PDA

View Full Version : Training?

katemeehan
23-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Was just wondering if anyone can let me know when the doggies have training? I have an American guest at the moment and shes seen the last two games but cant see any more before she leaves, and really wants to meet Griff!
Do the players usually speak to spectators after training or is it still pretty closed off from the construction?

thanks!

westdog54
23-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Sadly its still closed off, Kate.

I feel for your friend, but somehow I doubt there'd be any getting around the construction people.

katemeehan
23-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Damn.

She'll have to make do with a badge!

aker39
23-06-2008, 10:59 PM
If you don't live far from the ground, I take the punt and head out there.

The worst thing that can happen is they don't let you in.

Maybe The Coon Dog will be able to find out the training times for you.

1eyedog
23-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I'd go to the ground and as you go in the gate turn left and park down the bottom of the car park near the goals. You can walk up behind the goals and watch them train. I have taken my young nephew there and Crossy and Tom Williams were there kicking the ball and Crossy said G'day champ to him. You can pretty mucj stand next to the gym, if Griff's in there, that'll get your American friend heart racing

LostDoggy
23-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Hopefully they open it up in July/Aug..or at least in time for Finals..

I wanna go down n see em train, i went pre-season and enjoyed watching em run around for an hour..

Theyll get big crowds watching during finals week, ill be there watching :D

craigsahibee
24-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Sadly its still closed off, Kate.

I feel for your friend, but somehow I doubt there'd be any getting around the construction people.

Buy a couple of $5 safety vests and you'll be ok. 2 weeks ago I walked in through the main entrance and kept on going and turned right under the John Gent stand and stood on the flank at the Geelong Rd end and watched training for half an hour.