PDA

View Full Version : Where is the preview thread??

Mantis
21-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Well where is it?

Mantis
21-08-2008, 01:45 PM
This week we play Essendon.

They are shit. Discuss??

LostDoggy
21-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I like it.

Mine would of been..

Preview
Dogs vs Dons

They are without their 2 ruckman and Scott Lucas, if we lose this im not going to Adelaide.

Higgins & Westy arent coming back this week

/End Preview.

The Coon Dog
21-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Let's be honest, it's a game we should win & win well given Essendon's high injury toll.

I haven't seen Bellchambers play before, but with him being young & probably alternating with Ryder in the ruck I would imagine they would try to run & exploit Minson & Hudson that way. Glad Hille is out as he has had a nasty habibt of running forward & kicking goals.

Flethcher is a huge out as he has always seemed to play really well against us.

I reckon this week Rocket's instruction will be to play instinctive footy, get it on quickly & be prepared to back your team mate downfield.

Peverill will probably tag Cooney, who hopefully will capture his early season form.

Andrew Welsh may be used a negative forward to curb Gilbee's drive. He did it very succesfully against Heath Shaw when they played Collingwood & kicked quite a few goals in the process.

Essendon will look to run, run & run, so it's important we stick our tackles & make them count.

I want a lift from Murph this week so I hope he presents hard, importantly I hope he is just as prepared to work hard the other way.

McVeigh cut us up earlier this season (must be a family trait) so I would look to play close with Boyd given the task.

Last week we tried to play too perfectly & only kick when we had someone free to spot up & when we couldn't we either went backwards or handballed to someone in no better a position. We need a completely different mindset this week & go for it right from the start.

Dogs to win by 87 points infront of a live TV audience in Melbourne.

Mantis
21-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Good stuff CD. I was going to work on a more detailed write up than my first attempt, but you've covered most of what I was going to anyway.

One player I want us to pay close attention to is Brent Stanton. I can't stand this bloke. Did you know that he achieved 1st class honours from the Nathan Eagleton sheepdog school? Bet you didn't know that... Seriously this bloke is a cheat, but he is smart and generally racks up big numbers against us. Would like to see Farren Ray get the job on him and would hope that he can keep him to less than 15 touches.

Would also hope that Cross get's a negating role on Watson. If we can nullify the performances of Watson, McVeigh and Stanton I really can't see any other Essendon player's hurting us.

I too hope that we come out switched on and pound Essendon into the turf at every opprtunity with some fierce tackling.

I would also hope that we play a much more accountable game and do not allow the Essendon player's to have space on the counter. Each player hopefully is made accountable to their opponent.

The Coon Dog
21-08-2008, 02:32 PM
I was going to work on a more detailed write up than my first attempt,

I enjoyed your first write up. :D

Rocket Science
21-08-2008, 03:36 PM
This week we play Essendon.

They are shit.

We're not much better lately.

Discuss??

Fixed it for you...

ledge
21-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Hope Eade filled in that hole our forwards find a 1/4 a game.
Noticing we tend to let one opposition player a game do what he wants i hope its not Mc Veigh this week.
What scares me is when you bring new kids in, they try theyre guts out and the opposition have no idea what they are like.
Beware the kids!

LostDoggy
21-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Hope Eade filled in that hole our forwards find a 1/4 a game.
Noticing we tend to let one opposition player a game do what he wants i hope its not Mc Veigh this week.
What scares me is when you bring new kids in, they try theyre guts out and the opposition have no idea what they are like.
Beware the kids!

Weren't we in a similar position in 2006 when we played Adelaide where we had a very limited list to choose from, and were able to pull off an incredible win?

ledge
21-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Weren't we in a similar position in 2006 when we played Adelaide where we had a very limited list to choose from, and were able to pull off an incredible win?

And if my memory serves me right Murphys first game against Carlton, when Carlton were still getting away with cheating and had only lost 2 games for the year, we beat them, think it was Hahns first game too.

The Coon Dog
21-08-2008, 05:02 PM
And if my memory serves me right Murphys first game against Carlton, when Carlton were still getting away with cheating and had only lost 2 games for the year, we beat them, think it was Hahns first game too.

No, Hahn's debut was in round 10 v Sydney. Murph made his debut in round 19 v Carlton, both in 2000.

Mantis
21-08-2008, 05:34 PM
I hate you.

If you weren't wrong ALL the time he wouldn't have to correct you.

Sockeye Salmon
21-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Good stuff CD. I was going to work on a more detailed write up than my first attempt, but you've covered most of what I was going to anyway.

One player I want us to pay close attention to is Brent Stanton. I can't stand this bloke. Did you know that he achieved 1st class honours from the Nathan Eagleton sheepdog school? Bet you didn't know that... Seriously this bloke is a cheat, but he is smart and generally racks up big numbers against us. Would like to see Farren Ray get the job on him and would hope that he can keep him to less than 15 touches.

Would also hope that Cross get's a negating role on Watson. If we can nullify the performances of Watson, McVeigh and Stanton I really can't see any other Essendon player's hurting us.

I too hope that we come out switched on and pound Essendon into the turf at every opprtunity with some fierce tackling.

I would also hope that we play a much more accountable game and do not allow the Essendon player's to have space on the counter. Each player hopefully is made accountable to their opponent.

Stanton is one of the worst kicks in the league.

I can't believe they gave that hack no. 5.

Mantis
21-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Perhaps he and Farren can wax and have a kick off..... That would be great viewing.

ledge
21-08-2008, 06:17 PM
If you weren't wrong ALL the time he wouldn't have to correct you.

I figure if i am wrong all the time he is leaving you alone.
Im your decoy.

Mantis
23-08-2008, 09:48 AM

Yeah he butchered the ball a fair bit, but he still strolled around for 27 possessions.

Any chance that one of our midfielders might play a defensive role occassionally?