PDA

View Full Version : All full members guaranteed GF ticket

aker39
24-06-2008, 06:53 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=62086

Upgrade and join the Bulldogs finals campaign

The cut-off date for members wishing to have access to finals ticketing is 5pm Friday 30th June 2008. This includes existing members wanting to upgrade to grand final priority packages.

Order of Allocation of Grand Tickets (should the Western Bulldogs participate)

The order of allocation of grand final tickets (as detailed in the 2008 Membership Guide) will be as follows:

1. Life Members, Past Players, Westerners, Player Sponsors, Top Dogs
2. Premiership Gold, Premiership Silver
3. Foundation Full Members (Social Club member in 2006 and consecutive years thereafter)
4. Full Bronze, Full Cheer Squad, Full General Admission
5. All remaining Season Ticket Members

Upgrades from Season Ticket packages cost the following: Adult $110, Concession $94, Junior $55.

Members wanting to upgrade to grand final priority packages can call our Membership Service Centre on 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47) or email it to membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

All members that upgrade and join priority groups 1 to 4 before our allocation is exhausted will be guaranteed access to a grand final ticket for the 2008 Grand Final (if the Western Bulldogs participate).
Full finals ticketing details will be provided in the August edition of the Bulldog Magazine.

Any members unsure of their current membership category can give our Membership Services Team a call on 1300 GO DOGS (46 36 47).

bornadog
24-06-2008, 06:56 PM
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=62086

The cut-off date for members wishing to have access to finals ticketing is 5pm Friday 30th June 2008. This includes existing members wanting to upgrade to grand final priority packages. .

Friday 27th or Monday 30th?

aker39
24-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Friday 27th or Monday 30th?

Monday 30th

bornadog
24-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Monday 30th

Just checking your post:D

LostDoggy
24-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Im goin down to the bulldogs shop on Monday morning ;) worth the upgrade just incase something special happens!

LostDoggy
25-06-2008, 08:38 AM
I wonder how much the club has profited from people upgrading their membership. I know it is disappointing that we havent achieved the record set last year but the clubs short fall may not be as great as it would have been, as it is fair to assume that a fair few people have upgraded due to the onfield success which may help the bottom line substantually.

LostDog
25-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Im considering getting the mrs 1 so we can both go

BulldogBelle
30-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Last day for Membership purchases and Membership upgrades. Get busy peoples.

gogogogogogo.

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Went down to the club this morning..

Upgraded mine, cousins and mates membership to Premiership Silver just in case something big were to happen! ($110 each)

A few ppl down there upgrading/signing up which is good to see

bornadog
30-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Went down to the club this morning..

Upgraded mine, cousins and mates membership to Premiership Silver just in case something big were to happen! ($110 each)

A few ppl down there upgrading/signing up which is good to see

Does that now give you Social Club membership?

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Priority in order

2. Premiership Gold, Premiership Silver <- me
3. Foundation Full Members (Social Club member in 2006 and consecutive years thereafter)

BulldogBelle
30-06-2008, 05:18 PM
13 members short of 28k at 3.30pm

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Priority in order

2. Premiership Gold, Premiership Silver <- me

Basically Group 1 get access to tickets via Ticketek/Ticketmaster on Monday, Group 2 and 3 on Tuesday, and the rest of the general access tickets go on sale Wednesday. So make sure you know your priority order and what advantage it gives you because if you try to go and get tickets when the general public are granted access your membership does not allow you to 'jump the queue', so to speak. It's not a magic pass, just earlier access to tickets.

(Unless you know a participating club president's daughter, but that's another story.)

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Lol!

Thanks for that Lantern, the tuesday ill remember to get em....if the unbelieveable was to happen

bornadog
30-06-2008, 06:43 PM
From Bulldogs website:

Members wanting to upgrade their membership to include Grand Final priority can continue to do so after today (30th June 2008) until the Western Bulldogs allocation is exhausted. No further upgrades will be accepted once the Club’s allocation is exhausted.

whythelongface
30-06-2008, 07:23 PM
From Bulldogs website:

Members wanting to upgrade their membership to include Grand Final priority can continue to do so after today (30th June 2008) until the Western Bulldogs allocation is exhausted. No further upgrades will be accepted once the Club’s allocation is exhausted.

