PDA

View Full Version : We. Dont. Care.

Twodogs
15-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Honestly if I here one more media commentater/Journo/Colouful Sporting Identity bemoaning the fact that "this result has mucked up my tipping this week" or if I'd known such and such was carrying an injury I would have traded him out of my dreamteam"

Guesss what guys?-We couldnt give fat rat's clacker about your bloddy tipping or your stupid dreamteam!.

1/ Not eveyone enters the stupid things and arent interested.

2/ Footy and gambling games are streets apart in importance. Basically it breaks down like this-Footy=a matteroflifeanddeath, Gambling games=Amilddistractionfrommattersoflifeanddeath.

So do us all a favour and discuss footy. If you want to discuss the rest KB has a segment for it on mondays. Ring him and tell him all about it- at least he seems to care!

LostDoggy
15-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Which comment brought on this?

Im also sick of commentators continually refering to their dreamteams or supercoaches, though they have toned it down since last year.

mjp
15-06-2008, 11:15 PM
My dreamteam was life and death last year. This year I am not so bothered! :-)

1eyedog
15-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Honestly if I here one more media commentater/Journo/Colouful Sporting Identity bemoaning the fact that "this result has mucked up my tipping this week" or if I'd known such and such was carrying an injury I would have traded him out of my dreamteam"

Guesss what guys?-We couldnt give fat rat's clacker about your bloddy tipping or your stupid dreamteam!.

2/ Footy and gambling games are streets apart in importance. Basically it breaks down like this-Footy=a matteroflifeanddeath, Gambling games=Amilddistractionfrommattersoflifeanddeath.

So do us all a favour and discuss footy. If you want to discuss the rest KB has a segment for it on mondays. Ring him and tell him all about it- at least he seems to care!

Amen

Sockeye Salmon
16-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh-oh.

I just posted my player profile for this week and had a whinge in it about my Supercoach side. :o

Are we still friends, Twodogs?

Twodogs
16-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Which comment brought on this?

Im also sick of commentators continually refering to their dreamteams or supercoaches, though they have toned it down since last year.

Around the grounds man on ABC radio today-I think it was Rob Waters. Everytime they crossed to him for an update in the last quarter before he'd do the score he'd preface it with an update on how results were affecting his tipping, "oh if this keeps up I might be able to salvage a winner!" WHO CARES-TELL US THE GODDAMN SCORE"

Oh-oh.

I just posted my player profile for this week and had a whinge in it about my Supercoach side. :o

Are we still friends, Twodogs?

Oh yes. I'll need three Hail Mary Mother Of God's though.

The Coon Dog
29-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I think you're fighting a losing battle on this Twodogs. Now they even flash up Dreamteam scores during the game!

On Saturday night when we were told that Lindsay Gilbee was not playing TCP immediately hoped he had a defender as an ememrgency to cover for him in his Dreamteam.

LostDoggy
29-07-2009, 02:40 PM
On Saturday night when we were told that Lindsay Gilbee was not playing TCP immediately hoped he had a defender as an ememrgency to cover for him in his Dreamteam.

Great minds think alike, unfortunately I had no emergency.

LostDoggy
29-07-2009, 03:59 PM

Is this similar to a Flying Rat's Tossbag?

AndrewP6
29-07-2009, 05:26 PM
I've got 15 Bulldogs in my SC team, and doing relatively well, considering I lost the first five games, and had little clue what I was doing. I've won 5 out of the last six, so I'm kinda interested... but not life or death interested.

Oops, sorry, Twodogs...you didn't want us to talk about it did you? ;)

The Adelaide Connection
29-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm guessing Towdogs is a little grumpy that he is going to miss the Top 8 finals and play in the Losers final series ;)

AndrewP6
30-07-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm guessing Towdogs is a little grumpy that he is going to miss the Top 8 finals and play in the Losers final series ;)

I'd agree, but I may still have to play in that.. ;)

Desipura
30-07-2009, 08:52 AM
TwoDogs I am in the minority, agree totally with you! Probably because I have been in a similar competition some 13 years now, so this is nothing new to me.

bornadog
30-07-2009, 09:40 AM
The other thing I hate is the posting on the screen at games the progress of Dreamteam scores for each player. For god sakes give us some real stats on the game, not some stupid points system for dream team.

GVGjr
30-07-2009, 10:10 AM
I'd rather not have any references to DT scores in the coverage of a game and like Bornadog said it has little relevance anyway.

Twodogs
30-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Is this similar to a Flying Rat's Tossbag?

Errr, different ends of the spectrum Mr Smith!

The Adelaide Connection
30-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I'd rather not have any references to DT scores in the coverage of a game and like Bornadog said it has little relevance anyway.

Totally agree. I never noticed them doing that till the Hawks game and I thought it was a bit ridiculous.

AndrewP6
30-07-2009, 08:20 PM
The other thing I hate is the posting on the screen at games the progress of Dreamteam scores for each player. For god sakes give us some real stats on the game, not some stupid points system for dream team.

I have to agree, it is only pushing their own interests... and I often disagree with their ratings anyway...

NoParkingOnMatchDays
30-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Bring back lace up jumpers and ankle high boots - I can't stand this new DT obsession. Give me real old time stats like free drinks gotten at the Tunnel or punches thrown in the Moorabbin Social Club.

I've got a feeling that this DT thingy, like decimal currency is only a fad and will never last.