PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs 2008 Grand Final Team Line-up

becmatty
01-07-2008, 08:26 AM
If we are to make the grandfinal, selectors will have a tough time leaving out several players who would get a walk-up start atmost other clubs. A great problem to have.

The current side is awesome, but add club legend Westy, and young guns illiams andHiggins, and the side looks unbeatable:

Here is my best team...premiership potential!?

B: Morris Lake Hargreave
HB Gilbee Williams Griffen
C: Boyd, West, Giansiracusa
HF Higgins, Hahn Murphy
F: Johnson, Welsh, Akermanis
Foll: Hudson, Cooney, Cross
Int: Eagleton, Ray, Everitt, Minson
Emerg: Hill, Callan, Addison

Next in line: Harbrow, Ward, Street, Tiller, Skipper

Thoughts...?

Mantis
01-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Just a couple of points:

Atleast one of Addison or Callan have to play, need there hardness.

Griffen hasn't played HBF all year.

Saying that it's a pretty difficult task to fit everyone in, but hopefully something we have to deal with.

LostDoggy
01-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I would have it this way

B: Morris Lake Everitt
HB Gilbee Williams Hargrave
C: Boyd, West, Griffen
HF Higgins, Hahn Murphy
Int: Eagleton, Ray, Giansiracusa , Minson

I think we need Everitt's height down back.

Addison may be stiff but much wil depend on how Higgins comes up. And West for that matter. Injuries may well affect this too.

aker39
01-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Addison has to play

Sockeye Salmon
01-07-2008, 10:59 AM
I would have it this way

B: Morris Lake Everitt
HB Gilbee Williams Hargrave
C: Boyd, West, Griffen
HF Higgins, Hahn Murphy
Int: Eagleton, Ray, Giansiracusa , Minson

I think we need Everitt's height down back.

Addison may be stiff but much wil depend on how Higgins comes up. And West for that matter. Injuries may well affect this too.

Addison in for Higgins.

A lock down defender adds more to the side than another small forward/ part-time midfielder.

Also, I can't see how Higgins can possibly get fit enough to spend any time in the midfield without having trained for nearly 3 months.

Go_Dogs
01-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Morris, Lake, Addison
Hargrave, Williams, Gilbee
Cross, Boyd, Ray
Murphy, Hahn, Johnson
Akermanis, Minson, Welsh
Hudson, Griffen, Cooney
Giansiracusa, West, Eagleton, Everitt

My attempt.

Included Addison, haven't included Higgins - as I thought his form prior to injury was not as good as I had hoped for such a promising player, and come finals we need a harder edge. Higgins also plays pretty much exclusively small forward role at the moment too, and I think we have better guys there at the moment.

Everitt is the utility who can plug wholes back, forwards or on the wing.
Gia, West and Eagle off the bench add a lot of experience, and gut running. Westy can't quite get a starting place in my side.

lion in the midst
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Without doubt a VERY good side but don't you think with a thread title like you've got its getting way too ahead of yourself. :eek: Just a suggestion, there's a long way to go and I'd hate to put a jinx on it.

Best doggies team of 2008

strebla
01-07-2008, 11:40 AM
just one small point here are we all writing cam wight out for the season he is still on the periphery and will come under strong consideration each week

Go_Dogs
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
just one small point here are we all writing cam wight out for the season he is still on the periphery and will come under strong consideration each week

True, any of Harbrow, Ward, Tiller, Hill, Wight etc are all still good shots to get a birth in the team.

The Pie Man
01-07-2008, 12:30 PM

I think it's based on the ideal world (i.e no injuries) hence West's name has cropped up.

Have loved the bloke for a long time - being realistic, I'd have Addison in for West on the original lineup posted. Can't guarantee Higgins won't break down either, or that Hill won't have the dip in form required for Higgins to break into the side. Ray's playing well - I would've thought he'd be in trouble a month ago but not now (it'a long two months til the finals though)

If Williams or any other talls broke down, you'd look at Wight. You can mount an argument that Tiller has passed him, even as a tall backline option.

My team below

Morris, Lake, Addison
Hargrave, Williams, Gilbee
Cross, Boyd, Ray
Murphy, Hahn, Johnson
Akermanis, Minson, Welsh
Hudson, Griffen, Cooney
Int: Giansiracusa, Higgins, Eagleton, Everitt

Emerg : Hill, Harbrow, Tiller

I HOPE very sincerely Scott West breaks into that side before the finals and keeps his spot/fitness. Maybe for Higgins (Addison stays) or an injury or two (we've been very lucky thus far)

Nice side

1eyedog
01-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I prefer Callan to Everitt in all teams listed above, brings hardness, with Lake, Williams and Morris we have enough big backs and as I've argued elsewhere Everitt gets pushed off the ball too easily. In saying that it is my opinion that Everitt keeps his feet a lot better than Callan, so I'll leave it up to the powers that be to decide who they want, I'd take Callan though.