PDA

View Full Version : How funny are Port...

Topdog
29-06-2008, 09:38 AM
when they try and get physical??? Some of their efforts yesterday were pathetic and Motlop in particular was an absolute disgrace.

In the last quarter they were all trying to have a dip and I don't think one of their players came out on top in any of the "duels".

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Motlop well and truly lost the plot. Hard fall from grace making the GF one year and then struggling to win a game the next.

Go_Dogs
29-06-2008, 11:25 AM
when they try and get physical??? Some of their efforts yesterday were pathetic and Motlop in particular was an absolute disgrace.

In the last quarter they were all trying to have a dip and I don't think one of their players came out on top in any of the "duels".

Motlop really just wanted to hurt someone, and it was lucky for him and whoever the unlucky guy was going to be, that he didn't. Had a dirty night, and Morris totally stitched him up early on.

As someone who sees a lot of Port, they tend to do that when they can't influence the game with their football. Dirty, soft tactics. I'd rather see someone put their head over the ball and prove their hardness, than a stray elbow, fist or knee.

Pearce looked as though he connected with a fist to Johnno's face, I think it should come under scrutiny from the replay I saw.

Tredrea's knee to Lake's head also looked a little deliberate for mine, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

ledge
29-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Rhodan kicking the wrong way and thinking he just scored a goal was brilliant, no wonder they lost the plot after that, how embarrasing!

bornadog
29-06-2008, 11:29 AM
One thing Port did do is win the contested balls for the night. The trouble is they turned the ball over to many times. In the end Motlop, Pierce were very frustrated.

Rach
29-06-2008, 11:40 AM
It was funny watching Motlop in that last quarter, but it wouldn't have been funny if he'd really hurt someone. He had a crap night and Morris did another excellent job!

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Rhodan kicking the wrong way and thinking he just scored a goal was brilliant, no wonder they lost the plot after that, how embarrasing!

Funniest thing ive seen since Browny celebrating Richmonds DRAW against us(yeah i know the Kangaroos boys did it the next week but im not counting them lol).

Cant believe Rodan did that nearly at the end of the game, didnt he wake up and realise which way they were kicking?

BulldogBelle
29-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Motlop absolutely lost it, he so much wanted to play well infront of his home crowd. The frustration set in and all sense and sensibility left his game.

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Funniest thing ive seen since Browny celebrating Richmonds DRAW against us(yeah i know the Kangaroos boys did it the next week but im not counting them lol).

Cant believe Rodan did that nearly at the end of the game, didnt he wake up and realise which way they were kicking?

I thought the way Johno rang over and had a joke with him about it - showed what a good sport he is and what a great captain he is.

Twodogs
29-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Tredrea's knee to Lake's head also looked a little deliberate for mine, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Very deliberate from where I stood and it right in front of me. Havent had the benefit of a replay but the poeple around me really gave it to Tredrea from that moment on.

Go_Dogs
29-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Very deliberate from where I stood and it right in front of me. Havent had the benefit of a replay but the poeple around me really gave it to Tredrea from that moment on.

It did appear that way to me initially - but I've never really seen Tredrea attempt such a dirty tactic before, so I was prepared to give him the benefit of doubt.

I guess a good indicator was when Lake ferociously tackled him to the ground not long after - he obviously thought Warren went in with the knee on purpose.

hujsh
29-06-2008, 07:12 PM

Up there with Michael's rushed behind only better cause he didn't know he was doing it