PDA

View Full Version : Changes against the Lions?

LostDoggy
11-08-2008, 09:13 PM
So what changes will we make against the Lions?

In Hudson, Hill and Everitt
Out Street, Tiller and Ray?

Any chance that Higgins or Williams could be available?

LostDoggy
11-08-2008, 09:34 PM
In: Hudson, Everitt
Out: Street, Tiller

Higgo to play with Willi this week. I would love for Eagle to be dropped. Make a statement. Love the bloke but his one or two left foot goals on the run can't make up for his total lack of accountability and hunger for the contest. People will probably disagree but it's just my opinion.

The Bulldogs Bite
11-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Eagleton is playing himself into retirement ATM.

He's lucky to still be playing, once West/Higgins are fit then I would rather him dropped. He does a few nice things a game but we can't afford a player who refuses to work defensively and only rarely runs the lines anyway. Good kick - yes - but he doesn't do anywhere NEAR enough. The fact that he never tackles and sometimes pulls out of contests is a sure thing that he isn't earning his spot in the side.

Been patient with Eagle, and thought he's been a good player of the few years for us, but enough is enough - he has to go.

IN: Hudson, Hill
OUT: Street, Eagleton

1eyedog
11-08-2008, 09:43 PM

Higgo to play with Willi this week. I would love for Eagle to be dropped. Make a statement. Love the bloke but his one or two left foot goals on the run can't make up for his total lack of accountability and hunger for the contest. People will probably disagree but it's just my opinion.

Mantis would disagree as he loves him but I reckon he deserves a rest (a hmmm) should be dropped, sorry got something caught in my throat. Should make way for Everitt, Huddo should come back in for Street hopefully. I have heard no word on West or Williams, hopefully both are not far off.

Mantis
11-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Mantis would disagree as he loves him but I reckon he deserves a rest (a hmmm) should be dropped, sorry got something caught in my throat. Should make way for Everitt, Huddo should come back in for Street hopefully. I have heard no word on West or Williams, hopefully both are not far off.

Do I?

Ok so he isn't my favourite player, but I do see what he brings to the team when he is in good form. His kicking penetration is a powerful asset and when he is on song he can be a valuable contributor, but sadly he isn't... on song that is.

I was having a heated discusion (a slanging match) regarding Eagleton's worth in the 3rd qtr after he squibbed a contest. I was told he was in the team to be used as a finisher and that he is allowed to hang out as every team has one. I asked who is Geelong's - I was told it was Josh Hunt, yeah whatever, back to Eagleton.

So 2 minutes later as we are making a charge Eagleton runs inside 50 under no pressure and kicks the ball out on the full.

CASE CLOSED!!

1eyedog
11-08-2008, 09:59 PM
See I told you you did:D

Mantis
11-08-2008, 10:18 PM
But I can't see him being dropped now.

In: Hudson, Hill

Tiller has no role and until he does he shouldn't be playing.

LostDoggy
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
In: Hudson, Hill...how bout giving another young kid a go? Stack? Everitt not interested enough in Williamstown to warrant a return so soon
Out: Tiller (if not last week do it now, PLEASE), Street

hujsh
11-08-2008, 10:36 PM
No one can argue with Hudson for Street.

Would Wood be near ready for a game? Only really mention him cause he got in the bests for Willy.

I see Tiller's possible replacements as Stack, Hill, O'Keefe or Everitt. Not too happy with any of them in the team ATM. Hope they can change my mind though.

BulldogBelle
12-08-2008, 12:01 AM
No one can argue with Hudson for Street.

Would Wood be near ready for a game? Only really mention him cause he got in the bests for Willy.

I see Tiller's possible replacements as Stack, Hill, O'Keefe or Everitt. Not too happy with any of them in the team ATM. Hope they can change my mind though.

Think its getting far too late in the season to be experimenting with new players...sure Wood/Stack etc may have played well for Willy, but they wont be playing come September...Lets consolidate our team structure now, and get some rhythm before the finals (read winning!)

In: Hudson and Hill
Out: Tiller and Street

Some thought needs to go into the match ups on the twin towers, Brown and Bradshaw...Lake to Brown and Morris to Bradshaw? We dont have much of a Plan B if those match ups dont work...no Wight or Williams...

