PDA

View Full Version : Travis Cloke - 1 Match Suspension

The Coon Dog
16-06-2008, 05:59 PM
Just announced that he's been suspended for 1 match for striking Jamieson of Carlton. He has carry over points so can't take a reprimand.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 06:25 PM
This is good and bad for us. We wont have to worry about him on Sunday, but the media will come out and say the reason that we destroyed them is because he was not playing.

JimmySewell
16-06-2008, 06:29 PM
thats good news for us - but i still think we could have beaten them with cloke and rocca anyway if they play:D

in all seriousness, has anyone thought about how much good luck we have had this season with injuries and other teams having injuries when they have been playing us?

Its good to get a good run for a change - God knows we have lucked out in the past:rolleyes:

DOG GOD
16-06-2008, 06:29 PM
good news for us.

Go_Dogs
16-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes, certainly seems to help us out a bit, and could be another good opportunity for Williams to spend some more time forwards.

Any news on Rocca's injury?

BulldogBelle
16-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Good news for us.

Mantis
16-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, certainly seems to help us out a bit, and could be another good opportunity for Williams to spend some more time forwards.

Any news on Rocca's injury?

Said on the news that he is extremely unlikely to return.

DOG GOD
16-06-2008, 07:10 PM
C'wood MAY take it to the tribunal.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/hawks-franklin-may-accept-reprimand-20080616-2rg0.html

Scraggers
16-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Cloke in or out doesn't matter ... Boyd or Lake would dominate anyway

craigsahibee
16-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Said on the news that he is extremely unlikely to return.

I heard he won't be back until after the break.

1eyedog
16-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Yep no Rocca and Cloke gone for 1 with an early plea is fantastic for us. I don't particularly care what the media says if we beat them without Cloke in the team, I'll take the 4 points over that any day. Twodogs won't be happy that he doesn't get to see his boy though:D

GVGjr
16-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Yep no Rocca and Cloke gone for 1 with an early plea is fantastic for us. I don't particularly care what the media says if we beat them without Cloke in the team, I'll take the 4 points over that any day. Twodogs won't be happy that he doesn't get to see his boy though:D

Is it really good for us? I'm not sure why but I'd like to know exactly how good we are by playing the Pies at closer to their full strength. If we win by 20 or 30 points the old question of the difference that these two guys would have made remains unanswered.

With our win loss record I think we need to be tested but sides like the Pies.

Scraggers
16-06-2008, 07:31 PM
G'day & welcome Scraggers, do you mean Williams, not Boyd?

Oops ... my bad ... I actually meant Dale Morris ... serves me right for being on an online forum whilst at work :o

The Coon Dog
16-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Oops ... my bad ... I actually meant Dale Morris ... serves me right for being on an online forum whilst at work :o

Won't be the first to be guilty of that will he Sockeye?

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 08:14 PM
Is it really good for us? I'm not sure why but I'd like to know exactly how good we are by playing the Pies at closer to their full strength. If we win by 20 or 30 points the old question of the difference that these two guys would have made remains unanswered.

Agreed. I was looking forward to seeing how we would perform against a close to full strength collingwood side.

Dancin' Douggy
16-06-2008, 08:19 PM
thats good news for us - but i still think we could have beaten them with cloke and rocca anyway if they play:D

in all seriousness, has anyone thought about how much good luck we have had this season with injuries and other teams having injuries when they have been playing us?

Its good to get a good run for a change - God knows we have lucked out in the past:rolleyes:

We are getting the rub of the green no doubt and I'm more than happy to take it.
I remember when the Eagles were a force in the 90's everything went their way. Irregular bounces that would go between the legs of 7 defenders and straight into Sumich's hands two inches out in the goal square, umpires decisions, flukey goals, etc etc. We're getting it now, and on top of us playing red hot football, I'm starting to think we could go all the way.
I think we would have pounded the pies anyway but it's still nice to know if he only misses one game for the year it's the dog's game.
Rub of the green. We've NEVER had it and I'm enjoying it unashamedly.

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 08:38 PM

It is about damn time too. I am loving the fact that after years of having everything against us, we are finally getting some good luck. It is things like this that are getting me more and more exited about what we may be able to do this year.

1eyedog
16-06-2008, 09:00 PM

Bugger that, gives us 4 points and if Collingwood are good enough we'll see them in the finals. All teams get injuries and players out through suspension, we were riddled with injuries in 2006, that's footy. We'll get enough tests against Geelong and against Adelaide away rd 22. Based on Sunday's effort I didn't hold out much hope of a decent challenge from Collingwood anyway. Why anyone would say they want the opposition team at full strength when there are 4 points up for grabs is beyond me.

Sockeye Salmon
16-06-2008, 09:32 PM
C'wood MAY take it to the tribunal.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/sport/hawks-franklin-may-accept-reprimand-20080616-2rg0.html

Collingwood ALWAYS take it to the tribunal

Won't be the first to be guilty of that will he Sockeye?

I have to WOOF at work. I'm usually not allowed to at home!

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Cloke was not a worry in or out, he has played average this season.

Love how Collingwood fans were praising him as the #1 Forward...good ol collingwood fans

LostDoggy
16-06-2008, 09:53 PM

With the form Cloke has been in this year it might be a plus him being out.

The Pie Man
16-06-2008, 10:00 PM
It means Ben Reid will definitely play - now there's a worse run up than Welsh!

