PDA

View Full Version : Sam Newman tonight

The Pie Man
26-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Anyone catching this? Could he be even nuttier than before? What was that crap about Richo and cocaine? Clearly a gag, but just weird and not taken all that well by the Richo man (who you'd imagine would have a sense of humor about most things)

Awkward, cringe tv.

Topdog
27-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Richo doesn't have a good sense of humour. Very defensive individual.

Didn't see the show though so can't comment on that.

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 12:29 AM
It was better with Billy Brownless.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-06-2008, 01:14 AM
It was better with Billy Brownless.

Billy's boring. He's not funny at all & offers no insight to anything. Dare I say it, if he wasn't overweight, he wouldn't be half the celebrity he is today.

Newman is a fool at times, but the unpredictability is far more entertaining than what the show is without him. Obviously at times he falls off the tracks and can make some strange comments, but with all that's been said/done, I still think he's entertaining and can be very funny.

1eyedog
27-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Billy's boring. He's not funny at all & offers no insight to anything. Dare I say it, if he wasn't overweight, he wouldn't be half the celebrity he is today.

Newman is a fool at times, but the unpredictability is far more entertaining than what the show is without him. Obviously at times he falls off the tracks and can make some strange comments, but with all that's been said/done, I still think he's entertaining and can be very funny.

Sam's an idiot and the show is a waste of time

bornadog
27-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Sam's an idiot and the show is a waste of time

It was actually better the last four weeks with Billy.

The best footy show is before the game on Channel 10 saturday night at 6.30

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 10:50 AM
The best footy show is when the Dogs are spanking a team by 63 points on the last Saturday afternoon in September.

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 11:06 AM

Agree, although you are a bit harsh on Billy. I think they should turf Trev and replace him with Billy.

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Turf Trev?! Sacrilege! :)

I would get rid of about four guys on that show before Trev.

bornadog
27-06-2008, 12:06 PM
The best footy show is when the Dogs are spanking a team by 63 points on the last Saturday afternoon in September.

yyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Been waiting a long time for that one:D

The Pie Man
27-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Richo doesn't have a good sense of humour. Very defensive individual.

Didn't see the show though so can't comment on that.

He improved (Richo) later in the show : 'Sam, can you give assurances to Channel 9 you're not going to flip out in the next four weeks?'

This following Sam drawing on Hutchy's bald nogen with a black texta - it was one of the more random things I've seen in quite some time.

COOCKOO

The Pie Man
27-06-2008, 12:45 PM
yyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Been waiting a long time for that one:D

Aye! I'm upgrading my membership today.

Mofra
27-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone catching this? Could he be even nuttier than before? What was that crap about Richo and cocaine?
Richo doesn't mind hanging out at the Boiler Room at the BDO, with an ex-Bulldog too.

Now that Sam is back, have to stop watching the show. Is would have to be one of the dumbest people on TV and ruins the show's flow with his constant struggles to keep track of simple conversations.

hujsh
27-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Agree, although you are a bit harsh on Billy. I think they should turf Trev and replace him with Billy.

I agree with you on Sam and Billy. Not sure about Trev though

Cyberdoggie
27-06-2008, 02:07 PM
He improved (Richo) later in the show : 'Sam, can you give assurances to Channel 9 you're not going to flip out in the next four weeks?'

This following Sam drawing on Hutchy's bald nogen with a black texta - it was one of the more random things I've seen in quite some time.

COOCKOO

making fun of a bald guy hey,

i bet that was hilariously funny. He's a comic genius that sam newman.

Just like the argument he is having with Francis Leach at the moment,
Sam's retort is "is that girl there?, Francis, it'a girls name isn't it......"

Personnally i don't hate sam, i just think when he's being a dick and making fun of people in a derogatory way it's not the least bit funny. The show works much better when they all get along and make fun of each other in more a jovial way, rather than calling each other names. Certain characters on the melbourne footy show just can't laugh at themselves, and the humour is condusive to it either. The sydney show seems to work cos they are all having fun and are not full of themselves.

