NORTH MEBOURNE v WESTERN BULLDOGS
North Melbourne
B: Daniel Pratt, Lachlan Hansen, Leigh Harding
HB: Michael Firrito, Josh Gibson, Gavin Urquhart
C: Daniel Wells, Adam Simpson, Scott McMahon
HF: Lindsay Thomas, Corey Jones, Sam Power
F: Brent Harvey, David Hale, Matt Campbell
Foll: Drew Petrie, Daniel Harris, Brady Rawlings
I/C (from): Ed Lower, Shannon Grant, Jess Sinclair, Leigh Brown, Blake Grima, Nathan Thompson, Shannon Watt

In: Nathan Thompson, Ed Lower, Adam Simpson
Out: Nil

Western Bulldogs
B: Dale Morris, BrianLake, Tim Callan
HB: Farren Ray, Ryan Hargrave, Lindsay Gilbee
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Daniel Cross
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Adam Cooney, Ryan Griffen
I/C (from): Andrejs Everitt, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Peter Street, Stephen Tiller, Callan Ward

In: Callan, Street, Ward
Out: -

hujsh
07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Potentially all 3 of them could be ins

DOG GOD
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
i'd expect thompson to play against us as he always plays well.

Mantis
07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Disappointed to not see Wight as a possible inclusion.

If Thompson comes in North look they might be able to stretch us down back. Will put some extra responsibility on Everitt or Tiller as they might have to pick up Hale which they may not be ready for.

craigsahibee
07-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Any chance we will play Hudson, Street and Minson (permanently forward)?

hujsh
07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Any chance we will play Hudson, Street and Minson (permanently forward)?

If Minson doesn't work he's stuck there for the game unless Street or Hudson go forward.

3 is too many imo. Unless maybe if the 3rd is Skipper

The Pie Man
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Callan named in the 18, I'm happy about that. Could be the only change (for Tiller) We'd look short down back if Thompson plays - no certainty though

GVGjr
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Callan named in the 18, I'm happy about that. Could be the only change (for Tiller) We'd look short down back if Thompson plays - no certainty though

I'm not sure why but I suspect that there will be another change.

Doesn't the back line look small?

The Pie Man
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM

With Lake & Everett the two talls against a forward line at times throwing up Petrie, Thompson, Edwards & Hale, yeah it does. Shaggy & The Glove can play on talls, but still not ideal - one T Williams would be handy

G-Mo77
07-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm kind of surprised Wight is not listed on the interchange bench. By the looks of that side I find it hard to see Tiller taken out which probably 95% of us expected. Great to see Callan back this team needs another hard nut in there!

Sockeye Salmon
08-08-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm almost certain there will be a late change.

Willi name a 12-man bench for (Bulldogs) Sunday games, only 4 of these 12 are not named in the Willi reserves as well.

This week only 3 of the 12 are not named, that usually means a late change is planned.

bornadog
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm almost certain there will be a late change.

Willi name a 12-man bench for (Bulldogs) Sunday games, only 4 of these 12 are not named in the Willi reserves as well.

This week only 3 of the 12 are not named, that usually means a late change is planned.

Match of the round for Willi on ABC Saturday VFL against Port Melbourne, so we will know then.

Final AFL teams are named tonight around 6pm.

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Reading the paper today..

Williamstown team features Street, Tiller & Everitt

Does this mean Ward & Callan in?

G-Mo77
08-08-2008, 01:06 PM
Reading the paper today..

Williamstown team features Street, Tiller & Everitt

Does this mean Ward & Callan in?

If you look at the team it also has Gia listed as well as Hill and Harbrow. They just name them all when they are named on the interchange from.

bornadog
08-08-2008, 01:26 PM
If you look at the team it also has Gia listed as well as Hill and Harbrow. They just name them all when they are named on the interchange from.

Is Higgins playing?

The Underdog
08-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Anyone else think Johnno might be a late out?

G-Mo77
08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Is Higgins playing?

Nope

B Everitt 73 Meyer 25 Reid 28

HB Picken 18 Cloke 34 Tiller 35

C Stretton 27 Johnson 10 Ward 14

HF Giansiracusa 79 Skipper 12 O'Keefe 30

F Rose 1 Little 6 Hill 20

R Street 58 Jolley 4 Harbrow 40

Int Wight 37 Langlands 21 Galea 7 McKenzie 9 Urch 8 Shaw 43 Wood 45 Stack 19 Lyons 13 Boumann 32 Beaumont 5 Lockwood 29

Anyone else think Johnno might be a late out?

