PDA

View Full Version : Didak was in the car

The Pie Man
04-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Massive news - if the Carringbush has any credibility, Didak is surely gone (I suspect he won't be though) Heath Shaw I believe will stay, though he's in massive trouble for lying, especially after Eddie/Scott Burns reaction during the day BEFORE they knew Didak was the passenger.

Sockeye Salmon
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
WTF?

I knew Didak was in the car by 10am this morning.

How could Collingwood not? Don't they have the internet?

GVGjr
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
You just wonder how big this story really is. Was Heath pressured into misleading the coach, the captain and Sir Eddie or did he just do it to protect a mate.
It will be very interesting to see how the Pies respond.

bornadog
04-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I thought Didak was under curfew for his indiscreation last year? Collingwood are so stupid, they denied it all day that Didak was no where near the incident, yet there were residence in the street claiming they saw him. Why didn't they do a proper investigation before having a media conference.

Now Collingwood are going to reassess the penalty and have another press conference tomorrow.

When I was involved with training (back in the 70's), there was a sign on the wall:

If you train don't drink, if you drink then don't train.

hujsh
04-08-2008, 10:54 PM
I only just heard about this here. When did this happen?

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 11:00 PM
i don't really know what what every1 us talking about, but Didak had his conditions removed from his contract about a month ago

bornadog
04-08-2008, 11:07 PM

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24124765-661,00.html

The Pie Man
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM

Sunday night drinking session, Heath Shaw blows .14 after hitting a stationary car with his ute - he claimed to have a 'friend' with him in the car at the time that he didn't want to name as he didn't want them involved - yeah no sheet, he probably thought his 'friend' Alan would get the arse from his job for being found out.

Did he really have the behavioral restrictions lifted recently? If so, spewwwwww

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Hilarous stuff, Eddie you're the king.

The Coon Dog
04-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Dunno if anyone saw any of Scott Burns during the presser today. Gee he was impressive & obviously feels very let down by his team mates.

He tried to convey his feelings & said something along the lines of, 'If you said to me know on Monday that at the start of the game on Saturday night & the StKilda players get stuck into Heater, would I stick up for him? No, I'd think he's brought it on himself & let his team mates down, why should they stick up for him? But come Saturday if it happens, of course I'll stick up for him, but right now I just feel so angry'.

1eyedog
04-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Collingwood are the filth of the world, the black (and white) plague of the 21st century.

The Pie Man
04-08-2008, 11:32 PM
Dunno if anyone saw any of Scott Burns during the presser today. Gee he was impressive & obviously feels very let down by his team mates.

He tried to convey his feelings & said something along the lines of, 'If you said to me know on Monday that at the start of the game on Saturday night & the StKilda players get stuck into Heater, would I stick up for him? No, I'd think he's brought it on himself & let his team mates down, why should they stick up for him? But come Saturday if it happens, of course I'll stick up for him, but right now I just feel so angry'.

Haven't seen anything like it. That's what makes this revelation all the more massive, that was all before (well at least it seems that way) they knew he and Didak lied to them

LostDoggy
04-08-2008, 11:34 PM

All BS, Eddie and Malthouse did the same.
Shaw lied to them and so did Didak. Either Eddie got some actors in to help them out or they should be double as mad now.
In hindsight it makes them look really silly.

Topdog
05-08-2008, 12:09 AM
As SS said, I knew that Didak was there at 10am....how the heck didn't Eddie know?

ledge
05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Cant see Eddie worming either of them out of this after watching footy classified,.
Just ripped the club apart by the looks of it.

BulldogBelle
05-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Didak is an idiot - he should have come clean and mentioned he was the passenger in Shaw's car, they both look like complete fools now. Be interesting to see what comes out of the Collingwood press conference tomorrow.

bulldogtragic
05-08-2008, 12:52 AM
In 20 years of media, television, business and footy i have never seen Eddie McGuire embarrased like this and made to look like an 'A' Grade, gullable idiot. Eddie for his own reputation has no choice other than to take the axe to them. Collingwood is in a real CRISIS here.

Other points worth considering are, why was Didak running. Was there something in the car that needed disposing of?

