PDA

View Full Version : Game Day - Bulldogs vs Power

GVGjr
28-06-2008, 08:06 AM
This is the discussion thread for todays game and despite the Powers position on the ladder I think it will be a decent test for us.

I'm not sure how the warmer conditions will effect either side.

Johnson to get the first goal, and the Dogs by 38 points with Boyd BOG.

Last year in what was a good game, Hahn matched up on Chad Cornes and did a great job on him and whilst Cornes isn't in the same type of form, I wonder if that is back of Eades mind again.

The Coon Dog
28-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Dogs by 44 points with Aker to kick the opener.

Go_Dogs
28-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Minson first goal.
Gia BOG.
Dogs by 25.

Thankfully my exam finishes at 5.50 tonight, so I'll be home in time to watch.

bulldog
28-06-2008, 10:45 AM
dogs by 45 points
murphy first goal
welsh 6goals
coooooney best again

MikeSheahan
28-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Time for the Doggies to stand up here. Port have closed the books for the year, and have at look at those outs.....Cornes, Burgoyne, Lade, Wilson, Salopek.....gee, some quality or what. Dogs need to notch their first win over Port in Darwin and start to even up the ledger (5 wins in 16 tries). Having said that Doggies by 78 points tonight, and Scott Welsh to kick the first.

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Dogs by 24
Murphy to kick first goal.
Aka to be best with a few mercurial goals from the boundary..:p

wimberga
28-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Scott Welsh for the first
Dogs by 54
Aker BOG

1eyedog
28-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Bulldogs by 11 goals, team effort, Akermanis with the first major.

The Bulldogs Bite
28-06-2008, 01:29 PM
First one to Murph.

Dogs by 37.

Rocket Science
28-06-2008, 01:40 PM
An all-business Scrays outfit to cruise to a 47 point win.

Mitch Hahn with the first sausage roll.

BulldogBelle
28-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Dogs by 35 points
Gia to kick first goal
Aker BOG

Rach
28-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Big Will for the first goal
Cooney BOG
Dogs by 41 points!

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Brad Johnson to come out on the lead only to fall over trying to mark low down, ball spills to Bobby, handballs to Johnno who puts through the first goal of the game.

Dogs by 51 points.

Go Dogs!!

Bulldog Revolution
28-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Gee - we are a confident lot today

Here's hoping your premonitions are well founded

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Doggies by 78 points tonight

Heres hoping that ones founded!

bornadog
28-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Murphy first goal
Cross BOG

Dogs by 67 points

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Scrappy affair. Dogs by 8pts

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I'll say Dogs by 29- im hoping more though!
I'll go with... Morris BOG
Murphy first goal.

It's humid and overcast here in Darwin at the moment, i was thinking before how i struggle to walk around in the heat, let alone play footy in it!

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Im hoping the Dogs give the Power a smashing, would love it to be over 100pts, but im thinking maybe 73pts.

My boy Will to kick the 1st of many goals for the Dogs.

Gilbs to get BOG.

Im spewing i cant watch this game(said id babysit and they dont have foxtel, boo for that) but will be doing my very best to search for a radio and putting it in sen so i can at least listen to it.

GO DOGGIES.

BulldogBelle
28-06-2008, 06:10 PM
How long has it been since we won 5 home and away games in a row?

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 07:06 PM
The last time we won 5 in a row was in 1997,when we won from round 17- the QF, but the last time we won 5 straight home and away games was in 1995, when we won from round 13-17.

Max469
28-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Dogs by 24
Murph - 1st goal
Murph - BOG

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Dogs by 137
Murphy for the first of his 7
Johnson BOG

Mantis
28-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Dogs by 31

Hahn for the 1st.

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 08:15 PM
... Doggies by 78 points tonight ...

Now I know for sure you are not THE Mr Sheahan.

Dogs by 28 in trying conditions against a team with nothing to lose. First goal to Welsh.

The Pie Man
28-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Dogs by 137
Murphy for the first of his 7
Johnson BOG

I like this!

43 point win - Hill first goal, Griffen BOG (Hill maybe a big call if he starts on the bench - if he does, Murphy)

The Pie Man
28-06-2008, 08:44 PM

Was about to say earlier this year then I realised we only got to 4 - dunno, 97-99?

