PDA

View Full Version : Williamstown vs Bendigo Bombers VFL - Live Updates

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Hey guys im heading down there very shortly..down here its absolutely pouring..so not sure how long im staying but it will be at least till half time..

Ive got my iphone so ill give updates on scores, west, higgins and other doggies players..ill try and give mid quarter updates if not, ill give qtr time & half time etc

Stay tuned..

hujsh
16-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Top stuff. Look forward to what you have to say.

Happy Days
16-08-2008, 01:28 PM
As do I. FWIW fairly massive bloke effort alexxx.

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Been here watching the ressies and bendigo have had the 1 inside 50 which lasted seconds..stack is playing and had a nice run through the middle and kicked to a man on the goal line..had plenty of the ball and kicked 2 behinds.. willy won 36.25.241 to 0.2.2 absolute belting..shocking effort by bombers..seniors just out..westy wearing no. 23

More to come..

Rocket Science
16-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Much obliged alexxx...hope you took a thermos or a pocket flask.

Staggering scoreline...Stack in the Magoo's eh?...been calls round here for a promotion to the Dogs of late.

Please keep us posted on all matters Westy

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 03:37 PM
freezing down here..

Williamstown lead at qtr time 8.6.54 to absolutely nothing

Westy is looking good had a few hballs and played most of the qtr..kicked a nice drilling pass to higgins

Higgins is looking great..running freely getting some of it..kicked a goal from westys nice pass

Tiller and EVeritt doing orrite down back getting couple of marks

Streett dominating ruck as usual

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 04:17 PM
half time update

Williamstown 12.12.84 to bendigo 1.2.8

Westy had a few possies that qtr including a nice hball out of a pack..
Higgins kicked 1.1 that qtr..
Tiller quiet
Everitt has had a couple of shots running into goal has a behind
Skipper kicked a goal that qtr too playin alright.

Might stay till the end unless it starts raining has held off so far

hujsh
16-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Top work Alexxx

The Coon Dog
16-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanxxx Alexxx!

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 05:02 PM
3qt Williamstown 19.19.133 Bendigo 1.3.9

Good qtr from guy okeefe who kicked 2..has had a decent game n only just recognized him

Decent qtrs by Higgs and westy everitt not bad

Tiller actually had a good qtr some good defensive work and kicked a good 50m goal on the run

BulldogBelle
16-08-2008, 05:08 PM
alexxx,

Thank you for posting that information, it is much appreciated - good to see Scotty West and Higgins going well. :)

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Left with about 20mins to go it started raining bit heavy

Nothing too noticeable about the last for our boys bit quiet

Last score I saw was 21.25.152 to 1.4.10

Will try and type bit more web I'm home driving time!

Mofra
16-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Excellent work alexxx - if I remember that Bundy ad for the top form award correctly, you'd be leading it by my guestimation.

craigsahibee
16-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Great work Alexxx. Love your commitment to the cause. 3 votes. Well done.

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Saw both games and they were total one sided thrashings of the hapless Bombers.

Quite a few players were in the reserves including Stack, Mulligan, White, Boumann and O'Shea.

The reserves kept Bendigo goalless so O'Shea was mainly stuck at the wrong end of the ground. Stack played very well and Mulligan wrecked havoc in the last quarter as a forward.

I'll write up something a bit later.

BulldogBelle
16-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Saw both games and they were total one sided thrashings of the hapless Bombers.

You must have froze out there, it is absolutely freezing today. That's dedication for you! Looking forward to reading your report GVG. :)

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Under or in the grandstand it wasn't too bad.
The outer was freezing.

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Damn its good to be inside

Such a cold day, glad i dont go out there every week..

Solid effort from our players, cant really say any of them had a bad game...Guy OKeefe/Easton Wood had a good game even if i didnt mention them much, had to take off my westy binoculors to notice them lol

Interesting Sam Reid was out there, who played a decent game..does that mean we have a diff emergency now?

Only player that seemed to have a shocker was Cameron Cloke who turned it over a bloody lot, especially when kicking into the forward line..poor clokey lol.

Now Westy would not be ready to play seniors next week, needs fair bit more game time, his age showed today as you would expect...but Higgins on the other hand..we should give him one more game and he could be right for a rd22 return... He ran quite freely..made an erorr or two in the 3rd qtr with wayward handballs but overall a solid performance.

(On a random side note, Harold from Neighbours was standing on the hill behind me which was funny to see)

The Bulldogs Bite
16-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Always hard to gauge where our players are at when the contest is so ridiculously one sided, because obviously, the traffic was all one way, and whilst it would have been good for Westy/Higgins confidence, it's hard to tell if they are genuinely not far off the mark or if it was simply that the opposition was that bad.

Who have Willy got next week?

How did Westy move/jog/run? That's probably the most important aspect of the game. If West was moving OK then you'd expect in a few weeks time he'd be a strong chance. If he was awkward or stiff, then it's going to be tough for him, and certainly a day-to-day thing with him.

Higgins might be the best chance of the lot to earn a position back in the lineup, he was doing OK prior to injury and if he can put up another good showing next week then it's likely he could find himself playing R22.

The hardest thing for Eade is managing West, Williams & Higgins. We can't bring them all back at once and arguably, we might not be able to bring all three back - we might have to settle for two - but either way, it makes it a difficult task. Perhaps Higgins or West - depending how they pull up - may be thrown straight into it next week? That then allows the other to push for R22 selection and Williams for the Final?

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 07:22 PM
Under or in the grandstand it wasn't too bad.
The outer was freezing.

