PDA

View Full Version : Game day

GVGjr
24-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Well we play the Swans in Canberra today.

Whats your predictions results wise?

I'll go for the Dogs by 15 points.

I think Everitt might impress today but a particularly good displays from Higgins and Addison will get the main focus.

Lets hope that McDougall has a good game.

W W Biscuit
24-02-2007, 09:55 AM
If we play well, I think we'll win by about 40 points. Sydney's team looks typically impotent for the NAB Cup.

I'm salivating at what Ryan Griffen might serve up this season, so he's the one to watch for mine.

Does anyone know whether we will have an alternative strip for this competition?

Go_Dogs
24-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I think it will be closer than most people anticipate, mainly because no team will want to push too hard at this stage. I think we'll win by around 10-20 points.

GVGjr
24-02-2007, 10:01 AM
If we play well, I think we'll win by about 40 points. Sydney's team looks typically impotent for the NAB Cup.

I'm salivating at what Ryan Griffen might serve up this season, so he's the one to watch for mine.

Does anyone know whether we will have an alternative strip for this competition?

I really agree about Griffen. He has been in splendid touch and has trained very well so he really is primed for a big season.

We should be wearing our normal jumper today as far as I know.

GVGjr
24-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Just saw this on AFL.com (http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=38354)

NAB Cup preview: Western Bulldogs v Sydney

By Luke Buttigieg, Sportal for afl.com.au
News

Saturday, 24 February, Manuka Oval, Canberra at 3.40pm

BROADCAST: Fox Television, ABC RADIO 774 (Melbourne), ABC RADIO 666 (Canberra), SEN 1116 (Melbourne).

LAST YEAR'S NAB CUP Round 1: Western Bulldogs 1.7.12 (63) lost to Melbourne 0.9.15 (69) at Marrara Oval, Darwin. Kangaroos 1.8.11 (68) def Sydney 0.5.7 (37) at Manuka Oval, Canberra.

LAST TIME: Western Bulldogs 14.6 (90) lost to Sydney Swans 17.14 (116) at the SCG, Round 8, 2006.

WHO'S NEW: Former Eagle Andrew McDougall and star recruit Jason Akermanis were two of the Bulldogs' better performers in last Friday's intra-club match, along with a host of first-year players including Josh Hill, Malcolm Lynch and Jarrod Harbrow. The Swans are likely to hold back Peter Everitt's red-and-white debut in favour of youngsters such as Jesse White, Daniel O'Keefe and Kieren Jack.

THE MEDICAL ROOM: While pleased with the progress of Luke Darcy, Robert Murphy and Mitch Hahn – all are recovering from knee reconstructions – the Bulldogs are in no rush to involve them in their NAB Cup campaign. Chris Grant, Adam Cooney, Peter Street, Nathan Eagleton, Ryan Hargrave and Matthew Robbins have also been ruled out for this first-up fixture. The Swans' injury list is extensive: It includes Jarred Moore (ankle), Stephen Doyle (calf), Adam Schneider (hamstring), Matt O'Dwyer (knee), Luke Brennan (knee), Heath Grundy (back), Luke Ablett (hamstring) and Lewis Roberts-Thomson (foot).

WE THINK: Senior coach Rodney Eade declared last week that the Bulldogs would be going all-out to beat the Swans at Manuka with a view to advancing as far as possible in the 2007 NAB Cup. But he conceded the Dogs' prospects would not be assisted by an extensive injury list. The Swans are notoriously slow starters but bucked that trend at North Sydney Oval last week with a hard-fought victory over Collingwood. Their injuries notwithstanding, the Bulldogs appear to have the talent and incentive to advance.

Dry Rot
24-02-2007, 10:36 AM
If we are indeed much stronger and better at clearances = 60 point win.

If we aren't, 25 point win.

Twodogs
24-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Us by six goals.

Harbrow to be the first goalkicker of the game. Everitt to play well of the back flank. Hill to take a huge speccy. Aka to star.

BulldogBelle
24-02-2007, 11:38 AM
My prediction is 23 points win to the Dogs. Johnno to kick 4 goals and Aker will have a fantastic game.

Luckystrike
24-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Dogs by 30pts.

GVGjr
24-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Dogs by 30pts.

Hope you are right. A 30 point margin would be terrific on so many levels. I'd imagine that a few additional members would result if we got off to a flyer like that.

Palace03
24-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I think we will win, but not by much, I'll go with us by 14 points. Johnno will be leading goalscorer with 4 and Griffen will be our best.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-02-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm also of the belief that we'll win, but not by a staggering amount.

I'll predict 26 points.

Wide range of goal scorers, whilst again Griffen, Higgins & Aker shine.

southerncross
24-02-2007, 03:15 PM

I'll predict 26 points.

I can't see a goal fest at all but as you say we will have a number of goal kickers. Lets hope that McDougall can get amongst it.

Dogs by 11 points

LostDoggy
24-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Hope you are right. A 30 point margin would be terrific on so many levels. I'd imagine that a few additional members would result if we got off to a flyer like that.

Well the score line was close enough now to the 30 pts we need those future additional members to do their bit now.

bornadog
25-02-2007, 12:21 PM

I'll predict 26 points.

Good prediction