PDA

View Full Version : Willy v Tassie

bornadog
02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
7.7-49 Tasmania

def. by
31.14-200 Williamstown

Tasmania

Goal Kickers: B. Setchell 4, B. Savage 2, N. Street (Brother of Peter)
Best Players: C. Thurley, N. Street, B. Setchell, B. Savage, A. Williams, R. Andrews

Williamstown

Goal Kickers: M. Little 6, P. Street 4, W. Skipper 4, P. Rose 4, C. Ward 3, D. Stretton 2, L. Picken 2, B. Johnson, J. Cloke, B. Jolley, T. Williams, G. O''Keefe, S. Reid
Best Players: P. Rose, C. Ward, D. Stretton, G. O''Keefe, J. Cloke, P. Street

G-Mo77
02-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Good to see Skip back with 4 goals!

craigsahibee
02-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Higgins no goals, did he play?

LostDoggy
02-08-2008, 07:34 PM
My jaw dropped when i saw the score, makes sense though, Tassie are last..

Higgins is listed on the team sheets so maybe he didnt play up forward or had less game time

Streeta kicked 4.6, big from him..good to see Skip kickin some goals too

Mantis
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Williams hurt his shoulder again, didn't play the 2nd half.... Doesn't sound good.

Higgins also hurt his foot/ ankle... Returned to the ground, but was very proppy.

LostDoggy
02-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Also would like to know how Tim Callan went..

Good to see Ward in the best, could get a run next week if Tiller doesnt play well tomorrow

Sockeye Salmon
02-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Streeta kicked 4.6, big from him..good to see Skip kickin some goals too

This has been covered many times.

4.6 means 4 goals, 6th best. It's just the way the site does it.

hujsh
02-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Williams hurt his shoulder again, didn't play the 2nd half.... Doesn't sound good.

Higgins also hurt his foot/ ankle... Returned to the ground, but was very proppy.

god that's frustrating.

bornadog
02-08-2008, 10:14 PM

Good to see Ward in the best, could get a run next week if Tiller doesnt play well tomorrow

Apparently played well.

Stevo
03-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Young "Ocka" has had a good season and just keeps bobbing up in the best players most weeks. I'm not sure that he will crack it for a senior game but I'm expecting him to be right up there in 2009.

Street has been Mr Consistent hasn't he? It's a shame he hasn't been used at all.

The Pie Man
03-08-2008, 10:26 AM

Herald Sun reports 'Callan....had 25 touches across the half back line'

Also on Williams 'walked from the field in the second quarter with a suspected strained thigh muscle'

Well one positive out of that, at least he'll have time to get the shoulder right!

Skip could be a smoky for our forward line should Wil drop in form - Street kicking goals is a turn up, he can't do much more can he?

bornadog
03-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Young "Ocka" has had a good season and just keeps bobbing up in the best players most weeks. I'm not sure that he will crack it for a senior game but I'm expecting him to be right up there in 2009.

Street has been Mr Consistent hasn't he? It's a shame he hasn't been used at all.

I suspect if we win today that over the next few weeks, Eade (as he has mentioned) will rest a few players. This would give an opportunity for say Street, perhaps Skipper and Ward. Tiller and Tim Callen will be fighting for the same position. Lets get over the Swans, secure a top four then see where we are at.

Dogs 24/7
03-08-2008, 11:48 AM

Also on Williams 'walked from the field in the second quarter with a suspected strained thigh muscle'

Well one positive out of that, at least he'll have time to get the shoulder right!

So do we know for sure if Williams has injured a thigh or his shoulder?

Cyberdoggie
03-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Herald Sun reports 'Callan....had 25 touches across the half back line'

Skip could be a smoky for our forward line should Wil drop in form - Street kicking goals is a turn up, he can't do much more can he?

don't forget that we played tasmania here.

they are an absolute rabble, there was news during the week that they would disband/not exist next season. They have had numerous issues with their coaching staff (cresswell eloped due to certain reasons) and they generally aren't much good anyway.

willy have been top of the ladder pretty much all season and have peter street who is 289cm tall, skipper, and all the willy forwards as well. If they didn't kick 4 goals each i would be worried. It's no wonder callan ward had a great game the opposition probably didn't lay any tackles the whole game.

i think we need to take this with some perspective ppl.

Let's see how willy go next week in a really tough game against port at port, a standalone side with some pride and who are right on willy's heels.

bornadog
03-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Let's see how willy go next week in a really tough game against port at port, a standalone side with some pride and who are right on willy's heels.

That will be a ripper game and unfortunately I am away next weekend and will miss this one and the North match.

Topdog
03-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Williams hurt his thigh. Rocket just said it before the game.

At the moment expects 2-3 weeks but hasn't been checked fully by medical staff

LostDoggy
03-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Williams hurt his thigh. Rocket just said it before the game.

At the moment expects 2-3 weeks but hasn't been checked fully by medical staff
Thats a signifcant loss though. For a guy who hasn't played a lot of football in the last 6 weeks another 2 or 3 really does raise some questions about what value he can provide us. The thing is that I don't think we can win the finals without Tom.

mjp
03-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Thats a signifcant loss though. For a guy who hasn't played a lot of football in the last 6 weeks another 2 or 3 really does raise some questions about what value he can provide us. The thing is that I don't think we can win the finals without Tom.

Williams hasn't played much footy in his LIFE!

ledge
03-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Williams hasn't played much footy in his LIFE!

If he was in the 9-5 workforce he would be classed as a casual.

strebla
03-08-2008, 08:47 PM

There is a bloke i remember called CAM WIGHT plays either end or in the ruck
He is not the messiah but i believe (as i have said on many threads) he is our best option

bornadog
03-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I suspect if we win today that over the next few weeks, Eade (as he has mentioned) will rest a few players. This would give an opportunity for say Street, perhaps Skipper and Ward. Tiller and Tim Callen will be fighting for the same position. Lets get over the Swans, secure a top four then see where we are at.