Rodan first goal

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I have just heard Morris is hurt. How bad is it, will he come back on?

hujsh
28-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I have just heard Morris is hurt. How bad is it, will he come back on?

Don't worry DG38 he came back.

Did give me memories of Griff Murph Hahn Darce Cross ect.

How about some of the goals we've kicked? Aka's soccer, Rays tight shot, Griffs two awesome 50m boundary goals.

Disappointed we let Westoff get 2 though

JimmySewell
28-06-2008, 10:07 PM
^^

Yeah, had my heart in my mouth when morris went down - but thankfully, he's ok :o

Griff and johnno have been awesome so far !

Akka, Griff and Farrens goals in 2nd quarter all in succession were bloody amazing !:p

Hope they go on with it !:rolleyes:

We owe Port a Hiding!:D

Jim

JimmySewell
28-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Geez the umpiring has been shit tonight ! Mainly in favour of Port !:confused:

firstdogonthemoon
28-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Geez the umpiring has been shit tonight ! Mainly in favour of Port !:confused:

disgraceful and pathetic

no really - that holding the ball on brian was beyond stupid

JimmySewell
28-06-2008, 10:40 PM
haha !

we just had a streaker ! And Fox kept the camera on him !

haha ! Funny Stuff !

Akka got a goal right on the 3.4 time siren too !

JimmySewell
28-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Akka is a Freak !

Kicked 3 absolutely awesome goals this game so far !:D

JimmySewell
28-06-2008, 11:12 PM
the most enjoyable part of tonights game is the physical attention we have given to motlop and david rodan ! Priceless ! really roughed them up and frustrated the shit out of them, and made their influence on the game ZIP ! Good Physical stuff !:D

CraigW
28-06-2008, 11:31 PM
the handstand returns!

hujsh
28-06-2008, 11:38 PM
the handstand returns!

Don't know what to say bout that.

So much for Motlop being the dangerman. Reduced to looking for players to hurt

LostDoggy
28-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Some Saints muppet just called up SEN and said that he's not sold on the Dogs because if the Saints shut down Aker with Baker they are a chance to beat us. Firstly, he's so dumb that he doesn't realise we've already played them twice, and secondly, he can shut down Aker, but who's going to shut down Murph, Welsh, Johnno, Gia, Coons, Griff, Hahn, etc etc?

Muppet.

hujsh
28-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Some Saints muppet just called up SEN and said that he's not sold on the Dogs because if the Saints shut down Aker with Baker they are a chance to beat us. Firstly, he's so dumb that he doesn't realise we've already played them twice, and secondly, he can shut down Aker, but who's going to shut down Murph, Welsh, Johnno, Gia, Coons, Griff, Hahn, etc etc?

Muppet.

Didn't he just completely miss the point of our forwardline.
"Take out Aka and you take 4 goals out of their score"

Take out Johnson, Murph, Hahn, Gia and Welsh and we might not even score:eek:

WHY IS HE NOT COACHING!!!

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 12:01 AM
the handstand returns!

We will hear about this in the media for the rest of the week. I was sad to see the hanstand go and I think it is great that it is back.

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Handstand -- clearly a Darwin thing. I don't think it's going to be a regular thing. Having said that, the Lions won three premierships with Aker's handstanding all the way through, so if we copy that run he can handstand all he wants.

There was a need to do the team thing and concentrate for the first half of the season, but I think we've clearly exorcised our demons and am able to just play footy now.

The Coon Dog
29-06-2008, 12:08 AM
we just had a streaker ! And Fox kept the camera on him !
Who had their heart in their mouth with the manner in which he went over the fence?

hujsh
29-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Who had their heart in their mouth with the manner in which he went over the fence?

When you think about things that have gotten caught in fences like that...:eek:

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 12:14 AM

Heart in the mouth and hand protecting my jewels in sympathy!! :D

The Coon Dog
29-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Heart in the mouth and hand protecting my jewels in sympathy!! :D
Yup & welcome to WOOF Sir Donald!

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 12:22 AM
Yup & welcome to WOOF Sir Donald!