After sam's illness i thought the show really improved, he was less cynical and more open to laughing at him himself, billy was even better but hopefully they don't fall back on what they were doing last year.

Mantis
27-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Richo doesn't mind hanging out at the Boiler Room at the BDO, with an ex-Bulldog too.

Now that Sam is back, have to stop watching the show. Is would have to be one of the dumbest people on TV and ruins the show's flow with his constant struggles to keep track of simple conversations.

And what because he listens to dance music he is a pill-popper?

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 02:28 PM
/\/\/\

Exactly right. The Sydney FS is actually so much funnier -- there just doesn't seem to be as much posturing and the whole bunch of them are legitimately great mates who like/trust each other even with all the crap they pull, whereas on the Melbourne FS you can tell that egos are very predominant and everyone is protective of their own turf, so to speak. That's what happens when you have board members/presidents running a show though, as they don't seem to be able to wear different hats.

There also seems to be a far greater desire in AFL to 'create controversy' or to push an agenda. This is also due probably to the negative slant of our prominent journos like Caro and Smith, where every statement is dissected to find its worst possible meaning and all their questions are always aimed at the negative.

(ie. Club President: "I'm a little bit tired today." Caro: "Is that because there is a split in the board and it's affecting your health?". President: "No, my daughter wasn't feeling well last night and I had to take her to the hospital." Caro: "So do you find it hard to balance your professional and personal responsibilties?" President: "I think it's a reality of modern life that there are many demands on an individual." Caro: "Does the coach think the same way, and would you cut him the same kind of slack? Do you think that this attitude is the reason your club is not performing to its best?" etc etc ad nauseum.)

The NRL's culture just seems a lot more balanced and -- for want of a better word -- FUN. Which is ironic, considering they've probably had arguably more controversial events than have the AFL.

It's like it's still a sport/game for them, but we've forgotten that. And forgive me for saying this, but the guys in the NRL do seem genuinely on the whole more intelligent than your AFL types. They are alot more conversant with things like tactics and international affairs (probably due to it being a slightly more international game), whereas we tend to be a lot more myopic.

Heck, Billy even admitted to being myopic on SEN this morning.

1eyedog
27-06-2008, 03:09 PM
It was actually better the last four weeks with Billy.

The best footy show is before the game on Channel 10 saturday night at 6.30

Agreed.

firstdogonthemoon
27-06-2008, 03:40 PM
(ie. Club President: "I'm a little bit tired today." Caro: "Is that because there is a split in the board and it's affecting your health?". President: "No, my daughter wasn't feeling well last night and I had to take her to the hospital." Caro: "So do you find it hard to balance your professional and personal responsibilties?" President: "I think it's a reality of modern life that there are many demands on an individual." Caro: "Does the coach think the same way, and would you cut him the same kind of slack? Do you think that this attitude is the reason your club is not performing to its best?" etc etc ad nauseum.)

that is quite funny - its just like that

Cyberdoggie
27-06-2008, 04:24 PM
And what because he listens to dance music he is a pill-popper?

i don't know about the dance music stuff,
but richo was always a big alternative music fan.

I remember spotting him at the bdo years ago when "at the drive in" were playing.
He was also wearing the said band's t'shirt. If anyone remembers them they are quite far removed from dance music.

The Pie Man
27-06-2008, 04:47 PM

I remember spotting him at the bdo years ago when "at the drive in" were playing.
He was also wearing the said band's t'shirt. If anyone remembers them they are quite far removed from dance music.

Yep, saw him there that year too. Pretty sure he's into his alt-rock. That was the year those f%^* morons Limp Bizkit pulled out of the Melbourne leg after Jessica Miccalef's (misspelt I'm sure, no disrespect to her) death in Sydney, and ATDI ended up clashing with Placebo, so I went and saw half of both these bands sets.

