COLLINGWOOD v WESTERN BULLDOGS
Collingwood
B: Heath Shaw, Shane Wakelin, Tarkyn Lockyer
HB: Martin Clarke, Nick Maxwell, Harry O’Brien
C: Ben Johnson, Scott Burns, Rhyce Shaw
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Ben Reid, Shane O’Bree
F: Alan Didak, Chris Bryan, Paul Medhurst
Foll: Cameron Wood, Dane Swan, Dale Thomas
I/C (from): Danny Stanley, Alan Toovey, Tyson Goldsack, Nathan Brown, Sharrod Wellingham, Anthony Rocca, Ryan Cook

In: Ryan Cook, Tyson Goldsack, Anthony Rocca, Danny Stanley, Alan Toovey, Cameron Wood
Out: Travis Cloke (susp), Leon Davis (ankle), Josh Fraser (knee)

Western Bulldogs
B: Dale Morris, BrianLake, Andrejs Everitt
HB: Ryan Hargrave, Tom Williams, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross, Nathan Eagleton
HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy
F: Scott Welsh, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis
Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney
I/C (from): Dylan Addison, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Farren Ray, Peter Street, Callan Ward

In: Harbrow, Hill, Street
Out: -

Cloke, Davis, Fraser out is good news for the doggies.

LostDoggy
19-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Will Rocca play?

Mantis
19-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Will Rocca play?

You wouldn't think so.

If we keep Didak, Medhurst and Thomas in check I can't see the Pies worrying us.

LostDoggy
19-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Glad Davis is out, he is one of those goal sneaks who has a game once in a blue moon and it would be against us.

LostDoggy
19-06-2008, 08:08 PM
With all the players that Collingwood have out, nothing smaller than a 20 point win should be accepted by the team IMO.

Happy Days
19-06-2008, 09:05 PM
anyone reckon street hill or harbrow have any chance of a call up?

G-Mo77
19-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Games like this worry me. You look at the outs and you really think that we should breeze through. We played Essendon earlier this year and Llyod and Lucas were both out and it turned into how much we will win by not if we will win. I was more worried in that game with both of their stars out. Essendon really took it up to us that night. This game against Collingwood I feel the same.

I hope the team on Sunday does not look at who is in and out and over look this game. It is still a very dangerous game!

1eyedog
19-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Only if Gia is wobbly or Griff is limping

G-Mo77
19-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Street no, the other 2 it is possible.

LostDoggy
19-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I hope the team on Sunday does not look at who is in and out and over look this game. It is still a very dangerous game!

Yeah i feel the same...with the stars out teams tend to find a way to win..

As you said Ess game was a perfect example, they got a running game happening and we were challenged..im hoping we go in with the though they are still capable of winning..

Mantis
19-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Games like this worry me. You look at the outs and you really think that we should breeze through. We played Essendon earlier this year and Llyod and Lucas were both out and it turned into how much we will win by not if we will win. I was more worried in that game with both of their stars out. Essendon really took it up to us that night. This game against Collingwood I feel the same.

I think the team has matured and improved since the Essendon game.

This week will be another test for us, but one I'm pretty confident we will pass as long as we do the things that have made us a better team. ie. defensive pressure & winning contested possessions.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-06-2008, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=alexxx;43619]Yeah i feel the same...with the stars out teams tend to find a way to win..

I can't see the Pies troubling us this year the dogs are just so focused.

Rocket will want to go in flogging the Pies.

Bumper Bulldogs
19-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I think the team has matured and improved since the Essendon game.

This week will be another test for us, but one I'm pretty confident we will pass as long as we do the things that have made us a better team. ie. defensive pressure & winning contested possessions.

Agree that we have matured, they just look a fair better team and one not ahed of themselves. We would have the most consistent 22 going around at the moment,

LostDoggy
19-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Not too concerned even if Rocca does play.

I remember him getting a bath and chasing cheap kicks in the backline last time we played them.

And he was a bit fitter back then too!

Bumper Bulldogs
19-06-2008, 10:18 PM

I remember him getting a bath and chasing cheap kicks in the backline last time we played them.

And he was a bit fitter back then too!

i would love him to play, lake would run off him all day, just like the finals two years ago.

BulldogBelle
19-06-2008, 10:18 PM

Me neither - after a few minutes of running he will be keeling over with hands on his hips trying to suck some air in.

LostDoggy
19-06-2008, 10:36 PM

Though we did not go great against Essendon we still managed to win it by 30 points and I agree with Mantis, that we have matured since that game. So I think that their is not too much to worry about, though I would not to say that we are certain to win this game or any game.

The Pie Man
20-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Not a real shock I spose.

Rocca not ready yet
Sportal - June 20, 2008, 5:38 pm

Collingwood has left veteran forward Anthony Rocca out of its side to take on the Western Bulldogs in Sunday's twilight clash at Telstra Dome.

Rocca, who has missed the past three matches because of chronic ankle problems, was named in the Pies' initial 25-man squad, but was relegated to the emergencies when the final 22 was released on Friday.

The club had been hoping the 31-year-old could prove his fitness too help cover up forward for the loss of Travis Cloke through suspension and Josh Fraser with a knee injury.

Collingwood settled on three changes - Tyson Goldsack, Cameron Wood and Alan Toovey come in for Cloke, Fraser and Leon Davis.

The Western Bulldogs will go in with the same line-up that comfortably accounted for the Brisbane Lions last week

Topdog
20-06-2008, 07:16 PM
This should be a hammering.

dog town
20-06-2008, 07:33 PM
I would prefer he played to be honest. The unconventional set up worries me.