PDA

View Full Version : West To Return This Weekend!.....To Williamstown

LostDoggy
13-08-2008, 04:01 PM
IM EXCITED!!!!

I will be going to watch them play...should be a big turnout

Bulldog Scott West is looking forward to his return to the football field this weekend with both enthusiasm and trepidation.
West will play his first game since round six on Saturday in the Williamstown-Bendigo Bombers clash at Burbank Oval having overcome an ongoing knee problem.

“I’m really looking forward to getting back out there but at the same time I haven’t played at VFL level since 1993 so it will be quite strange to be out there in more of a local footy atmosphere,” he said today. “To think that my kids might be standing next to me at the quarter time or three quarter time huddle is quite funny.”

West is expected to line up for Williamstown and will be monitored throughout the game by Bulldogs fitness and medical staff to ensure he does not overdue things.

“I need to find a balance between getting some match fitness and not pushing myself too hard in the first game back. The Bulldogs fitness staff have had me on a training plan and I won’t diverting from that.”

Western Bulldogs Assistant Coach Leon Cameron agreed. "It's been a long road for him and all is on track for him to play which is great for him.”

"He's got to train tomorrow and make sure he's OK and ticks all the boxes and away he goes on Saturday."

This week is a busy week for the veteran Bulldogs player as his wife Leschelle gave birth today (12pm) to a baby boy – Levi Jackson West – weighing in at 8 pounds 4 ounces.

The Club would like to wish the West family all the very best. Levi is the couple’s fourth son and joins brothers Ryhlee, Kobi and Cooper.

-Also does not mention Shaun Higgins but i read in the paper he is also expected to play..

Source:
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/tabid/4112/Default.aspx?newsid=65419

Take a look at the picture of "Scotty West" :)

1eyedog
13-08-2008, 04:02 PM
West in the wings more like it.

bornadog
13-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Four Sons, lets hope they can follow in Dads footsteps.

LostDoggy
13-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Oh damn, they took down "Wests" picture

Caption was "West set to return to Williamstown this week" below a picture of Daniel Cross ;)

Cyberdoggie
13-08-2008, 05:25 PM
wow didn't know he was so productive!

let's hope they end up at the dogs,

interesting names for the kids as well,

Levi? he either likes jeans or maybe he is jewish?

Mofra
13-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Levi is the couple’s fourth son and joins brothers Ryhlee, Kobi and Cooper.
No offence to anyone on this board, but what is Westy thinking with the spelling of Ryhlee? Levi? Were these kids conceived in Moe?

LostDoggy
13-08-2008, 07:53 PM
No offence to anyone on this board, but why is the focus all on his kids and not the fact that he is finally playing a game of football? We've been waiting for this since round 6...not to know his kids name :|

LostDoggy
13-08-2008, 08:04 PM
This is wonderfull news. I will be looking foward to watching Westy play again.

Go_Dogs
13-08-2008, 09:22 PM
This is wonderfull news. I will be looking foward to watching Westy play again.

Certainly great news. Hopefully he can be back out for the Dogs by Rd 21/22.

Bulldogs_6
13-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Keep the kids coming Westy! Good chance that 1 in 4 could be half as good as their papa ;)

Dancin' Douggy
13-08-2008, 09:55 PM
God Bless You Scotty.
Hope You Pull Up Well And Play For Several More Years.
3 Cheers For Westy...........hip Hip.............

1eyedog
13-08-2008, 09:57 PM
wow didn't know he was so productive!

let's hope they end up at the dogs,

interesting names for the kids as well,

Levi? he either likes jeans or maybe he is jewish?

His wife liked the name and it stuck after she wrote an essay on Primo Levi at uni

hujsh
13-08-2008, 10:17 PM
God Bless You Scotty.
Hope You Pull Up Well And Play For Several More Years.
3 Cheers For Westy...........hip Hip.............

hooray

We can't win a GF without Westy. Or it won't be as good at least if we did.

Cyberdoggie
14-08-2008, 01:43 PM
His wife liked the name and it stuck after she wrote an essay on Primo Levi at uni

that is a very handy piece of information you have there.

thanks scott,

and good luck on the weekend.

;)

1eyedog
14-08-2008, 01:57 PM
that is a very handy piece of information you have there.

thanks scott,

and good luck on the weekend.

;)

I spoke to him a month ago and told him I'd just had a child and named it Alexander, he told me the name of his children and I inquired about Levi, he told me and we didn't even discuss football or injuries.;)

The Pie Man
16-08-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm tipping a reasonable crowd at Willy today (and likely a fair media contigent too) Anyone going with wireless internet?

No? Too much to ask? Ok, not the most popular of ideas

If you can't tell, I'm very much looking forward to a report on today's output from West & Higgins ;)

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm tipping a reasonable crowd at Willy today (and likely a fair media contigent too) Anyone going with wireless internet?

No? Too much to ask? Ok, not the most popular of ideas

If you can't tell, I'm very much looking forward to a report on today's output from West & Higgins ;)

I'm heading there shortly. I should be able to report on the game

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 12:16 PM
The weather is terrible in Williamstown at the moment.
Heard Westy interviewed last week and its exactly how he wanted it.
Not sure if I'll head down there.
That ground is quite possibly the coldest place in Melbourne.

Happy Days
16-08-2008, 12:51 PM
its not on ABC by chance?

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Not on live unfortunately else id be staying in to watch

Ill be there for the first half at least, depends whether im too cold to stay around for the 2nd half haha

Ill give u's some score updates / west, higgins updates at qtr time, half time etc

I have an iphone so wireless is not a problemo :)