PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new sponsor

aker39
15-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Just heard on the news that Lease Plan will no longer be our major sponsor after 2008.

Throughandthrough
15-07-2008, 11:17 AM
OK, been a great partnership through mainly thin, but surely it will be wasier to get a sponsor now we are at the top of the ladder vs the bottom.

But sadly the tough(ish) economic times wont help.

D Smorgon, so your stuff! (again)

And big cheers to Leaseplan for all past support.

craigsahibee
15-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Just heard on the news that Lease Plan will no longer be our major sponsor after 2008.

Great. Only weeks after I bought a club top with a leaseplan badge on it.

strebla
15-07-2008, 12:03 PM

Don't worry craig i still have FFc tops it will just show in years to come how long you have supported the doggies

The Coon Dog
15-07-2008, 02:01 PM
http://www.leaseplan.fi/File/3b4a6429-b8ac-46ed-b18d-5c56e18a4be3/logo.jpg
THANK YOU!!

LeasePlan stands down as Western Bulldogs' major sponsor (http://www.leaseplan.com.au/media_pdfs/LeasePlan_WB_MediaRls_FINAL_July08.pdf)

BulldogBelle
15-07-2008, 04:30 PM
looks like someone stuffed up the media release. The names and phone numbers at the bottom were supposed to be deleted!!

Thanks Leaseplan!!!

1eyedog
15-07-2008, 05:02 PM

Yep, bought a $90 hoodie two weeks ago, ah well back to the Bulldogs shop.

LostDoggy
15-07-2008, 05:23 PM
this is strange 2 days ago I was saying that i doubted that Lease Plan would be our sponsors for much longer. I guess I will have to buy a new jumper next year.

Over the last 6 years Lease Plan has been great to us and I thank them or that.

craigsahibee
15-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Yep, bought a $90 hoodie two weeks ago, ah well back to the Bulldogs shop.

Navy Blue one? They do look good though.

craigsahibee
15-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Don't worry craig i still have FFc tops it will just show in years to come how long you have supported the doggies

I was considering leasing a car with LeasePlan but the boss at work said it wasn't an option to employees on my level.

Does anyone else feel a sense of loyalty towards those companis that sponsor us?

I actually refinanced my mortgage because of Wizard's sponsorship of Collingwood. I couldn't sleep knowing that in some miniscule way I may have been contributing towards Collingwood's financial success. Interest rates may have also played a part in the decision.

I went through a period in the 80's when I would only wear Eastcoast Jeans and those windcheaters with the sleeves cut off.

I could never convince my parents to buy a Pyrox heater.

KB Draught....... Dad has always been a proud Bulldog but even he would draw the line at some beer.

:)

1eyedog
15-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Navy Blue one? They do look good though.

Yeah a navy blue one, they're pretty snazzy.

strebla
16-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I was considering leasing a car with LeasePlan but the boss at work said it wasn't an option to employees on my level.

Does anyone else feel a sense of loyalty towards those companis that sponsor us?

I actually refinanced my mortgage because of Wizard's sponsorship of Collingwood. I couldn't sleep knowing that in some miniscule way I may have been contributing towards Collingwood's financial success. Interest rates may have also played a part in the decision.

I went through a period in the 80's when I would only wear Eastcoast Jeans and those windcheaters with the sleeves cut off.

I could never convince my parents to buy a Pyrox heater.

KB Draught....... Dad has always been a proud Bulldog but even he would draw the line at some beer.

I remember when vodaphone were our sponser i refused to get a mobile for years but when vodaphone singed up so did i vodaphone dumped the doggies i dumped vodaphone

Sockeye Salmon
16-07-2008, 12:33 AM
I painted my whole house with Dulux paint.

We got a whole bunch of vouchers with our membership one year. I know I got a good deal on car insurance through it.

The Pie Man
16-07-2008, 09:19 AM

I still laugh everytime I see an old clip of Mick Malthouse wearing some Eastcoast gear.