Chris Martin of Coldplay also wearing the same ATDI on stage mid arvo during their set (what a random memory I do have sometimes)

And anyone paying out on Sam, I'm with ya. He's totally lost it, every time he contributes it descends into farcical television. Completely out of touch

Mantis
27-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Richo is a massive fan of Kings of Leon, seen him at quite a few of there gigs.

The Pie Man
27-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Richo is a massive fan of Kings of Leon, seen him at quite a few of there gigs.

KOL are a cracking band

Gotta show some love for Lantern with the below - quality, and frighteningly spot on.

hujsh
27-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Exactly right. The Sydney FS is actually so much funnier -- there just doesn't seem to be as much posturing and the whole bunch of them are legitimately great mates who like/trust each other even with all the crap they pull, whereas on the Melbourne FS you can tell that egos are very predominant and everyone is protective of their own turf, so to speak. That's what happens when you have board members/presidents running a show though, as they don't seem to be able to wear different hats.

I think that was more the case when it was Sam and Eddie. JB doesn't exactly seem the type to take himself too seriously unless it's about NM in which case he has every right to defend it and Gary, well Gary cops a lot of shit and gets though it but can't be blamed for occasionally wanting to move past it (eg the stretcher)

LostDoggy
27-06-2008, 10:33 PM
How good were At the Drive inn! Relationship of command is a classic album

westdog54
28-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Yep, saw him there that year too. Pretty sure he's into his alt-rock. That was the year those f%^* morons Limp Bizkit pulled out of the Melbourne leg after Jessica Miccalef's (misspelt I'm sure, no disrespect to her) death in Sydney, and ATDI ended up clashing with Placebo, so I went and saw half of both these bands sets.

Chris Martin of Coldplay also wearing the same ATDI on stage mid arvo during their set (what a random memory I do have sometimes)

And anyone paying out on Sam, I'm with ya. He's totally lost it, every time he contributes it descends into farcical television. Completely out of touch

Michilak, I believe.

Agree on the general concensus here. Sam is past it, ATDI rock and nothing wrong with the Boiler Room.

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 05:15 PM
This year at BDO, i thought i saw Farren Ray in the boiler room! I wasnt close enough, and wasn't stalkerish enough to get closer.

I saw Matty Boyd and Tim Walsh at The Killers last November, definately them!
I accidentally ran into Tim while trying to get past- BEFORE realising it was him, im not that creepy!

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh, and on The Footy Show, the panels gone back to having no say or involvement thanks to Sams attention seeking ways.

I prefer Billy. At least Billy doesn't try and pretend he's something he's not- I cant count the number of occasions i've heard Sam try and belittle someone with his "big words". Pity he only knows about four.

BulldogBelle
28-06-2008, 08:06 PM
You should want to get rid of Trev from the show.

He often makes jokes about Bulldog supporters making them out to be criminals.

Trev is nasty towards us.

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 02:01 PM
You should want to get rid of Trev from the show.

He often makes jokes about Bulldog supporters making them out to be criminals.

Trev is nasty towards us.

I think he dishes it up to most of the clubs - gives Collingwood a tougher time than the doggies. I thought it was really funny when he talked about NM new ground and then showed a picture of JB's new house with all the NM portables around it.

bornadog
01-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Should be sacked, has gone too far. How many times does he have to apologize for the way he treats women and his total disrespect.

The Coon Dog
01-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Should be sacked, has gone too far. How many times does he have to apologize for the way he treats women and his total disrespect.

For those of us who don't watch it, what's happened?

The Pie Man
01-08-2008, 03:34 PM

Haven't seen it since I started this post, sounds juicy - what's happened?

bornadog
01-08-2008, 03:40 PM
FOOTY Show star Sam Newman is in hot water again after making a highly-suggestive comment about a female Tasmanian politician last night.

However Channel 9 has defended it's star labelling the backlash "grossly unfair".

