PDA

View Full Version : Rodan's "goal"

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 05:06 PM
This has already been mentioned on another post, but I thought I'd post the youtube link for those who have not yet seen it. Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa7R9xGDTCE

David is one of the nicest blokes you'll ever meet -- came now and then to Richmond AOG (the church I am part of) where he has a whole bevy of relatives; worked his butt off to get back from a bad knee injury he suffered a few years ago at the Tiges.

People use this phrase with sarcastic connotations, but I mean it literally when I say: Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.

Johnno's reaction is also gold.

LostDoggy
30-06-2008, 05:35 PM
I loved it, watched him kick and immediately thought.....DAMN THEY GOT ANOTHER ONE

....wait a minute.....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh and check out this, which will be on Adam Cooneys highlight reel for the rest of his life :D

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IwuQOFrOEkQ&feature=related

westdog54
30-06-2008, 05:40 PM
That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in sport.

Thanks for posting it Lantern.

MikeSheahan
30-06-2008, 06:22 PM
A nicer bloke in sport, you could not find on David Rodan. Johnno's reaction all class.

Twodogs
30-06-2008, 06:34 PM
It was weird. All I saw was a foot kick the ball and the umpire signal that it was touched and immediatly thought "Oh yeah who touched it, ya muppet?"

Then I watched the replay on the big screen and thought "Ooops".

Bulldog Revolution
30-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Classy finish, received a good round of applause in the pub I watched it in

Thoroughly enjoyed the whole bar singing the Bulldog theme song after the game at the slower more traditional pace

westdog54
01-07-2008, 04:56 PM
A nicer bloke in sport, you could not find on David Rodan. Johnno's reaction all class.

Farren Ray was having a chuckle in the background as well.

1eyedog
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I loved it, watched him kick and immediately thought.....DAMN THEY GOT ANOTHER ONE

....wait a minute.....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Oh and check out this, which will be on Adam Cooneys highlight reel for the rest of his life :D

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=IwuQOFrOEkQ&feature=related

Griff's work around Blake was pretty freakin special too!

LostDoggy
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
What a cracker, have hit rewind a few times, although as Twodogs alluded to, the goal umpire signalled touch. Shouldn't we have another signal if the ball is kicked through as opposed to punched or touched by the opposition.

ledge
02-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Well it was touched , by the oppositions foot, so its the right call.

LostDoggy
03-07-2008, 02:40 PM
The goal ump was pretty impressive I thought -- didn't even bat an eyelid and just went ahead and signalled (correctly) immediately like it was the most normal thing he'd ever seen.

1eyedog
03-07-2008, 02:53 PM
David Rodan should be drug tested immediately

westdog54
03-07-2008, 03:14 PM
The goal ump was pretty impressive I thought -- didn't even bat an eyelid and just went ahead and signalled (correctly) immediately like it was the most normal thing he'd ever seen.

Agreed, very professionally done.

ledge
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Very well spotted by the goal umpire, could easily have been sucked in, and just quietly probably did think he got it wrong for a split second when Rodan started celebrating.
I think the media should make mention and point out how good he was considering they hang it on goal umpires all the time.

BulldogBelle
03-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Poor Rodan didn't know what was going on I like watching him play and Johnno's gesture towards him as you said all class.

LostDoggy
04-07-2008, 09:25 AM
If that doesn't get point of the year I'll go jump

Dry Rot
04-07-2008, 03:41 PM
The look on Rodan's face is priceless too.

LostDoggy
05-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Lol - they showed this on Before The Game tonight in the Tool Of The Week segment

Wasnt the winner, the winner was Mark Williams cause he mentioned the segment after the game and that Rodan might be on..

He got the award for making his players run at training holding bricks

I thought to myself, He is showing them physically that they are holding up the ladder

aker39
06-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Very well spotted by the goal umpire, could easily have been sucked in, and just quietly probably did think he got it wrong for a split second when Rodan started celebrating.
I think the media should make mention and point out how good he was considering they hang it on goal umpires all the time.

I'd like to think the field umpire gave him a chop out by signalling touched all clear.