PDA

View Full Version : Dogs a monty for the flag this year

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Ok i have been waiting 38yrs for the dogs to win a flag, as i am moving to Russia next year i thought that is going to be our year seeing as i wont be here for it of course. Well now it seems i am going to China in Sept before heading off to Russia, so you can pretty much put your house on the Dogs getting up guys and girls. :D

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 03:18 AM
Ok i have been waiting 38yrs for the dogs to win a flag, as i am moving to Russia next year i thought that is going to be our year seeing as i wont be here for it of course. Well now it seems i am going to China in Sept before heading off to Russia, so you can pretty much put your house on the Dogs getting up guys and girls. :D

I cant think of anything-outside of maybe something happening to one of my kids-that would stop me being in Melbourne in september this year. Except of course if we were playing an interstate final.

I've already told the ex that I'm going to be preoccupied to the point of uselessness in september this year and that she will have to do most of the child looking after then. She said that she pretty much realsised that when she saw the ladder last week.

The Coon Dog
14-06-2008, 06:28 AM

Why Russia DB?

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 07:11 AM
Why Russia DB?

Why not? No reason, seemed as good a place as any to start(although changed now as starting in China), plan on travelling for next 5-10yrs living in diff places, experiencing different cultures, picking up a language or two or three, Russia seemed interesting so decided to start there. China just popped up a bit suddenly as a friend who is teaching English over there said she could get me a job and then we are going to go to Russia from there.

The Coon Dog
14-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Why not? No reason, seemed as good a place as any to start(although changed now as starting in China), plan on travelling for next 5-10yrs living in diff places, experiencing different cultures, picking up a language or two or three, Russia seemed interesting so decided to start there. China just popped up a bit suddenly as a friend who is teaching English over there said she could get me a job and then we are going to go to Russia from there.

Should be interesting for sure. Thought that maybe you might have had family over there or something. Be bloody cold in Russia!

Hypothetical, you're in Moscow freezing your jaxie off & the Doggies make it through to the last day in September. Would you fly back?

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Without a second thought, would sell my liver if that was what it took, not that i would get much for it as it is pretty well shot but you get my drift, whatever it takes.
Will be getting pics of me in my Dogs gear in as many far off places as possible and will be spreading the word everywhere i go :)

Topdog
14-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I cant think of anything-outside of maybe something happening to one of my kids-that would stop me being in Melbourne in september this year. Except of course if we were playing an interstate final.

I've already told the ex that I'm going to be preoccupied to the point of uselessness in september this year and that she will have to do most of the child looking after then. She said that she pretty much realsised that when she saw the ladder last week.

Same mate. I've already warned the wife that if we make it I would be willing to spend a grand just getting into the G and the next week will be a write off.

craigsahibee
14-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Same mate. I've already warned the wife that if we make it I would be willing to spend a grand just getting into the G and the next week will be a write off.

WE had that same discussion in the car last weekend. I was thinking of $1000 and when I asked her what the limit would be If I couldn't get a ticket to the GF by normal means the good wife said $1000. It must be fate

1eyedog
14-06-2008, 10:11 AM
WE had that same discussion in the car last weekend. I was thinking of $1000 and when I asked her what the limit would be If I couldn't get a ticket to the GF by normal means the good wife said $1000. It must be fate

Yep prepared to pay $1000 for a ticket also or may hire a helicopter and fly around and around the G.

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 10:21 AM
There is just about nothing that I wouldnt do to get tickets to the grand fina,l if the Bulldogts are playing. I was born over 20 years after we last made a grand and have never been to one. I would not care about the price, even if I had to sell my house to be there, as long as I made it. If the Bulldogs make the grand final, then their will be nothing that will stop me from going.

The Pie Man
14-06-2008, 10:23 AM
You get a feeling about this year, but of course I won't be counting any of those chickens

I've wondered about Centre Square, can you still get those packages during GF week? (ie after a fan knows for sure that their club is playing) Just looked on Australian tours for sport website (link below, I'm sure there are other sites) and the prices for just tickets to the game are below

Premium Seats $1,995
Prime Seats $1,750

Standard Seats $1,550

Reserved seat at the 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final. YOU choose which category of seat.
An Official AFL Football Club Pre-Game Function.
Full two course brunch
Beer, wines & soft drinks
First Class entertainment.
Official 2008 Toyota AFL Grand Final program

http://www.atfs.com.au/afl.html

Desipura
14-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Without a second thought, would sell my liver if that was what it took, not that i would get much for it as it is pretty well shot but you get my drift, whatever it takes.
Will be getting pics of me in my Dogs gear in as many far off places as possible and will be spreading the word everywhere i go :)
Well with your avatar and your liver shot, you are going to the right country. They tell me the locals drink the local vodka for breakfast just to keep warm!

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Well with your avatar and your liver shot, you are going to the right country. They tell me the locals drink the local vodka for breakfast just to keep warm!

I work in disability and a couple of years ago I got a frantic phone call first thing in the morning. One of my clients's daughter was getting married the next day, things were going wrong and they had to be sorted there and then. Could I just come over and watch TV with her autistic son while she went out and sorted all the problems?

So I'm sitting watching TV at about 8am when a family friend came around to help set up for the following day. The first thing he dives for is the liqour cabinet and pours out two slugs of vodka. "Drink?" he says to me. No thanks, bit early in the day for me. He gives me a confused look and says "You want beer then?"

Yep they were Macedonian.

craigsahibee
14-06-2008, 11:46 AM
I work in disability and a couple of years ago I got a frantic phone call first thing in the morning. One of my clients's daughter was getting married the next day, things were going wrong and they had to be sorted there and then. Could I just come over and watch TV with her autistic son while she went out and sorted all the problems?

So I'm sitting watching TV at about 8am when a family friend came around to help set up for the following day. The first thing he dives for is the liqour cabinet and pours out two slugs of vodka. "Drink?" he says to me. No thanks, bit early in the day for me. He gives me a confused look and says "You want beer then?"

Yep they were Macedonian.

I have an autistic son and believe me some days by 8:00am a "Drink" is a necessity.;)

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I have an autistic son and believe me some days by 8:00am a "Drink" is a necessity.;)
I know what you mean.

Twodogs
14-06-2008, 12:46 PM

Strongly concur. I've been working in disability for most of my working life and for the last ten years it's been almost exclusively with autistic people.

I'm fascinated by autistic people but then again I get to hand them back at the end of the day to my client. It is the funniest job in the World thoough.

craigsahibee
14-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Strongly concur. I've been working in disability for most of my working life and for the last ten years it's been almost exclusively with autistic people.

I'm fascinated by autistic people but then again I get to hand them back at the end of the day to my client. It is the funniest job in the World thoough.

Some days are pretty tough but I don't reckon I wouldn't change a single thing over the last 6 and a half years. Still trying to nurture his interest in footy. It may take a while.

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Some days are pretty tough but I don't reckon I wouldn't change a single thing over the last 6 and a half years. Still trying to nurture his interest in footy. It may take a while.

Give me one day with him and I'll give you back a 100%, certified bulldog fanatic!

LostDog
15-06-2008, 03:34 PM
id sell my family to see the boys lift the cup, though i think cash converters would wanna give them back