PDA

View Full Version : Memberships 2 weeks to go.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 02:10 PM
For those people considering upgrading their membership or know someone yet to buy one there is only two weeks left. Cut off is 30/06/08. I just did mine pretty quick and easy process just call 1300 GODOGS.

craigsahibee
16-06-2008, 03:34 PM
For those people considering upgrading their membership or know someone yet to buy one there is only two weeks left. Cut off is 30/06/08. I just did mine pretty quick and easy process just call 1300 GODOGS.

It wil be interesting to see how many packages are upgraded considering availability of tickets late in the finals series.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately due to financial restrictions I can only afford to pay for a season ticket membership, but I have been working non stop to try and get as many people to sign up as I can, but because I live in the eastern suburbs progress has been slow. Though I have manged to convert some of my non football supporting freinds.

craigsahibee
16-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Unfortunately due to financial restrictions I can only afford to pay for a season ticket membership, but I have been working non stop to try and get as many people to sign up as I can, but because I live in the eastern suburbs progress has been slow. Though I have manged to convert some of my non football supporting freinds.

Great work HAB54. We are certainly few and far between out here in the east.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Im on an 11 game membership..

But right now the only benefit in upgrading would be the grand final allocation...

But with Away games..we have one against the Roos @ the dome which is replacement anyway..the rest are interstate..so its quite pointless at this stage

Bulldog4life
16-06-2008, 10:37 PM

Good on you. You just never know what you can do if you don't try. I always wear my bulldogs cap whilst shopping at The Glen or Forest Hill intentionally. It's amazing how many conversations I have had as a result of the cap with people. Even with strangers I suggest they sign up.....not sure of the conversion....but you have to try!

whythelongface
16-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Just signed my wife up to a membership (incl social membership) - whilst not necessarily an avid supporter she knows that she is on a good thing whenever the dogs win.

aker39
17-06-2008, 11:06 AM
But right now the only benefit in upgrading would be the grand final allocation...

Isn't that reason enough.

LostDoggy
17-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Possibly...im gunna call and enquire about it today ;)

Cyberdoggie
17-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Good on you. You just never know what you can do if you don't try. I always wear my bulldogs cap whilst shopping at The Glen or Forest Hill intentionally. It's amazing how many conversations I have had as a result of the cap with people. Even with strangers I suggest they sign up.....not sure of the conversion....but you have to try!

ahhh so that's who you are.

we must be quite local.

I grew up in syndal, about a stone's throw away from schultz's shop,

Bulldog4life
17-06-2008, 06:54 PM
ahhh so that's who you are.

we must be quite local.

I grew up in syndal, about a stone's throw away from schultz's shop,

Actually I grew up in Yarraville Cyberdoggie but moved over this way living near the cnr of High Street Road and Huntingdale Road now. Was John Schultz's shop in the Syndal shopping Centre in Blackburn Road?

Sockeye Salmon
17-06-2008, 08:18 PM
Actually I grew up in Yarraville Cyberdoggie but moved over this way living near the cnr of High Street Road and Huntingdale Road now. Was John Schultz's shop in the Syndal shopping Centre in Blackburn Road?

Which side of Huntingdale Rd?

Bulldog4life
17-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Which side of Huntingdale Rd?

Essex Heights Estate...going down Huntingdale Road towards Highbury Road on the right hand side.

Sockeye Salmon
18-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Essex Heights Estate...going down Huntingdale Road towards Highbury Road on the right hand side.

I'm on the other side of Huntingdale Rd, behind Ashwood College

Bulldog4life
18-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm on the other side of Huntingdale Rd, behind Ashwood College

Good to know that we are strongly represented in the area.:D

Cyberdoggie
18-06-2008, 05:15 PM

yeah that's the one.

The local footy club (syndal tally-ho) used to wear footscray jumpers when i was in high school. Unfortunately i played for brentwood, we had the pleasure of wearing a purple and green vertical strips top with black shorts and purple and green hooped socks.
Classy look.

LostDoggy
18-06-2008, 07:22 PM
OK - upgraded to silver membership for the family. We are sitting in Aisle 30 - anywhere here from that part of the woods:D

bornadog
30-06-2008, 06:49 PM
From Bulldogs Website:

"Today is the final day to ensure your membership will count in the Club’s Official Match Day Members total. As at close of business on Friday, the Club’s 2008 total stood at 28,004 – 721 short of last year’s record membership total of 28,725. The Club still has over 4,000 unrenewed members from 2007."
Pretty close to last year now, alot closer than I thought it would be. However, I bet GF allocation is up, which means membership revenue will be way up from last year

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
Posted today in the Hun

Bulldogs' grand final lure sparks membership rush
Mark Stevens | July 02, 2008 12:00am

Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are sayingEmail article Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Post to NewsVine Post to Facebook What are these? Printer friendly Text size+- RODNEY Eade and his players have so far managed to keep a lid on it, but Western Bulldogs fans are daring to dream. The Bulldogs have been inundated by standard members wanting to upgrade their packages to guarantee a Grand Final ticket.

In the past six business days 3000 excited Dogs fans have committed to an upgrade to social-club status.

Given the upgrade for a routine 11-game membership costs $110, the Dogs have pocketed more than $300,000 from the rush.

The upgrades started after the Dogs' 10-point win against Collingwood in Round 13 and have continued since Saturday night's 54-point disposal of Port Adelaide.

Bulldogs chief executive Campbell Rose said yesterday the deadline for new members and upgrades had been extended, with the approval of the AFL.

Membership will remain open until the Dogs' Grand Final allocation is exhausted, with Rose urging supporters to sign up or upgrade.

"I don't think our supporters want to find themselves missing out after such a long period of time," Rose said.

"It's great and very encouraging, and we are looking forward to beating our membership target.

"However, we've still got eight games to go and we've still got a finals series to get through . . . we are not getting ahead of ourselves within the club."

The Dogs still have significant capacity left under their Grand Final allocation, despite processing a staggering 1000 upgrades on Monday.

If a standard member upgrades to social club membership, access to a Grand Final ticket is a lock -- no questions asked.

It means the whole configuration of the Dogs' membership has shifted.

"We're nearing clubs like Collingwood who have 10,000 social club members," Bulldogs membership manager Dino Imbriano said.

"The way we're going, we'll be there in a few weeks. That would have been unthinkable to some not that long ago."

The Bulldogs' success is starting to filter through to new membership sales as well.

They have sold almost 500 fresh memberships since Friday, taking the total to 28,202 - now less than 500 behind last year's club record.

"It is a tribute to our membership team, led by Dino," Rose said.

The Bulldogs, top of the ladder midway through Round 14, have not played on the last Saturday in September since 1961.

They have made only one other Grand Final appearance, winning the premiership against Melbourne in 1954.

In 1997 the Dogs lost a preliminary final to Adelaide by only three points after leading all day, robbing the public of a fairytale Grand Final against St Kilda.

This year the Dogs have won 12 of 14 games - the best start to a season in the club's history.

Good news - it just gets better and better!

BulldogBelle
02-07-2008, 06:41 PM
yeah that's the one.

The local footy club (syndal tally-ho) used to wear footscray jumpers when i was in high school. Unfortunately i played for brentwood, we had the pleasure of wearing a purple and green vertical strips top with black shorts and purple and green hooped socks.
Classy look.

CD, I also for played for Brentwood F/C as a real youngen!! Early 80's I reckon.