PDA

View Full Version : Williamstown v Coburg

The Coon Dog
20-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Williamstown v Coburg (http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=33801473&c=1-118-0-67835-0&pool=-1)

Seniors

Williamstown 13.14-92
def. by
Coburg Tigers 16.14-110

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: P. Rose 3, B. Johnson 2, J. Cloke 2, G. O''Keefe 2, M. Little, D. Galea, C. Lockwood, J. Boumann
Best Players: B. Johnson, S. Higgins, P. Street, B. Jolley, P. Rose, J. Hill

Coburg Tigers
Goal Kickers: G. Tivendale 4, T. Cartledge 2, N. Carnell 2, P. Shelton 2, D. Putt 2, C. Hyde, A. Graham, J. Gazzo, A. Collins
Best Players: D. Jackson, J. Oakley-Nicholls, T. Cartledge, G. Tivendale, C. Howat, D. Meyer

Reserves

Williamstown 11.11-77
def. by
Coburg Tigers 19.14-128

Williamstown
Goal Kickers: C. Urch 3, M. Boyd 2, N. Lyons 2, P. O'Shea 2, J. Shaw, M. Smith
Best Players: M. Boyd, J. Barling, C. Urch, J. Shaw, M. Tanner, T. Langlands

Coburg Tigers
Goal Kickers: C. Collard 3, N. Caruso 2, N. Lynch 2, P. Currie 2, T. Dulic 2, J. Jones 2, N. Liddle, C. Corr, T. Simpson, D. Rayson, G. Carrick, M. Davis
Best Players: G. Carrick, J. Riddle, N. Caruso, C. Corr, N. Liddle, S. Foster

hujsh
20-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Good to see Higgins get in the bests and Bouman get in the seniors

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Hmm whats going on with Williamstowns form lately..

Dropped 2 games in 3 weeks i think...just got knocked off top of the ladder..

Great news to hear Higgins was in the best though..

Bulldog Revolution
20-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Both top of the table Seagulls teams went down to Coburg

Looks like the Tigers listed players really fired in the firsts

GVGjr
20-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I went along and froze through both games.

The seniors are struggling because they lack some height and in some ways I think they will miss McDougall for the balance of the season.

Go_Dogs
20-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm sure your weather is no worse than what we've been getting. We had a top of 11 today!

Anyone making decent pushes for selection? Hill looks one who could be likely perhaps?

How did Stack go this week?

GVGjr
20-07-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm sure your weather is no worse than what we've been getting. We had a top of 11 today!

Anyone making decent pushes for selection? Hill looks one who could be likely perhaps?

How did Stack go this week?

Hill was a little bit patchy but I thought he played OK in the conditions. Stack has become a very good attacking defender and seems to be getting a bit stronger defensively.
Street did well again and Wood shows a bit.

O'Shea, White, Mulligan and Shaw all played in the reserves. Shaw did OK in the ruck and Mulligan took a few marks but none of them really starred. I was disappointed with O'Shea's effort especially in the back line where he made a number of errors. He seems to be able to play in the forward line a bit more effectively but his effort today wasn't great at all.

LostDoggy
20-07-2008, 09:14 PM
How was Stacks disposal today GvGjr? Chance of making his debut next week on todays form?

comrade
20-07-2008, 09:18 PM
GVGjr,

How did Boumann go in the seniors? From what you've seen, is he potentially a future Dogs regular?

Happy Days
20-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Did Cal Ward play?

GVGjr
20-07-2008, 09:48 PM
How was Stacks disposal today GvGjr? Chance of making his debut next week on todays form?

His disposal is improving but it's not yet a strength. He doesn't turn it over but he isn't terrific in that area either.

Who would you seem him replacing? At the moment we have a few flanker types like Gilbee, Morris and Hargrave holding down those positions.

GVGjr
20-07-2008, 09:51 PM
GVGjr,

How did Boumann go in the seniors? From what you've seen, is he potentially a future Dogs regular?

Boumann did OK but the conditions would not have suited him. He kicked the first goal and took a couple of marks in the first quarter but probably slipped back a bit after that.

Potentially he could be a good player for us but it probably comes down to his desire and concentration to see if he can become a senior player for us.

GVGjr
20-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Did Cal Ward play?

Yes he played but he didn't get a lot of the ball. Playing across half forward in conditions like that with a struggling midfield is very difficult.

Go_Dogs
20-07-2008, 10:08 PM
As always thanks for your reports GVGjr.

bulldogtragic
21-07-2008, 01:50 AM
I'll say it again this week, again.

All you can ask is for Peter Street to keep getting in the best players every week.

At least 10 times this year.

Again, well done.

bornadog
21-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes he played but he didn't get a lot of the ball. Playing across half forward in conditions like that with a struggling midfield is very difficult.

Unfortunately Cal has been down for a few weeks and needs to find some form. Why isn't he playing in the midfield?

How did Reid go?

Cyberdoggie
21-07-2008, 03:27 PM
I'll say it again this week, again.

All you can ask is for Peter Street to keep getting in the best players every week.

At least 10 times this year.

Again, well done.

something tells me you are a peter street fan?

i dunno, call me crazy but i'm just getting that vibe. :rolleyes:

The Pie Man
21-07-2008, 03:58 PM

I am a MASSIVE Will Minson fan - how do we think he's travelling?

3 goals vs Melbourne (and robbed of at least one other) was a good result.

What hurts Street in the current set up is he can't play FF.....or at least very well. Harbrow finally got an opportunity last week after being consistently in the best, can we play the 3 bigs?

(In the interest of retaining any shred of credibility, I want to offer a 'I'm just throwing it out there' disclaimer)

bulldogtragic
21-07-2008, 05:07 PM

I would go that far.

I only love him as much as Billy Lawry (the 12th man) loved Merv Hughes...

GVGjr
21-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately Cal has been down for a few weeks and needs to find some form. Why isn't he playing in the midfield?

How did Reid go?

It's a hard midfield to break into and he does spend a bit of time there.

I think Reid might have got injured. I didn't go out for the 3 quarter time huddle and I can't recall seeing him on the ground.

Mofra
22-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Given our lack of CHB & Williams being dicey at best, how did Wight play?

GVGjr
22-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Given our lack of CHB & Williams being dicey at best, how did Wight play?

Just OK. Difficult conditions though.