PDA

View Full Version : Press headlines

ledge
03-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Well I am amazed again at the headlines being about how the opposition we defeated get the write up on reasons they didnt win.
Just once do you think we might get a headline saying we were too good?
At first it was injuries to the opposition, tonight its Swans arent good enough, how about we were too good for a change?
Funny how sides like Collingwood can lose 5, win 1 and they are September champions.
Even when we lost the opposition get the headline.
Considering we have won 14 of 18.
Does anyone know of a game this year when we got a write up on how good we were?

hujsh
03-08-2008, 08:20 PM
The commentators on Fox thought we were too good.

If that's any consolation.

I think it's widely acknowledged we're better than at least 13 of the other 15 teams

strebla
03-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes its amazing you lose and the headlines are all about the bad news bulldogs you win and the team you beat were crap well bugger me if they are not 4th on the ladder they keep comming we keep beatin them ledge thats all we can do
(possible headline sunday after grand final)
Ablett wins normie but geelong lose

ledge
03-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I have no doubt if we won the flag the headlines would be why and how did Geelong lose it. If we both make it of course.

mjp
03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I have no doubt if we won the flag the headlines would be why and how did Geelong lose it. If we both make it of course.

Well, that is the kind of problem I would be pretty happy to deal with...

At the end-of-2006, everyone loved us (with not all that much justification). It is going to take a little longer to get everyone onside this time.

ledge
03-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Well, that is the kind of problem I would be pretty happy to deal with...

At the end-of-2006, everyone loved us (with not all that much justification). It is going to take a little longer to get everyone onside this time.

Just hate to think if we win a premiership all i have to cut out of the paper for memorys is stories on how badly done by the opposition were.

The Coon Dog
04-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Just hate to think if we win a premiership all i have to cut out of the paper for memorys is stories on how badly done by the opposition were.
If we won a flag then the press headlines would be something I couldn't give a fat rats clacker about!!

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 09:35 AM
If we won a flag then the press headlines would be something I couldn't give a fat rats clacker about!!

Same here, couldn't give a blighty (or by definition, a fat rats tossbag).

The media can't change the record books.

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 01:18 PM
How about that article today about the 'freak' vs. the favourites in the Grand Final, ie. Buddy vs Geelong.

What kind of disrespect is that? In case the brilliant media haven't noticed, there's another team sitting in SECOND, above the bloody Buddy Hawks.. who destroyed the Hawks the last time they played despite Buddy kicking 5? This is a joke.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as we show up in the Grannie to flog the Cats.

ps. How much must Geelong be hoping Collingwood don't make it?

pps. Hawthorn - Geelong will be the prelim, not the grannie.

Sockeye Salmon
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM

I'll be too drunk to read anyway.

Bulldog Revolution
04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
We still haven't fully won the media back, and thats ok with me

And the reality was we weren't that convincing yesterday, but any win at Manuka against the Swans is a good win, but they were missing Barry, O'Loughlin, Buchannon, Malceski etc

1eyedog
04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I'll be too drunk to read anyway.

Me too! I'll be too read to drunk as well.