Cheers TCD

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 12:24 AM
I just read through the match report on the AFL website, according to that Griffen, Welsh and Murphy were injured. Does anyone have some information on what happened and if any of them are serious or not.

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Griffen and Welsh dislocated fingers.
Murphy had a slight tweak in his knee. All played out the game. Week off should probably see them OK for the next round I would of thought.

The Coon Dog
29-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I just read throuhg the match report on the AFL website, according to that Griffen, Welsh and Murphy were injured. Does anyone have some information on what happened and if any of them are serious or not.

Griff & Welsh dislocated fingers, but don't know about Murph.

Actually I do know about Murph now, he had a slight tweak in his knee! :)

Twodogs
29-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Good win in fairly trying conditions. It was hot, humid and uncomfortable in Darwin tonight but the locals kept themselves well hydrated.

Gee it was like returning to Whitten Oval in a lot of ways. Very pro-bulldog crowd, grandstands along one wing and outer all around the rest of the ground. Cheap, crappy food that filled you up on sale at various points and you could stand right on the fence with a ciggy in one hand and a drink in the other! I spent most of the last quarter ripping into Tredrea for his cheap shot on Lake and no-one said boo! One of my most enjoyable days at the footy in a long time.

The locals loved Aker and when Hill kicked his second the place went right off. The sooner we ditch the Canberra game and get two a year up here the better, this place is ripe to be turned into a home away from home for us in much the same way that Hawthorn own Tassie.

westdog54
29-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Good win in fairly trying conditions. It was hot, humid and uncomfortable in Darwin tonight but the locals kept themselves well hydrated.

Gee it was like returning to Whitten Oval in a lot of ways. Very pro-bulldog crowd, grandstands along one wing and outer all around the rest of the ground. Cheap, crappy food that filled you up on sale at various points and you could stand right on the fence with a ciggy in one hand and a drink in the other! I spent most of the last quarter ripping into Tredrea for his cheap shot on Lake and no-one said boo! One of my most enjoyable days at the footy in a long time.

The locals loved Aker and when Hill kicked his second the place went right off. The sooner we ditch the Canberra game and get two a year up here the better, this place is ripe to be turned into a home away from home for us in much the same way that Hawthorn own Tassie.

I might have to make a road trip with you blokes next year or the year after. Sounds like a great night out.

JimmySewell
29-06-2008, 03:27 AM
Akka was simply awesome tonight !:D

Jim ! :rolleyes:

BulldogBelle
29-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Great Win in trying conditions.

Loved Akers soccer goal. Brilliant effort.

Both teams looked knackered at the end.

l wonder if the streaker left a testicle on the fence??

Mantis
29-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Akka was simply awesome tonight !:D

Jim ! :rolleyes:

What does this mean??

Your over-use of emoticons is getting on my nerves.....

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 09:20 AM
What does this mean??

Yes the excessive emoticons and adding Jim and Jax with a :cool: to the end of every post they make does distract from the threads.I thought it was polite for the first post or two they made but enough is enough.

Dogs 24/7
29-06-2008, 09:42 AM
What did everyone think of the result? Was it indicative of a top team beating an undermanned opposition or should we have done better as a few mates of mine indicated last night?
FWIW I thought we were right on the money and just stepped on the gas when we had to. Skill level wise it was chalk and cheese between the two sides and we were clearly a class or two above them.
The improvement in the defensive unit is particularly pleasing because over the last few weeks Hargrave, Addison and Morris have just gone up another level and Everitt is just about there as well. Even Tiller does not look out of place and Callan can't be far away.
The midfield has heaps of depth and our forward line spreads the scoring fantastically well.

With a few players due to come back competition between the players will only get harder which is what we all want to see.

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Agree that Shaggy, Morris and Addison have gone up another level. Still unsure about Everitt at this stage. Sometimes looks lost out there and his second efforts are often poor. Would prefer Tim Callan or Callan Ward at the moment.

Topdog
29-06-2008, 09:50 AM
What did everyone think of the result? Was it indicative of a top team beating an undermanned opposition or should we have done better as a few mates of mine indicated last night?
FWIW I thought we were right on the money and just stepped on the gas when we had to. Skill level wise it was chalk and cheese between the two sides and we were clearly a class or two above them.