Tasmania's Economic Development and Tourism Minister Paula Wriedt had appeared in a clip on last night's footy show to promote Tassie's push for an AFL team.

After watching the young mother of two speak Newman said "it would be worthy of coming on her".
He later tried to explain it as a slip of a tongue, adding: "I said she's worthy of coming on (the show)."

Channel 9's entertainment executive producer Tim Cleary said Newman meant no offence by his comments.

"There was never any intention to insult Paula Wriedt, and any suggestion to the contrary is grossly unfair. Sam Newman was simply suggesting Ms Wriedt should be a guest on the program given the news of Tasmania's backing," he said in a statement.

"Sam qualified this moments later when he realised he'd been taken out of context. Sam is horrified at suggestions he made a lewd remark about Ms Wriedt, and phoned her to clarify his comment."

Co-host James Brayshaw was clearly upset by the comment and took Newman to task several times. Newman then became defensive and said it was a genuine slip of the tongue.

Co-host Garry Lyon sided with Newman, but news reporter Craig Hutchison appeared unhappy with the comments, saying "that's disgraceful."

Speaking on 3AW this morning AFL chief Andrew Demetriou defended Newman.

"I think it was a slip, I understood what he said, I didn't take the double meaning in it, I understand why people might,'' he said.

"I know James Brayshaw did and he took it up with Sam.

"I'm starting to really in some ways sort of question if everything Sam said is going to be scrutinised and analysed, I think we are going to start becoming terribly unfair.

Demetriou said Newman went out of his way to stress that he did not intend the comment to be sexual.

Newman's comments come just two months after he was ordered by Channel 9 bosses to take a break from the show.

Newman was sent to counselling after he was criticised by some of the AFL's most powerful women for publicly humiliating a female football journalist.

He was urged to seek counselling after almost two months of controversy as he recovered from surgery on a cancerous prostate.

The former VFL star sparked outrage in April when he manhandled a lingerie-clad mannequin on which he had stapled a picture of a football reporter.

In a subsequent show he labelled a group of prominent women in football who worte a letter of protest against him "liars and hypocrites", questioning the role of women in football.

"They serve very little purpose at board level," Newman said.

He returned to the show in an unrepentant fashion last month, dressed as the devil and carrying a bible.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24111501-661,00.html

Rocket Science
01-08-2008, 03:42 PM

I'm no Newman fan, strikes me as a bit of a tragic figure to be honest, but will confess to watching last night and this latest 'gaffe' regarding Tassie pollie Paula Wriedt is a complete and utter beat up. Nothing more than a mistaken slip of the tongue.

bornadog
01-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm no Newman fan, strikes me as a bit of a tragic figure to be honest, but will confess to watching last night and this latest 'gaffe' regarding Tassie pollie Paula Wriedt is a complete and utter beat up. Nothing more than a mistaken slip of the tongue.

No Way, he thought he was being funny but he knew what he was saying Have another look at the tape.

Topdog
01-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Sounds like yet another non issue. Im sure the Age will write articles about it for the next month.

The Coon Dog
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM

Thanks RS. He's like a lightening rod as far as opinions go. Don't like him personally, but he can be funny. Pity he often feels the need to belittle others to do it tho.

bornadog
01-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Sounds like yet another non issue. Im sure the Age will write articles about it for the next month.

Well this time he has gone too far, what he said was disgusting to say the least.

LostDoggy
01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
No Way, he thought he was being funny but he knew what he was saying Have another look at the tape.

I agree, that was not a slip of the tongue. It was always leading that way, first he commented about the women's appearance then says it the right way and then the so called joke.
Slip of tongue-you are kidding me. How many slip of tongues does he have?

It was pretty typical of Lyon to sit on the fence about it again.

hujsh
01-08-2008, 05:14 PM
After watching the young mother of two speak Newman said "it would be worthy of coming on her".

wrong.

