PDA

View Full Version : Mark McVeigh - His jostles with Johnson & Minson

BulldogBelle
23-08-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't mind McVeigh - but he seemed to have lost the plot and had a brain explosion last night and subsequently was taken off the ground after he took to Minson and also Brad Johnson, think he might have gone a little too far this time.

The incident with Johnno where he appeared to head butt him - that will be frowned upon by the MRP and his hand to the face on Minson.

How many weeks do you think he will get?

bornadog
23-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I have always though McVeigh looked like a slime bag and if he did head butt Johnno, that just proves to me he is a slime bag. - at least two weeks for that.

westdog54
23-08-2008, 03:28 PM
I have always though McVeigh looked like a slime bag and if he did head butt Johnno, that just proves to me he is a slime bag. - at least two weeks for that.

Agreed on the two weeks. Was right in front of where I was on level 3, clearly made contact, he's in strife. Was rightly dragged, where he recieved a deserving reception from Bulldog fans.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Agreed on the two weeks. Was right in front of where I was on level 3, clearly made contact, he's in strife. Was rightly dragged, where he recieved a deserving reception from Bulldog fans.

Didn't get the best vision of it on TV.. but the shot I saw I thought Johnno may've made more of it than what McVeigh gave. Both players seemed to move their heads towards each other as they argued.
McVeigh certainly had taken the angry pills though, and was out of control.
I'm not convinced he'll get suspended based on the footage I saw though.

hujsh
23-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I saw Johnson playing for the umps a bit. pointing to his face where he was hit. Didn't seem too worried.

strebla
23-08-2008, 04:36 PM
What annoyed me was the fadt that the umpire was right there and did absolutely nothing.
later on in the third quarter he was having a push and shove with shagger and elbowed him and all the same umpire said was not to lift the elbows bloody disgracefull i too like MvVeigh but am sick and tired of weak as piss umpires who leave everything to the match review.To all umpires out there do the job for which you are bloody well paid.

1eyedog
23-08-2008, 04:59 PM
It was a love tap and Johnno tried to milk it, unfortunaetly the way the tribunal is set up these days he'll go for a couple.

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 05:40 PM
McVeigh is a turd and has always been a turd.

SonofScray
23-08-2008, 05:43 PM
McVeigh is a turd and has always been a turd.

I agree with this and would like to extend on the sentiment by suggesting that he'd be scared of his own shadow out on the street. His being a 'tough' guy as some pundits like to suggest is laughable.

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 05:55 PM
What made me laugh was Schwarz's comments after he was dragged immediately after. "Thats good coaching". What doing the obvious thing that needed to be done?

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Agree with the last 2 posters wholeheartedly.

On SEN they made more of him apparently hitting Minson on the chin before the incident with Johnno.

I looked at the replay but couldnt see anything.....

Did anyone catch that?

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 05:56 PM
What made me laugh was Schwarz's comments after he was dragged immediately after. "Thats good coaching". What doing the obvious thing that needed to be done?

Huddo on SEN said the classic line... "get the boy off" :D

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 08:05 PM
I remember a few years ago he had a run in with Robbins behind play, and Robbins required a few stitches to his cheek. I dont think the cameras saw the incident, though, from memory.

LostDoggy
23-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Would love to see big Wibur pick him up and throw him over the fence. I can't stand mark McVeigh. Classic case of small man syndrome there methinks.

BulldogBelle
23-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Would love to see big Wibur pick him up and throw him over the fence. I can't stand mark McVeigh.

Minson has settled down a bit, I don't think he wants to jeopardize his impending finals' appearances - but perhaps a year or two ago he would have done just that. Had to laugh when I read what you wrote - I would enjoy watching him do that. :D

Scraggers
23-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Minson has settled down a bit, I don't think he wants to jeopardize his impending finals' appearances - but perhaps a year or two ago he would have done just that. Had to laugh when I read what you wrote - I would enjoy watching him do that. :D

This would have to be our best year in quite a few when it comes to indiscretions and visits to the MRB wouldn't it?

Does anyone have figures on our tribunal visits in 2008 compared to other years?

BulldogBelle
23-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Does anyone have figures on our tribunal visits in 2008 compared to other years?

Relying on my memory...

Robert Murphy got a week
Hudson - reprimand
Eagleton - reprimand

I think there may have been one or two others that also got a match but with the reduction ended up with points.

westdog54
24-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Would love to see big Wibur pick him up and throw him over the fence. I can't stand mark McVeigh. Classic case of small man syndrome there methinks.

I must say I disagree.

Snapping him clean in half would've been far more appropriate.:D

LostDoggy
24-08-2008, 09:48 AM
I must say I disagree.

Snapping him clean in half would've been far more appropriate.:D

Haha, I agree!

GetDimmaBack
24-08-2008, 11:40 AM
He plays hard, McVeigh, but he doesn't like it when it comes back.
His problem was that he didn't like being tackled hard, and he spat it like all bullies do when it's done to them.
This is what separates the genuinely tough boys from the snipers...

bornadog
24-08-2008, 11:46 AM
He plays hard, McVeigh, but he doesn't like it when it comes back.
His problem was that he didn't like being tackled hard, and he spat it like all bullies do when it's done to them.
This is what separates the genuinely tough boys from the snipers...

Couldn't agree more.

I checked the replay last night and its hard to tell whether he hit Johnno very hard with his head. The umpire was right there and didn't report him, so maybe it was just a love tap. In any case, the match review committee may see it differently and still report him as this sort of thing isnot a good look for young kids watching the game and impersonating players.

The Pie Man
24-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I remember a few years ago he had a run in with Robbins behind play, and Robbins required a few stitches to his cheek. I dont think the cameras saw the incident, though, from memory.

No, not the face, not my beautiful face!!! :D