I nearly bought a training top the other day, will now wait for next year for that doozy. I bought a heritage guernsey against Richmond in 05, anytime I wear it I look at the date on the badge I think of Boyd's goal just before 3 quarter time. Grouse memory

Hopefully they can package the sponsorhip with naming rights to Whitten Oval, would be a purty sweet deal fo any savvy investor - at least I optimistically think so

cinder
16-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Disappointing about LP ... :S not really what we needed with the low memberships we already have in 2008.
Let's hope we can get a good one and soon!

The Pie Man
16-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Have Holden ever sponsored a VFL/AFL team? I figure with Ford sponsoring Geelong, it clearly doesn't infringe on any agreement Toyota have on their deal with the AFL.

I'm not a car fella either, but it might be worth exploring

westdog54
16-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Have Holden ever sponsored a VFL/AFL team? I figure with Ford sponsoring Geelong, it clearly doesn't infringe on any agreement Toyota have on their deal with the AFL.

I'm not a car fella either, but it might be worth exploring

I think in the case of Ford/Geelong, the league took into account the long association Ford have had with both the club and Geelong in general. If Holden were to jump on board now I'm not sure it would go down too well.

Before anyone mentions Lexus and Collingwood, Lexus is owned by Toyota.

Sockeye Salmon
16-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I think in the case of Ford/Geelong, the league took into account the long association Ford have had with both the club and Geelong in general. If Holden were to jump on board now I'm not sure it would go down too well.

What about Mazda and Hyundai?

bornadog
16-07-2008, 06:14 PM

Well we can approach Toyota as well and instead of the Lexus centre, we can have the Yaris Centre:D

The Pie Man
16-07-2008, 07:09 PM
think of the target market for blokey Holden cars, particularly utes - the dogs would be perfect. We can train at the Rodeo centre of excellence. Is it fair to say a large chunk of dogs fans in the west are tradees who dig their utes? I hope that's not viewed as an over generalisation, just what I think is probably true (and not a bad thing anyway)

Who else would we like to see sponsor us?

Beer's probably out of the question....oh maybe not, but I doubt it.

Insurance companies?

Home builders? New estates out in the west may need more awareness, Dogs would be ideal.

Or is there a particular logo we'd just love to see on our guernsey/training tops, that we just think would look cool?

westdog54
16-07-2008, 07:15 PM
What about Mazda and Hyundai?

Pretty sure they were around before Toyota and the AFL's partnership, in Hyundai's case they've been supporting the Blues for about 10 years or so.

craigsahibee
16-07-2008, 07:34 PM
think of the target market for blokey Holden cars, particularly utes - the dogs would be perfect. We can train at the Rodeo centre of excellence. Is it fair to say a large chunk of dogs fans in the west are tradees who dig their utes? I hope that's not viewed as an over generalisation, just what I think is probably true (and not a bad thing anyway)

Who else would we like to see sponsor us?

Beer's probably out of the question....oh maybe not, but I doubt it.

Insurance companies?

Home builders? New estates out in the west may need more awareness, Dogs would be ideal.

Or is there a particular logo we'd just love to see on our guernsey/training tops, that we just think would look cool?

The Microsoft Western Bulldogs welcome you to the Vista ELC.

The Umpires can have Playstation on their backs, we can have Xbox360.

Scraggers
16-07-2008, 08:59 PM
What about the biggest business in the world ... Coca Cola ... their colours match two of ours ??

LostDoggy
16-07-2008, 09:51 PM
KFC - same colours as us. Although don't know how I would feel with the Colonel running around on the players backs:eek:

Madone
16-07-2008, 10:22 PM
I wondered why the training tops are on special. Trying to divest the LP branded ones before they are stuck with them

Crizza
17-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I have all ways thought is makes good business sense for a company with the same colours as ours to sponsor us, someone like AXA, ampol, mobil, valvoline, pepsi, k mart - this might open up good potential for some special jumpers / promotions that match both of our brands colours. Increase recognition and awareness etc.

Dancin' Douggy
17-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Mack Trucks.

LostDoggy
17-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Mack Trucks.

And Hahn could be the face of the advertising.

Dancin' Douggy
17-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Bloody oath he could

strebla
17-07-2008, 03:30 PM
And Hahn could be the face of the advertising.