With collision/drink driving the police interview is hand-written notes. Shaw has lied to the police. If statements were taken from he or Didak (i'm not sure if they have) they would be facing perjury type charges. That's something to watch.

ledge
05-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Doesnt look good for Burns or Malthouse as far as respect for mates and coach is concerned either.
Even Buckley has had a say and its not backing Malthouse.
Malthouse looks silly now after comments about player leaders shouldnt have a say in players suspensions.
Because who ever is doing it at Collingwood it isnt working.
Caro really hammered them tonight, pressure is on from all angles, inside and outside the club.
This is nearly as good as Carltons demise a few years ago.
Be watching to see how dark the rings are around Eddies eyes tomorrow, going to be a long night for him.
He was a real angry ant!

bulldogtragic
05-08-2008, 01:18 AM
Got to laugh though. The Hun have listed all Collingwood indiscretions over the past few years. It reads something like WCE.

Just KARMA coming around saying if you dont take a tough line on players because of their skill or status you lose the soul of your club and pay a much higher price.

I mean Aka does a handstand and the leadership group are all over him, Shaw blows .144 and crashes a car, Didak is involved in a shooting incident with a person who pleaded guilty to a charge of murder and they not even suspended. I think the ramifications could end a few careers at Collingwood, with behaviour coming to light Nathan Buckley may be rushed into the role of HEAD COACH to change the culture and bring honesty and passion back to the club. Obviously Shaw and Didak could be up for trade and could lead into wholesale changes.

I appreciate our club has a soul and spirit that is not comprimised by the talent of the player, rather the totality of the impact it has on the club. Also the move to 'leading teams' by the dogs was a positive move, a move tried by Collingwood which was soon rejected/ended by Malthouse.

westdog54
05-08-2008, 04:07 AM

Agreed TCD, Burns seemed genuinely pissed off.

As for Eddie, I can't remember a time where I've seen him so angry in a public arena. And after he lent his support to Didak inder the assumption he wasn't there, something tells me Didak will be in a world of grief tomorrow morning.

If you listen real carefully, you can hear him filling out the paperwork to apply for the draft...

westdog54
05-08-2008, 04:07 AM

Agreed TCD, Burns seemed genuinely pissed off.

As for Eddie, I can't remember a time where I've seen him so angry in a public arena. And after he lent his support to Didak inder the assumption he wasn't there, something tells me Didak will be in a world of grief tomorrow morning.

If you listen real carefully, you can hear him filling out the paperwork to apply for the draft...

BulldogBelle
05-08-2008, 07:38 AM
l wonder if there are a few sponors who will be looking at their deals with the pies?

Not a great club to be associated with.

LostDoggy
05-08-2008, 08:35 AM
'Scaley Mates' is my phrase of the month. I'm still laughing.

I think heads will roll here, Eddie and Malthouse under scrutiny themselves.

1eyedog
05-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Collingwood this is a disgrace, you are not above the law and hard action must be taken on these two footballers in order to uphold the moral standing of this football club. I can't believe that H.Shaw will be playing this week, atrocious and it shows the general public that football comes first at all costs to this club even before moral righteousness.

Sockeye Salmon
05-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Eddie has a real problem with sacking them - they're actually just about his two best players.

No chance of a sacking and I doubt they'll even trade either of them. The desire to win overrides the desire to be seen as a bunch of good blokes.

craigsahibee
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I love this. Reap what you sew Magpies. God it's great to be alive on a day like this.

HA HA HA.

Love your work Big Head ED.

LostDoggy
05-08-2008, 09:35 AM
They just don't believe in the short term pain for long term gain.
Suits us fine, continue being a ramble pies.

bornadog
05-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Prediction:

they will both be slapped a fine, asked to apologize in public, sworn off the drink and do community service and play this week end.

aker39
05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Just shows what sort of scum Didak is.

Last year he sat quietly, when the gunmans face was posted everywhere in the news. He didn't come forward to police because he wanted to protect himself.

Now he is happy for a teammate to lie to protect himself and make his club look like fools.

Mantis
05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Prediction:

they will both be slapped a fine, asked to apologize in public, sworn off the drink and do community service and play this week end.

And that outcome would be a disgraceful effort by the Collingwood FC.

They have to come down hard.

Topdog
05-08-2008, 11:17 AM
That will be the outcome Mantis, I have no doubts about it.

Mantis
05-08-2008, 11:24 AM
That will be the outcome Mantis, I have no doubts about it.

Your probably right, but as with aker39 the club has been made to look silly over this affair.

