PDA

View Full Version : Voss: Murphy is a class player!

GetDimmaBack
14-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Been watching the game on TV...Michael Voss is a changed man and ,maybe, a true believer.

Seem to recall Vossy getting into Malcolm Blight for saying "Murphy is all class".
Voss said: ..."be careful how you use the word class, Malcolm."

Today: "Murphy...he's a class player."

Has Murph improved that much in a few weeks...?

Drunken Bum
14-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Seem to recall Vossy getting into Malcolm Blight for saying "Murphy is all class".
Voss said: ..."be careful how you use the word class, Malcolm."

Remember hearing that and couldnt believe that anyone with half a football brain could be capable of such a ridiculous comment. Dont like his chance of a successful coaching career if that is an example of him identifying talent

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Ha! During the telecast yesterday he said about Aker "He's a bulldog now. That's where his heart should lie-in the red, white and blue" You could almost hear his teeth gritting as he said it.

hujsh
15-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Ha! During the telecast yesterday he said about Aker "He's a bulldog now. That's where his heart should lie-in the red, white and blue" You could almost hear his teeth gritting as he said it.

When it's all said and done for Aka, where do you think his heart will lie?

Topdog
15-06-2008, 06:36 PM

Probably with both. You can't take away 3 premierships from the man and the bond that comes with that. He has gotten over the whole Matthews thing by the sounds of it and seems to be content with himself. In 10 years time he will be back for the 15 year reunion or whatever it is.

Hopefully he will be doing the same with us.

He has fitted in very well in Footscray and seems to have a very good relationship with everyone. I keep saying this but I hope he stays on as a coach when he hangs up his boots.

GetDimmaBack
15-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Vossy was asked who he'd put on Murphy and he said "Ohhh...Superman...".
He has a big opinion of Murph, but surely that couldn't have been formed only in the last 6 weeks.

Is Voss a genuine coach-in-waiting, or just a great player who is untried as a coach (like Royce Hart)?

Can't help thinking Aker is a real chance as a coach.

BulldogBelle
15-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Not big on Voss's commentating efforts lately. :mad:

Also a couple of days ago Tim Watson said the 1985 Bulldogs were a 'motley group'.

LostDoggy
15-06-2008, 09:53 PM
If Voss is as bad at coaching, as he is at doing comentary, if the Gold Coast team use him as coach they will get the wooden spoon in their first season.

Mofra
15-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Aker is already the tackling coach at the Bulldogs anyway I thought.
Either way, senior players tend to take on more coaching/mentor type roels within the playing group - Rohan Smith was known for going way out of his way in helping out the defensive unit.

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Brisbane is like his mum. It gave him his start, nurtured him and eventually smothered him. I guess that makes up his wife. We wooed him because we liked like what we saw and Jason ran into our open arms. So far the relationship has been a great love story. In other words ask me in 5 years.:D

There was a great article in the little paper last saturday titled "Reflected Glory"-I think the link is on WOOF somewhere. In it Aker talks about meeting Rohan Smith, Scott West and Brad Johnson for the first time and being left in no doubt about what a strong culture the club was built on.

Have a read I think it's one of the best profile pieces I've read for quite a while.

craigsahibee
16-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey Vossy, as a special comments man give us something "special". Not something we have all known for years.

alwaysadog
16-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey Vossy, as a special comments man give us something "special". Not something we have all known for years.

Please, please don't ask him to leave the successful path worn threadbare by one Robert Walls, who fills every available second with pompous sounding mindless prattle.

JimmySewell
16-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Murph's The Best !:)

Jimmy Sewell

craigsahibee
16-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Murph's The Best !:)

Jimmy Sewell

Welcome Jimmy. Look forward to hearing more from you. Go Dogs

JimmySewell
16-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Welcome Jimmy. Look forward to hearing more from you. Go Dogs

thanks mate - i heard about the website on the weekend at the williamstown game, so i thought i would check it out - so far, very impressive !

go dogs !