PDA

View Full Version : Hall suspended by AFL & Club

aker39
07-07-2008, 03:45 PM
Hall copped 2 weeks by MRP, reduced to 1 with guilty plea.

But Hall has been stood down by the swans indefinetly. Apparantly by the players.

Hopefully they keep him out for 4 weeks.;)

Topdog
07-07-2008, 04:48 PM
**** that is huge news by the Swans. Very strong statement.

Sedat
07-07-2008, 04:55 PM
On field, he's been a liability for the club since his woeful 2006 GF performance. They arguably played better without him in the side for the 7 weeks he was out. Smart PR move all the same by Sydney.

GVGjr
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Do you think we would act as strongly as this if we had a similar type of issue?
I suspect that the Swans fans will not get too concerned about this but I would think Bulldogs fans would take the club to task if they suspended an equally high profile player.
I believe a lot of fans think they should not be penalised and that the players should just be find but still be available to play.

Rach
07-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Barry Hall definitely has a short fuse in his brain somewhere. Good player though, when he's not busy being angry and giving away stupid free kicks.

BulldogBelle
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Barry Hall definitely has a short fuse in his brain somewhere. Good player though, when he's not busy being angry and giving away stupid free kicks.

Prior to his Staker punch he had been fairly quiet for a couple of years. Media reports and Roos mentioning on tv that he has some personal problems which have contributed to his behaviour, still no excuse. Good player just has to get his house in order.

LostDoggy
07-07-2008, 10:12 PM
1 week is BS whether or not he hit him. To me the intent was there which should be as bad a hit someone flush.

Swans will rest him for a week and he'll be back next.

Go_Dogs
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I have a feeling it's going to be a big year for power forwards moving. This seems to me to be enough to mark Hall's exit from the Swans - who will now look to Fevola.

Brown is also increasingly likely to seek a move to Collingwood from what I hear...

LostDoggy
08-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Do you think we would act as strongly as this if we had a similar type of issue?
I suspect that the Swans fans will not get too concerned about this but I would think Bulldogs fans would take the club to task if they suspended an equally high profile player.
I believe a lot of fans think they should not be penalised and that the players should just be find but still be available to play.

I'm not sure, Gary.. we have had very, very high standards set at the club by the type of leaders we've had in the last ten-fifteen years, and many of our (non-western suburban) fans were attracted to the club because of our good reputation and community focus.

Barry's problems are not a one-off. If it were the first time I would think that the Swans (or the Dogs, as it were in your hypothetical) may have been a little bit harsh, but he is clearly having problems beyond the simplistic explanation of 'thug' (most of our 'champions' in footy folklore would have qualified for that term by today's standards).

The Swans have stood Barry down for his own good more than anything else, if you read the actual statement and listen to Roos (instead of the hysterical report on commercial news). If the Dogs dropped a player for HIS OWN welfare, most of us would be supportive, I'm sure.

ledge
08-07-2008, 12:44 PM
I am wondering whether its more because of the trouble with his girlfriend.
I do believe its to do more with his personal problems Roos has stood him down more than that incident.
He is definitley angry and at the short fuse at the moment.
But to be honest i do think last weeks indiscretion was more a quick push away than a deadset punch in the face and Wakelin milked it big time , he probably feels a little guilty for the hype its made.