I thought it was a very professional performance and something we as Dogs fans will have to get used to in the next 8 or so weeks. There is not much point running yourself knackered for 120 minutes so that you can win by 130 points when you can do enough to get a huge lead and then kill the game off.

The game was over as a contest after that 5 minute burst of 4 goals by the Dogs.

Mantis
29-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Agree that Shaggy, Morris and Addison have gone up another level. Still unsure about Everitt at this stage. Sometimes looks lost out there and his second efforts are often poor. Would prefer Tim Callan or Callan Ward at the moment.

One is injured and the other is a forward/ midfielder so we're stuck with Everitt for now, not that's a bad thing because he is just a kid learning the game.

The Pie Man
29-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Griff & Welsh dislocated fingers, but don't know about Murph.

Actually I do know about Murph now, he had a slight tweak in his knee! :)

Herald Sun said Murphy's injury was an ankle....not like them to get it wrong...

It didn't mention them in the game report at all, so mustn't be serious.

Welsh's finger looked wrong, pointing he wrong way..ugghhhh

Good win - Hill 16 touches, 2 goals. Should be an interesting tussle between he and Higgins once he's fit

What did we make of Tiller's game? Williams straight back in once fit?

GVGjr
29-06-2008, 10:03 AM

Liked his game but Williams would be preferred once he is available.
Tiller looks at home as a defender.

Mantis
29-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Liked his game but Williams would be preferred once he is available.
Tiller looks at home as a defender.

I still think he will play forward long term, playing the role that Welsh is at present.

He looked good on the lead versus Sydney earlier this year.

Go_Dogs
29-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Very consistent performance by the guys, although I thought our work rate was down on what we can do.

Ray played his best game of the year. His goal from the pocket was fantastic. Chased hard, used the ball pretty well and I was generally pretty happy with his out put.

Griffen was imo our best. Every time he touched the ball something good came of it, his defensive efforts great, his leg speed amazing, and to finish at that speed, very special. He breaks the game open, and is easily our most dangerous clearance player.

Cooney started the night on fire, being everywhere. Slowed a little as the night went on but still played a good role, used the ball and his speed well. Although Kane racked up a lot of ball, his touches were mainly under-pressure, and non-important.

Tiller recomposed himself well after his first couple of kicks were pretty ordinary. Looked a little slow to be on Gray, but rotated through a whole range of players and provided some good run and ability to hit targets from defence as the game wore on.

Hargrave helped set up a lot of play early on, and I thought Eagleton had his best game of the year just about, being all over the place and generally being able to use the ball pretty well.

1eyedog
29-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Very consistent performance by the guys, although I thought our work rate was down on what we can do.

Ray played his best game of the year. His goal from the pocket was fantastic. Chased hard, used the ball pretty well and I was generally pretty happy with his out put.

Griffen was imo our best. Every time he touched the ball something good came of it, his defensive efforts great, his leg speed amazing, and to finish at that speed, very special. He breaks the game open, and is easily our most dangerous clearance player.

Cooney started the night on fire, being everywhere. Slowed a little as the night went on but still played a good role, used the ball and his speed well. Although Kane racked up a lot of ball, his touches were mainly under-pressure, and non-important.

Tiller recomposed himself well after his first couple of kicks were pretty ordinary. Looked a little slow to be on Gray, but rotated through a whole range of players and provided some good run and ability to hit targets from defence as the game wore on.

Hargrave helped set up a lot of play early on, and I thought Eagleton had his best game of the year just about, being all over the place and generally being able to use the ball pretty well.

What about the bloke with the red hair?

bornadog
29-06-2008, 11:37 AM

I have been up there twice and agree its great going to the match and seeing the crowd up there barracking for the dogs. All the indigenous kids in their bulldogs gear, back packers on holiday going to the game, cans of bear instead of the rubbish in plastic cups and no one fighting or carrying on, just having fun and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Not sure about two games up there, the humidity is pretty hard and tiring on the players. The only disspointment was the size of the crowd.

Go_Dogs
29-06-2008, 11:54 AM
What about the bloke with the red hair?

