PDA

View Full Version : Round 12's best 22 - afl.com.au

Mantis
17-06-2008, 08:41 PM
B: Graham Johncock (Adelaide), Luke McPharlin (Fremantle), Campbell Brown (Hawthorn)

HB: Andrew Mackie (Geelong), Nathan Bock (Adelaide), Josh Drummond (Brisbane Lions)

C: Matthew Lloyd (Essendon), Brett Kirk (Sydney), Luke Hodge (Hawthorn)

HF: Scott Thompson (Adelaide), Matthew Richardson (Richmond), Brett Deledio (Richmond)

F: Jason Akermanis (Western Bulldogs), Brendan Fevola (Carlton), Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle)

FOLL: David Hille (Essendon), Adam Cooney (Western Bulldogs), Gary Ablett (Geelong)

I/C: Chris Judd (Carlton), Joel Selwood (Geelong), Jarrad McVeigh (Sydney), Marc Murphy (Carlton)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the??

Does Matt Burgan have a clue???

http://afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=61607

Twodogs
17-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Not the worst selection-I thought that Drummond was OK on the weekend. Was one of the few Brissy players that seemed to have a sense of purpose and he looked really dangerous whenever he got the ball.

I'm wondering how 3 or 4 other other blokes in that team got selected though. David Hille was not the best performed ruckman on the weekend , Nathan Bock's opponent had about 400 shots at goal and about 25 back flankers/pockets had better games than Campbell Brown. That's just from the 4 games I saw from start to finish.

Mofra
17-06-2008, 09:12 PM
2 Bulldogs players?
Adelaide have 3 and they lost to an undermanned Hawthorn!

Scorlibo
17-06-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm wondering how 3 or 4 other other blokes in that team got selected though. David Hille was not the best performed ruckman on the weekend , Nathan Bock's opponent had about 400 shots at goal

I'd have to disagree with you here twodogs, Hille played a beauty, probably the best game of his career and Bock got 35 disposals playing from CHB. Campbell Brown is very overrated, Dale Morris is a better version of him IMO, especially on the weekend, displaying his extreme versatility on Johnstone.

Mantis
17-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Not the worst selection-I thought that Drummond was OK on the weekend. Was one of the few Brissy players that seemed to have a sense of purpose and he looked really dangerous whenever he got the ball.

I'm wondering how 3 or 4 other other blokes in that team got selected though. David Hille was not the best performed ruckman on the weekend , Nathan Bock's opponent had about 400 shots at goal and about 25 back flankers/pockets had better games than Campbell Brown. That's just from the 4 games I saw from start to finish.

I thought he was ok too, but Hargrave and Morris were better, and that's just from our game.

Twodogs
17-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I'd have to disagree with you here twodogs, Hille played a beauty, probably the best game of his career and Bock got 35 disposals playing from CHB. Campbell Brown is very overrated, Dale Morris is a better version of him IMO, especially on the weekend, displaying his extreme versatility on Johnstone.

I reckon I saw at least 3 ruckman play better games than Hille. However I agree it was probably the best game of his career. Bock's opponent kicked the winning goal.

And did Matthew LLoyd spend any time playing on the wing on friday night?

Twodogs
17-06-2008, 09:20 PM
I thought he was ok too, but Hargrave and Morris were better, and that's just from our game.

Cant argue with that. Though I thought if one guy was responsible for Brisbane still being relatively close until halfway through the third quarter then it was Drummond.

Scorlibo
17-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I reckon I saw at least 3 ruckman play better games than Hille. However I agree it was probably the best game of his career. Bock's opponent kicked the winning goal.

And did Matthew LLoyd spend any time playing on the wing on friday night?

May I ask which three ruckmen? The only other ruckmen who would even compare would be Huddo and Jeff White, remember that Hille played against Cox.

From what I've heard, Hodge kicked the winning goal and Bock played on Franklin who kicked 1 goal and had 35 disposals running off him. Lloyd played all over the ground on the weekend in Richo fashion.

Go_Dogs
18-06-2008, 10:31 AM
From what I've heard, Hodge kicked the winning goal and Bock played on Franklin who kicked 1 goal and had 35 disposals running off him.

Bock absolutely smashed Buddy all night and created a huge amount of the Crows play from the back half. Buddy could've still snared 5 much like he did against Williams but the honors easily went to Bock. Hodge also kicked the winning goal as you said Scorlibo. He makes such a difference Hodge, great player.

1eyedog
18-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I would have put McVeigh in the middle and Kirk on the bench, McVeigh was clearly BOG for Sydney he even got the majority of the coaches votes. Brett Kirk is overrated so is Campbell Brown. I would also have had Hargrave replacing Mackie, even though Mackie played well. Also, how Marc Murphy was not a starter is beyond me, he smashed Collingwood. The problems with journos doing this sort of thing is that they have they're preferred players to begin with and will chose that player even if another player played a slightly better game. It's all open to interpretation isn't it and no-one is every going to be 100% content with the listed players.

Rach
18-06-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm surprised Franklin didn't get a mention :rolleyes:

Topdog
18-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Anytime you see this

C: Matthew Lloyd (Essendon)

in the future just press the back away or turn the page straight away.