This from Eade on Doggies website:

Eade is planning on using that latitude in the final four rounds to field more players, and lighten the load on sore senior members.

"[The win] gives us four games clear of fourth with four games left," he said.

"There are a couple more blokes maybe carrying little things so we are able to get games into players that might be able to help us in September, as well to refresh the stocks a bit.

''We will need to get games into Tim Callan, Callan Ward, maybe Peter Street, Shaun Higgins, Scott West will hopefully be back about round 20 – 21.

He also said unlucky youngster Tom Williams would have scans on a thigh injured in the VFL on Saturday, but was expecting the defender to miss at least two or three weeks

bulldogtragic
04-08-2008, 01:40 AM
I will say it again, like i do every week.

55 hit outs and 4 goals.

Street is doing everything asked of him. Well done again Pete.

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
There is a bloke i remember called CAM WIGHT plays either end or in the ruck
He is not the messiah but i believe (as i have said on many threads) he is our best option

hahahaha. Good one..... That was a joke right??..

strebla
04-08-2008, 04:13 PM
hahahaha. Good one..... That was a joke right??..

He gets better every time he plays and is our most flexible player he may not be a stat star but his work ethic and DURABILITY are much needed

hujsh
04-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I will say it again, like i do every week.

55 hit outs and 4 goals.

Street is doing everything asked of him. Well done again Pete.

are you sure?

bulldogtragic
05-08-2008, 12:34 AM
are you sure?
Herald Sun article says that.

bornadog
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
Seagulls obliterate Devils
David Stretton

Williamstown travelled to Hobart’s picturesque Bellerive Oval to play Tasmania in round 16 of VFL action. Williamstown made 4 changes to the side which was defeated by Coburg Tigers – into the side came Bulldogs trio Wayde Skipper, Tom Williams and Tim Callan returning from injury and Adam Cook who returned after a one gam suspension. Out of the side went Josh Hill who was promoted to the Bulldogs and Dean Galea, James Beaumont and Jarrad Boumann were omitted.

First Quarter

Williamstown opened the game in fine fashion and were dominating possession through the midfield. Tassie were unable to penetrate the strong Seagulls defence which was led by Tom Williams, Cameron Wight, Kane McKenzie, Tim Callan and Scott Meyer. Peter Street was dominating the ruck duels and providing the Williamstown midfielders with an armchair ride. Williamstown kicked the opening 6 goals and were completely dominating until forward Adam Cook was carried from the ground after injuring his ankle after landing awkwardly in a marking contest. Tassie Rover Ben Setchell kicked two late goals to get the Tassie side on the scoreboard.

¼ Time: Williamstown 6.4 (40) Tasmania 2.2 (14)

Second Quarter

Williamstown’s dominance continued in the second quarter with key forwards Wayde Skipper, Matthew Little and Jason Cloke dominating. Guy O’Keefe, Callan Ward, Patrick Rose and David Stretton were gathering plenty of possessions. Unfortunately Tom Williams limped from the ground with a thigh injury and both Shaun Higgins and Easton Wood left the ground under duress. With no interchange players available to coach Brad Gotch a bigger workload was thrust upon the 18 players fit on the ground. Tassie was playing unaccountable football and were exerting minimal pressure when they didn’t have the ball.

½ Time: Williamstown 12.6 (72) Tasmania 4.4 (28)

Third Quarter

If the Seagulls were dominant in the first half, it became more pronounced in the second half. Peter Street was pushed forward to the goal square and kicked 2 goals immediately whilst Wayde Skipper and Tim Callan kept on improving as the game progressed. Ben Jolley, Easton Wood, Sam Reid, Liam Picken and Brett Johnson were controlling the midfield whilst Cam Lockwood was relishing his role up back. Williamstown dominated the quarter by kicking ten goals to one during the term.

¾ Time: Williamstown 22.9 (141) Tasmania 5.5 (35)

Final Quarter

The final quarter followed the same script as the third quarter with Williamstown dominating with Little resistance from Tasmania. David Stretton, Callan Ward and Guy O’Keefe continued their fine form and Matthew Little was the beneficiary of great supply up the ground. Peter Street kicked his fourth goal as did Wayde Skipper after siren from a strong mark.

Final Scores: Williamstown 31.14 (200) Tasmania 7.7 (49)

Goalkickers: Little 6, Rose 4, Skipper 4, Street 4, Ward 3, Picken 2, Reid 2, Jolley 1, Johnson 1, Reid 1, O’Keefe 1, Cloke 1, Williams 1

Best Players: Rose, Ward, Stretton, O’Keefe, Cloke, Street

Williamstown Reserves had a bye this round and remain second on the ladder behind the undefeated Coburg.

Next week in Round 17 Williamstown plays Port Melbourne in the ABC TV match of the round on Saturday August 9th commencing at 1:10pm at Port Melbourne. Both clubs sit second and third on the ladder and this clash will be a pivotal game in deciding the final positions on the ladder. This round also sees top side North Ballarat play the fourth placed Casey Scorpions. Port Melbourne are undefeated in their 7 home games this season and under the caching of Gary Ayres have won 9 of their last 10 games and boast the most experienced side in the VFL competition.

Go_Dogs
05-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Could O'Keefe perhaps come into the frame over the coming weeks to get a run? He's shown pretty consistent form for the year for a first year player.

strebla
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Could O'Keefe perhaps come into the frame over the coming weeks to get a run? He's shown pretty consistent form for the year for a first year player.

I really hope so i have been calling for him or stack to come in for a couple of weeks it would be good to know what stage they are at