Scraggers
12-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Think its getting far too late in the season to be experimenting with new players...sure Wood/Stack etc may have played well for Willy, but they wont be playing come September...Lets consolidate our team structure now, and get some rhythm before the finals (read winning!)

In: Hudson and Hill
Out: Tiller and Street

Some thought needs to go into the match ups on the twin towers, Brown and Bradshaw...Lake to Brown and Morris to Bradshaw? We dont have much of a Plan B if those match ups dont work...no Wight or Williams...

We could go Lake to Bradshaw and Morris to Brown ... that'll confuse 'em :confused:

craigsahibee
12-08-2008, 08:33 AM

I don't disagree. Thanks Nathan. But I think we should call it off. It's not me, it's you.;)

LostDoggy
12-08-2008, 08:47 AM
In: Huddo Hill/Stack
Out: Street Tiller

I do like Tillers efforts to get to the ball he does seriously seem to try IMO however when he gets it he butchers it. Hopefully it is something he can focus on in his training for the rest of the year and comming preseason. I don't think he should be replaced by Everitt if the kid isn't interested in Willy seniors than he shouldn't get a recall until he focuses on why he was put there in the first place, get some form.

The Pie Man
12-08-2008, 09:07 AM
Do I?

Ok so he isn't my favourite player, but I do see what he brings to the team when he is in good form. His kicking penetration is a powerful asset and when he is on song he can be a valuable contributor, but sadly he isn't... on song that is.

I was having a heated discusion (a slanging match) regarding Eagleton's worth in the 3rd qtr after he squibbed a contest. I was told he was in the team to be used as a finisher and that he is allowed to hang out as every team has one. I asked who is Geelong's - I was told it was Josh Hunt, yeah whatever, back to Eagleton.

So 2 minutes later as we are making a charge Eagleton runs inside 50 under no pressure and kicks the ball out on the full.

CASE CLOSED!!

Horrible wasn't it - if not for injuries, that was game over for Benji (my nickname for Eagleton) Funny thing was he had 21 touches, worst 21 disposal game of football I've seen.

BulldogBelle
12-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Saw Eagle dragged down to a back pocket for a short time on Sunday, which made me SCREAM

He needs to be on the Wing or at Willy

Go_Dogs
12-08-2008, 10:42 AM
In: Hudson, Stack

We'll need Hargrave/Morris to battle above their weight again, but that's ok. Everitt, Tiller and now Wight being injured there is no one who can play Williams role.

Stack I would love to see get a game. Could play up forward/back and will add some spark and enthusiasm.

ledge
12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Only reason Tiller should get a game this week is if Eade decides to put him up forward where he belongs and our players look for him, not ignore him like they did in the second game against Melbourne when he was out on his own so many times within range.

Rocket Science
12-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Hudson for Street aside, any other changes are incidental tinkering...There's 3 or 4 blokes who genuinely warrant demotion to Willi, but nobody banging down the door to make a case for promotion...not even some polite knocking.

What we need is the whole bloody team to lift and avoid being fodder for another opponent with plenty to play for...Brisbane, at home, with a spot in the eight on the line is no walk in the park, and if even half our blokes treat it like a dead rubber I think we can guess the likely result.

G-Mo77
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Is Hudson right to come back in though? If he needs rest it makes sense to leave him at home for this game.

Saw Eagle dragged down to a back pocket for a short time on Sunday, which made me SCREAM

First time I actually let fly with the F bomb at the footy for a very long time was when I saw Eagle playing in the pocket and letting Campbell run into an open goal. :mad:

I apologised to the people in front of me soon after. :o

Ozza
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Absolute no brainer with the outs....

Hudson and Hill in.
Street and Tiller out.

Happy for anyone to come in for those two really.

LostDoggy
12-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I didnt think Hill played very well at Willy on the weekend.

hujsh
12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I didnt think Hill played very well at Willy on the weekend.

He didn't which is why i tossed up Wood as a possibility

1eyedog
13-08-2008, 10:37 AM
We could go Lake to Bradshaw and Morris to Brown ... that'll confuse 'em :confused:

Oh yeah kinda like when David beat Goliath scenario

Raw Toast
14-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Tiller and Street out for Hudson and Hill, fairly predictable.