They really need to make a stand.

But if it was Adam Cooney and Lindsay Gilbee involved I would want to keep them at the club.

It's a tough one.

Dancin' Douggy
05-08-2008, 11:38 AM

Last year he sat quietly, when the gunmans face was posted everywhere in the news. He didn't come forward to police because he wanted to protect himself.

Now he is happy for a teammate to lie to protect himself and make his club look like fools.

EXACTLY. A self centred snivelling coward. The more you think about it the more disgraceful his behaviour seems. Great player but toxic influence. Would not want him at the Dogs.

Sockeye Salmon
05-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Why would they lie about something as trivial as who was the passenger?

I think Didak was driving.

westdog54
05-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Why would they lie about something as trivial as who was the passenger?

They did something a person does when they realise they're in deep shite.

They panicked, pure and simple.

Mofra
05-08-2008, 01:30 PM

Absolutely correct. Shaw may be able to redeem himself over coming years, but Didak has shown his hand again & again.

Makes you wonder if another club would be interested in him, and if so how far below market rates they could snare him for.

aker39
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
People are talking about West Coast trading him for Kerr.

If West Coast is fair dinlum about improving their image, I suugest they think twice about trading for Didak.

They got rid of Chick and Cousins, why would you bring in more scum like Didak.

ledge
05-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Good point Aker39 and i hope we arent interested in any of them.

Twodogs
05-08-2008, 01:48 PM
First of all I'll say I'm a great Eddy fan. If D. Smorgon didnt exist I'd want him to be the president of our club. I'm also not a Collingwood 'hater'. I think it's kind of cute and quaint the way they think that are a big powerhouse when in reality they have had as much success as us in the last 50 or so years.

Having said that Eddy has allowed them to become fat, lazy and complacent in terms of their footy in general and their disipline in particular over the last five years. He keeps saying one thing and doing another. "WE WONT STAND FOR THIS ANYMORE" has been the constant mantra everytime the shit has hit the fan. Then when it happens again, they excuse the guys involved, even if they are repeat offenders. It's cost them the TAC sponsorship, it's cost them respect and left them with the most illdisiplined playing group currently at an AFL club.

Part of the bigger picture is that Malthouse needs to go-simple as that. The players obviously have little or no respect for him. His game plans are awful-it's great that he can get them up for big challenges but big challenges come along once or twice a season-it's the other 20 games that they have trouble with. He's become part of the problem and has no part in the solution.

ledge
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Like to put some food for thought here.
I know some competitions have awards for the most community based club or the fairest and most well behaved clubs and do votes each week for the best club of the week.

Would the AFL consider an award of such where the best team in this area gets $100,000 at the end of the year or something along those lines?

I see it as making the clubs do things in the community, an incentive for clubs and players to behave and also a reward for promoting the game as responsible and community building.

Is this something the AFL has done before and do any of us have any thoughts on it?
Just thought i would put something forward about how the AFL could stop this stuff in a consructive way?

The Pie Man
05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Your probably right, but as with aker39 the club has been made to look silly over this affair.

They really need to make a stand.

But if it was Adam Cooney and Lindsay Gilbee involved I would want to keep them at the club.

It's a tough one.

Top point Mantis - though if Adam Cooney & Linsday Gilbee for example were repeat offenders, maybe you wouldn't want them at the club - if they did something like this once, then you suspend & fine them & thank god noone was hurt.....Dids doing this again makes me think even Collingwood might terminate his contract.

I bet they won't though, as his new contract didn't have the same restrictions placed on it - still, the wording of their statement last night was interesting (this isn't word for word) 'challenges the honesty and integrity the club is built on' made me think they were on the verge of doing something they hadn't done before (i.e. sack Didak)

LostDoggy
05-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't see it matters that Didak was in the car. Shaw was driving, Shaw was drinking, Shaw crashed into the car. Why should Didak have his contract terminated for Shaws indiscretion?

ledge
05-08-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't see it matters that Didak was in the car. Shaw was driving, Shaw was drinking, Shaw crashed into the car. Why should Didak have his contract terminated for Shaws indiscretion?

I agree, I think if Didak said yes i was in car would have been end of story, except for Shaw, but now Didak has lied is the problem, made all at Collingwood look stupid.
Another question is why did he lie? Is he or was he hiding something?
Was Shaw the real driver?