He's not bad either ;)

I have Griffen slightly ahead as more dangerous out of the clearance/stoppage at this stage.

bornadog
29-06-2008, 11:55 AM
He's not bad either ;)

I have Griffen slightly ahead as more dangerous out of the clearance/stoppage at this stage.

Those two goals Griffo kicked were sensational.

JimmySewell
29-06-2008, 12:04 PM
[QUOTE=Mantis;45019]What does this mean??

Cool

will take that on board

Go_Dogs
29-06-2008, 12:10 PM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/PWIN/bulldogs.jpg
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/PWIN/power.jpg

Mantis
29-06-2008, 12:32 PM
^^^^

Made mention of the SC rankings in the voting thread, although these rankings can be a bit mis-leading in this case it shows a pretty even performance from the team.

Sockeye Salmon
29-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Who was no 17 for them? Gray?

Twodogs
29-06-2008, 02:29 PM
What did everyone think of the result?

Really difficult to compare it to most games. The conditions in the top end are so different to games anywhere else I've ever been. Makes it really hard to get a handle on how we played.

All I can say is we were obviously a class above Port.

Go_Dogs
29-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Who was no 17 for them? Gray?

Yes.

Bulldog Revolution
29-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Saw second half of 3rd quarter and fourth quarter

Boyd, Cross and Ray just kept running and accumulating

Backline looked solid, lots of options up forward (Still wouldn't mind a Roughead in the mix though)

Been waiting for Aka to kick one of those swooping left foot goals on the angle, as he did to end the 3/4 - thats the barometer of him really being in form. He used to kick those at the Gabba when he was red hot.

The Pie Man
29-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Saw second half of 3rd quarter and fourth quarter

Boyd, Cross and Ray just kept running and accumulating

Backline looked solid, lots of options up forward (Still wouldn't mind a Roughead in the mix though)

Been waiting for Aka to kick one of those swooping left foot goals on the angle, as he did to end the 3/4 - thats the barometer of him really being in form. He used to kick those at the Gabba when he was red hot.

And from 50+ metres out too.

He kicked some ...what I'd start to call 'typical' Aka goals last night, how good was the goal at the start of the last quarter? Don't think he even looked up to see where the sticks were, amazing

Very happy he's with us

hujsh
29-06-2008, 07:20 PM
^^^^

Made mention of the SC rankings in the voting thread, although these rankings can be a bit mis-leading in this case it shows a pretty even performance from the team.

I don't mind them because it generally shows how effective players are

Mofra
29-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Was impressed with Ray's run & carry, shows how good he can become (being a slightly bodied junior, he was always going to take a little bit of extra time to develop).

I like Tiller. He looks raw but attacks the footy hard, kicked long to show he wouldn't just take the easiest option, got a few touches.

Griffen is a star, no doubt about it. 12 months ago would've said Higgins is just about our best finisher, Griffen would he ahead of him now. Two criticisms of Griffen's game last year & previously were that he was the new Harvey (in that he was too hard to tackle and liked to take players on) however wasn't great overhead & didn't kick enough goals.
In half a season he's blown that theory out of the water.

Hope the people who were calling for Shaggy to be dropped earlier in the year wont be repeating the calls now. He has been fantastic in the past month, both playing small & getting accross & helping teamates out in the air. Simply dragging Gilbee away from the HB line doesn't work anymore because Hargrave rebounds too well.

1eyedog
29-06-2008, 07:39 PM
He's not bad either ;)

Ok, I'm happy to completely disagree with you on this:). I have Griffen at No.2, Cooney is after all 2nd in line for the Brownlow because of the way and amount of times he clears the ball, Griffen just looks better when he does it, but Cooney does it more and kicks goals. If Griffen continues to clear and carry the ball and kicks goals like he did yesterday a bit more often then I'm happy to agree with you

Rocco Jones
29-06-2008, 11:38 PM

Tiller wasn't great but with Williams being out we needed someone to free up Shaggy. Shaggy is a lot more valuable when he isn't punching above his weight.

I would drop Tiller once Williams is back as sides don't play with more than 2 tall forward options and if they do, it would be to their own detriment anyway.

Tiller looks like he will be solid at best and I don't see him having a long career but he offers us a safe back up option when/if Williams or Lake go down. Wight has play some good footy to regain trust again and Doogs is done.

