulldogs have a bye, he'd only have 5 players available.

Scorlibo
12-06-2008, 10:28 PM

Perhaps they could go on average per player instead of total points? Maybe have a few more subs and more salary? Will change the game a lot.

LostDoggy
12-06-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm dales.girl38 ;)

G-Mo77
13-06-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm the Rear Admirals.

LostDoggy
13-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Bummed out that I missed out on joining the woof league this year. I'm in some random league and doing okay (3rd at an average of 2200+) but it's just not as fun as I imagine it would be with you guys!

I'm nearly all traded out though. I'm playing to win the weekly prize now so I'm just stuffing my team full of the best performed players, not worrying about keeping trades in hand at all.. nearest to my goal so far has been a score of around 2500 but some people keep getting 2650+ and I don't know where I'm going to get the extra points from! Keeping my fingers crossed this weekend as I've just traded Goodes into my team and he may just be the mojo. At least you know he'll never be suspended.

wimberga
13-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Lantern, I feel sorry for you.

Im in the Woof league in my first ever Supercoach attempt and am stuck on 16th. Dont know what my average is, but wish you could have my spot!

Now you all know that me on the bottom of the ladder ;)

Twodogs
13-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm the Rear Admirals.

What is a Rear Admiral anyway Dwight?

firstdogonthemoon
13-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I am too awful and ashamed so I am unwilling to say what team is mine.

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 01:51 AM
good get GVR, i am indeed NFI

I did my team very early initially with an aim of watching some pre season matches checking out form and so forth before making final adjustment just before the season started. All good in theory til i was lying in bed pretty hung over one night(i work nightshift so am allowed to get out of bed at 8pm thanks very much) flicking thru the channels and lo and behold the footy is on and i havent touched my team since about 4 weeks prior. i didnt have a captain for 4-5 weeks i think, not sure but have players that have been injured all yr or havent played, i think i was min2-3 down most weeks especially in defence.
On the plus side i have all my trades left and was sitting 3rd on the ladder last time i checked, although i think i got lucky a cpl of times hitting sides at the right time.

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 02:03 AM
good get GVR, i am indeed NFI

I did my team very early initially with an aim of watching some pre season matches checking out form and so forth before making final adjustment just before the season started. All good in theory til i was lying in bed pretty hung over one night(i work nightshift so am allowed to get out of bed at 8pm thanks very much) flicking thru the channels and lo and behold the footy is on and i havent touched my team since about 4 weeks prior. i didnt have a captain for 4-5 weeks i think, not sure but have players that have been injured all yr or havent played, i think i was min2-3 down most weeks especially in defence.
On the plus side i have all my trades left and was sitting 3rd on the ladder last time i checked, although i think i got lucky a cpl of times hitting sides at the right time.

What kind of work do you do DB?

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 02:06 AM
was dealing at crown for 5yrs, havin a break from that now and bludging in a call center doing cust care.

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 02:17 AM
was dealing at crown for 5yrs, havin a break from that now and bludging in a call center doing cust care.

You'd have some fun stories to tell about Crown I bet. Many years ago when they first set up we did a heap of recruiting for them, talk about fussy!

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Yeah it was ridiculously hard to get a job there when they first started, i actually applied around then and had to sit through 2 interviews a 2hr aptitude exam and a physical with people getting knocked out at each stage and still didnt get the job WTF? They will employ anyone these days lol, have bever seen such a high turnover of staff in a place, need to be a special kind of messed up to survive there longer than 6mths or so.

Most of the fun stories involve staff more than the punters, the crown functions are just insane, would not believe the stuff that goes on at that place. I do remember going straight into work one night after a bender and being on the roulette table next to a mate who was with me and watching him thow up in the roulette wheel, which in turn almost made me go out in sympathy lol

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 03:03 AM
Yeah it was ridiculously hard to get a job there when they first started, i actually applied around then and had to sit through 2 interviews a 2hr aptitude exam and a physical with people getting knocked out at each stage and still didnt get the job WTF? They will employ anyone these days lol, have bever seen such a high turnover of staff in a place, need to be a special kind of messed up to survive there longer than 6mths or so.

Most of the fun stories involve staff more than the punters, the crown functions are just insane, would not believe the stuff that goes on at that place. I do remember going straight into work one night after a bender and being on the roulette table next to a mate who was with me and watching him thow up in the roulette wheel, which in turn almost made me go out in sympathy lol

Conversation with my boss just before they opened

"Your girlfriends a bit of a looker, isnt she"
"well yeah"
"And she's artistic?"
"yes again-what's your point?"
"Does she want to work at Crown? She'll be taking photos"
"what of?"
"staff-it's for their security passes"
"Proabaly not, no and we really need to have a talk about the meaning of the word 'artistic'"

G-Mo77
14-06-2008, 08:34 PM
What is a Rear Admiral anyway Dwight?

Well it was a line of the Simposns, Milhouse said it. It's like a Super Wedgie. I couldn't think of a name and for some reason that sprung to mind so I used it. I think I watched that particular episode the night before

But there is another use for the phrase which I was not aware of at the time and can be found if you google it. I would rather a different name now. :o

hujsh
14-06-2008, 08:54 PM
But there is another use for the phrase which I was not aware of at the time and can be found if you google it. I would rather a different name now. :o

tsk tsk tsk.

It did sound a little off with the use of the word rear