I bloody hope not. I don't want to just beat North on Sunday I would love to thump the hell out of them! Johhno has looked pretty good over the last few weeks and I think that miss will be on his mind going into this game. He'll play IMO.

bornadog
08-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Nope

B Everitt 73 Meyer 25 Reid 28

HB Picken 18 Cloke 34 Tiller 35

C Stretton 27 Johnson 10 Ward 14

HF Giansiracusa 79 Skipper 12 O'Keefe 30

F Rose 1 Little 6 Hill 20

R Street 58 Jolley 4 Harbrow 40

Int Wight 37 Langlands 21 Galea 7 McKenzie 9 Urch 8 Shaw 43 Wood 45 Stack 19 Lyons 13 Boumann 32 Beaumont 5 Lockwood 29 .

That is a worry and must now limit his chances of recovery and play seniors.

The Underdog
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
I bloody hope not. I don't want to just beat North on Sunday I would love to thump the hell out of them! Johhno has looked pretty good over the last few weeks and I think that miss will be on his mind going into this game. He'll play IMO.

You're probably right, I'm just sure he'll get a week or two off coming into the finals. He's been carrying injuries most of the year and even though he's been better the last few weeks, I'd be very surprised if he makes the trip to Brisbane next week and might even be rested this week.

G-Mo77
08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
You're probably right, I'm just sure he'll get a week or two off coming into the finals. He's been carrying injuries most of the year and even though he's been better the last few weeks, I'd be very surprised if he makes the trip to Brisbane next week and might even be rested this week.

I think that Brisbane game is one were players will rest if needed.

bornadog
08-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I think that Brisbane game is one were players will rest if needed.

Makes sense so they don't need to fly up.

The Underdog
08-08-2008, 05:25 PM
NORTH MELBOURNE v WESTERN BULLDOGS
North Melbourne
I/C: Ed Lower, Shannon Grant, Jess Sinclair, Nathan Thompson
EMG: Leigh Brown, Blake Grima, Shannon Watt

In: Thompson, Lower, Simpson
Out: Leigh Brown, Blake Grima, Shannon Watt

Western Bulldogs
I/C: Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Josh Hill, Stephen Tiller
EMG: Andrejs Everitt, Peter Street, Callan Ward

In: Callan
Out: Andrejs Everitt

Anyone else confused?

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Western Bulldogs

Anyone else confused?

No, not really. We need to give Callan another crack and Everitt hasn't been playing all that well. Although I thought he did pretty well last week.

What scares me the most is that Leigh Brown has been dropped :( I wonder if North will go in to favouritism now.

The Underdog
08-08-2008, 05:34 PM
No, not really. We need to give Callan another crack and Everitt hasn't been playing all that well. Although I thought he did pretty well last week.

What scares me the most is that Leigh Brown has been dropped :( I wonder if North will go in to favouritism now.

My confusion is less to do with Tim Callan in than the fact that a few guys down back will be playing on taller opponents as it were. North have destroyed us using this tactic before (i still can't believe Drew Petrie kicked that many against us) and I'm pretty sure they'll have a go again.

Mantis
08-08-2008, 05:35 PM
North Melbourne
I/C: Ed Lower, Shannon Grant, Jess Sinclair, Nathan Thompson
EMG: Leigh Brown, Blake Grima, Shannon Watt

Western Bulldogs

Anyone else confused?

Certainly am....

I hope we win the ball out of the centre and use it well because our backline looks like it might get exposed.

Tiller MUST and I mean MUST honour the faith that has been shown in him with a polished performance.

And with Everitt out it means that Shaggy will probably have to play tall which really sucks...

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
My confusion is less to do with Tim Callan in than the fact that a few guys down back will be playing on taller opponents as it were. North have destroyed us using this tactic before (i still can't believe Drew Petrie kicked that many against us) and I'm pretty sure they'll have a go again.

Wouldn't worry to much. Tiller will go down back as well, he's not small and Hill might even go back there as well. Although doesn't fill me with confidence, i'm sure Eade knows what he's doing. Ray might get a run with role as well, it's not like he'll take a KPP.