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Tiller wasn't great but with Williams being out we needed someone to free up Shaggy. Shaggy is a lot more valuable when he isn't punching above his weight.

I would drop Tiller once Williams is back as sides don't play with more than 2 tall forward options and if they do, it would be to their own detriment anyway.

Tiller looks like he will be solid at best and I don't see him having a long career but he offers us a safe back up option when/if Williams or Lake go down. Wight has play some good footy to regain trust again and Doogs is done.

Fair points

Scraggers
30-06-2008, 02:08 AM
What does this mean??

Yes the excessive emoticons and adding Jim and Jax with a :cool: to the end of every post they make does distract from the threads.I thought it was polite for the first post or two they made but enough is enough.

Like Jim, I'm new here (thus the label of Rookie), but there is something i don't understand ... Why is there a limit of four emotions per post if you believe two is "excessive emotions"?

Surely the system would only allow ONE smiley per post if TWO were deemed excessive ... :confused::confused::confused:

westdog54
30-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Doogs is done.

Never thought I'd hear you of all people utter those words, Rocco;)

The Underdog
30-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I crapped myself when Morris came off injured in the 2nd quarter. he seemed to run out the game ok. Don't know if it showed up on TV but Lake's left knee was strapped from thigh to shin and he didn't seem to be moving overly comfortably. I saw him come off a couple of times in the first half and at a guess I'd say he needs the week off pretty seriously.
All up it was a professional performance without being exceptional. Think the break will help freshen the guys up a bit.

Twodogs
30-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Like Jim, I'm new here (thus the label of Rookie), but there is something i don't understand ... Why is there a limit of four emotions per post if you believe two is "excessive emotions"?

Surely the system would only allow ONE smiley per post if TWO were deemed excessive ... :confused::confused::confused:

Smilies take up an extraordinary amount of bandwidth, that's why they are limited. That and they tend to annoy me too!

Sedat
30-06-2008, 03:21 PM
The last time we won 5 in a row was in 1997,when we won from round 17- the QF, but the last time we won 5 straight home and away games was in 1995, when we won from round 13-17.
I'm pretty sure we won 5 in a row in 2002 to go from 1-6 to 6-6. That was the high watermark of the brief but golden Daniel Bandy/Nathan Saunders tag team era.

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Got back from Darwin 6.50am this morning...2.30am flight from darwin was horrid!

Overall a great experience - i recommend it to all, Darwin is a very under-rated place, the weather couldnt of been better. 31 32 32 over three days, their hot season sucks but dry season is top notch.

Tio stadium is also a great ground, i stood front row on the fence all night and enjoyed the spectacle of the Aker Show..

Didnt do much touristy stuff, my cousin was living up there so i got free accom with him.

Ill def. go again next yr if we have a game up there. Next holiday your thinking about QLD? Scrap it and goto darwin.. Outback Australia at its best..i wasnt expecting much but i had a good time. Oh and the nightlife? Pretty damn good..

Saw couple of groups of Port players after the game at the pubs we went to.. (Damn Brogan is big)..Dunno where the dogs were..maybe Casino? Didnt actually get a chance to go there but thats on the list for next time, and maybe Kakadu!

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I'm pretty sure we won 5 in a row in 2002 to go from 1-6 to 6-6. That was the high watermark of the brief but golden Daniel Bandy/Nathan Saunders tag team era.

Yes your right, I dont know how I missed that. We have won 5 in a row three times since 1997 if you incluse our current streak.

Sockeye Salmon
30-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Got back from Darwin 6.50am this morning...2.30am flight from darwin was horrid!

I was on that flight.

Twodogs
30-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I was on that flight.

Funny that, you were'nt meant to be.

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I was on that flight.

Haha where abouts u sit?

I was wearing blue doggies tshirt & member 08 hat, row 6..

How bout that bloke who decided to leave his bag on a random seat ;)

Sockeye Salmon
30-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Haha where abouts u sit?

I was wearing blue doggies tshirt & member 08 hat, row 6..

How bout that bloke who decided to leave his bag on a random seat ;)

08 members hat and last years scarf.

We nodded and said hello as we walked past each other!