"She would be worthy of coming on"

The first comment he made was "we couldn't get her on could we?"

Maybe a slip, maybe not. Only Sam truly knows.

Edit: Maybe not wrong. Need a place to hear it a few times

Mofra
01-08-2008, 05:19 PM
If it wasn't a slip, he would be walking a fine line.
If it was a slip, he is as stupid as I suspect.

Honestly, the guy is slow. He struggles to keep up with the pace of the show, and if the hosts didn't feed him the pre-scripted lines, he'd be completely useless.

Scraggers
01-08-2008, 05:37 PM

I agree ... I've watched a replay of the comment a number of times now, and i beleive it was a genuine slip of the tongue.

LostDoggy
01-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I agree ... I've watched a replay of the comment a number of times now, and i beleive it was a genuine slip of the tongue.

If you watch the comment alone you might think that but the lead up is the key.
The original issue was side tracked by Sam because of her appearance. Say it the right way first then change it around to have sexual overtones.
There was a immediately a laugh by the footy show b0gans and a groan by a number of people other there. Brayshaw and Hutchison commented as well.

This guys has suppose to have done counciling, he was treading a fine line already, why did he head that way?

LostDoggy
01-08-2008, 07:52 PM
no judge no jury straight to execution.....everyone knows what he meant, to late to worm out of it now!! Sam has got away with his sexist overtones for years and it's time chanel nine did the right thing and put him out of our misery!!:mad:

Rocket Science
01-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Dunno, perhaps I'm easily fooled but he seemed at pains almost immediately after to clarify what he'd said, not in a snide, defensive or patronising way, but in a manner untypical of his normal carry on...Perhaps he was concerned purely about the trouble that might brew in light of recent events, but seemed genuine to me.

I agree in general he's a relic and serves purely to attract publicity, just like this, for the pathetic sideshow that is the Footy Show.

KT31
01-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Maybe they could bring back World of Sport or League Teams even the # wise men , Jack,Bobby and Lou
At their age it would be more entertaining than watching Brayshaw and Lion push their own club agenda.

Sockeye Salmon
01-08-2008, 09:10 PM
I didn't hear the set-up on the footy show but I heard a grab on the radio and it sounded pretty bad.

immortalmike
02-08-2008, 06:28 AM
He probably meant to say it and it wasn't a very good thing to say. But don't you think he gets unfairly scrutinized if some idiot stand up comedian had said it on another show (like Rove, Good News Week,etc) it would be a non-issue. Censorship is running riot in this country its kind of sad.

LostDoggy
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
He probably meant to say it and it wasn't a very good thing to say. But don't you think he gets unfairly scrutinized if some idiot stand up comedian had said it on another show (like Rove, Good News Week,etc) it would be a non-issue. Censorship is running riot in this country its kind of sad.

Which comedian says that stuff on TV?

Max469
02-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Sam Newman is nothing but a condescending twit.

He puts people down at every chance he gets.

And the way he speaks about women - don't let me go there. The only women who fawn over him are the ones who want to be in the spotlight.

Feel sorry for his kids for having to say that idiot is their father.

A friend of mine at work knows Sam and says he is a really nice guy - maybe he is - at times his heart is in the right place - but what comes out of his mouth spoils it for him.

Cyberdoggie
02-08-2008, 10:33 AM
If you watch the comment alone you might think that but the lead up is the key.
The original issue was side tracked by Sam because of her appearance. Say it the right way first then change it around to have sexual overtones.
There was a immediately a laugh by the footy show b0gans and a groan by a number of people other there. Brayshaw and Hutchison commented as well.

This guys has suppose to have done counciling, he was treading a fine line already, why did he head that way?

exactly, it was another attempt at trying to be funny but his pathetic sense of humour took control.

He knew exactly what he said. He made reference to her looks in a sly sexual way, then he threw the line out about her coming on the show, then straight after it he fed the statement in typical joke fashion, i wouldn't mind coming on her! etc.