All Didak has done is destroy all trust and put up more questions, while losing total respect from his football club .

Should have just stayed at car and acted as an innocent passenger that he probably was.
A good statement i heard was that his latest contract dropped all the special clauses they put in for his last episodes, problem is the old contract doesnt run out until the end of this year!

Maybe his contracted alluded to not being out that late and drinking or hanging out at bars drinking?
He lied is to his mates and employers is his problem

Twodogs
05-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I agree, I think if Didak said yes i was in car would have been end of story, except for Shaw, but now Didak has lied is the problem, made all at Collingwood look stupid.
Another question is why did he lie? Is he or was he hiding something?
Was Shaw the real driver?

All Didak has done is destroy all trust and put up more questions, while losing total respect from his football club .

Should have just stayed at car and acted as an innocent passenger that he probably was.
A good statement i heard was that his latest contract dropped all the special clauses they put in for his last episodes, problem is the old contract doesnt run out until the end of this year!

Maybe his contracted alluded to not being out that late and drinking or hanging out at bars drinking?
He lied is to his mates and employers is his problem

I reckon Didak was driving the grassy knoll near the book depositry.

Topdog
05-08-2008, 03:59 PM
The easiest thing for the Pies to do would be to suspend the pair of them for the remainder of the season.

They have no chance of winning the flag this year and it would actually punish the 2 involved heavily whilst not really affecting the team.

Pretty simple solution IMO.

bornadog
05-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Just announced

Shaw and Didak suspended for rest of season, including finals

Ryce Shaw suspended for two weeks for drinking

ledge
05-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Piss weak i think.
Now I will expect Didak to be traded.

bulldogtragic
05-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Piss Weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bulldogtragic
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Eddie has lost a lot of credibility over this. A lot!

ledge
05-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Isnt Walsh feeling the pressure!

Topdog
05-08-2008, 04:27 PM
It is interesting to watch. They are backtracking a lot and are obviously very very pissed off by it all.

ledge
05-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Think i have learnt to have more respect for Tony Shaw, he has been saying the culture down there is a mess for ages, he knows a lot more than we pay him respect for.
Wouldnt this also mean that Malthouse doesnt have much control over his players either?
In saying that, in the early 80s when he was coach of us i had 2 players living with me and he always rang on a friday night to see what they were up too.
Seem to have the old St Kilda culture from the 70s.
Caro is a legend, doesnt she give them curry.

hujsh
05-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Just announced

Shaw and Didak suspended for rest of season, including finals

Ryce Shaw suspended for two weeks for drinking

put's a hole in my DT:p

hujsh
05-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Piss Weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What else can they do?

It's not like they would delist either of them yet cause you'd try to trade them.

westdog54
05-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Like to put some food for thought here.
I know some competitions have awards for the most community based club or the fairest and most well behaved clubs and do votes each week for the best club of the week.

Would the AFL consider an award of such where the best team in this area gets $100,000 at the end of the year or something along those lines?

I see it as making the clubs do things in the community, an incentive for clubs and players to behave and also a reward for promoting the game as responsible and community building.

Is this something the AFL has done before and do any of us have any thoughts on it?
Just thought i would put something forward about how the AFL could stop this stuff in a consructive way?

While it all sounds good in theory, there are plenty of clubs, and players acting on their own for that matter, that do plenty in the community. It just doesn't sell newspapers or attract ratings. There's plenty of good going on behind the scenes in the AFL community.

How would such an award be assessed? By misdemeanours that come to the attention of the media? It just seems that it would be far too subjective to have credibility.

Dancin' Douggy
05-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I like the idea because finally the Dogs might WIN something

G-Mo77
05-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't know how you can say it is piss weak. 2 of their better players are out for the rest of the year including finals. If that doesn't send a message to the other players I don't know what will. It could be the case of to little to late though. We'll see I guess.

Also yes my SC and DT are being punished for their stupid behaviour!!!!!!!!

ledge
05-08-2008, 08:27 PM
While it all sounds good in theory, there are plenty of clubs, and players acting on their own for that matter, that do plenty in the community. It just doesn't sell newspapers or attract ratings. There's plenty of good going on behind the scenes in the AFL community.

How would such an award be assessed? By misdemeanours that come to the attention of the media? It just seems that it would be far too subjective to have credibility.