This is interesting. How does the club know how many tickets they will be allocated for the GF? Isn't it dependant on whom the teams are before actual no.s are allocated to a club.

bornadog
30-06-2008, 07:32 PM
This is interesting. How does the club know how many tickets they will be allocated for the GF? Isn't it dependant on whom the teams are before actual no.s are allocated to a club.

Yeah, not sure how they work it out. here is the link

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=62431

JimmySewell
30-06-2008, 07:52 PM
yeah, got my family the $110 upgrade today, so i am safe !:D

cheers

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah better to be safe than sorry..

Couldnt imagine not being there due to not being able to get tickets..

You get Victory Room access @ Home games, TD aswell as a ticket to the doggies thursday footy show, so not a bad investment at all..

aker39
30-06-2008, 10:55 PM

My understanding is that both GF teams get about 8,000 tickets and then the remainder are allocated in proportion to their memberships.

Murph
01-07-2008, 01:49 AM
Upgraded to Gold about a week ago. Definitely worth the money, for potentially a once in a lifetime event

Madone
01-07-2008, 11:26 PM
I wonder what the final numbers were?

hujsh
02-07-2008, 01:12 AM

I'd be happy as if we broke our record again but can't be sure.

Also, welcome to WOOF

Mantis
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
So if your not a full member you have no chance of obtaining a GF ticket via the club's allocation?

aker39
02-07-2008, 09:49 AM
So if your not a full member you have no chance of obtaining a GF ticket via the club's allocation?

No, that's not the case.

The club is going to allow people to update to full member UNTIL their allcoation sells out.

But if they do not sell out, then there will be tickets left for non full members.

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 01:25 PM

Welcome to WOOF Madone.

For the answer to your question (sort of) see the news article posted by Coon Dog:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23955419-19742,00.html

1eyedog
02-07-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't completely understand the process to explain it to a friend. He has a LVL 3 general entry 11 game membership (the $165?) one and wants to go down to the club and pay the $110 upgrade. What category will that put him in and when will he have access to a Grand Final ticket? Cheers.

craigsahibee
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
It's going to be even harder to get a beer in the Victory Room now with the amount of members upgrading to Full Membership.

It might encourage the bosses at Spotless Catering to put on more than 2 bar staff at any one time.

More the merrier.

Cheers::D

aker39
02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
I don't completely understand the process to explain it to a friend. He has a LVL 3 general entry 11 game membership (the $165?) one and wants to go down to the club and pay the $110 upgrade. What category will that put him in and when will he have access to a Grand Final ticket? Cheers.

If he pays the $110, he will be a Full General Admission member and it will now GUARANTEE him a Grand Final ticket.

1eyedog
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
If he pays the $110, he will be a Full General Admission member and it will now GUARANTEE him a Grand Final ticket.

Thanks Aker39, I know you've explained this a million times but I don't read BigFooty, he's on his way down to the club.

Mantis
02-07-2008, 04:54 PM
No, that's not the case.

The club is going to allow people to update to full member UNTIL their allcoation sells out.

But if they do not sell out, then there will be tickets left for non full members.

How many more do they need to sell to exhaust there allocation?

aker39
02-07-2008, 04:56 PM
How many more do they need to sell to exhaust there allocation?

I don't know, but I would have thought that most people that were going to upgrade would have done it by 30th June, thinking that was their last chance.

Are you a social club member Mantis?

PS - I actually disagree with the extension. I know it may bring in some more income for the club, but if you set a deadline, than stick to the deadline. Does not set a good precedent

The Underdog
02-07-2008, 05:06 PM
PS - I actually disagree with the extension. I know it may bring in some more income for the club, but if you set a deadline, than stick to the deadline. Does not set a good precedent

Maybe they just changed the interpretation of a deadline for this season...

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Aker39

^^^

Totally agree! I fit going down to the shop in my schedule for the day to upgrade mine this week (Monday, June 30) knowing it was my last chance, the fact they are still taking them is silly, i can see its good for the club $ though.. but a deadline is a deadline

1eyedog
02-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Aker39

^^^

Totally agree! I fit going down to the shop in my schedule for the day to upgrade mine this week (Monday, June 30) knowing it was my last chance, the fact they are still taking them is silly, i can see its good for the club $ though.. but a deadline is a deadline

My mate is at uni and on a tight budget, he has not been unable to spare $110 until today so for the people who have tight strings the extension was a godsend.