He may make the truck look like a ute though

I like the idea of toyota now that they are building the new hybrid cars in altona we could be the enviro dogs

BulldogBelle
18-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Hahn Premium Beer with Mitch as the spokesman.

LostDoggy
18-07-2008, 01:05 AM
How about Virgin Blue?
Their planes are red, white and blue.
Richard Branson seems like an approachable bloke..
What are your thoughts?

ledge
18-07-2008, 01:10 AM
What about Gates he stepped down fom his microsoft job, he must need a hobby in our winter.

The Pie Man
18-07-2008, 09:15 AM
How about Virgin Blue?
Their planes are red, white and blue.
Richard Branson seems like an approachable bloke..
What are your thoughts?

I reckon this has legs

Dancin' Douggy
18-07-2008, 11:54 AM
No takers for Mack Trucks? They've got that great Bulldog logo. They're a strong powerful Working mans product, and a lot of locals in the Yarraville area really LOVE trucks.

craigsahibee
18-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Aker's Shanghai proposal may yet still eventuate if we look to China for sponsorship dollars!;)

Happy Days
18-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I think Whiskas should sponsor for comedy value.

The Underdog
18-07-2008, 02:36 PM
KFC - same colours as us. Although don't know how I would feel with the Colonel running around on the players backs:eek:

I refuse to buy Melbourne Victory apparel with a KFC logo, I would feel similiarly if they sponsored the Bulldogs. It'd be awesome to have a clean jumper but that would never happen as we need the money to come from somewhere. Hopefully we aren't just willing to hock ourselves to any ethically challenged business with the cash. Choose wisely Cam...

ledge
18-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Has anyone heard of any company or business Cam is sniffing around?

Crizza
18-07-2008, 04:00 PM
I know i said earlier that a business with our colours would be great; but i just went to the new trading post site - they now do auctions trying to compete with eBay. And the Trading Post currently have a 2008 signed Bulldogs jumper for auction, and given their need to increase awareness of the new auctions website; what better than through us, a team in the largest marketing game of them all. Trading Post an Aussie Icon for our boys.

Dry Rot
18-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Has anyone heard of any company or business Cam is sniffing around?

I wish him luck - this has to be one of the worst and hardest times to find a new sponsor in the last twenty years.

Very bad timing for us IMO.

Dancin' Douggy
18-07-2008, 09:22 PM
I refuse to buy Melbourne Victory apparel with a KFC logo, I would feel similiarly if they sponsored the Bulldogs. It'd be awesome to have a clean jumper but that would never happen as we need the money to come from somewhere. Hopefully we aren't just willing to hock ourselves to any ethically challenged business with the cash. Choose wisely Cam...

Have to agree. The KFC Bulldogs is a revolting thought.

Happy Days
18-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Have to agree. The KFC Bulldogs is a revolting thought.

There may be a chance though...

The Seadogs are sponsored by KFC after all...

LostDoggy
18-07-2008, 10:37 PM
I actually find that where sponsors colours match it can be harder for them to stand out - eg. Dick Smith / Richmond.

Sockeye Salmon
19-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I couldn't give a shit if we're sponsored by Carl Williams' Drug Emporium - show me the money.

The Underdog
19-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I couldn't give a shit if we're sponsored by Carl Williams' Drug Emporium - show me the money.

Zimbabwean Tourist Board perhaps?

The Coon Dog
13-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Interestingly, since Leaseplan announced that it was not renewing its sponsorship with us, AFG & iPrimus have said the same to Richmond & Melbourne respectively.

LostDoggy
13-08-2008, 03:14 AM
I reckon this has legs

Totally agree, here's a guy who takes on the big boys (eg. British Airways) and WINS!!! :)

ledge
13-08-2008, 10:41 AM
The Virgin Western Bulldogs?

strebla
13-08-2008, 12:03 PM
The Virgin Western Bulldogs?

this was pushed around six or so years ago can't see how anything has changed would like to hear something sooner rather than later though

1eyedog
13-08-2008, 12:28 PM

I honestly don't think Cam will either, as long as the money is in and the club is economically viable and economically sustainable

1eyedog
13-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Pal dog food. Seems reasonable enough to me