It works in other codes and I presume it would be assessed on the best club overall in all different categories put together in player behaviour, least reports, fair play etc, maybe a points system?
Would take a little to work out the rules and reg i have no doubt though.

We celebrate the best FOOTBALL team but how about the best community minded team also?
The AFL likes to think its the cleanest code and most community minded so why not encourage it?
I also agree it doesnt sell papers but its not about selling papers it s just an idea they maybe could look at to make players behave just that little bit better.
If it stops just a couple of players drink driving isnt it a good move?

GVGjr
05-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't know how you can say it is piss weak. 2 of their better players are out for the rest of the year including finals. If that doesn't send a message to the other players I don't know what will. It could be the case of to little to late though. We'll see I guess.

Also yes my SC and DT are being punished for their stupid behaviour!!!!!!!!

Yes on top of the Milburn suspension I have lost both Shaw and Didak and this was after preserving 4 trades just in case. If the Dogs rest Johnno I will be in big strife.

It must have been a tough decision by the club and I think they should be applauded for it.

1eyedog
05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Piss weak i think.
Now I will expect Didak to be traded.

I think that's a pretty good start

1eyedog
05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Piss Weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon it sends a message

Sedat
05-08-2008, 11:46 PM
All BS, Eddie and Malthouse did the same.
Shaw lied to them and so did Didak. Either Eddie got some actors in to help them out or they should be double as mad now.
In hindsight it makes them look really silly.
I agree. Their hissy fits all looked stage-managed to within an inch of their lives, and were nothing more than a show for the cameras. They all look stupid today, and they deserve nothing less.

It's pertinent to recall Bang Bang Didak's big night out with Christopher Hudson last year and how Collingwood handled this in the early stages. Plenty of support and belief for Bang Bang's 'version' of events that night as well - of course he only blacked out for 10 minutes, at precisely the moment that Hudson was using a cop car for target practice. Let's also not forget earlier this year when he was forcibly ejected from Hoo Haa in Chapel St at 12.30am when he was having *cough, cough* dinner - anyone with half a brain knows that the only thing you can eat at Hoo Haa at 12.30am is a packet of chips from behind the bar. Collingwood have proven themselves to be a vapid, insipid mess of an organisation. They are, and will always be, the filth.

The Pie Man
05-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree. Their hissy fits all looked stage-managed to within an inch of their lives, and were nothing more than a show for the cameras. They all look stupid today, and they deserve nothing less.

It's pertinent to recall Bang Bang Didak's big night out with Christopher Hudson last year and how Collingwood handled this in the early stages. Plenty of support and belief for Bang Bang's 'version' of events that night as well - of course he only blacked out for 10 minutes, at precisely the moment that Hudson was using a cop car for target practice. Let's also not forget earlier this year when he was forcibly ejected from Hoo Haa in Chapel St at 12.30am when he was having *cough, cough* dinner - anyone with half a brain knows that the only thing you can eat at Hoo Haa at 12.30am is a packet of chips from behind the bar. Collingwood have proven themselves to be a vapid, insipid mess of an organisation. They are, and will always be, the filth.

Harsh, but fair

Ed's anger on Monday had a tinge of 'if I go off, they'll leave me alone about not suspending them' about it, though no doubt there was some genuine emotion there too. Interesting we didn't see anyone from the club bar Pert front the media today (at least from what I saw)

bornadog
06-08-2008, 12:05 AM

I also recall he had a night curfew placed on him last year. Did that expire?

Sedat
06-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I also recall he had a night curfew placed on him last year. Did that expire?
That expired 3 weeks ago - it was 1.00am and no night clubs allowed. Hoo Haa is a 'restaurant' :rolleyes:

The Pie Man
06-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Read this on Fox Sports website this morning - if this is the truth, I think they've been very smart about it actually.

By Stephen Rielly
August 06, 2008 ALAN Didak has played his last game for Collingwood and Rhyce Shaw will not play for the club next year but Heath Shaw, the driver of the car which side-swiped several vehicles on Sunday night, is likely to be offered the chance to redeem himself in 2009.

While the club said decisions on the fate of the trio have not been made, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire, chief executive Gary Pert and the head of football Geoff Walsh effectively agreed, after a series of meetings, to clear the older two out at season's end.

westdog54
06-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Read this on Fox Sports website this morning - if this is the truth, I think they've been very smart about it actually.

