PDA

View Full Version : Johns does knee

ledge
05-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I just watched the Bendigo v Port game on telly and Johns done his knee in the most inocuous incident i have ever seen with a knee.
Didnt we have an eye on him at one stage?
Poor bloke had so much potential they say, but injuries have really played a part in his demise, would imagine it would be the end of his AFL career now.
Young Minson had his career finshed very early, i suppose Johns at least got a few games in.

Templeton31
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
poor bastard. its pretty cutthroat at AFL level and bad luck can be the end of you.

1eyedog
05-07-2008, 07:55 PM
I just watched the Bendigo v Port game on telly and Johns done his knee in the most inocuous incident i have ever seen with a knee.
Didnt we have an eye on him at one stage?
Poor bloke had so much potential they say, but injuries have really played a part in his demise, would imagine it would be the end of his AFL career now.
Young Minson had his career finshed very early, i suppose Johns at least got a few games in.

A Luke Darcy type knee injury like he did in the forward pocket down at KP?

GVGjr
05-07-2008, 08:40 PM
He has had a shocking run. It's a shame so many players just can't get onto the park enough to make their mark.

craigsahibee
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Johns had his chances and just wasn't up to it. A victim of the Windy Hill propaganda machine. Sheeds saw something in him that he reckoned he could cultivate and turn him into a league footballer, but basically he wasn't good enough. Good to see the Bombres 2nd's get smashed too. They are in a for a few tough years. Ha Ha Fu$%in' ha.

Twodogs
06-07-2008, 12:22 AM
I deadset thought the thread title said 'Johnno' when I first saw it.

I'm now going to change my undies.

LostDoggy
06-07-2008, 01:31 AM
;)

Might be time for some new glasses hey Carl? :D;)

hujsh
06-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Looked similar to Hahn's but without the hyper extension that made it look horrible

LostDoggy
06-07-2008, 11:05 AM
I feel for the lad and hate to see any player go down with an injury, especially serious ones and a knee at that.
However I don't think this is the most inocuous incident I have ever seen with a knee.
Remember back to Michael Long, did it just kicking the ball, no tackle, no pressure, nothing, scary.

wb_age
06-07-2008, 11:15 AM

So did I!
My heart just sank, you bastard!!

ledge
06-07-2008, 12:22 PM
So did I!
My heart just sank, you bastard!!

I am not a bastard but that is funny.

1eyedog
06-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Not much in it, forward landing and tried to turn in a marking contest did he do it landing or turning? Hard to tell. Probably ruptured landing then exploded while turning.

The Pie Man
06-07-2008, 09:02 PM
Johns had his chances and just wasn't up to it. A victim of the Windy Hill propaganda machine. Sheeds saw something in him that he reckoned he could cultivate and turn him into a league footballer, but basically he wasn't good enough. Good to see the Bombres 2nd's get smashed too. They are in a for a few tough years. Ha Ha Fu$%in' ha.

Spoke to two Essendon mates about this on Saturday night, none of them were upset about it. Both said he was a very good example of why Sheedy had to go, he made up his mind Johns would make it and ignored all the signs that it wasn't going to happen.

Booming kick though - I felt for Tim Walsh when he did his knee, he could've been something.

hujsh
07-07-2008, 02:41 AM
I vote the tread name be changed to Courtney does knee.

Johns gets me every time