The Underdog
08-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Ray might get a run with role as well, it's not like he'll take a KPP.

He took O'Keefe for large portions of the game last week. I know O'Keefe's not huge but he is essentially their CHF. Oh and I saw Tiller down back last week, that's what doesn't fill me with confidence. His endeavour's good but he'll be in trouble against pretty much any of Thompson, Hale or Petrie. Perhaps Corey Jones is his man.

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 06:14 PM
He took O'Keefe for large portions of the game last week. I know O'Keefe's not huge but he is essentially their CHF. Oh and I saw Tiller down back last week, that's what doesn't fill me with confidence.

Tiller has been playing defence for most of the season, even down at Willy. He's actually pretty good, his errors creep in when he's got the ball. Which isn't so bad for a 3rd string defender. He'll get better with every game he gets. I agree though it would be nice to see Williams out there but i have confidence in Tiller.

Ray on O'Keefe was an interesting one. He's like Sydney's Robert Murphy. I thought Ray did some good things last week. Contrary to some people's beliefs Ray goes in pretty dam hard as we saw a few times against Sydney.

Edit: For reason I wrote that as if I was in grade 5. :( Dam you Arts degree!

Sedat
08-08-2008, 06:33 PM
They sure are giving Tiller every chance to cement his place in the side.

LostDoggy
08-08-2008, 07:47 PM
...Already posted TCD by Underdog up there ^^^

Yeah leaving Tiller in is frustrating, yet they take Everitt out, his game was much better than Tillers...this kid needs to do something this weekend, hes fighting for a spot

Raw Toast
08-08-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll be more surprised if Everitt doesn't play.

Topdog
08-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Can't understand it. Tiller was by far our worst player last week.

G-Mo77
08-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Take him out though and we are even smaller down back. He is pretty lucky. I honestly thought Wight would have been called up for this game in place of Tiller.

The Coon Dog
09-08-2008, 02:40 AM
AFL Website (http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=65023)

Just checked the website above & it has changed since the earlier posts were posted.

Says 2 changes now:

In: Tim Callan & Callan Ward

Out: Andrejs Everitt & Josh Hill

GVGjr
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Whilst North have predictably loaded up with talls in the forward line I'm surprised that they dropped Watts who generally does a great job curbing Johnson.

I'm happy to have Ward in the side this week as well but I thought Hill had done enough to be kept in the side. Big test to see if Tiller can turn things around and have a good game against the Roos.

The Underdog
09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
Whilst North have predictably loaded up with talls in the forward line I'm surprised that they dropped Watts who generally does a great job curbing Johnson.

I'm happy to have Ward in the side this week as well but I thought Hill had done enough to be kept in the side. Big test to see if Tiller can turn things around and have a good game against the Roos.

Agree, thought Hill should have kept his spot, but also glad to see Cal Ward get a game.
Tiller's endeavour is not in question but whether he can curb a bigger more experienced opponent this week is. Cam Wight must really be on the outs to not even get a look in.

Stevo
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM

I agree with both you and Underdog that the inclusion of Ward is a good one. I think we will find that he is given a specific assignment against North.
Hills omission is intriguiging because he has that that good burst of pace and seems more than capable of kicking a goal. He has proven to be a better mark than I first thought as well. The word from the club is that in the next season or two he could almost be used in a Brad Johnson type role as that deceptive smallish forward who gets a lot of goals by out marking his opponents.
I think Tiller was worth persevering with especially since neither Wight or Everitt are in good enough form.

The Pie Man
09-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Agree, thought Hill should have kept his spot, but also glad to see Cal Ward get a game.
Tiller's endeavour is not in question but whether he can curb a bigger more experienced opponent this week is. Cam Wight must really be on the outs to not even get a look in.

This is what really confuses me - last time Cam was a late inclusion against Melbourne he did ok. I'm not his biggest fan, but he could be really important should Williams not come up for September. Must be in serious doubt to be retained on this list for 09

No complaints about Cal Ward getting a game, though I thought Josh was worth persevering with, did some nice things last week.

Tiller surviving instead of Everett is just bizarre. Really strange. One school of thought mabe that they want Andrejs to gain as much confidence before September, though I would've thought last week's solid effort would provide that platform. He's a tall we sorely need to develop quickly, and we all agree he'll be class in a few years. I hope he plays well today and gets back in the ones next week.