After the response from hutchy who was clearly offended, and also james brayshaw, he pathetically tried to weasel his way out of it by saying that's not what i said, it was taken out of context. Absolute crap. I don't think anyone there believed that an sam clearly look flustered by the response.

Following on to that, i'm absolutely sick of the derogatory jokes he makes, he's got no other sense of humour than to make fun of people, oh yeah it's hilarious to make fun of hutchy cos he's going bald!, champagne comedy that is. And by the way dunstall looks like a monkey!, woo hoo that just split my sides, and if you watched the street talk segment afterwards it was the lamest piece of television.

after briefly tuning in when billy was on, i'll definately be turning off again now.

asta la vista footy show

anyway that's my rant,

chef
21-09-2023, 07:16 PM
Newman being a bit racist again. Colour me shocked.

jeemak
21-09-2023, 07:32 PM
He's incomprehensibly vile.

Why would a welcome to country piss you off so much?

Dancin' Douggy
21-09-2023, 08:32 PM
Would love that hear him say that to Polly Farmer’s descendants to their faces. What an ugly soul squirms inside that poor excuse for a man.

Rocket Science
21-09-2023, 10:04 PM
Impotent rage against a nation that's long left him behind. They're practically death throes.

It's over you pickled prick, you can go now.

Grantysghost
21-09-2023, 10:56 PM
Impotent rage against a nation that's long left him behind. They're practically death throes.

It's over you pickled prick, you can go now.

Absolutely ignorable withered old satirical gherkin.

1eyedog
21-09-2023, 11:02 PM
The welcome to Country doesn't brother me but the ease to which last Saturday nights pre-game moved from the tribute to Barassi to the welcome unnerved me.

Did anyone notice how production line it all was?

jeemak
21-09-2023, 11:11 PM
The welcome to Country doesn't brother me but the ease to which last Saturday nights pre-game moved from the tribute to Barassi to the welcome unnerved me.

You better not be suggesting that all of these elements are a box ticking exercise for the AFL. You better bloody not!

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
21-09-2023, 11:29 PM
Absolutely ignorable withered old satirical gherkin.
Beautifully put

whythelongface
21-09-2023, 11:37 PM
He's incomprehensibly vile.

Why would a welcome to country piss you off so much?

I don’t understand why people are so triggered by acknowledgment of or welcome to country. Acknowledging the traditional owners has provided more insight into their history. Surely this can only be good. Newman is an arse clown of the highest order.

jeemak
21-09-2023, 11:50 PM
I don?t understand why people are so triggered by acknowledgment of or welcome to country. Acknowledging the traditional owners has provided more insight into their history. Surely this can only be good. Newman is an arse clown of the highest order.

So I made the mistake of reading an article on it on FB and then all the other bits and pieces around it popped up in my feed, and there's comments sections aplenty where people agree with him.

People genuinely want to boo the Welcome to Country, and at the same time, claim that booing of Adam Goodes isn't racist.

It is comforting, knowing that as I'm going madder by the day, that people out there are actually going madder by the minute. Each day they're incrementally increasing their madness 1,440 times a day versus my one.

jeemak
21-09-2023, 11:54 PM
Acknowledgement of Traditional Owners is important. It's the first step and people carry on as if it's the biggest concession that can be given.

I went to an ESG conference earlier this year, and yes, it got repetitive and a little tiresome when every member of a six person panel across multiple panels in a day paid their respects to Traditional Owners before they spoke, but if that's my biggest inconvenience I'm doing pretty well.

azabob
22-09-2023, 08:34 AM
Acknowledgement of Traditional Owners is important. It's the first step and people carry on as if it's the biggest concession that can be given.

I went to an ESG conference earlier this year, and yes, it got repetitive and a little tiresome when every member of a six person panel across multiple panels in a day paid their respects to Traditional Owners before they spoke, but if that's my biggest inconvenience I'm doing pretty well.