Brisbane Lions v Western Bulldogs
Gabba @ 7.10pm

BRISBANE
B: Joel Macdonald, Daniel Merrett, Joel Patfull
HB: Justin Sherman, Jason Roe, Ashley McGrath
C: Bradd Dalziell, Simon Black, Jed Adcock
HF: Michael Rischitelli, Jonathan Brown, Jared Brennan
F: Rhan Hooper, Daniel Bradshaw, Albert Proud
Foll: Jamie Charman, Luke Power, Travis Johnstone
Int: Colm Begley, Matthew Moody, James Hawksley, Robert Copeland
Emg: Lachlan Henderson, Anthony Corrie, Tim Notting

In: Macdonald, Moody, Copeland
Out: Josh Drummond (quad), Tim Notting (omitted), Lachlan Henderson (omitted)

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: Lindsay Gilbee, Brian Lake, Tim Callan
HB: Ryan Griffen, Dale Morris, Ryan Hargrave
C: Nathan Eagleton, Matthew Boyd, Josh Hill
HF: Robert Murphy, Mitch Hahn, Brad Johnson
F: Jason Akermanis, Will Minson, Scott Welsh
Foll: Ben Hudson, Daniel Cross, Adam Cooney
Int: Daniel Giansiracusa, Jarrod Harbrow, Farren Ray, Callan Ward
Emg: Andrejs Everitt, Sam Reid, Stephen Tiller

In: Hill, Hudson
Out: Tiller, Street

KT31
15-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Tiller and Street were both woeful on the weekend and are not up to playing senior level.
How can you be that tall and not be able to take a mark above your head.
Not like anyone is able reach and spoil.
Street will have to stay on the list because of height ,but Tiller will be lucky if still on list at end of season.
Eagleton should have been dropped last year to try and get some form back.
When he pulled out of the contest against Geelong he should have been made an example of.

KT31
15-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Are we the first team to play in every state and territory in one season ?

And if we beat Brisbane and Adelaide surely we will be the only team to have won in every state and territory.

And would that therefore mean we are The Undisputed Australian Champions ?

LostDoggy
15-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Street will have to stay on the list because of height ,but Tiller will be lucky if still on list at end of season.
Sorry but this is BS.
Why will he be lucky to be on the list? Its his second year of senior football. We've kept worse players longer.

Go_Dogs
15-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry but this is BS.
Why will he be lucky to be on the list? Its his second year of senior football. We've kept worse players longer.

Agreed, Tiller has shown steady improvement during his time on the list, and certainly won't be delisted at seasons end.

Pretty harsh assessment KT31, although Tiller's form has been pretty average the past few weeks.

BulldogBelle
16-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Wonder if any clubs would be interested in trading for Street. Maybe a 3rd round draft pick for him?

With Ayce Cordy coming on board next year, Minson maturing, Hudson reaching his peak, Boumann a possible ruck back up, and if we draft another 'mature' ruckman...do we need him?

He has played well in the VFL in patches this season, but at 27 if he was going to show any promise/form in the seniors he would have done it by now.

hujsh
16-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Wonder if any clubs would be interested in trading for Street. Maybe a 3rd round draft pick for him?

With Ayce Cordy coming on board next year, Minson maturing, Hudson reaching his peak, Boumann a possible ruck back up, and if we draft another 'mature' ruckman...do we need him?

He has played well in the VFL in patches this season, but at 27 if he was going to show any promise/form in the seniors he would have done it by now.

No point having a mature backup ruckman if he plays like he did vs the roos.

Sockeye Salmon
16-08-2008, 06:01 PM

1) Who in their right mind would give up anything at all for Street? 3rd round pick? You're dreaming. Steven King was a premiership ruckman and was worth nothing.

2) Why would you delist/trade Street and then draft another ruck backup?

3) Ayce Cordy weighs 70kgs. He will not play ruck in the seniors for years. he is also first and foremost a forward rather than a ruckman.

4) Boumann is 196cm and not a ruckman either. Perhaps you meant Mulligan but he's only a rookie and has been playing VFL reserves.

I agree with everything else, though.