PDA

View Full Version : AFL Ladder

LostDoggy
27-07-2008, 09:05 AM
I was looking at the current AFL ladder,

The Kangaroos will jump to 5th place if they (should) beat Melb. today.

They are a real threat comes september.

What are your thoughts ?

Dogs 24/7
27-07-2008, 09:13 AM
I rate the Roos and I know they have had an up and down year but it does show that last year was no fluke. Laidley has also grown into the coaching job and I think he is better than a lot of people give him credit for.
I can't see them getting to the grand final but they might have a big say on who gets there.

Stevo
27-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Collingwoods and Sydneys loss will change things about a bit and open the door a bit for some other sides. Perhaps the Roos could squeeze into 4th but they cannot afford to many hiccups.

The Coon Dog
27-07-2008, 09:18 AM
North are a bit like Collingwood in that they seem to win games most people probably think they'll lose & vice versa.

If you want to predict the ladder, just go to 'ladder predictor' (http://afl.allthestats.com/misc/ladderpredict.php), then go to round 17 to complete this round. Just double click on the team you think will win. It defaults the score to 100 v 80, but you can increase those by clicking on the team again.

Sockeye Salmon
27-07-2008, 09:55 AM
So far this round 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th & 7th have all lost.

That makes it a real good time for 2nd to win.

A win will put us 5 1/2 games ahead of 5th with 5 games to play.

The Coon Dog
27-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Does anyone else see it as a lock in that ourselves & Hawthorn will finish 2 & 3?

If that happens we play Hawthorn in a match that will have huge ramifications for the side that loses.

The winner will have a weeks break, whereas the loser will have to play the following week, more importantly, it puts them into the Geelong half of the draw (that's assuming they win their first final).

I don't care if we play Geelong in the Grand Final, hell I don't care who we play in the Grand Final, just as long as we get there. Clearly the best way to do this is to avoid Geelong as long as possible.

LostDoggy
27-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Does anyone else see it as a lock in that ourselves & Hawthorn will finish 2 & 3?

If that happens we play Hawthorn in a match that will have huge ramifications for the side that loses.

The winner will have a weeks break, whereas the loser will have to play the following week, more importantly, it puts them into the Geelong half of the draw (that's assuming they win their first final).

I don't care if we play Geelong in the Grand Final, hell I don't care who we play in the Grand Final, just as long as we get there. Clearly the best way to do this is to avoid Geelong as long as possible.

I say we tank = finish 4th = lose to Geelong round one of the finals = win the next week = Beat Hawks in pre-lim = Profit.

The Coon Dog
27-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I say we tank = finish 4th = lose to Geelong round one of the finals = win the next week = Beat Hawks in pre-lim = Profit.

Sounds too much like flirting with form if you ask me. It'd be the absolute pits for a team to bow out in straight sets.

BulldogBelle
27-07-2008, 11:15 AM
I rate the Roos and I know they have had an up and down year but it does show that last year was no fluke. Laidley has also grown into the coaching job and I think he is better than a lot of people give him credit for.
I can't see them getting to the grand final but they might have a big say on who gets there.

They are a good team and can beat anyone on their day. They seems to be our bogey side of late and I am not looking to playing them in a few weeks.

LostDoggy
27-07-2008, 11:23 AM

The logic is there but hopefully you're joking?!! It's a cliche but I'm looking no further than this week. We have a hard run home and I'd hate to go into September in poor form. All that said though, I believe we'll finish 2nd and go into our first final with a slight psychological edge over Hawthorn.

comrade
27-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I fiddled around with the predictor and gave us 1 more win for the year (vs Carlton) and predicted results for the rest of the year and still have us a game clear in third.

Dogs vs Hawks = 1st Qualifying Final. I think both sets of supporters would be happy with that!

LostDoggy
27-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Frustrates me how Collingwood lose to bottom 8 sides and dont get punished on the ladder..Sydney lose aswell, and leave 4th wide open.

They could have been 8th by the end of this week, much to the happiness of other supporters :)

And yeah, im happy to play Hawks in the first week, we have already beaten them so we would go in with good confidence!

hujsh
27-07-2008, 02:53 PM
My ladder went

1 Geelong 22 21 1 0 84
2 W Bulldogs 22 19 2 1 78
3 Hawthorn 22 18 4 0 72
4 Collingwood 22 13 9 0 52
5 St Kilda 22 13 9 0 52
6 Sydney 22 12 9 1 50
7 Nth Melb 22 12 9 1 50
8 Adelaide 22 11 11 0 44
9 Richmond 22 10 11 1 42
10 Bris Lions 22 10 12 0 40
11 Essendon 22 10 12 0 40
12 Carlton 22 8 14 0 32
13 Port Adel 22 6 16 0 24
14 Fremantle 22 5 17 0 20
15 West Coast 22 4 18 0 16
16 Melbourne 22 2 20 0 8

I doubt that Collingwood will win when supposed to though and the Saint have shown they can loose easy ones.

At least Richmond came ninth

Topdog
27-07-2008, 03:02 PM

I was having a shower at the time you wrote this and was thinking about this exact thing which kind of scares me a little.

Anyway I whoehartedly agree that it is locked in that we are playing Hawthorn in the first week.

LostDoggy
10-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Sorry to rant about this but it has been FRUSTRATING me senseless...

Here is the current top 5

Geelong 72 160%
Hawthorn 60 129%
Bulldogs 58 119.99%
Sydney 46 116.36%
Kangaroos 46 99.56%

Now all over the radio..people keep saying we're def top 3...clearly they cannot read!!!

3 Rounds to go 3 Games in front of Sydney by 3 freaking %...not once have i heard 'if things goto plan the bulldogs will finish 3rd' i just hear 'Top 3 spot assured'...total BS..

I have no doubt syd will lose to geelong next week, and im confident we can beat Brisbane in Brisbane..but there is no need to say 'Defenitely top 3' untill its 100%..its still very possible if syd win all 3 and we lose all 3..

This is a quote from the AFL website in Eade's interview.

Eade revealed he gave his players an old-fashioned bake at quarter-time after they abandoned plans to play with intensity despite being locked into a top three finish.

GOD DAMMIT AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NOTICED!

thats my rant..let us know if u feel the same..i know it just takes 1 more win but lets talk about top 3 when we get that extra win hey?

Scraggers
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Sorry to rant about this but it has been FRUSTRATING me senseless...

Here is the current top 5

Geelong 72 160%
Hawthorn 60 129%
Bulldogs 58 119.99%
Sydney 46 116.36%
Kangaroos 46 99.56%

Now all over the radio..people keep saying we're def top 3...clearly they cannot read!!!

3 Rounds to go 3 Games in front of Sydney by 3 freaking %...not once have i heard 'if things goto plan the bulldogs will finish 3rd' i just hear 'Top 3 spot assured'...total BS..

I have no doubt syd will lose to geelong next week, and im confident we can beat Brisbane in Brisbane..but there is no need to say 'Defenitely top 3' untill its 100%..its still very possible if syd win all 3 and we lose all 3..

This is a quote from the AFL website in Eade's interview.

Eade revealed he gave his players an old-fashioned bake at quarter-time after they abandoned plans to play with intensity despite being locked into a top three finish.

GOD DAMMIT AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS NOTICED!

thats my rant..let us know if u feel the same..i know it just takes 1 more win but lets talk about top 3 when we get that extra win hey?

No you are not ... and you are right ... we are not 100% guaranteed a top 3 finish ... hopefully Geelong can do the right thing by us and beat Sydney, but until then BRING ON BRISBANE !!