Best of luck to Tiller, I rate him, but probably more as a forward, and it's obvious he'll play back tomorrow. He was way worse than Andrejs last week, which is the most confusing aspect of the team selected.

Bring on Willy live on TV today - hope Skip can kick a few today and bring down some contested grabs inside 50 - I still think of his mark/goal in the St Kilda draw last year and think 'that's what we need'

The Pie Man
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
North Melbourne

While we're on the teams, does anyone think Leigh Brown would be worth pursuing in trade week? Can't seem to cement a spot in that side, I think he could add value

Tim Boyle's another who could be worth a shot

Bulldog Revolution
09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I agree with both you and Underdog that the inclusion of Ward is a good one. I think we will find that he is given a specific assignment against North.
Hills omission is intriguiging because he has that that good burst of pace and seems more than capable of kicking a goal. He has proven to be a better mark than I first thought as well. The word from the club is that in the next season or two he could almost be used in a Brad Johnson type role as that deceptive smallish forward who gets a lot of goals by out marking his opponents.
I think Tiller was worth persevering with especially since neither Wight or Everitt are in good enough form.

He does still miss a few but I thought Hill had made a couple of good tackles in Canberra also, that might have seen him still in the team. But he isn't far off. He will be a very good overhead mark eventually, he's already pretty good.

The selection of the team suggests there are more changes to come.

The Underdog
09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
While we're on the teams, does anyone think Leigh Brown would be worth pursuing in trade week? Can't seem to cement a spot in that side, I think he could add value

Tim Boyle's another who could be worth a shot

Christ NOOO to both. Brown would struggle for a spot in our side. He's an honest trier with few skills. Boyle is the classic 3rd forward without the class to be a top level key position player. Hawks wanted a first rounder for him last year apparently, now he's in and out of their team because he isn't that good. Would be even worse without Franklin and Roughhead there.

The Underdog
09-08-2008, 10:54 AM
He does still miss a few but I thought Hill had made a couple of good tackles in Canberra also, that might have seen him still in the team. But he isn't far off. He will be a very good overhead mark eventually, he's already pretty good.

The selection of the team suggests there are more changes to come.

The odd thing is that he's very strong overhead. We've dropped a tall and a player who plays above his height and haven't replaced those capabilites against a team who've exploited us with talls in the past.

Rocket Science
09-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Interesting to note NO Peter Street in today's Williamstown squad, with Skipper slated to handle most of the ruck duties.

Hudson to sit out tomorrow?

LostDoggy
09-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Yep first thing i noticed..

And Everitt playing so def out...bad selection for taking him out when we're playing a tall kangaroos side

Wight is also playing as i speak, running off half back and hes kicked it to port melbourne! nice one wighty haha

1eyedog
09-08-2008, 03:24 PM

Drew is a very good and highly under-rated player

1eyedog
09-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Everitt out is a real head scratcher

Rocket Science
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM

Not if you saw his game in the VFL today...team structure-wise, perhaps...but form-wise, he's a (though not the only) weak link in the ones at the moment.

Will be fascinating to see how we structure up tomorrow.

Topdog
09-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Drew is a very good and highly under-rated player

6 in a quarter good?

BulldogBelle
09-08-2008, 06:38 PM

It is surprising, perhaps it might be a discipline thing?

Topdog
09-08-2008, 06:44 PM
He had played 3 fairly average matches in a row. Why is it surprising?

GVGjr
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM

Not if you saw his game in the VFL today...team structure-wise, perhaps...but form-wise, he's a (though not the only) weak link in the ones at the moment.

Will be fascinating to see how we structure up tomorrow.

I initially thought it was strange that Everitt was omitted albeit that we all knew his form wasn't flash but in a game today where you would hope he could perform well, he was well below expectations.

I agree with RS that it will be very interesting to see who lines up tomorrow and how Eade sets the structure.

LostDoggy
09-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Is Hudson carrying an injury? His form hasnt been to flash in the last 3 weeks so he probably needs a spell

Bumper Bulldogs
10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Hopefully we will go out their today to run and carry the footy. It may be a plan for september to see if the run and carry will stand up.

Who knows......... well i hope rocket

hujsh
10-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Potentially all 3 of them could be ins

and they were