PDA

View Full Version : Round 18, Ins and Outs v Sydney

bornadog
28-07-2008, 06:23 PM
In: Williams (Wight if not available), Tiller (replaces Addison in backline)

Out: Everitt, Addison

becmatty
28-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Higgins should come back in with Williams. Everitt and Addison out. In my opinion, that is a full strength side minus Westy, who would replace one of Harbrow, Ray or Hil in best 22.

Letas hope that the conditioning coach can get us right to finish out the season and let th quality on the paddock do the rest...

GVGjr
28-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Higgins should come back in with Williams. Everitt and Addison out. In my opinion, that is a full strength side minus Westy, who would replace one of Harbrow, Ray or Hil in best 22.

Letas hope that the conditioning coach can get us right to finish out the season and let th quality on the paddock do the rest...

It would be risky to play Higgins this week and I'd hate to undo a long rehab.

I like Bornadogs suggestions but I would also look at Stack or Ward to replace Addison.

Go_Dogs
28-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I'd love to see Stack get a game.

Ins: Williams, Callan/Stack

Madone
28-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Why not bring back Streety and interchange him in the ruck with Hudson and leave the Big Willy down in the forward line as our tall forward? At least then if we start bombing em in we may have a chance of taking a mark in there

LostDoggy
28-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I'd love to see Stack get a game.

Ins: Williams, Callan/Stack

If Stack gets a game it will be for Hill and no one else.
We can't afford more skinny outside young players against Sydney.

hujsh
28-07-2008, 11:17 PM
If Stack gets a game it will be for Hill and no one else.
We can't afford more skinny outside young players against Sydney.

Is Stack a skinny outside player?

From what I've read of him he doesn't sound like one

LostDoggy
28-07-2008, 11:25 PM

Just about all first game players are.

We need fresh legs and he might help there but we possibly better off looking for more from someone like Hill.

Sedat
28-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Regular VFL watchers, is Reid some sort of silly chance to get selected against the Swans? He has been in as good form for Willy in the last 4 weeks as anyone, he has a stronger frame than the other younger draftees and his supposed strength is in and around the contested situations, an area of obvious weakness for us the past 4 weeks. I think Higgins needs another couple of weeks (he is more of a finisher anyway), Ward has been so-so in recent weeks for Williamstown, Wight and Tiller have already been tried, Street will only come in to replace one of Huddo or Will if they get injured, and Callan is still injured. Possibly Stack might be considered as a direct replacement for Addison off half back, so as to keep Griff on the ball?

bornadog
29-07-2008, 12:07 AM

About the same height and weight as Hill, maybe a couple of Kg heavier Reid about the same weight as well ie 80kg

bornadog
30-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Looks like Williams will be playing at Willy next week (see email from Westernbulldogs)

Tom Williams was a late withdrawal on Sunday following a bump at training to his shoulder but he will turn out for Williamstown this weekend.

"A bit like Tadhg Kennelly and Porplyzia, the shoulder just shifted a bit," Eade said. "He's going to play at Williamstown and at least if the shoulder does move again, he can get used to that."

Meanwhile, Dylan Addison will be out for approximately 8 weeks following surgery on his knee on Monday night after suffering damage to his medial ligament.

IN: Wight, Tiller

LostDoggy
30-07-2008, 06:42 PM

I don't have the faintest. Those two are the obvious ones but we lacked pace in the second half. Then we are playing Sydney who will intimidate with their bigger bodies on anyone young we put in with run. We also want to rest players!
We could do with Callan and West this week.

bornadog
30-07-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't have the faintest. Those two are the obvious ones but we lacked pace in the second half. Then we are playing Sydney who will intimidate with their bigger bodies on anyone young we put in with run. We also want to rest players!
We could do with Callan and West this week.

Pretty sure Callan will play at Willy this week as will Higgins. Eade says they will not be ready for a few weeks, but agree we need them this week.

Mantis
31-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Who would be the suitable match-up's in defence for these 2?

Rocket Science
31-07-2008, 10:02 AM
For Tiller: With no O'Loughlin, and few tall Bulldog forward targets to mind, Roos may be tempted to swing Ted Richards or LRT forward?...he's done it before.

For Wight: Again, having to re-jig the forward line and in an attempt to stretch our relative lack of height down back Roos might lean on Everitt moreso than usual up forward.

For what it's worth, this suggests Everitt may be in line for a reprieve.

Easy does it for Williams (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24099885-19742,00.html)

THE Western Bulldogs will take a cautious approach with Tom Williams, scheduling him for a VFL return with Williamstown this weekend. The key defender was set to resume from a shoulder injury against Carlton last Sunday, but suffered a setback at training on Friday. The Dogs are confident he is now ready to return, but want him to gain confidence at VFL level.

That means the Dogs are likely to persevere with Andrejs Everitt for Sunday's clash with Sydney in Canberra.

bornadog
31-07-2008, 10:42 AM
For Tiller: With no O'Loughlin, and few tall Bulldog forward targets to mind, Roos may be tempted to swing Ted Richards or LRT forward?...he's done it before.

For Wight: Again, having to re-jig the forward line and in an attempt to stretch our relative lack of height down back Roos might lean on Everitt moreso than usual up forward.

For what it's worth, this suggests Everitt may be in line for a reprieve.

Easy does it for Williams (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24099885-19742,00.html)

THE Western Bulldogs will take a cautious approach with Tom Williams, scheduling him for a VFL return with Williamstown this weekend. The key defender was set to resume from a shoulder injury against Carlton last Sunday, but suffered a setback at training on Friday. The Dogs are confident he is now ready to return, but want him to gain confidence at VFL level.

That means the Dogs are likely to persevere with Andrejs Everitt for Sunday's clash with Sydney in Canberra.

Maybe he will play on his brother when he goes forward.

I would prefer Wight coming in to take care of the resting ruckman as you suggested RS

LostDoggy
31-07-2008, 12:42 PM
That means the Dogs are likely to persevere with Andrejs Everitt for Sunday's clash with Sydney in Canberra.[/QUOTE]

:eek:
Oh well, i'll just have to remember that at least Williams is back soon.