By Stephen Rielly
August 06, 2008 ALAN Didak has played his last game for Collingwood and Rhyce Shaw will not play for the club next year but Heath Shaw, the driver of the car which side-swiped several vehicles on Sunday night, is likely to be offered the chance to redeem himself in 2009.

While the club said decisions on the fate of the trio have not been made, Collingwood president Eddie McGuire, chief executive Gary Pert and the head of football Geoff Walsh effectively agreed, after a series of meetings, to clear the older two out at season's end.

Massive if true.

Is there a link Pie Man?

Go_Dogs
06-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Mark Williams is licking his lips.

The Coon Dog
06-08-2008, 09:15 PM
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3513/att00014az5.jpg

The Pie Man
06-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Massive if true.

Is there a link Pie Man?

Apologies for the delay

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24136247-23211,00.html

Watching the Stone Cutters episode of the Simpsons, hilarious. Cheers to the Melbourne Victory for winning the A-League preseason final

The Pie Man
06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/3513/att00014az5.jpg

GOLD :D

The Pie Man
06-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Mark Williams is licking his lips.

seems the logical destination

Rocket Science
06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I've received more Collingwood/Didak spam in the past two days than I typically get in a month...Lotta people with a grudge to bear and a lotta time on their hands out there.

On that note, here's more fuel for the fire...

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5442/cid003101c8f79b055cf9b0dx5.jpg

bornadog
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade said his club was unlikely to make a play for him. "That sized player and type of player we've got plenty of ."

Desipura
07-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Taking us out of the equation.......what is he worth a 1st round? I believe 1st round picks will be like gold this year with the 2 new franchises having access to early picks in the years to come.

The Pie Man
07-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Taking us out of the equation.......what is he worth a 1st round? I believe 1st round picks will be like gold this year with the 2 new franchises having access to early picks in the years to come.

They'll be lucky to get inside pick 20 for him given the baggage

Go_Dogs
08-08-2008, 02:50 PM
They'll be lucky to get inside pick 20 for him given the baggage

I'd hate to be in charge of their list management meetings at the moment. Didak is clearly woth more than 20+, but given his baggage, the depth of the draft and the incoming teams they may end up having to take a significantly lower offer than they desire, or hold onto him.

The Coon Dog
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I'd hate to be in charge of their list management meetings at the moment. Didak is clearly woth more than 20+, but given his baggage, the depth of the draft and the incoming teams they may end up having to take a significantly lower offer than they desire, or hold onto him.

I think Port would be happy to trade for Didak using a first round pick, but a late first round rather than an early first round.

They may need to either trade down (a player from the Bulldogs & pick 16 for pick 3 as an example) & use pick 16 for Didak or tade one of their own players out for a late first round pick & then use that.

Going to be HUGE this year come trade week.

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
If I was Port Adelaide I'd tell Didak and the Pies to piss off. He didn't want to go there when he had the chance (Stevens deal), now its too late. One thing for certain Port is a club that stand by its principals until the pies.

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 08:22 PM
First of all I'll say I'm a great Eddy fan. If D. Smorgon didnt exist I'd want him to be the president of our club. I'm also not a Collingwood 'hater'. I think it's kind of cute and quaint the way they think that are a big powerhouse when in reality they have had as much success as us in the last 50 or so years.

Having said that Eddy has allowed them to become fat, lazy and complacent in terms of their footy in general and their disipline in particular over the last five years. He keeps saying one thing and doing another. "WE WONT STAND FOR THIS ANYMORE" has been the constant mantra everytime the shit has hit the fan. Then when it happens again, they excuse the guys involved, even if they are repeat offenders. It's cost them the TAC sponsorship, it's cost them respect and left them with the most illdisiplined playing group currently at an AFL club.

I've been meaning to reply to you Carl for a while about this.
Eddie is the issue/problem at Collingwood. His lack of leadership and failure to delegate has cost the club. The Monday press conference exposed him for the clown he is. All the big talk and his seige mentally when he wasn't required to speak, then when embarassed the next day he leaves for others to speak. I didn't see last night's interview but expect it was more of the answer the problem by aggressive/attacking talk sort of stuff.

We could do with his money and influence but he would be a terrible presdient for us because of these problems.

Topdog
08-08-2008, 09:17 PM
I had a lot more respect for Eddie before this week.

He is purely a politician who needs to really do something instead of just talking about it.