In my case as a middle aged white man I don?t know what inconvenience is. I think I do, but I really don?t.

Grantysghost
22-09-2023, 08:36 AM

I've done it many times, before and after meeting Jamarra and his mum, and having a relationship there.
I can say without doubt that when I say it now, it's not just reading out some sentences that I knew were important, but didn't really understand on the level I should have.

Now I find it a proud moment each time I say it.

Many organisations have, in consultation with indigenous leaders, dropped the emerging leaders line.
It's past and present.

I think there's way to be smart about using it so it doesn't appear tokenistic.

EasternWest
22-09-2023, 12:39 PM
So I made the mistake of reading an article on it on FB and then all the other bits and pieces around it popped up in my feed, and there's comments sections aplenty where people agree with him.

People genuinely want to boo the Welcome to Country, and at the same time, claim that booing of Adam Goodes isn't racist.

It is comforting, knowing that as I'm going madder by the day, that people out there are actually going madder by the minute. Each day they're incrementally increasing their madness 1,440 times a day versus my one.

https://i.postimg.cc/Dzkv1HJk/images-10.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I've found all their profile pics.

1eyedog
22-09-2023, 12:43 PM
You better not be suggesting that all of these elements are a box ticking exercise for the AFL. You better bloody not!

They don't even do a half-arsed job pretending it's not.

1eyedog
22-09-2023, 12:45 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Dzkv1HJk/images-10.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

I've found all their profile pics.

90%white male 35-55.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-09-2023, 12:55 PM

And you watch how suddenly venerated the vile cretin Newman becomes, with production values by the same AFL crew, when he too one day pops off the mortal coil.

Axe Man
22-09-2023, 03:08 PM
Sam Newman Urges Fans To Boo ?Welcome To Country? Because Extensive Facelifts Prevent Him Doing It Himself (https://www.betootaadvocate.com/headlines/sam-newman-urge-fans-to-boo-welcome-to-country-because-extensive-facelifts-prevent-him-doing-it-himself/)

One of those weird TV personalities that Victorians insist are good value has made a clown of himself again this week, as the animated corpse of Sam Newman continues his decades long campaign against Aboriginal culture.

Despite everyone outside of Victoria assuming this old toff had kicked the bucket, Sam Newman has proven he is still very capable of making headlines ? as his manic low-rent sense of humour once agains veers on hate speech.

Speaking on his ?You Cannot Be Serious? podcast this week, the apparent AFL identity urged spectators to boo the Indigenous ceremony at the Grand Final at the MCG.

He then doubled down on his comments when invited onto 3AW radio by some talkback hosts who could not resist the dying media urge to platform his comments to the world, instead of leaving them to remain locked in the homemade podcast studio he?s found himself in after being sacked from every other sports broadcaster in the country.

This follows Newman?s storied career of ridiculing and punching down on Indigenous people, from dressing up in full blackface to make fun of Nicky Winmar, to aggressively defending the racist slurs that have pushed multiple AFL superstars into retirement.

However, today it can be revealed that Newman mostly asking AFL fans to boo the Welcome To Country because his extensive plastic surgery and botox regime means he can?t do it himself.

On top of his venomous and bitter vendetta against anyone who doesn?t look like a Geelong Grammar Old Boy, Sam Newman?s bizarre and narcissistic obsession with ?preserving his youth? with enough medical procedures to rival Dolly Parton is another thing that Victorians don?t really want to acknowledge.

And it seems like he?s finally reach the point where his creepy claymation face is now preventing him from taking part in his favourite bast time of booing Aboriginal people, and has instead asked the droves of blokes with no personality who view him as the height of comedy to do it for him by proxy.

Victorian Premier Dan Andrews and AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan have condemned Newman?s comments, but no one can really stop him, because Newman appears willing to die humiliating himself for headlines in an effort to build a legacy even half as memorable as the 11-Logie sensation Fatty Vautin who was host of the far superior NRL Footy Show that was able to entertain and amuse generations of Australians without feeling to need to make black people feel like the enemy of the state.

