PDA

View Full Version : The Spirit of Australian Sport - VFL/AFL Documentary

BulldogBelle
29-06-2008, 10:30 PM
For those of you that have Foxtel - did any of you happen to watch the History of Australian Sport documentary on the History Channel this evening?

It was narrated by James Hird and it discussed a whole range of topics eg, the demise of the Fitzroy Football Club, the culture of the Australian people and how they have embraced football throughout it’s existence.

A whole range of interviews with many footy personalities eg; Jason McCartney talking about his burns that he sustained in Bali and how much time he put into making a comeback to play for the Kangaroos. Bachar Houli talking about religion and how important it is to his life. Adam Goodes talking about racial vilification.

Plenty of footy personalities talking about how they saw footy as children…Ron Barassi, Stan Alves, Eddie McGuire, David Smorgan to name a few.

The show lasted about 2 hours and it is being repeated again at 3.30am and 11.30am Monday if you would like to watch it. Just IQ or tape it.

LostDoggy
29-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Its times like this that I wish I had foxtel :(.

craigsahibee
30-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I thought the stories with little Tyler and Caleb were fantastic. These two kids have lost both eyes to cancer and to see their spirit was really uplifting. I'm sure both little boys have their down days, but when you think your own life is turning to crap, just keep those little boys in the back of your mind.

Well done to Jason Bennett and his production team for an excellent program.

It's great to see the efforts of players like Kane Johnson & Arnold (Tyler) and Cam Mooney (Caleb) when they give their time to these kids.