Mantis
02-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't know, but I would have thought that most people that were going to upgrade would have done it by 30th June, thinking that was their last chance.

Are you a social club member Mantis?

Yep, have been for a few years now, but I have friends & some family members who are just 'regular' members.

Agree on your next point.

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
My mate is at uni and on a tight budget, he has not been unable to spare $110 until today so for the people who have tight strings the extension was a godsend.

Very true. I do agree that we should stick to our original deadline, but because of my financial siuation that would have meant, I would not have been able to upgrade my membership even though I wanted too. Because of the extension I should be able to upgrade my membership.

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm sorry but im a little bit confused. When was the first deadline, and what has it changed to now?

Madone
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Welcome to WOOF Madone.

For the answer to your question (sort of) see the news article posted by Coon Dog:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23955419-19742,00.html

Thanks Lantern, I read this article this morning and it basically told me nothing apart from the fact there has been a rush on upgrading to take out Social Club membership. I am a cheersquad member to which we will have access to finals tickets anyway. I was just interested in the final numbers of Match Day members. The Bulldogs site hasn't updated this side, not at 5.00 pm anyway, with any great increase in numbers.
All I really read was more the shifting of numbers than more new members coming on board. We can only hope.

Cheers

aker39
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm sorry but im a little bit confused. When was the first deadline, and what has it changed to now?

The original deadline to upgrade your membership was Monday 30th June.

But you can now upgrade until they sell out of GF ticket allocations

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 07:54 PM
I think it is a fantasic effort for everyone that could afford the upgrad has done so. Though we may not have beaten last years record if our revenue has increased due to these memberships I guess thats definantly a possitive for the club

whythelongface
02-07-2008, 11:08 PM
The Mark Stevens article quoted Dino Imbriano as stating we will get 10,000 social club members. Does the AFL know now what the allocation quota is?

I don't think they will know allocation numbers until it is determined whom the grand finalists are. Looking at previous year's figures it seems to be around the 12K mark (very rough figure) - thus meaning those that have signed up for a social club membership are guaranteed a GF ticket.

aker39
03-07-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't think they will know allocation numbers until it is determined whom the grand finalists are. Looking at previous year's figures it seems to be around the 12K mark (very rough figure) - thus meaning those that have signed up for a social club membership are guaranteed a GF ticket.

Both GF clubs are given a minimum amount. I think 8,000, and the remainder of the tickets for the 2 clubs are split pro rata according to the clubs membership numbers.

westdog54
03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
My Parents spoil me sometimes.

They knew I wouldn't be able to afford the upgrade, so they've shouted me the $110 just so I've got a chance at being a part of something special.

Aren't parents grand?

LostDoggy
03-07-2008, 02:43 PM
I just brought my upgrade.

hujsh
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
My Parents spoil me sometimes.

They knew I wouldn't be able to afford the upgrade, so they've shouted me the $110 just so I've got a chance at being a part of something special.

Aren't parents grand?

Or Grandparents.

gohardorgohome
03-07-2008, 06:09 PM
I just hope all of the Johnny come lately's fire up and become full members every year. The pay by the month option makes it affordable.

The Pie Man
03-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Or Grandparents.

The power of the pun is strong

hujsh
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
The power of the pun is strong

OMG i didn't even realize i did it

LostDoggy
03-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks Lantern, I read this article this morning and it basically told me nothing apart from the fact there has been a rush on upgrading to take out Social Club membership. I am a cheersquad member to which we will have access to finals tickets anyway. I was just interested in the final numbers of Match Day members. The Bulldogs site hasn't updated this side, not at 5.00 pm anyway, with any great increase in numbers.
All I really read was more the shifting of numbers than more new members coming on board. We can only hope.

Cheers

I am (or was) a cheer squad member but upgraded as there are more cheer squad members that spots - so it would have gone down to a draw - and I was not going to risk that:eek:

LostDoggy
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
On speaking to Dino this evening - our membership is about 300 down on last year's record number. Unbelievable when you look at the success we've had this year.
He asks that if you want a GF ticket get in quick. (Bulldogs sure aren't keeping a lid on it!) About 300 per day have been upgrading and the allocation will run out in about two weeks at that rate.