PDA

View Full Version : Today Show - Milestones for Two AFL Greats!

Sockeye Salmon
08-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Shane Crawford - 300 games
Joel Bowden - 250 games

That hack Andrew McLeod didn't get a mention. Not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as that AFL "Great" Joel Bowden.

That's what happens when you let Sydneysiders write about AFL.

hujsh
08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
lol

McLeod is better than both.

Pembleton
08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Shane Crawford - 300 games
Joel Bowden - 250 games

That hack Andrew McLeod didn't get a mention. Not worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as that AFL "Great" Joel Bowden.

That is awful.

Scorlibo
08-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Living in Canberra I get all that sort of stupidity, at the start of the year the Canberra Times made one of those pre-season AFL guides with write-ups on each club players stats etc. and tipped the dogs to finish last. In Canberra a lot of people read the Canberra Times and I had mates (who obviously don't know too much about AFL) come up to me and say, "the doggies aren't goin to go too well this year you know". It was awful but bloody good at the same time for the dogs to come out this season and prove them wrong.:cool:

hujsh
08-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Living in Canberra I get all that sort of stupidity, at the start of the year the Canberra Times made one of those pre-season AFL guides with write-ups on each club players stats etc. and tipped the dogs to finish last. In Canberra a lot of people read the Canberra Times and I had mates (who obviously don't know too much about AFL) come up to me and say, "the doggies aren't goin to go too well this year you know". It was awful but bloody good at the same time for the dogs to come out this season and prove them wrong.:cool:

And they didn't realise that the paper is not the orical?

Pembleton
08-08-2008, 06:42 PM

A lot of Victorians weren't much closer to getting it right. For that matter, neither were a lot of dogs fans.

In february i was at a quiet pub in Port Melbourne, drunkenly and loudly proclaiming our certain return to the finals in '08. Nobody was sympathetic to my view. I told them that they'll remember me when the Dogs are flying this year and think, 'that drunk bloke was right'...haha, good times.

westdog54
10-08-2008, 02:11 AM
A lot of Victorians weren't much closer to getting it right. For that matter, neither were a lot of dogs fans.

In february i was at a quiet pub in Port Melbourne, drunkenly and loudly proclaiming our certain return to the finals in '08. Nobody was sympathetic to my view. I told them that they'll remember me when the Dogs are flying this year and think, 'that drunk bloke was right'...haha, good times.

Funnily enough I managed to strike up a very vivid mental picture of the very scene you just described. Looked pretty damn funny too.

Sydney's media is indeed a joke.

Mofra
10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Having lived there, it's not just a lack of knowledge of the game, it is a sheer & utter lack of comprehension of how much the sport means to so many people around the country.

The best way to describe it is when talking about AFL in Melbourne, the question is "who do you follow?". Anyone who replies "nobody" gets the same look as someone who says "I have a second anus named Trevor".
In Sydney, the question is whether you follow a team, League or otherwise. I get annoyed that national broadcasts give League equal billing to AFL, let alone try & write about it.

craigsahibee
12-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Funnily enough I managed to strike up a very vivid mental picture of the very scene you just described. Looked pretty damn funny too.

Sydney's media is indeed a joke.

Melbourne's media is not much better. I am not interested in any other club and I get more factual info from WOOF than from any other form of media.

Cyberdoggie
12-08-2008, 11:55 AM

isn't that an annual ritual?

:p