PDA

View Full Version : Buddy has just been reported

craigsahibee
14-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Similar to Goodes of last week. I'm not even going to try and guess if he will go or not.

aker39
14-06-2008, 09:25 PM
He's gone for at least week.

Very similar to Murph

MikeSheahan
14-06-2008, 09:27 PM
The Goodes hit was much worse, so I'll tip Buddy will get off with a warning or reprimand.

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Buddy is an overrated showpony who has had a blinding 11 weeks. He has been an inconsistent, flashy player his whole career, and his last 11 weeks has blinded the footy world -- some on this forum have even suggested he's better than Jon Brown, as ridiculous as that assertion is.

Those who think he's a gun, just watch his kick out on the full, 30 metres from the goal on a 45 metre angle. He is a ball-hog (which is why he has 11 shots at goal a game), protected species by umpires and will not win the flag in his career, because the Hawks are not anywhere close to premiership standard.

The Dogs showed the footy world how to beat them, and now every team will just put them under pressure and put them out of their soft-ass misery. They will not finish top four this year -- mark my words.

ps. Buddy will not be suspended, even though it was the same as Murphs. He is a protected species, even more so than Goodes.

aker39
14-06-2008, 09:46 PM
It was nothing like Goodes.

Selwood was bending over the ball last week. The Adelaide player was standing up.

More like Murphy than Goodes

MikeSheahan
14-06-2008, 10:34 PM

Selwood was bending over the ball last week. The Adelaide player was standing up.

More like Murphy than GoodesNever said it was anything like Goodes. I just considered Goodes indescretion was more serious than Buddy's. Both were worse than Shaun Burgoyne's tap and he got three weeks. Consistently inconsistent.

craigsahibee
14-06-2008, 10:35 PM

More like Murphy than Goodes

Yeah, you're probably right there aker39. I noticed Channel 10's clock was counting down all the way to the end of the third quarter. Have they done away with the 5 minute warning?

Scorlibo
14-06-2008, 11:19 PM
If he gets weeks it will turn into a 3 horse race in the Brownlow, Cooney, Ablett and Black.

hujsh
14-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah i would have said gone but after seeing Goodes i'm not so sure

1eyedog
14-06-2008, 11:29 PM
Who cares, I couldn't give a stuff about an opposition player to tell you the truth and I am dreading hearing about it all week

The Coon Dog
14-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Have they done away with the 5 minute warning?
They only have it for the last quarter.

LostDoggy
14-06-2008, 11:54 PM
I think that if Murphy can be suspended for his hit, then surely Buddy deserves to be be suspended for what he did, but knowing the AFL he will get off simply because of who he is.:(

aker39
15-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Never said it was anything like Goodes.

Never said you did.

I was referring to the opening sentence of the thread.

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 05:07 AM
Buddy is an overrated showpony who has had a blinding 11 weeks. He has been an inconsistent, flashy player his whole career, and his last 11 weeks has blinded the footy world -- some on this forum have even suggested he's better than Jon Brown, as ridiculous as that assertion is.

Those who think he's a gun, just watch his kick out on the full, 30 metres from the goal on a 45 metre angle. He is a ball-hog (which is why he has 11 shots at goal a game), protected species by umpires and will not win the flag in his career, because the Hawks are not anywhere close to premiership standard.

The Dogs showed the footy world how to beat them, and now every team will just put them under pressure and put them out of their soft-ass misery. They will not finish top four this year -- mark my words.

ps. Buddy will not be suspended, even though it was the same as Murphs. He is a protected species, even more so than Goodes.

You could extrapolate that to cover the Hawthorn team as a whole. Their lack of disipline and professionalism is the major barrier seperating them from success. Clarkson has to stop excusing petulant acts from the likes of Jordan Lewis or they will never have success.

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 05:17 AM
Speaking of Murphy how come the Brisbane player who ignored the ball in order to shirtrfront Murph on the wing today wasnt reported? It was pretty much exactly the same thing as Murph's report. I was waiting for one of the self important piss and wind merchants to hold up some insignificant piece of play, such as a centre bounce, in order to inform the World of the report.

LostDoggy
15-06-2008, 01:09 PM
He's gone for at least week.

Very similar to Murph

Worse than Murphys but similar to Goodes. The guy had his head down.

With the lack of consistancy at the tribunal and no precedents, he'll most likely get off as he is a protected species.

Topdog
15-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Well the only thing of importance is how they grade the "impact"

This basically means "did the guy who got hit leave the ground or be attended to by trainers".

It's like a small algorithm

'If No = low = 1 week - early plea = reprimand but no Brownlow'.

'If yes = medium to high = 2 weeks - early plea = 1 week'

Sockeye Salmon
15-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I haven't seen it, but this morning's paper said "forearm to the face". That's a lot more serious.

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Well the only thing of importance is how they grade the "impact"

This basically means "did the guy who got hit leave the ground or be attended to by trainers".

It's like a small algorithm

'If No = low = 1 week - early plea = reprimand but no Brownlow'.

'If yes = medium to high = 2 weeks - early plea = 1 week'

^^^^^^^^
Very good.

Any chance of composing a Haiku about it?

LostDoggy
15-06-2008, 06:31 PM

Buddy is a gun, a freak, a match winner call him what u like. Would be very handy in a dogs jumper

Sedat
15-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Looked a classic 1 week report with a reduction into reprimand territory for the early plea. Didn't do an awful lot wrong to be honest.

Topdog
16-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Looked a classic 1 week report with a reduction into reprimand territory for the early plea. Didn't do an awful lot wrong to be honest.

Ding ding we have a winner!

The Pie Man
16-06-2008, 10:28 PM
little more than 'unsociable football' really - still didn't like it, but I can not like it and be comfortable he gets off. With the other guy tackling, I thought it was a pretty weak thing to do, all he needed to do was join the tackle...though to rub him out would be harsh.

I do not like Franklin. I get this feeling he'll rip that club apart Ben Cousins style (not drugs exactly..though I've heard rumors...more just by being a tool and getting into trouble) and I'll laugh if/when it happens.

BulldogBelle
16-06-2008, 11:08 PM

I also didn't think there was much to the incident. But as we know the MRP is a ball of contradiction these days.