SquirrelGrip
22-09-2023, 03:49 PM
Do we really need to waste time on Sam Newman on this forum?

The Pie Man
22-09-2023, 04:03 PM
15 more years and John’s descent into whatever you can call this has plumbed new depths

I’m very nervous about the pre-game tonight and the GF.

The gall to label WTC divisive while encouraging poor behaviour.

1eyedog
22-09-2023, 04:22 PM
15 more years and John’s descent into whatever you can call this has plumbed new depths

I’m very nervous about the pre-game tonight and the GF.

The gall to label WTC divisive while encouraging poor behaviour.

It only needs to be heard a little bit to be disrespectful and if there are boos and this grows legs in the media look out!

jeemak
22-09-2023, 04:39 PM
It's got every chance of being a very very ugly month leading up to the referendum.

The Pie Man
22-09-2023, 08:49 PM
Relieved that was respectfully observed

Twodogs
22-09-2023, 09:00 PM
If I ran the AFL for a day id get into work at 6.30am. At 6.31 I'd be accessing the AFL life membership data base. By 6.32am the name John Newman would be removed.

EasternWest
22-09-2023, 09:00 PM
If I ran the AFL for a day id get into work at 6.30am. At 6.31 I'd be accessing the AFL life membership data base. By 6.32am the name John Newman would be removed.

Vote 1 twodogs.

bornadog
22-09-2023, 09:56 PM
Agree, **** the dinosaur, sick of this bloke and his racist views.

merantau
26-09-2023, 10:53 AM
What's with all the sunglasses? Every one of those bio photos, they're wearing sunglasses. Some coincidence, that!

merantau
26-09-2023, 11:33 AM
I listened to the radio interview that took place a day or so after his call for booing. In it he had the gall to reference the words of Lionel Rose after he defeated Fighting Harada in Tokyo in Feb 1968. Rose was asked what he thought his win meant for Aboriginal Australians (or words to that effect)
He answered by saying something like "I don't go for all this black and white stuff. I did this for all Australians."

However, it is totally misleading to suggest by implication that this was
an endorsement of the status quo. At the time 1968 was a time of worldwide activism and challenge to established authority and institutions around the world, particularly focused on opposition to the Vietnam War and in support of Civil Rights in the United States. The Black Power movement was gathering in the US and I remember well how this was looked on, and reported on, with alarm by politicians and commentators in Australia.

I can only imagine what the reception would have been if Lionel had come out with a political response that decried the lack of human rights of Aboriginal people, their disadvantage in all areas that are essential to living full productive lives, their status as 2nd class citizens in the land of their ancestors. He would have been pilloried. You only have to look at what happened to Adam Goodes and Eddie Betts in more recent times.
For some more context: Queenslander Elley Bennett was Australian Bantamweight and Featherweight Champion in the 1950s. He could not get free access to his winnings. They were under the control of the Queensland Protector of Aborigines. His family fought for years to have this money released after his death. I am not sure of the outcome.

'We are all Australians." is the catchcry you hear a lot. Orwell springs to mind: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others."

merantau
26-09-2023, 11:47 AM
Footnote: The tragic life of Elley Bennett.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/the-legend-and-tragedy-of-elley-bennett-australias-first-great-boxer-20100702-zu1o.html

merantau
26-09-2023, 04:30 PM
For anyone interested in learning about the situation of Aboriginal Australians in rural NSW in 1965 here is a link to the "SAFA Freedom Ride" conducted by students from Sydney Uni and supported by Rev. Ted Noffs of the Wayside Chaple.
In Feb 1967, at LaTrobe Uni, I heard one of the participants, Darce Cassidy, speak about it.

https://aiatsis.gov.au/explore/1965-freedom-ride