Was your Dad talking to the Bulldogs recruiting guys?

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Official scores

2008 VFL Seniors
Williamstown 8.6 12.12 19.19 23.27 (165)
Bendigo Bombers 0.0 1.2 1.3 1.4 (10)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Rose 5 Skipper 4 O'Keefe 3 Little 3 Higgins 2 Johnson 2 Tiller Street Picken Urch
Bendigo Bombers: Bellchambers

BEST:
Williamstown: McKenzie Jolley Higgins Johnson Stretton West
Bendigo Bombers: Skipworth Crameri Johnson Hooker Chartres Williams

Reserves

Williamstown 10.2 18.12 26.14 36.25 (241)
Bendigo Bombers 0.1 0.2 0.2 0.2 (2)

GOALS:
Williamstown: Galea 9 Mulligan 4 Dickson 3 Cartelli 3 Cravino 3 Young 3 Stack 3 Georgiadis 3 Chiu 2 Grossman 2 Keddell

BEST:
Williamstown: Keddell Stack Galea Chiu Cravino O'Shea
Bendigo Bombers: Taylor Thomson Humphrey Ford Young Gawthor

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Was your Dad talking to the Bulldogs recruiting guys?

Yes. I was there for a little while too. Wish you would say hello.

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I think Rose kicked most of his goals in the first quarter

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Good to see West in the best, i thought he did well but didnt expect him in there..

Higgins though was one of best on ground (even if some of his plays were quite individual :))

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 07:31 PM
For the reserves

Stack played mainly in the middle and a bit up forward. He seemed to be suffering from back tightness early in the first quarter. Whilst I though he performed well, he did waste a few opportunities. He seems to be a natural half forward flanker rather than defender.

Mulligan rucked early on before kicking to or 3 in the last quarter as a forward. His marking, which I don't rate as a strength of his, has improved a bit but then again Bendio weren't really in the hunt.

White performed well in the first half but slowed down a fair bit after that.

O'Shea was named as one of the better players but honestly he wasn't in the play enough as far as I am concerned and that wasn't his fault.

Boumann played mainly as a key forward and was very patchy.

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Yes. I was there for a little while too. Wish you would say hello.

Now I know what you look like I will next time. ;)
Was your Dad giving the recruiting guys a hard time about the draft picks? :) They actually let a bit more information slip than they should have.

GVGjr
16-08-2008, 09:32 PM
For the firsts,

Wayde Skipper moved between CHF and ruck and even though he didn't dominate it was good for him to get back into some form. 4 goals was a good effort

Scott West played the majority of the game in the midfield and got a lot of possessions. He didn't move as freely as he should have but I think just one more week and he will be ready for a return to the seniors.

Sam Reid started in the midfield but was very patchy throughout the game. He seemed to be struggling a bit with a shoulder injury.

Guy O'Keefe moved between the forward and midfield and looked sharp today. He was busy with his tackling and attacked the ball especially in the 2nd half. Kicked a couple of nice long goals.

Stephen Tiller played as a defender and returned to his form from a few weeks back. He coughed the ball up a couple of times but he did provide plenty of run.

Easton Wood started across half back and had a decent first half but didn't appear after the main break. I'm not aware what type of injury he might have suffered.

Peter Street did a good job but he was clearly better than his opponents.

Andrejs Everitt really did return to form today. He ran nicely with the ball and his kicking improved from the last couple of weeks. He also displayed some good judgement with his marking.

Shaun Higgins really did have a good game. He played mainly in the midfield after starting on a wing and got a fair bit of the footy. He is ready for a return if needed.

If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them.

LostDoggy
16-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Great reports, better results!

Happy Days
17-08-2008, 01:02 AM
West and Higgins touted as BOG and 2nd BOG on Fox's coverage of Doggies V Lions tonight.

Cyberdoggie
17-08-2008, 01:45 AM
West and Higgins touted as BOG and 2nd BOG on Fox's coverage of Doggies V Lions tonight.

yeah that was a load of bs.

west had plenty of touches but then so did practically everyone. It was a rout.

The opposition were so feeble it wasn't funny, they made everyone look good.

West hasn't lost his ability at all, i'll give him that but he moved like an amputee today.

He seriously struggled to run, he would start a skip on his good leg to try and get some momentum so the bad leg wouldn't hurt as much.

It could just be some pain but it was clearly bothering him and it looked like it got worse.

I hope he can recover i really do, cos the dogs sorely need him at peak.

G-Mo77
17-08-2008, 01:53 AM
They showed footage of him running in the half time segment on Channel 10. He didn't look good at all IMO.

GVGjr
17-08-2008, 01:55 AM

Pretty much agree with Cyberdoggie. Higgins showed some good signs but West needs at least another week. It will be interesting to see if he can get back on the track in the next two days.

LostDoggy
17-08-2008, 02:16 PM
West was on 3AW and mentioned that he and Higgins would not be added into the side on the same week so I guess Higgins will get promoted this week.
Any news on Wood?

Cyberdoggie
21-08-2008, 12:16 PM
West was on 3AW and mentioned that he and Higgins would not be added into the side on the same week so I guess Higgins will get promoted this week.
Any news on Wood?

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see higgins back this week. He looks ready to go.

West ran around like a leg amputee the whole game, He was lucky he really didn't have to do much running around due to the fact they were playing the bombers (worst vfl side in the comp at the moment). He will find it a little more difficult this week against Box Hill who will be at least competitive you would think.

News on wood? if your asking on how he's going he's doing well, had a good game against port, not sure what happened in the bendigo game, apparently came off the ground. I didn't see anything happen there.