PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Bulldogs vs Lions

GVGjr
14-06-2008, 08:43 AM
This is the discussion thread for todays game and it will be another good test for us.

Brown, Black, Power and Johnston are the danger guys and if we can control them we will go on for a solid win.

I'm not sure how the conditions will favor any side.

Johnson to get the first goal and the Dogs by 31 points with Griffen BOG.

Topdog
14-06-2008, 09:50 AM
It is going to be a huge match, I really can't wait for it.

Welsh with the first goal, Murphy to kick 3 and Aker BOG.

1eyedog
14-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Yep I'm with you TD it will be a great contest, for two quarters anyway. Aker first goal Cooney BOG and Dogs to run away after a dour contest to win by 30-40 points.

The Pie Man
14-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Weather will play it's part - looking gloomy right now, though the G's drainage is top notch, so if it clears up the ground should be fine (maybe just slippery)

Both clubs had Sunday games last week, they're travelling and without Bradshaw, we should win. We've been up for a while though, so they'll need to remain switched on.

Need a good start.

The Pie Man
14-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Do you mean Drew Morphett to call the first goal? I'll go for Whateley:D

Hahn for first goal. Murph for BOG to make up for lost time.
Not as confident as previous weeks, be interesting if it's wet, haven't played one of those for a while.

I was gonna run with mrphing into Murph, but it wasn't that funny so I left it alone. I'll leave the funny stuff to the funny blokes (Morphett call not bad)

Aker to get sat on very heavily today - Welsh to kick more than 2

craigsahibee
14-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Welsh to kick the first goal. Dogs by 27 points.

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 11:56 AM
First goal to Murph, Dogs by 16 points.

Ill be there, hopefully the rain holds off...the last few times ive been to the G its rained down on me...

Melbourne game this year we won by 95 points so it wasnt a problem :D
and Archers 300th last year, such a miserable day for doggies supporters in the rain :/

wimberga
14-06-2008, 11:58 AM
1st goal to Minson
BOG to Cooney
Dogs by 19

BulldogBelle
14-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Aker to do a double and kick the first goal against his old side and also land BOG.

Dogs by 26 points.

MikeSheahan
14-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Dogs by 16. First goal to Akermanis.

bornadog
14-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Dogs by 43 points

Gia first goal

Cooney BOG

Mantis
14-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Dogs by 15pts

Let's hope the injury curse when we play Brisbane stays away.

Welsh for the 1st goal.

Bumper Bulldogs
14-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Gia first Goal
Lake BOG
Dogs by 35 points

Mantis I'm with you, we need a change of luck against the Lions and the G is the place to do it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
14-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Fantastic win today, accuracy on goals in the last 3 weeks has been down, but we're certainly generating alot of opportunities.
Our one major area with a question mark has been our defense, but it's looking alot stronger with Williams, and now Everitts inclusion.

I'm not sure I've seen a Bulldog player with as little as experience as Callan Ward show the level of composure he has to date. I know it's only 2 games, and no doubt he will have ups and downs along his journey, but I think we've got one out of the box here. I have not been able to spot any glaring weaknesses in his game? He's solid kick, good overhead for his size, doesn't lack toe, has a good tackling technique, and so far has shown he has good decision making skills.

We've risen to all challenges so far this year, next week against the Pies will be yet another one. I hope it's one we can mark off with a tick!

Scorlibo
14-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Truly wonderful victory. Everyone did their bit - there was only one player below 10 disposals and that was Big Will. We absolutely smashed them in the clearances which was pivotal and I think Brian 'Swan' Lake won his duel with Jon Brown. Dale Morris obliterated Travis Johnstone, who could have hurt us badly in those sort of conditions if Dale didn't have him - emphasises the postitive effect that Williams and Everitt coming back into the side has had in freeing up Dale and Heggars in particular to play as they were always meant to. GO DOGS!!

DOG GOD
14-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Great win today. All round impressive interest.

Yeah, Ward looks the goods...got a new fave finally :)

Topdog
14-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Now that was a lovely game to watch.

You could tell all day that we were going to win comfortably. In the 1st quarter we seemed to be missing our targets by kicking the ball a little to far but we smashed them in every aspect of the game.

They never ever looked to be on top and it really could and should have been a lot more than 60 points.

Can't think of a bad player today.

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Carn The Dogs! :D

Glad to see us keep Brown, Johnstone & Brennan to a mere 4 goals combined

hujsh
14-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Good to see us continue our good work with a 10 goal win. I think Ward's effort today was great.

Great conditions for Hahn and Aka.

Cooney a good captain for dream team today:D

Nice to see Welsh with 5 (although that last one couldn't have been more of a gift)

alwaysadog
14-06-2008, 09:18 PM
What was really good from my perspective was that it was more of a 4 quarter effort today; the concentration lapses were fewer and the preparedness to put body on the line and play for your teamates was outstanding.
Lot's of good players, two less obvious ones were Huddo's game. He was in everything, and Lake ended up getting the better of the Brown Dog. Will do both their confidences no end of good.
A downside, Lake looked very proppy late in the final quarter, hope it's not serious

MikeSheahan
14-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Bulldogs on top of the ladder, for a few hours at least! How good do you feel? Seriously good performance today, against a form side. Should've changed my tip from 16 points to 16 goals. Really warming to the idea of the Bulldogs rating number 2 in my book this year, behind Geelong.

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice to see Welsh with 5 (although that last one couldn't have been more of a gift)

Ive read somewhere that everyone is saying Johnno thought it was his kick and he was arguing with the ump, well i can tell you that he wasnt saying that at all, i could hear him pretty clearly saying will the kick be taken in the middle or here on the goal line.

Was a stupid and dangerous thing that Joel McDonald(i think it was him anyway) did, you would you think to kick the ball like that after the goal has been kicked, pretty obvious that he didnt think at all.

hujsh
14-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Looked like Johnno wanted the kick though i was moving towards the exit (not leaving just waiting for the siren)

Saw that Gia had 6 tackles. He's become quite the tackling machine

1eyedog
15-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Bulldogs on top of the ladder, for a few hours at least! How good do you feel? Seriously good performance today, against a form side. Should've changed my tip from 16 points to 16 goals. Really warming to the idea of the Bulldogs rating number 2 in my book this year, behind Geelong.

Brisbane were hardly a form side, sure they won four on the trot, but the first of these 4 were against Carlton at the Dome and Carlton were playing pretty ordinary footy 5 weeks ago, they're last three wins have all been at home against St.Kilda, North (who have been struggling away) and I forget the other but based on that I always questioned Brisbane's form away from home against quality opposition, I had us winning by up to 40 points, but when I first thought about it I thought about 10 goals was highly possible.

Topdog
15-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Fremantle was the other.

Winning 4 in a row is good form regardless of who you are playing.

1eyedog
16-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Fremantle was the other.

Winning 4 in a row is good form regardless of who you are playing.

Completely disagree here. Winning against bottom teams at home for an interstate teams is no sign of good form. Brisbane found that out on Saturday when they met a team in good form.