Probably no need to play Lake on him, Williams could take it.

aker39
17-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Why are people worried about proving to others that we are a good team, and think that we need opposition teams to be at full strength.

Our objective is to win the GF. To have our best chance of doing that, we need to finish as high up the ladder as possible. Let's take every bit of luck that goes our way and make the most of it.

If you are not convinced how good our team is by now, then you never will be.

craigsahibee
17-06-2008, 03:27 PM
It means Ben Reid will definitely play - now there's a worse run up than Welsh!

Probably no need to play Lake on him, Williams could take it.

From what I saw on Sunday, there is no need to play anyone on him.

Sockeye Salmon
17-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Cloke has accepted his week.

Topdog
17-06-2008, 04:16 PM
He is very lucky it was only 1.

hujsh
17-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I think this early guilty plea is crap. If he deserves 2 he should get 2.

Same goes for the longer sentence if there is an appeal. They should be allowed to challenge without pretty much being punished.

Twodogs
17-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I think this early guilty plea is crap. If he deserves 2 he should get 2.

Same goes for the longer sentence if there is an appeal. They should be allowed to challenge without pretty much being punished.

To no-one will we sell or deny of delay right or justice.

Section 29 of Magna Carta. Magna Carta is the original document that our legal system is based on. Note the bolded word.

The AFL judicial sytem is a farce.

craigsahibee
17-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Section 29 of Magna Carta. Magna Carta is the original document that our legal system is based on. Note the bolded word.

The AFL judicial sytem is a farce.

Never did I think I would see the day when the Magna Carta was used as evidence in a footy fan's forum. Has the world gone mad?

Twodogs
17-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Never did I think I would see the day when the Magna Carta was used as evidence in a footy fan's forum. Has the world gone mad?

The bit that Adrian Anderson oversees has. If he cant see how vulnerable to appeal the laws he authored and introduced are then he's a bigger idiot than he looks. And that's impossible.

Borgy needs to sort him out again...

LostDoggy
17-06-2008, 09:12 PM
The bit that Adrian Anderson oversees has. If he cant see how vulnerable to appeal the laws he authored and introduced are then he's a bigger idiot than he looks. And that's impossible.

Borgy needs to sort him out again...

How many weeks do you think i would have gotten if he head butted my hip that faithful day?

Id be famous, no doubt.

Young Australian of the year atleast.

Mofra
17-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Groucho Marx once said that Military Justice is to Justice what Military Music is to music.

AFL Justice = Military Justice

Tugun Goalsneak
17-06-2008, 09:21 PM
This is good and bad for us. We wont have to worry about him on Sunday, but the media will come out and say the reason that we destroyed them is because he was not playing.

This is ALL good news for us. I had the privilege to sneak down to Melb this weekend and watch the 'dogs hand out a beautiful thrashing to the Lions. More of that later...... But it is GREAT that all the media and other clubs concentrate on how undermanned a side might be, because while they do this they they are not focusing fully on how tough and improved the Bulldogs are. Keep the smoke screen going I say!
Anyway, with a rush trip to Melb. on the weekend to see my kids and my grandaughter-to-be, I managed to sneak down to the "G" to watch my first game of the year live. What I saw impressed me greatly - confidence, desperation, versatility, and a lot of skill. I don't think I have seen a better-equipped Bulldogs side since the great one in '54. We have a side that is capable of beating any side in the comp. and capable of playing off in the big one. Note the word capable - another 10 rounds of footy to be played to get us in position to make that capability a reality.
So let's look forward to the next 10 games with great confidence, and let us hope that we have many opposition players missing to keep the media minds (an oxymoron?? ) diverted from hyping up our boys.
Finally.... May Callan Ward not play too much better before the finals. This kid is going to be a real beauty, but hopefully he can keep out of the spotlight for a few more weeks yet.
Go Doggies!

Twodogs
17-06-2008, 09:22 PM
How many weeks do you think i would have gotten if he head butted my hip that faithful day?

Id be famous, no doubt.

Young Australian of the year atleast.

He came pretty close to headbutting my fist is what I remember.

"You're hot Ando" :D:D:D

Sockeye Salmon
18-06-2008, 10:53 AM
This is ALL good news for us. I had the privilege to sneak down to Melb this weekend and watch the 'dogs hand out a beautiful thrashing to the Lions. More of that later...... But it is GREAT that all the media and other clubs concentrate on how undermanned a side might be, because while they do this they they are not focusing fully on how tough and improved the Bulldogs are. Keep the smoke screen going I say!
Anyway, with a rush trip to Melb. on the weekend to see my kids and my grandaughter-to-be, I managed to sneak down to the "G" to watch my first game of the year live. What I saw impressed me greatly - confidence, desperation, versatility, and a lot of skill. I don't think I have seen a better-equipped Bulldogs side since the great one in '54. We have a side that is capable of beating any side in the comp. and capable of playing off in the big one. Note the word capable - another 10 rounds of footy to be played to get us in position to make that capability a reality.
So let's look forward to the next 10 games with great confidence, and let us hope that we have many opposition players missing to keep the media minds (an oxymoron?? ) diverted from hyping up our boys.
Finally.... May Callan Ward not play too much better before the finals. This kid is going to be a real beauty, but hopefully he can keep out of the spotlight for a few more weeks yet.
Go Doggies!

You didn't agree with my thread on the '75 side?